Our fast-paced lives have made junk foods a part of our lives. While clean eating and keeping unhealthy meals at bay is important, we need the motivation to make those changes. This is where the right quotes on nutrition can help. In the article, we have listed the 25 quotes that can keep you focused and motivated on your fitness journey. Continue reading.
1. “The first wealth is health. “ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “This is what people don’t understand: obesity is a symptom of poverty. It’s not a lifestyle choice where people are just eating and not exercising. It’s because kids – and this is the problem with the school lunch right now – are getting sugar, fat and empty calories – lots of calories –but no nutrition.” – Tom Colicchio
3. “Let thy food be thy medicine
Which means our food should be our medicine and vice versa”– Hippocrates
4. “He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” – Arabian Proverb (Thomas Carlyle)
5. “Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food. There are a great many food-like items in the supermarket your ancestors wouldn’t recognize as food (Go-Gurt? Breakfast-cereal bars? Non-dairy creamer? Stay away from these.” – Michael Pollan
6. “Man is What He Eats” – Lucretius
7. “The doctors of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
8. “Life is a tragedy of nutrition”– Arnold Ehret
9. “Diet is the essential key to all successful healing. Without a proper balanced diet, the effectiveness of herbal treatment is very limited.” – Michael Tierra
10. “Water is the most neglected nutrient in your diet, but one of the most vital.” – Julia Child
11. “Eating healthy nutritious food is the simple and the right solution to get rid of excess body
weight effortlessly and become slim and healthy forever.” – Subodh Gupta
12. “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” – G.K. Chesterton
13. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
14. “Today more than 95% of all chronic disease is caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies, and lack of physical exercise.” – Mike Adams
15. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.” – La Rochefoucald
16. “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have the safest way to health.” – Hippocrates
17. “Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” – Karen Sessions
18. “Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” – English Proverb
19. “I always lose a little weight on the road, so I constantly have to be on top of my nutrition and hydration.” – Matt Cameron
20. “These small things – nutrition, place, climate, recreation, the whole casuistry of selfishness – are inconceivably more important than everything one has taken to be important so far.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “Life is not living, but living in health.” – Martial
22. “Most people don’t have a problem going on a diet. They problem is being consistent on their diet.” – Karen Sessions
23. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
24. “Exercise is king, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”
25. “Good food ends with good talk.” – Jules Renard
In our fast-paced lives, there is no doubt that many people put their nutrition on the backburner and are living on junk and ready-to-eat foods. One reason for this could be a lack of motivation, which could be addressed by the quotes listed above. These thoughtful and impactful quotes on nutrition from diet and health experts are motivational and informative and can help you tweak your diet to perfection. Be consistent in your efforts and stay away from junk and processed foods to witness a world of change in your health and wellbeing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is nutrition important for us?
A healthy, nutrient-balanced diet ensures proper growth, development, and healthy maintenance of the mind and the body. It ensures healthy body weight and improved stamina and performance while reducing the chances of developing chronic disease.
What are the latest nutrition trends?
Healthy, sustainable eating and vegan and plant-based diets are fast becoming popular today.
How does nutrition affect mental health?
A healthy, nutritious diet ensures you dont lack any vital vitamins and minerals. Your brain gets all the required nourishment to develop an perform at its peak potetial. This results in improved concentration, reduced mood fluctuations, and an overall happier outlook towards life.