Bad pick-up lines may seem cheesy or cringe-worthy, but they work! They are great conversation starters in most dating apps. The tricky thing about these pick-up lines is they can rub people the wrong way, and you may end up getting blocked. Though, ironically, bad pick-lines break the ice and can get you a date or more. The game-changer is how you put the rizz back into pickup lines in a witty, playful way without sounding creepy. They are also a great way to tell if someone has the same sense of humor as you! If you are looking for silly pick-up lines, we got your back! Scroll down and take your pick of some bad pickup lines that are good for a laugh!
In This Article
Bad Yet Funny Pick-Up Lines
1. I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
2. Are you a bank loan? Because you have my interest!
3. If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one!
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re a 9, and I’m the 1 you need.
5. Are you scared of ghosts? Yeah, me too – boooooooo!
6. Can you help me find my Facebook friend? She’s definitely here somewhere; let’s go look together.
7. You look familiar. Were we ever in the same class before? I could swear we had chemistry.
8. I don’t know much about astrology, but I do know how the universe started. It started with u n i.
9. Roses are red, violets are blue. With a smile like that, looks like I’m doomed.
10. Do you have a bandage? Because I scraped my knee when I fell for you.
11. If I were a cat, I’d spend all my nine lives with you!
12. You must be the square root of 2 because I feel irrational around you.
13. Are you a magician? ‘Cause every time I look at you, everyone else disappears.
14. Is your father a terrorist? Because you look bomb!
15. Where have I seen you before? Oh yeah, I remember now. It was in the dictionary next to the word ‘gorgeous.’
16. My doctor told me I’m missing vitamin U. Can you help me?
17. Is your father a thief? Because someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.
18. Is your name Google? Because you’re the answer to everything I’m searching for.
19. I’m learning about important dates in history. Wanna be one of them?
20. Good thing I just bought life insurance…because when I saw you, my heart stopped!
21. You spend so much time in my mind, I should charge you rent.
22. Damn, girl, is your name Wifi? Because I’m feeling a connection!
23. You remind me of the 21 letters in the alphabet. Oh, sorry, I forgot U R A Q T.
24. Do you drink Pepsi? Because you’re soda-licious!
25. I’m not actually this tall. I’m sitting on my wallet.
26. Are you a pandemic because you’ve got my heart on lockdown.
27. Are you a campfire? Because you are hot and I want s’more!
28. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again and again until you do?
29. Are you a beaver? Because daaaaamn, gurl!
30. Is your name Chapstick? Because you are da-balm!
31. Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes and I can’t find my way out.
32. If you were a vegetable, you would be a cutecumber!
33. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you are Cu-Te.
34. Is your name Ariel? Because it feels like we mer-maid for each other.
35. Are you French, girl? Because Eiffel for you.
36. Are you a time traveler? Because I can see you in my future.
37. Are you a camera? ‘Cause every time I see you, I smile.
39. Your name can be Netflix. Because I could watch you for hours.
39. Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?
40. If beauty were a crime, you’d be serving a life sentence.
41. Are you a parking ticket, girl? Because you’ve got “FINE” written all over you.
42. How heavy does a polar bear need to be to break the ice? Apparently, just enough.
43. Is there an airport nearby? Because I’m feeling a major landing.
44. Are you a dictionary? Because you’re adding definition to my life.
45. Are you a bank? Because I’m depositing my love in you.
46. Is your name a barcode? Because I want to scan you.
Sneaky And Hilarious Pick-Up Lines (That Are A Bit R-Rated!)
Scroll down below to check out a few hilarious, cringe pickup lines.
47. I’m not trying to get in your pants. I just want to invest in them.
48. Are you the chicken or the egg? Either way, I’ll make sure you come first.
49. Kids must have hated playing hide-n-seek with you when you were little…because girls like you are hard to find.
50. Dude, those pants look terrible on you. Please take them off.
51. Can I be the wax to your candle?
52. I’m a nice guy…so I’ll let you finish first.
53. Hey, did you hear about the latest glitch on Spotify? For some reason, they don’t have you listed as this week’s hottest single.
54. I lost my teddy bear. Will you sleep with me instead?
55. I will give you a kiss. If you don’t like it, you can return it.
56. Do you believe in karma? Because I know some good karma-sutra positions.
57. I’ve heard the population is on the slide. Why don’t we do something about that tonight?
58. You know where you should put your clothes? On my bedroom floor.
59. My biology teacher told me that the lips are the most sensitive part of the body. Wanna find out if she was right?
60. You are just like a snowflake: beautiful, unique, and – with one touch – you’ll be wet.
61. I don’t want to initiate this conversation by saying you’re beautiful because beauty is on the inside, and I haven’t been inside you yet.
