Do you fear/dislike the smell of garlic? I am sure you will stop hating it after reading this. Garlic has some amazing properties and is one of the most well known and widely used spices in India & other countries. Food is considered to be incomplete without the use of garlic in it. It gives an altogether different taste to the dishes, due to its aroma. Garlic is also very well known for its health benefits.
Let us quickly see the top garlic juice benefits to health:
Table Of Contents
Health Benefits of Garlic Juice
Mix 10 drops of garlic juice with 2 tbsp of honey in a glass of water. Drink this daily to control asthma attacks.
2. Sore Throat:
Mix garlic juice with hot water and gargle to get rid of Sore throat.
Add 20 drops of garlic juice to a glass of pomegranate juice. It helps to cure all types of cough.
Garlic juice can be applied and kept for 5 minutes to cure pimples on the face. Avoid using this overnight; this remedy can also be used to cure breakouts. Keep applying this till the acne disappears.
[ Read: Beauty Benefits Of Garlic ]
Garlic is a boon to Bald and people with less hair. It can be applied on bald spots, leave till it dries. Use this twice a day till you see the required result.
“Take care of your eyes. Keep garlic juice away”
6. Hair Lice:
Surprised! Yes, garlic juice can even help you get rid of those lice in your hair. Mix it with lemon juice and massage this on the hair at night. Wash it in the morning. Repeat this everyday for 5 days. This is one of the best benefits of garlic juice for hair.
[ Read: Ginger Juice Benefits ]
Everyday drink garlic juice mixed with milk early in the morning. It helps to control infertility in women.
8. Bites by poisonous insects:
Apply garlic juice and massage on the bite to get relief from the pain of insect bites.
[ Read: Cure pimples ]
The best and the most effective remedy of garlic juice is to reduce cholesterol which indirectly helps in preventing heart attacks and diseases. Drinking garlic juice will reduce thickening, shrinking and hardening of arteries.
10. Sagging Breasts:
Garlic juice is even helpful to tone you sagging breasts. Drink garlic juice daily for this.
[ Read: Benefits Of Carrot Juice ]
Nutritional Value of Garlic
Garlic has many medicinal benefits like its antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant and anti fungal. Garlic has a compound known as Allicin, this gives it a hot sensation.
[ Read: Health Benefits Of Onions ]
|Garlic (Allium sativum), Nutrient value/100 g.|
|Total-ORAC value 5346 µmol TE/100 g.|
|(Source: USDA National Nutrient data base)|
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g||5.5%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.596 mg||12%|
|Vitamin A||9 IU||<1%|
|Vitamin C||31.2 mg||52%|
|Vitamin E||0.08 mg||0.5%|
|Vitamin K||1.7 µg||1.5%|
|Calcium||181 mg||18 %|
Some Important Tips For Garlic juice
1. Drink Garlic juice after meals, Garlic works best when eaten raw.
2. Garlic juice should only be applied for a short while only, as it may cause skin to burn.
3. Use fresh garlic for best flavour and benefits.
4. Always choose garlic with hard heads.
5. Also take care that the garlic you use should have mold on it.
6. Don’t purchase garlic that is wrinkled.
7. Protect unpeeled garlic by storing them in cool and dry place and always away from heat and sunlight.
8. Never keep unpeeled garlic/ garlic juice in refrigerator.
Hope you understood the amazing health benefits of raw garlic juice. Now, why more late to add it to your routine? The fear is almost gone i believe. If you have any thoughts to share, please leave to us in comment section.
Latest posts by Jayshree Bhagat (see all)
- Top 15 Most Beautiful Cherry Blossom Flowers - May 13, 2014
- Best Aerobics Shoes For Women – Our Top 10 - April 11, 2014
- 14 Amazing Benefits And Uses Of Soy Protein - March 26, 2014
- Top 10 Clinics/Centers That Provide Laser Treatment For Acne Scars - March 24, 2014
- 6 Donkey Kick Exercises For Firmer Buttocks - March 20, 2014