If you have oily skin, finding the right makeup products to suit your skin type becomes tricky. First, you need to ensure that the products you use do not trigger breakouts and other oily skin-related concerns, and then you would want to achieve a flawless and natural-looking complexion. All that is possible if you can get your hands on the best BB cream for oily skin. A good BB cream does not leave your skin oily and provides sheer coverage. In this article, we have compiled a list of the best BB creams for oily skin that will give you a radiant finish. Keep reading to know more!
In This Article
10 Best BB Creams For Oily And Acne-Prone Skin
1. Best Cruelty-Free Formula:Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream
Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream has an oil-free formula that doesn’t clog pores, preventing breakouts. It also shrinks and tightens pores. It is a water-based, lightweight foundation that hides blemishes, dark spots, and imperfections for an even-toned skin. This oil-free BB cream is easy to apply and glides on the skin smoothly. There are only a handful of BB creams on the market that are perfect for sensitive skin, and this is one of them. It is an anti-shine BB cream that mattifies the skin and gives you natural-looking, mattified skin all day.
Also Recommended By: Allure has also listed Maybelline Dream Pure Bb in their top 10.TheThese Are the Absolute Best BB Creams for Oily Skin – Allure https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-bb-creams-for-oily-skin
- Suits sensitive skin
2. Best Anti-Aging Benefits:Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free
Garnier BB Cream is an oil-free formula that contains perlite, a volcanic mineral powder known to absorb the excess oil and leaves you looking fresh. The salicylic acid in this oil-absorbing BB cream helps prevent acne, reduce excess oil, and promote smooth texture. It visibly reduces the appearance of enlarged pores, while concealing imperfections naturally. This affordable cream contains SPF 15 that gives you sun protection too.
- Anti-aging formula that works on wrinkles
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Hydrates your skin
- Visible results
- Needs touch-up
3. Best Oil-Free Option:Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream Skin
The Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream contains salicylic acid. This acne-fighting BB cream acts as a concealer and corrector as it reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and redness caused due to acne. Also, this non-comedogenic BB cream has a high-performance, lightweight formula that blends perfectly and keeps you fresh all day long.
- Oil-free and lightweight formula
- Contains salicylic acid that works on blemishes
- Clears up your skin
- Does not give enough coverage
4. Best Vegan BB Cream:Purlisse Perfect Glow BB Cream
This blurring BB Cream works on redness, and discoloration, while evening out the uneven skin and offering a natural-looking coverage. It also provides broad-spectrum sun protection against damaging rays. This tinted cream is enriched with jasmine that retains moisture, giving you an improved skin texture, while Gogi and hawthorn berry brightens the skin. In addition, this matte finish BB cream offers a youthful complexion to your skin and has been tested for allergies, which makes it safe for oily skin types.
- Contains SPF 30
- Suitable for all skin types
5. Best Long-Lasting Formula:NYX Professional Makeup BB Cream
The NYX Professional Makeup BB Cream is a mineral-based BB cream for oily skin that stays true to its name and offers a professional finish. This long-lasting BB cream for oily skin acts like a primer and brightens and moisturizes your skin with its mineral-rich formula. It glides onto the skin smoothly, and a little product goes a long way.
- Professional finish
- Blends fully and doesn’t look cakey
- Smooth application
- Can cause breakouts
6. Best Pore Minimizer:PUPA Professionals BB Cream + Primer
The multi-functional PUPA Professionals BB Cream + Primer successfully serves the double purpose of a face cream and a tinted primer. This shine-free formula has a weightless, non-greasy texture that moisturizes the skin gently while minimizing open pores and imperfections. The tried-and-tested, pore-minimizing BB cream uses the powers of rosehip fruit extract to regulate sebum secretion. The porous silica spheres in this even-tone BB cream formula, which have sebum-absorbing qualities, ensure a no-shine matte finish. This SPF-infused BB cream for oily skin is fortified with SPF 20 which protects the skin from harmful UV rays. The fondant colors even out the complexion to give it a smooth, luminous, homogeneous finish. It tones the skin evenly. This shine-control BB cream offers long-lasting, natural coverage, extends makeup hold, and smoothes out your skin. The velvety, advanced formula contains the latest-generation emulsifiers and texturizers to create a comfortable film on the face for a barrier effect between your skin and makeup for the dual actions of smoothing and fixing. It is formulated and tested by dermatologists.
