Picking up basic stuff like a BB cream is not a mindless job for some of us. When I say some of us, if you flinched, you know who you are. Yes, the ones with acne-prone skin, I’m talking to you. While finding a cream that controls oil and acne is tough enough, finding makeup that lasts longer but is not too fancy or cumbersome is twice as hard. There are a lot of options available, which complicates it further – because you are confused. Relax, we’ve got this. Here’s a list of the best BB creams for you. Take a look!
10 Best BB Creams For Oily And Acne-Prone Skin
1. Clinique Acne Solutions BB Cream
Clinique tops the chart for BB creams for acne-prone skin. It is very gentle on the skin, light, and an oil-free formula that keeps your breakouts at bay without leaving you greasy by the end of the day. It gives a beautiful mattifying effect and blends well into your skin. It has SPF 40 and offers full protection from UVA & UVB rays, so you can now entirely skip the sunscreen for your face.
- Has a smooth matte finish
- SPF 40
- Protects from UVA and UVB rays
- Free of parabens, fragrances, or sulfates
2. Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free
Garnier BB Cream is an oil-free formula that contains perlite, a volcanic mineral powder known to absorb the excess oil and leaves you looking fresh. The salicylic acid in this helps to prevent acne smoothens out your skin while the tint conceals imperfections naturally. It contains SPF 15 that gives you sun protection too.
- Anti-aging formula that works on wrinkles
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Hydrates your skin
- Needs touch-up
3. Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream Skin
The Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream contains salicylic acid. It acts as a concealer and corrector as it reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and redness caused due to acne. It is lightweight and non-comedogenic and blends easily – everything a BB cream needs to be.
- Oil-free and lightweight formula
- Contains salicylic acid that works on blemishes
- Clears up your skin
- Does not give enough coverage
4. Kiehl’s Skin Tone Correcting And Beautifying BB Cream
This is a BB cream with dual-action formula – it brightens your complexion and temporarily masks imperfections by evenly toning your skin. Unlike most BB creams, it contains antioxidants like vitamin C and UV filters that reduce the appearance of large pores and fine lines and leave your skin with a flawless dewy finish. A perfect fit for summers!
- Brightens your skin
- Contains SPF 50
- Free of parabens, mineral oils, fragrances, or silicones
- Limited choice of shades
5. NYX Professional Makeup BB Cream
The NYX Professional Makeup BB Cream stays true to its name and offers a professional finish. It acts like a primer and brightens and moisturizes your skin with its mineral-rich formula. A little product goes a long way.
- Professional finish
- Blends fully and doesn’t look cakey
- Can cause breakouts
6. Dr. Jart Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm
A powerful blend of peppermint, chamomile, lavender, jasmine, ylang-ylang, hibiscus and other ingredients like niacinamide makes this one of a kind. It shrinks and tightens your pores, reduces blemishes, tones your skin evenly, and controls and absorbs excess oil produced. It does all of this while protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Offers good coverage
- Specifically targets and works on large pores
- Works on fine lines and wrinkles
7. L’oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier
A drugstore cream that does the magic of any big brand is perfect for every day. It is enriched with beautifying beads and antioxidants like vitamins E and C that instantly fill up all kinds of asymmetry to give your skin one natural shade.
- Blends easily
- Gives a natural finish
- Contains antioxidants
- Has hydrating and moisturizing properties
- The effects are not long-lasting.
8. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel
This oil-free, tinted gel is a lightweight formula. It contains plant-based natural moisturizing agents that hydrate your skin without clogging pores or adding an unnatural shine to it. It offers excellent coverage and protects your skin from sun damage.
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- Very good coverage
- T-zone starts to look oily after some time.
- I need to follow up with a compact powder.
9. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur
The BB cream from La Roche-Posay is perfect for sensitive skin as it is formulated and tested by dermatologists. It is oil-free and non-comedogenic and visibly reduces the appearance of enlarged pores and covers imperfections. It absorbs excess oil and keeps you fresh all day long.
- Has a clear mattifying effect
- Dermatologist tested
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Free of mineral oils, parabens, or sulfates
- Available in limited shades
10. Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Physicians Formula Super BB Cream is formulated with pore-filling polymers that magically conceal pores and blemishes and smooth out your skin. It gives a natural, semi-sheer coverage that prevents breakouts and absorbs excess oil. The skin brightening antioxidants and firming botanicals leave your skin feeling supple, luminous, and healthy.
- Doubles up as a primer
- Conceals imperfections
- Long-lasting formula
- Good for sensitive skin
- Feels a little heavy on the skin
- Only available in two shades
Always choose a BB cream that has SPF as it eliminates the need for applying one more layer of sunscreen. Also, if you are switching products, be alert and observe the way your skin reacts to the cream.
Do you love BB creams? Do you have a favorite that we missed out? Let us know by leaving a message in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- Here’s How You Style Cropped Pants With Boots - May 30, 2019
- 11 Ways To Wear Polka Dots - April 30, 2019
- 20 Cute Outfits That Will Up Your Tomboy Game - April 29, 2019
- The Subtle Art Of Nailing The Classy Dressing Style - April 17, 2019
- 20 Best Reception Dress For Indian Brides - April 17, 2019