62. Why don’t you surprise your roommate and not go home tonight?
63. I’m not a magician, but I can make your clothes disappear.
64. Are you a sea lion? ‘Cause I can see you lying in my bed tonight.
65. We have 206 bones in our body. Can I add one more to the count?
66. If I wish to be your phone, will you be on me all day?
67. You might be busy but can you add me to your to-do list tonight?
68. I’m not a pirate, but I’ve got a map to your treasure.
69. I’m not a doctor, but I can give you your annual physical.
70. I may not be a poet, but I can write you a sonnet about your body.
71. I’m not a parking ticket, but I’d like to be attached to your bumper.
72. I’m no parking meter, but I’d like it if you feed me your coins.
73. Tonight, there’s a sale going on in my bedroom. All clothes are 100% off.
74. Want to re-enact the Titanic? You be the iceberg as I go down.
75. I wish you were my big toe, so I can bang you over the coffee table.
76. If you’re a movie, then I’ll be sure to stay until you finish.
77. If I was delivering your pizza, then I would be giving you a tip.
78. Your drink might have too many calories, but I know an effective way to burn them off.
79. I love your shirt, can I try it on in the morning?
80. I was having such an off day, but now you turned me on.
81. Are you a personal trainer? I may have a few muscles that need a lot of work.
82. I’m a mathematician. If you share your number, I can show you how good I am at dividing and multiplying later.
Terrible Pick-Up Lines That You Think Would Never Work, But Sometimes Do
83. Somebody call the cops. It’s got to be illegal to look that good.
84. Are you okay? It must have hurt when you fell from heaven.
85. Are you my phone charger? Because without you, I’d die.
86. Hey, tie your shoelaces. I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
87. If you want to know why I’m following you, it’s because my dad always told me to follow my dream.
88. Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?
89. My friends bet I can’t talk to the prettiest girl. Want to use their money to buy us a few drinks?
90. I would take you to the movies, but they don’t let you bring your own snacks.
91. My mom told me that life was a deck of cards, so I guess you must be the queen of hearts.
92. Are you a meme? Because I’d like to show you to my friends and then hope they like you as much as I do.
93. If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple.
94. Do you have a coin? My mom told me to call her when I found the woman of my dreams.
95. Your beauty blinded me. I’m going to need your name and number for insurance reasons.
96. Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.
97. Are you sure you’re not tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day.
98. There must be something wrong with my eyes. I can’t take them off you.
99. Can you take me to the doctor? Because I just broke my leg falling for you.
100. I’m no mathematician, but I’m pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it.
101. Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda only one for me!
102. March was bad, April is gray… I hope we can go out in May.
103. Even if there weren’t any gravity on Earth, I would still fall for you!
104. My love for you is like dividing by zero – it cannot be defined.
105. Do you have a name, or can I call you mine?
106. Are you today’s date? Cause you’re a 10/10.
107. If you’re my appendix, then I might not know what you do or how you work, but I feel like I should take you for a movie and a meal.
108. Are you an orphanage? ‘Cause I want to give you my kids.
109. Would you grab my arm, so I can brag to my friends that I was touched by an angel?
110. Was your father an alien? Because there’s no one like you on planet Earth!
111. I couldn’t help but notice that you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
112. So your house must be a museum, ‘cause you look like a work of art
113. Is this the Hogwarts Express? ‘Cause it feels like you and I are going somewhere magical.
114. I’m not a bank, but I can make your assets grow exponentially.
115. I believe in following my dreams, so can I follow you on Instagram?
116. Do you remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve only met you in my dreams.
117. Do you know what you would look really beautiful in? My arms.
118. Are those space pajamas? ‘Cause your ass is outta this world!
119. Excuse me, but my friend here is a little embarrassed to ask you for your phone number, so he knows where to get hold of me the next morning.