- Dermatologically tested
- The tint is on the darker side.
7. Best Hydrating Formula:L’oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier
A drugstore cream that does the magic of any big brand is perfect for every day. This hydrating BB cream for oily skin is enriched with beautifying beads and antioxidants like vitamins E and C. It instantly fills up all kinds of asymmetry to give your skin one natural shade. It smooths out the skin as well.
- Blends easily
- Gives a natural finish
- Contains antioxidants
- Has hydrating and moisturizing properties
- The effects are not long-lasting.
8. Best Hypoallergenic Formula:Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel
Look no further and add the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel to your must-have list if you want a result-driven product that is unlikely to cause allergic reactions. This oil-free, tinted gel is a lightweight formula. It contains plant-based natural moisturizing agents that hydrate your skin without clogging pores or adding an unnatural shine to it. This lightweight BB cream for oily skin offers excellent coverage and protects your skin from sun damage. According to an independent clinical study conducted by the brand in the United States, it can help increase skin hydration by 215% in a week.
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- Very good coverage
- Dermatologically tested
- Clinically proven
- Visible results
- T-zone starts to look oily after some time.
- Need to follow up with a compact powder.
9. Best Skin Protection:Troiareuke Aesthetic BB Cream A+ Formula
The Troiareuke Aesthetic BB Cream A+ Formula is not just a foundation cream but also provides various skin care benefits. It is packed with powerhouse ingredients like niacinamide to strengthen the skin barrier and improve elasticity. It also blurs redness and soothes irritation. It also contains another potent ingredient, tea tree leaf oil, which has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties that help control sebum production and unclog open pores. The lightweight formula offers light to medium buildable coverage. This sebum-controlling BB cream is infused with inorganic UV filters to offer broad-spectrum UV ray protection with SPF30 PA+++. The tinted moisturizer covers imperfections and reduces blemishes to give the skin a dewy, fresh look all day. It comes in a squeezable tube with a special applicator tip for a seamless mess-free application.
- EWG certified green grade ingredients
- Oil control
- Corrects spots and blemishes
- Overly matte for certain skin types
10. Best For Sensitive Skin:Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Physicians Formula Super BB Cream is formulated with pore-filling polymers that magically conceal pores and blemishes and smooth out your redness-prone skin. This natural coverage BB cream for oily skin gives a natural, semi-sheer coverage. It prevents breakouts and controls and absorbs excess oil. The skin-brightening antioxidants and firming botanicals leave your skin feeling supple, luminous, and healthy.
- Doubles up as a primer
- Conceals imperfections
- Long-lasting formula
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Clinically tested
- Feels a little heavy on the skin
- Only available in two shades
A perfect BB cream acts as a moisturizer, SPF, and general complexion enhancer, all in one! Sounds too good to be true? It is not! Here are a few different factors you should consider when buying a BB cream for oily or acne-prone skin.
What To Consider When Buying BB Creams For Oily And Acne-Prone Skin
- Check for SPF: For your BB cream to protect your face from UV radiation, it must contain SPF. Look for products with an SPF if you do not wear sunscreen regularly. Your skin needs protection from the sun year-round, even on overcast days or inside buildings. BB cream with SPF 30 is enough to protect your skin from UV rays.
- Toxin-free Formulation: A BB cream that is suitable for oily or acne-prone skin likely contains a minimal amount of emollients and preservatives. Avoid using BB cream with mineral oil, paraben, phthalates, and sulfates. Instead, you can opt for organic BB cream which is rich in grapeseed oil, strawberry extracts, aloe vera, blueberry extracts, and pomegranate extracts which maintains the balance in sebum production.
