Every woman deserves a bachelorette party that is tailored to her level of crazy! A bachelorette party is the ultimate sign of friendship and sisterhood. It’s an opportunity to have some fun before the days where your friend is preoccupied at home with kids and family. When planning a bachelorette party, you should decide whether (or not) it will be a surprise. You can plan everything out in advance but not reveal the location or date until the day of the event. This way, if your friend is looking for clues, she won’t figure anything out ahead of time.
There are lots of different things you can do for your bachelorette party, but the most important thing is – it has to be fun! You need food, drinks, music, or some other kind of entertainment and games. You can plan simple games that don’t need much equipment or you can get a little more complicated and purchase things like boxes of glow in the dark condoms, whoopie cushions, fake foam props, etc. You could have a bachelorette scavenger hunt and give her a task on each clue – from going down on a banana to something more difficult like singing a song from “High School Musical”. It’s all up to you!
Your bachelorette party doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated, but it should definitely be fun. If anyone knows how to have a good time, it’s your besties! Now, let’s get started with some ideas on what you can do at your bachelorette party. Read on.
In This Article
Unique And Fun Bachelorette Party Ideas
1. Bachelorette Party Ideas at Home
If you’re planning a bachelorette party at home, the first thing you’re going to need is some food and drinks.
- You can plan out different themed cocktails or shots that you’ll enjoy together – like blue Hawaiian punch margaritas topped with edible glitter, virgin strawberry daiquiris made with fresh strawberries, etc. Personalize your cocktails by making them relatable to the bride to be. Make it her favorite color or use her favorite alcohol.
- You can have pre-made snacks set out on the table so everyone has something to munch on while you get your party started. Remember to buy your friend’s favorite snacks so she knows that this night is all about her!
- Having a bachelorette party at home can be cozy, comfortable, and the perfect way to keep your friend safe. Try throwing a lingerie shower or host a spa day with all of her closest friends. You can either have each guest bring an outfit or choose them yourself in advance.
- If you don’t think your friend is quite ready for a big night out on the town with all of her friends, opt for an at-home party instead. It’s much more relaxing and you can make sure that everyone has fun without worrying too much about safety. Home parties also have more scope for personalization so you can get super creative with it!
2. Bachelorette Party Decoration Ideas
If you’re planning a bachelorette party at home or anywhere else, it’s important to make sure the location is properly decorated.
- You can find cute decorations like large plastic martini glasses, glittery signs with fun phrases, delicious-looking food displayed in beautiful arrangements, and more. There are lots of different ways you can decorate for your bachelorette party, and it all depends on what you think your friend would like.
- If she loves glitter, lots of pink and anything princess-themed, you can go with that theme for the decorations. If she’s more of an 80s’ girl, you may decorate in neon colors with fun patterns.
- Try hanging some balloons around the house and string up some lights. You can get creative with this step and really make it your own. Depending on the time of the year, you can decorate with streamers, flowers, different colors, and shapes. This is a great way to get everyone in the mood for a fun night-out.
- You can set up different stations for your party games and food items. They don’t have to be elaborate – just buy some cheap platters at a local store and fill them with all kinds of snacks. Try buying different foods that correlate to the theme of the party. These include cheesy nachos or corn dogs for a western-themed bachelorette party.
Whether you’re planning on throwing a themed bachelorette party or just decorating for one, it’s important to go all out and make sure it’s perfect. Make sure the food is delicious, the drinks are flowing, and make it a night your friend will never forget!
3. Low-Key Bachelorette Party Ideas
Low-key bachelorette parties can be much more personal and intimate than a big night-out on the town. Such parties are easier to plan too. A low-key party is perfect if your friend isn’t comfortable being around a lot of people she doesn’t know or just isn’t into the bar scene. You can instead go out to a nice restaurant downtown and have some great food while you chat about the wedding.
Planning a themed bachelorette party doesn’t have to be complicated. You can throw a themed party with just about anything you can think of:
- You might also consider looking into venues that host private events like wineries, restaurants with catering, or even get a room at a popular hotel.
- If you’re planning a bachelorette party with a smaller budget or just prefer something simple over extravagant, opt for an out-of-the-way location. You can have your best friends meet up at your place and spend some time together drinking wine and gossiping about everything that’s been going on lately.
- You could also try having everyone meet at a park or in your backyard for an outdoor party.
- If she loves dancing or cooking, book a salsa dance class or a cooking class for the day with the rest of the gang.
- If you only have the budget to do one thing, try throwing a candlelit dinner party in your friend’s honor, especially if she is not thrilled about the prospect of a bachelorette party.
- Bachelorette parties are typically very girly – so the main theme is usually pink, sparkles, and glitter. With that being said, you can have an 80s, country, or cowboy themed bachelorette party. You can go as simple or extravagant with this step as you want. Most importantly, your friend will remember it for years to come.
If you’re looking for inspiration, the internet is filled with fun ideas and decorations that you can use at your next bachelorette party.
