Are you suffering from poor cardiac health? Is your hair thinning at an alarming rate? Do you want to stop those untimely signs of aging? If the answers of all these questions are ‘yes’, you should include the black currant fruit in your diet immediately.What is Black Currant? These small black berries are rich in vital vitamins, essential minerals, antioxidants and many other healthy nutrients that are extensively beneficial for your health, skin and hair. Go through rest of the post to get a better insight into it:
Benefits of Black Currants for Health:
You will simply get surprised to know how amazingly black currants are beneficial. They can aid your health in multifaceted ways. Read on below to know more:
1. Taking care of your cardiovascular system becomes much easier with regular consumption of black currants. They are rich in flavonoids, a polyphenolic compound having excellent antioxidative properties, which prevent the formation of deposits (majorly toxic substances) on the interior walls of the blood vessels. It results into smoother flow of blood through the circular system.
2. Black currants are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are also excellent for promoting your cardiac health. These essential fatty acids are capable of lowering the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or ‘bad cholesterol’ and boost the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or ‘good cholesterol’ in your bloodstream simultaneously. As a result, no cholesterol is deposited within your arteries and the blood pressure levels remain under control. Also, it saves you from a number of fatal cardiovascular diseases like stroke, heart block, heart attack etc.
3. Several researches have proved that black currents hold significant anti-carcinogenic properties. It is all because they have lots of antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zea-xanthin etc. The antioxidant content of these berries is as high as 7,950 Trolex (each serving of 100 grams), which is known to be its Oxygen Radiance Absorption Capacity (ORAC) value. As a result, your body gets free from damaging free radicals and can stay away from cancer.
4. The presence of antioxidant vitamin C in black currants turns them into a great immunity booster. As your immune system becomes stronger, you don’t get vulnerable to cold, fever and infection.
5. Vitamin C and other antioxidants present in black currants are also known to stop premature aging.
[ Read: Black Salt Benefits ]
6. Black currants have excellent anti-bacterial properties as they are loaded with two chemical compounds – tannin and anthocyanin. Both of them can prevent the growth of bacteria within the urinary tract.
7. The use of black currants as memory sharpener is also quite popular. Apart from the antioxidants, the iron present in the berries takes significant part in it. It boosts the supply of oxygen to your brain, thereby improving your memory to a great extent.
8. These small black berries are considered as great resources of iron and can contribute to the formation of red blood cells.
9. Black currants can prevent gastrointestinal as well as cardiovascular inflammation due to the presence of antioxidants, tannins, and phytonutrients in it.
10. Vitamin A content of black currents is helpful in maintaining your eye health. It helps you avoid vision loss by increasing your eyesight and visual power.
[ Read: Dry Fig Benefits ]
Benefits of Black Currants for Skin:
Do you want a gorgeous skin? Find below how black currants can come up as one of the most effective natural remedies for you:
11. The oil produced from black currants through low heat technique (cold-pressed) is extremely beneficial for the skin. Its antioxidative properties can nourish your dry and damaged skin and restore its natural glow without any adverse effect.
12. As your skin cells get enough nutrients from black currants, they become soft and replenished. This way, you can reduce all the symptoms of ageing.
13. The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-oxidative properties of black currants help you fight against a number of skin disorders. Therefore, black currant oil is topically used for healing eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis etc.
[ Read: Black Cardamoms ]
Benefits of Black Currants for Hair:
From preventing hair loss to maintaining healthy hair, black currants are useful in anything and everything. The following section will highlight some essential facts:
14. Regular intake of black currants can save your tresses- They comprise Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid that prevents frequent hair fall and promotes hair growth.
15. Besides averting hair loss, black currants help you battle several other health issues. These include dryness of scalp, hair splitting and excessive hair breakage.
[ Read: Mustard Oil ]
So, if you want to stay healthy and look striking, keep these benefits in your mind and use black currants accordingly. Please share us your feedback.
Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014