- Non-sticky: Since oily skin tends to produce excessive amounts of sebum, your BB cream shouldn’t feel too heavy or sticky on your skin as this could make you feel like you are wearing a full face of makeup every day. Look for a BB cream with a smooth, lightweight, and skin-nourishing formulation that matches the color of your skin.
- Skin Tone: BB creams are available in a variety of shades. If you’re light-skinned, you should look for a lighter-colored BB cream. This way, the product will not cause your complexion to appear too dark or fake-looking. On the other hand, if you have darker skin, stick to tan or darker shades of BB cream because these tones will match your skin perfectly and are less likely to leave you with an unnatural or cakey appearance.
- Hydrating Formula: If your skin is oily or acne-prone, look for products that are enriched with hydrating ingredients like shea butter, jojoba oil, aloe vera, and green tea. These powerful ingredients are natural moisturizers that will help keep your face from becoming too shiny.
- Sensitivity: If you have sensitive skin, check the label to see if the product has been lab-tested to ensure it won’t cause an allergic reaction in sensitive-skin individuals who are prone to rashes or breakouts. Also, always do a patch test before you start using any product to rule out allergic reactions. You may also check the feedback of the product you like and read the reviewer’s experience to make the right choice.
Infographic: BB Cream For Oily Skin: Ingredients In Focus
A BB cream is an excellent addition to the makeup kit of oily skin types. It saves the trouble of layering different products to nourish the skin and add coverage. However, choosing the right BB cream for oily skin that is lightweight and provides clean coverage is tricky. Check out the infographic below to learn more about the ingredients to look for and avoid while looking for a BB cream for acne-prone skin.
BB creams remove your skin-related woes and improve your skin’s texture. These creams provide sheer coverage while making sure that your skin doesn’t look oily. There are many BB creams available in the market that are lightweight and help in correcting spots and blemishes and camouflage hyperpigmentation such as the Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream, a recommended choice for oily or combination skin as it offers a matte finish and light coverage. The Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream is specifically formulated for acne-prone skin with salicylic acid, providing light coverage and a natural finish. If you have dry or dehydrated skin, opt for the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel that gives a dewy and radiant finish. They glide on the skin smoothly and blend perfectly to give a flawless finish. You can wear BB creams as makeup bases for regular outings. Moreover, it is better to avoid BB creams that are too greasy and leave residues after application.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Pratima Ati, the author of this article, has a keen interest in fashion and keeps herself updated on everything new in the cosmetics world. Her in-depth knowledge and research about various brands and products provide users an unbiased opinion about the best BB creams suitable for oily and acne-prone skin. The products listed here are water-based and lightweight formulas that do not clog pores.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does BB clear remove pimples?
No, BB clear erases discoloration and improves your skin tone but does not clear pimples.
Can BB cream be used daily?
Yes, BB cream is a perfect choice for everyday use. It imparts your face a foundation-like glow and moisturizes your skin to stay nourished.
How do I find my perfect BB cream shade?
For normal and dry skin types, go with moisturizing BB creams. Pick shades closer to your complexion for a natural look. If you have oily or combination skin, opt for a matte finish BB cream. For warm undertones, choose beige or olive shades. On the other hand, formulas with yellow undertones are suitable for people with Asian skin.
Is BB cream better than foundation?
You can use bb cream, but they do not come in various shades, so find the right shade to replace foundations.
Can I use moisturizer before applying BB cream?
Yes. If you have dry and normal skin, applying moisturizer before applying BB cream is crucial. For oily skin, a BB cream with a lightweight, matte finish is enough.
- Best Vitamin C Face Creams In India That Brighten The Skin
- Best Skin Lightening Creams For Oily Skin In India
- Best Lakme Face Creams In India