Chinese women are gorgeous! Flawless skin, straight black hair, and attractive features — no wonder Chinese beauty secrets are well in demand!
Not everything can be attributed to genetics. Multiple skin care rituals and remedies make up a Chinese woman’s lifestyle. Most of them are natural ways of looking after your skin and hair that have been handed down through generations of Chinese women. Scroll down to check them out!
In This Article
Chinese Beauty Secrets
1. Skin Rejuvenation:
For skin rejuvenation, Chinese women use pearl powder. They prepare a face mask for glowing skin
- Mix oyster shell powder with honey and egg yolk.
- This mixture when applied on face not only helps to reduce inflammation but also calms skin irritations.
Oyster shell powder may not be easily available in India. You can opt for pearl face masks by VLCC and nature’s essence to get the same benefits
2. youthful Skin:
Chinese people drink a lot of green tea for
- Weight Loss
- Green tea is rich in catechins. It is an anti-oxidant and contains anti-aging properties
- Strengthens the immune system for longevity and health
It is extremely important to steep the green tea. Pour hot water over the tea and let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy your health brew. You can add honey and lime to make it more palatable.
3. Bright Complexion:
Chinese women are known for their flawless and luminescent skin. To achieve this youthful glow use a paste of herbs.
- Use a paste of mint leaves and apply on your face to brighten up complexion instantly.
4. Natural Toners:
Chinese Women use rice water to tone their skin and to enhance it’s complexion.
- Just soak unpolished rice in a bowl of water and stir it well, until the water becomes milky white.
- Store this water in a refrigerator and use the water as a toner with a cotton pad.
- This is just wonderful and quite cheap. This water can be stored for up to 3-4 days, then it should be replaced.
5. Wrinkle Reduction:
Chinese beauties have soft, smooth and supple skin. They make face masks of egg whites to keep the facial skin glowing and taut. Egg whites are astringent that leads to firmer skin.
- Apply the egg whites and let it dry .Rinse it off after 20 minutes using cool water.
6. Getting Rid of Puffy Face:
Chinese women firmly believe in giving their body parts a good massage to promote blood circulation. Facial massages are quite popular in Chinese culture to reduce puffiness and promote cell regeneration.
You can use the following steps as a guide
- Start at the ear and moves towards the collarbone
- Rub upwards in a circular motion. Avoid pulling and stretching your skin.
- Move to your chin and jawbone
- Cover the entire area with upwards motions. Never pull downwards.
To remove under eye puffiness use a roller (Olay) or use your ring fingers .The under eye is very delicate. Pulling and stretching will lead to more wrinkles. Also massages need to be done after 15 days to get the maximum benefits.
All these tips will make you look like an ageless diva.
There are a few things to remember before embarking upon a beauty regime based on these tips
- Do a patch test before applying any ingredients on your face
- Massages and facials are good if done periodically.
- Include soy and mushrooms in your diet .A good diet is the foundation for healthy and glowing skin. 65 to 75 percent of your body is your food.
- You can try juices to detox and get that glowing skin
Infographic: 5 Best Kept Chinese Beauty Secrets That You Can Follow Too
Chinese women have been known for their flawless and youthful skin. It is the result of their healthy and consistent eating habits and skin care regimens. With basic home ingredients like egg whites and green tea, their secret beauty regimen helps them look younger by the day. Check out the infographic below to learn about 5 Chinese beauty secrets to make your skin radiant.
Now you know the Chinese beauty secrets that help the women stay youthful and look gorgeous. If you look closely, it is all about leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle and depending on natural resources to maintain overall skin health and wellness. You can incorporate these tips in your lifestyle. Traditional beauty rules as well as other alternative treatments, such as acupuncture and meditation can help you achieve holistic health. You can take baby steps and start with just a few of them and see how your skin is feeling from inside. So go ahead and begin your beauty journey. It is time to steal the show!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do the Chinese eat for glowing skin?
Red dates and goji berries help Chinese people keep their skin healthy and glowing.
How do Chinese people get clear skin?
Chinese people use herbal medicines, eat more fruits and vegetables and less meat, consume less dairy, get massages and spa treatments, and exercise regularly to keep their skin healthy and clear.
How do Chinese get glass skin?
Glass skin is a hot trend in Chinese beauty that refers to a super smooth, clear, and hydration-rich complexion. Though there is no one-size-fits-all approach to achieving this coveted look, some general steps can help. These include: double-cleansing with non-drying cleansers, exfoliating, layering on liquids, applying a hydrating serum, moisturizing, and using sun protection.
Are there any specific herbs or ingredients that are commonly used in Chinese beauty treatments?
Traditional Chinese medicine recommends bei qi, huang qi, and goji for skin care, while pearl powder, green tea, saffron, and ginseng are other Chinese medicinal herbs that are part of the beauty industry as well. Facial rejuvenation commonly involves bai zhu, huang qi, and ren sheng.
Are there any traditional Chinese beauty rituals that are still widely practiced today?
Yes, many ancient Chinese beauty secrets are still popular today, and are used to achieve healthy and glowing skin. Chinese households use rice water as a toner to brighten and even out their skin tone. Chinese women also consume “beauty foods” such as seaweed, potatoes, fermented vegetables, quality seafood, bone broths, fish stocks, and Tremella or Snow Fungus—a Chinese mushroom rich in antioxidants.
Can Chinese beauty secrets be adapted and incorporated into a Western beauty routine?
Yes. Several Chinese beauty secrets like facial sculpting, lymphatic drainage, and jade rollers can be used to improve the Western beauty routine. The Chinese diet consisting of many “beauty foods” can also be incorporated into the Western diet for better skin texture.
- The key to Chinese beauty secrets is living a balanced, healthy lifestyle and using natural resources to preserve general skin health.
- Chinese women opt for rice water as a natural toner to tone and improve the complexion of their skin.
- They apply egg-white face masks to keep the facial skin firm and radiant.
- Chinese women swear by facial massages to minimize puffiness and enhance cell regeneration.
Check out this video about the Chinese beauty secrets to keep your skin looking radiant and young. It explains how you can use natural ingredients for the youthful glow of your skin.