Kale, when you see it at first, may not seem very palatable. It is actually a kind of cabbage. You may, in fact, call it a descendant of the wild cabbage family. Kale is often known as the powerhouse of nutrients. Its juice is equally healthy and has way many health benefits, just as other green leafy vegetables. Kale juice is great way of absorbing in all the nutrients and benefits of Kale which otherwise would be lost in the process of cooking. Here are the top Kale juice benefits for skin, hair and health.
Table Of Contents
Skin Benefits Of Kale Juice
Kale juice actually is believed to have more benefits than broccoli. Here are the top benefits of Kale juice for skin:
1. Reduces wrinkles: Kale juice has a lot more antioxidants than most other green leafy vegetables (1). Antioxidants are a great way of reducing wrinkles because they slow down the ageing process and it actually helps in preventing free radical cells damage to skin.
2. Skin health: Kale juice has Vitamin A which is essential for the health of the skin (2). It has been proved helpful in preventing a host of skin diseases as well. A glass of kale juice everyday night keeps all skin diseases at bay.
3. Good cleanser: Kale juice is a very good cleanser for skin. It detoxifies your body from within and hence translates into a healthy glowing skin outside (3).
[ Read: Benefits of Cardamom Tea ]
Hair Benefits Of Kale Juice
Kale juice comes packed in with both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, a rare combination. Here are the Kale juice benefits for hair:
4. Hair elasticity: If you experience hair breakage, you sure haven’t tried kale juice as yet. Kale juice increases your hair elasticity. It even helps increase your hair strength and makes your mane thicker.
5. Hair growth: Kale juices helps increase the circulation in the scalp. This way it contributes in increasing the hair growth at a faster rate.
6. Fights flakes: Kale juice helps fight flakes in your hair. It also helps a great deal in improving dry scalp by moisturizing it well.
[ Read: Pomegranate Health Benefits ]
Health Benefits Of Kale Juice
Kale is popularly known as the queen of greens. This is because of its unmatched nutrients, vitamin, minerals and phyto-nutrients combination. Here are few of the Kale juice benefits for health:
7. Fights and treats cancer: yes, you heard it right! Kale juice does help in fighting and treating cancer. Glucosinolate, found in Kale juice is really good for treating cancer and preventing it. It is specially found useful in treating breast cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer and colon cancer.
8. Healthier bones: Kale juice is rich in Vitamin K, which is responsible for healthier bones. People who are deficient of Vitamin K are at a greater risk of fractures and other bone-related problems. It is rich in calcium as well, which helps maintain overall health of the bones.
9. Cardiovascular supports: Kale juice helps in reducing cholesterol and hence gives cardiovascular support. It keeps cholesterol under check which is a major reason behind cardio problems.
[ Read: Benefits Of Kale ]
A guide on how to select Kale and how to preserve it
- Try and opt for organic Kale if you can.
- You must always buy refrigerated Kale. Warm temperature can actually affect the flavor of Kale.
- Kale must be deep green in colour and should have a firm stem.
- Avoid leaves that have holes and are slightly discolored.
- Smaller leaves often taste better.
- If you want to store Kale for later use, put it in an air tight container or a plastic bag. Idea is to keep it away from air. Use it within 5 days after you store.
- Always rinse Kale leaves thoroughly well before use.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article and found the information worthwhile. We would be glad to read your comments and know your views on the information shared. Thanks!
Latest posts by Akruti (see all)
- 10 Best Selsun Shampoos You Can Try Today - February 25, 2015
- 3 Simple Meditation Techniques To Boost Your Concentration - December 26, 2014
- 11 Wonderful Benefits Of Rice Milk Soap For Your Skin - October 22, 2014
- 4 Simple Ways To Use Honey And Warm Water For Weight Loss - October 17, 2014
- 3 Easy Steps To Prepare Neem Tea - September 29, 2014