120. You are like a breakfast bar- half sweet and half nuts.
121. Girl, you have got more legs than a bucket of chicken from KFC!
122. Know what’s on the menu today? Me-N-U.
123. Do you want a raisin? Don’t like it? Well, how about a date?
124. You must be a high test score, ’cause I want to take you home and show you to my mother.
125. Your eyes are like IKEA. I totally get lost in them.
126. Are you telekinetic? Because you’ve made a part of me move without even touching it.
Cringy Desi Pick-Up Lines
127. Girl, were you born on Diwali? Because you are a pataka!
128. If you like bananas, come with me because I’m a’kela’.
129. Do you eat a lot of pizza because tu cheese badi hai mast mast.
130. I’ll be your Raj if you’ll be my Simran.
131. If you were a burger at McDonald’s, you’d be McGorgeous.
132. You are the ‘desi’ in ‘desirable.’
133. Hello, my name is Uber, and I’m here to pick you up
134. I will curry on loving you for as long as life will aloo me.
135. My life without you is like biryani without elaichi.
136. Are you a gulab jamun? Because nothing is sweeter than you!
137. I see you’re wearing a sari. Well, if you go out with me, I guarantee that you won’t be sari.
138. Girl, we go well together like rice and dal.
139. Baby girl, are you from Turkey? ‘Cause every time I see you I act a bit tharkee.
140. Dating me is like riding in a rickshaw on a potholed road – one hell of an adventure!
141. I want to be the sambhar to your dosa, naan to your butter paneer masala.
142. If you say yes, I’ll erase my OkCupid profile for you.
143. I’m addicted to you like an aunty to chai and gossip.
144. Our relationship is so strong, it would easily survive a chaotic season of Bigg Boss.
145. Is your name Gillette? Because I’m sure you’re the best any man can get!
146. Hey girl, you are hotter than Rajasthan in the summer.
147. You are so hot that the makkhan melts faster on you than my fresh roti, jaan-e-man!
148. Sasu ma must have had a lot of spicy curry when she was pregnant with you, ‘cause you’re a sizzling hot girl!
149. You’re like a jalebi – sweet, crispy, and curvy.
150. Why don’t you add some spice into our lives and be the chutney to my samosa?
151. Can I borrow your phone? I promised to call home as soon as I found a bahu.
152. We go together like aloo pakoda and masala chai on a rainy day.
153. Why worry about anything else if our kundli match? It’s time to match our surnames.
154. Are you smog, girl? Because you definitely took my breath away.
155. My fast is finally over, can I have a date?
156. I want a big family so we can re-enact Hum Saath, Saath Hai. Let’s start now!
Funny Pick-Up Lines To Use On Guys
157. Did your license get suspended for driving all these girls crazy?
158. We should go out for a coffee sometime because I definitely like you a latte.
159. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
160. Did the cops arrest you earlier? Because it’d have to be illegal to look that great.
161. Hey, can you take a picture with me? I want to make my ex jealous.
162. Were you a part of the Boy Scouts? Because you have my heart tied in a knot.
163. Do you have a watch? Because I need to know how many seconds it took for me to fall for you.
164. Before I met you, it’s like the world was colorless. Stay with me and brighten my world.
165. So, what do you do? Other than make women fall for you all day.
166. Hey, I think I know you. Oh, I remember! You are the guy with the gorgeous smile.
167. You are so sweet that you could put Hershey’s out of business.
168. If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
169. Do you play football? ‘Cause you sure are a keeper!
170. Don’t tell me if you want to take me out for dinner. Just smile for ‘yes,’ and do a backflip for ‘no.’
171. Can I take a picture of you so I could show Santa what I want for Christmas?
172. I’ll cook you dinner if you cook me breakfast.
173. When God made you, he was showing off.
174. You know what’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen? Read the first word of that line again.
175. If you were a Transformer, you would be Optimus Fine.
176. Did you invent the airplane? Because you seem Wright for me.
177. Let’s have breakfast tomorrow. Should I call you or nudge you?
178. Can I borrow your cell phone? I need to call animal control because I just saw a fox!
179. Roses are red, my face is too, that only happens when I’m around you!
180. Since all the public libraries are closed, I’m checking you out instead.
181. If all kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.
182. You must be the guy I was waiting for who’s going to get me a drink.
183. I bet you $20 you’re going to turn me down.
184. Let’s flip a coin. Heads, and I’m yours. Tails, and you’re mine.
185. Boy, you’re proof that aliens are real ’cause I think that you just abducted my heart.
186. Let me first tie your shoes, ‘cause I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
187. Our connection is so strong that not even Snape could Severus apart.
188. Is your name Dunkin? Because I Donut want to spend another day without you.
189. You must be a very important textbook paragraph because seeing you is the highlight of my day.
190. If I’m vinegar, then you are baking soda, because you make me feel all bubbly inside!
191. If you were words on a page, you’d be what they call fine print!
192. By the way, I look good wearing that smile you gave me.
193. I thought happiness started with an “H” but it looks like it starts with “U.”
194. You must be a gifted thief ’cause you managed to steal my heart from all the way over here.
195. Can we take a picture together? I want to show my mom what my future looks like.
196. I’m not drunk, I’m love-drunk. There’s a difference.
197. I hope you know how to perform CPR, ’cause you’re taking my breath away.
198. You must be a thesaurus because you add meaning to my life!
199. I think there is something wrong with my eyes ’cause they sparkle with joy every time I think of you.
