Anne Hegerty, the participant of the popular ITV show, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, lost a whopping stone. Hegerty, 60, looked slimmer after she was voted out by viewers. She managed to lose all that weight by going on what she calls “ the Jungle Diet.” What is it all about and should you opt for it? Keep reading to find out.
Anne Hegerty’s Weight Loss Diet
After exiting the popular reality show, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, where the celebs have to compete with each other in a forest for survival and fight for the title of “King” or “Queen,” Anne revealed how she lost 14 pounds or one stone in just three weeks.
Hegerty revealed that the participants were allowed to consume rice, beans, and water. It was difficult for her to be on a rice diet. And, there was no salt!
She said, “The trouble is really that there’s no salt and about a week ago my digestive system just said to me, ‘I’m sorry I’m not having any more rice. I can have beans, I am having rice and beans but I can have no more rice because it’s just going straight through.”
So, what did she do? She said, “Since then I have not had rice by itself.” So, now that rice was almost out of her diet, Anne started to lose the pounds quicker. Also, the celebs in this game show are given tasks to complete. You move a lot, and you sweat a lot, which naturally burns the calories.
But how did she feel after being voted out? Let’s find out!
How Did Anne Hegerty Feel Post I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here?
When asked about how she felt after being voted out of the popular game show, Anne said, “I wanted to be voted off, to put it brutally. I ended up having the most brilliant time, but what was brilliant about it was my campmates… I’m glad to have done it, it’s been an extraordinary experience and yes, it has been a learning curve.”
Yes, it is indeed an extraordinary experience. Imagine having nothing else than rice, beans, and water to survive! Kudos to her and other celebs who survived there for more than two days! But we can’t and shouldn’t go to such an extent of limiting calories for quick weight loss. Here are a few weight loss tips that are doable and yield amazing results. Take a look.
How To Lose Weight Healthily
- Consume all the food groups – include a source of protein, good carbs (dietary fiber), and healthy fats in your diet.
- Never skip breakfast. If you are late for school or office, make a quick smoothie with berries, almond milk, and powdered flax seeds.
- Consume dark leafy greens and other non-starchy veggies, three servings per day.
- Consume three types of low-GI fruits, two servings per day.
- Consume cheddar cheese in limited amounts.
- You may consume red meat once a week.
- Drink 8 ounces of water per day. Increase the amount if you workout.
- Workout regularly. Mix cardio and strength training.
- Keep moving every one hour.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk instead of taking your car to a nearby supermarket.
- Dance to your favorite playlist.
- Snack healthy. Crunch on baby carrot and hummus, home-baked kale chips, a handful of in-shell pistachios, fruits, and cucumber with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper.
- No snacking post dinner.
- Consume yogurt and fruits or dark chocolate if you crave for sweets.
- Take a break and enjoy a cheat meal once in two weeks initially, and later, once a week.
- Get at least six hours of sound sleep.
- Relax, take a pause, breathe, and just be. It will help lower stress and anxiety.
- Meditate or do something every day that gets your undivided attention.
Taking small steps is all you need to do to introduce healthy habits in your lifestyle. Once you start noticing the benefits of a good lifestyle, you will not stop being fit and happy. Remember, slow weight loss is the best. Ditch the fads and make healthy living your goal. Take care!
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Linda Robson’s Two And A Half Stones Weight Loss Secrets - December 27, 2018
- Anne Hegerty’s One-Stone Weight Loss Diet - December 26, 2018
- How Bhumi Pednekar Lost 32 Kgs – Diet And Workout Secrets - December 26, 2018
- MIND Diet – Best Science-Based Diet To Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease - December 26, 2018
- Sara Ali Khan’s Weight Loss Story – How She Beat PCOS - December 19, 2018