Dry skin is a common problem faced by all age groups. Teenagers, middle aged men or women, none are spared from this persistent skin problem. Dry skin, especially in the winters may further aggravate a number of other problems like scaly and rough skin and peeling of skin. Treating dry skin in the initial stages is the best way to combat all other problems that can arise due to negligence.
Over the counter ointments and lotions in the market may not work effectively to treat dry skin, hence try alternative medication such as aurveda to bid goodbye to dry skin. Ayurvedic medication is made of natural herbs and flowers and hence do not cause any side effects and over a period of time give you permanent relief. Here is a list of some simple dry skin ayurvedic treatments that you can try at home to get relief.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Dry Skin:
1. Calendula is rich in natural flavanoids and oils that are essential for healthy skin. Collect the petals of the flower and make a fine paste out of it, before applying it on your skin. Leave the paste on until it dries. You can then rinse your face with warm water. Regular usage of this mixture will leave your skin supple and glowing.
2. Chamomile is a natural moisturizer that helps in treating a number of skin ailments. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in treating skin allergies and bruises. You can make a decoction out of chamomile and strain it out before applying. A few drops of this decoction can also be added to your bath! Not only will you feel fresh and rejuvenated, Chamomile will also work on your skin to make it more supple and soft.
3. Papaya, the fruit rich in vitamin A is also a skin protector, that helps prevent your skin from excessive dryness. You can use ripened papaya as a scrub. Make a pulp out of the ripe fruit and massage it into your skin in soft circular movements. Papaya can also be used daily on the skin, as it does not have any side effects.
4. Aloe Vera is considered to be a one stop remedy for all problems related to skin and hair. It has moisturizing properties and combats with dry skin quickly and effectively. Ointments and gels made of aloe vera are easily available, however pure and fresh aloe vera gel is recommended. Apply the gel on your body before you sleep and leave overnight.
5. The combination of banana and honey has been used for centuries to treat dry and scaly skin. Mix 1 spoon of raw honey with two spoons of ripe banana and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off. Follow this religiously to reveal smoother skin in just a few weeks.
[Read: Ayurvedic Treatment for Face]
6. Barley flour mixed with turmeric powder and mustard oil is also a good remedy for dry skin treatment. This can be used as a scrub and you can apply it onto your skin using your fingers or brush. This scrub gently exfoliates your skin leaving behind smooth, healthy and radiant skin that will win you many compliments.
7. Sandalwood paste is oily in nature and this when applied on the skin helps in fighting dry skin. Rose water can be used to make a paste of sandalwood, which helps in gently sloughing away dead and dry skin cells giving your skin a fresh glow.
8. Cucumber and tomatoes can also be used to soothe dry skin. These vegetables are rich in water content, and also they help in activating the secretion of sebum oil. Not only do they hydrate your skin, they also cleanse the skin and refine your skin’s texture. Simply rub a slice of tomato and cucumber on your face daily to see quick results.
9. Neem leaves help treat dry skin and also have anti bacterial properties. You can make fine paste out of the leaves and apply it all over your face and body. This, not just helps treat dry skin, but also helps in keeping skin infections at bay.
10. A decoction prepared using cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds in equal proportion can be applied on problem areas. This juice when absorbed by the skin will retain moisture and also helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and unclogging pores.
Try one or more home remedies and ayurvedic dry skin treatments to say goodbye to the rough dry skin. Welcome smooth, supple skin with a few ayurvedic remedies.
Latest posts by Maanasi Radhakrishnan (see all)
- How To Remove Hair Color With Baking Soda? - July 20, 2017
- 33 Marvelous Benefits Of Jaggery (Gur) For Skin And Health - August 31, 2015
- 15 Best Selling Brands Of Rose Perfumes, Fragrances And Scents - August 19, 2015
- Is Hydrogen Peroxide A Cure For Sinus Infection? - August 10, 2015
- Is Prune Juice Effective For Weight Loss? - August 10, 2015