Do you often wonder if there is any one ingredient that can cure a number of your everyday ailments? And what if that ingredient can also make a delectable culinary addition? That would be great, wouldn’t it?
Well, we are talking about mace spice! Read on to know the many benefits it offers.
Table Of Contents
Health Benefits Of Mace Spice
1. Keeps Your Digestive System Healthy
Mace spice offers a large number of benefits, and one of them is keeping the digestive system healthy. It will successfully relieve bloating, constipation and gas related problems. Not just that, mace spice is good for regulating bowel movements. Use mace spice to cure nausea, and to treat diarrhea and flatulence.
2. Encourages Appetite
If you feel like you don’t eat enough during the day or are too thin, you should definitely add some mace spice to your diet. You will be amazed at how it can change your eating habits for the better. Mace spice will help you eat well, thus keeping you healthy and robust.
[ Read: Benefits Of Nutmegs ]
3. Boosts Blood Circulation
Another health benefit of mace spice is its ability to boost blood circulation. This will keep your skin and hair healthy, and also protect you from dangerous diseases and infections. Increased blood circulation also prevents diabetes and other life threatening conditions.
4. Stress Buster
This could be surprising to most of you, but mace spice also acts as a stress buster! It effectively eliminates tension and anxiety, and helps you feel calm and peaceful. Mace spice relieves mental exhaustion as well. Not just that, this spice can help you pay more attention to work and also increases your memory.
5. Dental Health
Mace spice ensures good dental health too. With this, you can eradicate bad breath effectively and protect your teeth from all dental problems. The spice is a natural remedy for toothaches and aching gums and is used in several toothpastes too.
6. Protects Kidneys
Another health benefit of mace spice is its ability to protect your kidneys. It stops kidney stones from developing in your body. And if you have kidney stones, it dissolves them effectively. It is an excellent natural remedy for treating kidney infections and other conditions associated with kidneys.
7. Cold And Cough
Mace spice can also treat cold and cough! It protects you from flu and viral diseases and keeps your body safe and protected from diseases. It is also used to prepare cough syrups and cold rubs. Mace Spice is also a good remedy for asthma patients.
8. Wonderful Aroma
Mace spice is also known for its amazing fragrance and a wonderful aroma. It adds more taste to your dishes and fills them with an exotic flavor. It also contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other essential compounds.
[ Read: Benefits Of Cayenne Pepper ]
9. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Mace spice is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It treats joint pains and other inflammatory conditions. Not only that, it is considered effective for treating diseases such as arthritis and lumbago as well.
10. Traditional Medicine
Mace spice has also been used while preparing Indian traditional medicine. It has antifungal, antidepressant, aphrodisiac and digestive properties that promise to make your life smooth and easy.
Now that you know the many wonderful benefits of mace spice, go ahead and read one awesome recipe that uses it!
Recipe For Cream Of Chicken Turkey Soup
- One quarter of chicken and turkey
- One cup of heavy cream
- One-fourth teaspoon of salt
- One-eighth teaspoon of pepper
- One-eighth teaspoon of mace
- One tablespoon of chives or parsley
- Boil the broth and add some cream to it.
- Mix well and stir. Keep the heat low.
- Add some salt, pepper and mace spice for taste.
- Add boiled chicken and turkey and continue for ten minutes.
- Serve hot with parsley.
[ Read: Benefits Of Cumin/ Jeera ]
Culinary Uses Of Mace Spice
Mace spice is the best in the culinary world. Here are a few mace spice uses.
- You can make sweets, puddings, muffins, cakes and different kinds of breads with mace being one of the main ingredients.
- It is also used while brewing milk tea or masala milk, primarily because it tastes like pepper.
- Try using mace spice while making pickles, ketchups, curries and sauces.
- Mace spice has often been used while making delicious mashed potatoes, broths, soups and rice preparations.
Did you enjoy reading the post? Have you tried mace spice? Leave your ideas and comments in the box given below!
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Hot Oil Manicure - July 24, 2015
- 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ballerina Tea - July 6, 2015
- Glutathione For Skin Whitening : Does It Really Work? - July 3, 2015