4. Bachelorette Party Food Ideas
Food is an important part of any party and bachelorette parties are no exception. You can get creative with different types of food for your bachelorette party or just order a few pizzas and call it good. If you’re having a big bridal shower and some girls want to throw a bachelorette party for your friend, plan some fun and get creative with the food. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve up some sweet treats. Be creative and serve some tasty desserts, whether they’re themed or not. You can’t go wrong with a huge spread of cupcakes in every flavor imaginable, from red velvet to chocolate covered strawberry! If you prefer something a bit less sugary, consider making a bachelorette party fruit platter.
- Use your creativity and get everyone involved by letting them make their own fruit platters.
- Bake some bridal cookies! It’s a cute way to show appreciation for all the hard work that goes into planning a wedding, especially if you’re putting together a bachelorette party where everyone pitches in towards the end. Plus, the bride is sure to like it.
5. Bachelorette Party Theme Ideas
With any themed party, the main theme should be obvious. You can either go with something that’s princesses and all things pink or you could go country chic. It’s important to remember to keep it within budget if you’re trying to save up for other wedding expenses – but don’t hesitate to splurge on a few fun decorations here and there. Here are some wild bachelorette party ideas:
- Be a cowgirl for the night! And if you’re going to a western-themed bachelorette party, be sure to order some country music and have a guest line dance on deck.
- Go old school and have everyone bring a boombox. You can even make a playlist of all the songs from back in the day to play while you dance around making sand art or playing spin the bottle.
- A bachelorette party theme that is growing in popularity is having an Alice in Wonderland themed bachelorette party. It’s a great idea because everyone can dress up in crazy outfits, paint their faces, and it’s easy to make fancy decorations with lots of tulles.
- Let everyone make their own ice cream sundaes! You can either bring in an ice cream truck and let people pick their own toppings or you can all bring in a bunch of sundae ingredients and make ice cream at home. Either way, the bride-to-be will love it!
- If you want to save on costs, set up a photo booth on your phone with tons of different props and use that. It’s not as fun but it’s still something the bride will like. You could also try to shoot for getting a photo booth at your local party store or even renting one (for an extra cost, of course).
6. Bachelorette Pool Party Ideas
Having a pool party at the bachelorette’s final night as a single woman is another fun idea. Here are some great pool party ideas:
- Tropical Themed: If you’re having your bachelorette party in the summer, this would be another fun option to go with! You can decorate everything from just hanging up streamers to having a tiki bar.
- Aqua Themed: If you’re not having your bachelorette party during the summertime, it’s important to be aware of pool opening hours (if you want to have it at an indoor pool). You can still have lots of fun with an aqua-themed bachelorette party and decorate the house like a water park.
- Movie Night: Since it is fall, you could do something like having a movie night in the pool. Get some popcorn ready for everyone to eat, have some drinks on the deck, and just relax while watching whatever movie is currently popular at the theaters. Or you could watch wedding themed rom-coms.
With any bachelorette or hen party, it’s all about having fun. When you feel like the night is over and everyone has gone home, be sure to thank them for coming! And if you throw a bachelorette party fruit platter together at the last minute, make something simple but still delicious, just to show that you really appreciate everyone’s presence and effort. Everyone should feel welcome to join in on the fun! And if you’re not sure what kind of party activities everyone likes, just throw all your ideas into the pot and see what happens. Mix and match themes, activities, and decorations to see what everyone likes best – and lastly, make sure you take lots of pictures!
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should you plan a bachelorette party?
You should ideally start planning the bachelorette party three to six months in advance to allow friends to block the date and plan accordingly. You also need to look up venues and their availability
Is it okay to not have a bachelorette party?
Yes, it is absolutely okay to not have a bachelorette party if that is what the bride wants. You can have a simple get-together at home to spend some time with your close friends and family or spend some ‘me time’ before the wedding.
Is a bridal shower a bachelorette party?
No, there is a fundamental difference between a bridal shower and a bachelorette party. A bridal shower is a special get-together with the bride’s family and friends where the bride is showered with gifts to help her prepare for the next chapter of her life. A bachelorette party is with the bride’s closest friends for a girl’s night out or a weekend getaway together to celebrate her last days as a single woman.
- If you want a simple bachelorette party at home for your best friend, put up balloons, martini glasses, arrange for different themed cocktails, and delicious snacks to get the party started.
- For low-key bachelorette parties, you can book a wine tasting at a winery or a backdoor party for your best friend.
- Baking bridal cookies, an assortment of desserts, and fruit platters are a few fan-favorite foods of a bachelorette party.
- Opt for fun themes like a cowboy, Alice in wonderland, or tropical themes for a fun night with your girlfriends to make your bachelorette party memorable.
Get ready to throw the ultimate bachelorette party that will leave everyone in awe. This video is packed with creative ideas, games, and tips to make the celebrations unforgettable!