200. I can’t tell if it was an earthquake, or if you just rocked my world.
Infographic: How To Be Careful With Pick-Up Lines
Pick-up lines can be cringy, awkward, funny, or even embarrassing, but they can also be unexpectedly effective conversation starters. However, there is a fine line between unsuccessful or unappealing and insincere, vulgar and offensive that one has to bear in mind. Using bad pick-up lines is fine as long as you do not end up coming across as desperate and distasteful or unwittingly hurting or disrespecting someone. Avoid being sleazy or inappropriate and remember that predictable and insipid lines can come across as unappealing and unattractive and have the opposite effect. Hence, you may want to be mindful of a few things to avoid sounding unromantic when you decide to use a pick-up line to impress or entertain someone. Check out the infographic below for some precautions to follow while using pick-up lines.
Bad pick-up lines are not charming or cringe-worthy things, but they are hilarious. When you are on the first date, starting a conversation seems intimidating. But, these bad pick-up lines can break the ice. Sometimes a bad joke may clear the way and break all your tension. If you want to add some humor, use the best rizz lines mentioned above for re-injecting some fun into your conversations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a bad pickup line ever be redeemed or turned into a more successful conversation starter?
Yes, depending on the kind of pickup line, its delivery, and your partner’s response, it may successfully break the ice and lead to a conversation. A bad pickup line can be a funny or ironic way of initiating meaningful dialogue. However, it is important to understand your partner’s mood and feelings before trying to initiate a conversation to prevent an uncomfortable situation.
Why do people feel embarrassed after using a bad pickup line?
A bad pickup line can be too cheesy or cringey to express and receive, especially when it wasn’t delivered or received well. These pickup lines are often used on strangers who may not be aware of your true personality and feelings. They may judge your personality on the basis of that one pickup line, which you may not agree with.
Do guys enjoy or judge girls who use pick-up lines?
Guys generally do not judge if girls use pick-up lines. These give them an idea about the girls’ sense of humor. In fact, some men might enjoy them more as they would be a deviation from the common notion that it is always a guy’s duty to make the first move. However, there could be exceptions to this rule too.
How can bad pick-up lines backfire and turn off potential romantic interests?
As long as bad pick-up lines are used against a light and playful mood, they are most likely not going to backfire. However, some pick-up lines can be in bad taste, using inappropriate language that can offend a potential romantic interest and turn them off.
Can bad pick-up lines still be effective in breaking the ice and starting a conversation?
Yes. As long as the other person realizes that your pick-up line was meant to be funny instead of flirty it can crack them up if it appeals to their sense of humor. It is even better if they find it so ridiculous that they cannot help laughing as it opens up an opportunity to engage in fun and healthy banter, that gradually leads to insightful conversations.
How do bad pick-up lines reflect broader societal attitudes towards dating and relationships?
Bad pick-up lines can help elucidate a three-way contrast in societal attitudes toward dating. With the advent of technology that keeps the world busy in a mad rat race, for some people, pick-up lines are a quick study in wit, sense of humor, and personality. However, a large chunk of society leans towards old-school practices where courtship was a necessary and long romantic period of slowly getting to know your romantic interest better and hence they find the concept of emotionally detached pick-up lines ridiculous and meme-worthy. And lastly, there are people who are not very enthusiastic about love, dating, or relationships, and hence pick-up lines only serve as entertainment.
How can we differentiate between harmless, playful bad pick-up lines and offensive, disrespectful ones?
Playful, bad pick-up lines are simply poor attempts at being flirtatious, that fail at delivery or use a dad-joke kind of humor. However offensive pick-up lines are those that use crass, inappropriate, and politically incorrect language.
What are some alternative, more effective ways to initiate conversation and express interest in someone?
Trying to initiate a conversation around a common area of interest is always effective as both sides may have a lot of opinions about it that they may wish to share. It also helps two people share aspects about the same topic the other might not know. This slowly leads to a shift towards topics of interest that are not shared which helps both sides know each other better and also lets them know how the other responds to information that they had no prior interest in.
Can using bad pick-up lines be a sign of insecurity or lack of confidence in oneself?
Not necessarily. Some people may use bad pick-up lines intentionally to deflect from their insecurities but some others may actually find certain types to be funny enough to be included in conversation for a good laugh.
How do bad pick-up lines compare to more thoughtful and genuine approaches to dating and romance?
Bad pick-up lines definitely pale in comparison to thoughtful dating approaches. Bad pick-up lines may make interesting conversation starters and mood-boosters once in a while, however, as two people grow closer, they would like to know each other in more intimate ways that go beyond a quick laugh.
Prepare to cringe and laugh as you explore the world of terrible pick-up lines in the video below. From cheesy to downright awkward, watch this video for a dose of hilariously failed attempts at wooing someone.