Ariana Grande has been going through a lot recently. Yet, she managed to release her new album, Sweetener. Kudos to her! The 25-year-old pop queen has been setting fire on the stage since 2008. Dancing on 5-inch heels and hitting the high notes at the same time, dealing with social media trolls and paparazzi, and, of course, managing relationships. How does she manage to look so good all the time?
Well, like any other performer, Ariana Grande follows a fitness and diet regimen that keeps her strong physically and mentally. Read on to know how she gets those killer abs, toned legs, and the stamina to perform on tours and shows. Swipe up!
Ariana Grande’s Diet
Ariana Grande’s fame as a pop singer also made her more responsible toward her diet and health. Because when you are in the showbiz, you have to be extra careful about how you look. Taking care of your health and looks come first, no matter what. Ariana follows a healthy eating plan so that she looks good, feels better, and has the mental strength to deal with the busy schedule.
Ariana is a carnivore-turned-vegan. She enjoys consuming healthy veggies and vegan protein like soy, tofu, and beans and substitutes animal dairy with plant-based dairy. According to Ariana’s fitness trainer, Harley Pasternak, “Ariana Grande, she’s vegan, and she loves daikon, lotus, adzuki beans—almost like a macrobiotic Japanese (diet)”. So, what is this macrobiotic diet?
A macrobiotic diet is a holistic approach to healthy eating and a better lifestyle. The macrobiotic diet grocery list consists of organic, locally grown, seasonal foods. It also encourages dieters to avoid consuming foods with additives and preservatives.
Ariana is hypoglycemic – which means that her blood sugar levels drop quickly, and that leaves her famished and weak. To prevent that from happening, Ariana Grande consumes a good amount of plant protein and healthy fats and avoids sipping too much coffee or orange juice.
In an interview, Arina said, “I have been a vegan for the last few years and it has been a great experience for me.”
But, do you also need to go vegan? No. Just eat organic, fresh, wild-caught fish, free-range eggs, grass-fed meat, avoid gluten only if you are gluten sensitive, avoid dairy if you cannot tolerate lactose, consume fresh veggies and fruits, and include healthy fats in your diet.
Apart from taking care of her nutrition, Ariana Grande also works out. What does she do to keep her body so fit? Let’s find out.
Ariana Grande’s Workout
Ariana Grande works out with her fitness trainer, Harley Pasternak, and focuses mainly on bodyweight exercises and strength conditioning. She said in an interview, “I try and live a healthy lifestyle; eating right, exercise and sleep are all so important. I try and stay really active all the time. I like to hike when I can and being on stage is a great workout.” She also runs and hikes on weekends.
A typical day of workout would include 5 sets of 30 reps of lunges, skater lunges, pike plank, and superman.
So, how do you do these exercises? Let me break down the steps.
1. Stand straight, roll your shoulders back, and engage your core. This is the starting position.
2. Breathe out and take a step forward with your right leg.
3. Flex your knees, keep your back straight, and lower your body. Your thighs should be at 90 degrees with your calves.
4. Get back up and step back to the starting position.
5. Do this with the left leg as well.
- Skater Lunges
- Stand straight, roll your shoulders back, and engage your core. This is the starting position.
- Lift your right leg off the floor and place it out and behind your left leg. Flex your left leg and bend slightly forward.
- Hop on your left leg, and simultaneously, place your right foot in the front, and take your left foot behind your right foot.
- Basically, you will be skating without the roller skates.
- Pike Plank
- Get into a plank pose. Make sure your core is engaged, and your elbows are right below your shoulders.
- Push your hips up toward the ceiling and look at your feet.
- Hold this pose for 20 seconds. Keep breathing.
- Slowly lower your hips back to the plank pose and release.
- Take 10 seconds rest and repeat.
- Lie down on your belly. Keep your hands stretched above your head, and your toes pointing out.
- Engage your core and lift your hands and legs off the floor.
- Keep breathing and hold this pose for 10 seconds.
- Get back to the starting position.
Apart from these exercises, Ariana leads a very active life, doing tours, shows, press conferences, fan meetups, recording, practicing vocals, etc. It is evident that leading an active life can have a great impact on how you feel and how good you look.
Ariana Grande might have a retinue of professionals helping her, but her will to stay strong when the going gets tough is something that is very impressive. Lead a healthy lifestyle, and you will experience these changes for yourself. Take care of your health – you will not have “one less problem” but a hundred less problems.
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Linda Robson’s Two And A Half Stones Weight Loss Secrets - December 27, 2018
- Anne Hegerty’s One-Stone Weight Loss Diet - December 26, 2018
- How Bhumi Pednekar Lost 32 Kgs – Diet And Workout Secrets - December 26, 2018
- MIND Diet – Best Science-Based Diet To Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease - December 26, 2018
- Sara Ali Khan’s Weight Loss Story – How She Beat PCOS - December 19, 2018