Are you worried that your soap is not as good as you thought it was? Wondering if there is any soap out there that is free of chemicals and economical as well? Then lemon verbena soap is what you should go for!
And guess what? The soap comes with a host of health benefits. Would you like to know more? Read on!
Lemon Verbena – An Overview:
Lemon Verbena, also known as Herb Louisa and Aloysia Triphylla, is native to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Central America. This plant was named after Maria Luisa, the Princess of Parma. It was brought into Europe by the returning Spanish sometime in the 17th or 18th century, and ever since people have not been able to stop speaking about its benefits.
Lemon Verbena is a deciduous shrub and is pale green in colour. It blooms during late summer and is used for its strong lemon scent. The essential oil is extracted from this herb that has various healing properties. The oil has been used for centuries, particularly during the Victorian era, for healing muscle spasms, indigestion and also as a sedative. It was common for women to sprinkle a few drops of the oil on their handkerchiefs to enjoy the oil’s fragrance and refreshing properties.
[ Read: Benefits Of Lemongrass Soap ]
Benefits Of Lemon Verbena:
Lemon Verbena has various benefits, thanks to it being a medicinal and aromatic herb. It also is used for beauty treatments and culinary purposes.
- It is used to reduce fever and also helps in healing various ailments, such as those afflicting the nervous system, stomach and skin.
- Also known as the queen of aromatic herbs, Lemon Verbena is used in potpourri.
- It is also used in preparing dishes like jellies, fruit salads, ice creams, and is a popular dessert ingredient. It is used to prepare some very famous salad dressings and rice dishes. Luisa, a well-known beverage in Spain, is also made with Lemon Verbena.
- It not only relaxes your mind and body, it also helps fight symptoms of PMS and regulates the menstrual cycle.
Therapeutic Properties Of Lemon Verbena:
Lemon Verbena is known for its therapeutic properties. It breaks down cellulite, and hence, offers a healing, toning and relaxing effect to the skin. That is the reason this herb is often used in the preparation of natural soaps.
Benefits Of Lemon Verbena Soap:
1. Soap For All Skin Types:
Lemon Verbena soap suits all skin types and makes the skin feel soft and toned. The essential oil of this herb is gentle on the skin and helps maintain the proper balance of the skin’s natural oils. The soap helps to give the skin an even tone.
The soap combats the aging process by firming the skin. It offers the skin a youthful freshness that no chemical can impart. This is primarily because of the antioxidant properties of the herb. Antioxidants are known to prevent premature aging of the skin.
3. Skin Purification:
Lemon Verbena has mild astringent qualities that help in cleaning the skin and getting rid of bacteria that cause acne and pimples. It also aids in getting rid of mild facial scars and blemishes.
[ Read: Aloe Vera Soap At Home ]
4. Brighter Skin:
Its plant-derived oils help in giving the skin a nourished and clean feeling. It offers smoothness to skin and uplifts it after every wash. The soap contains the goodness of flavonoids that soothe and nourish the skin, thereby giving it a radiant appearance.
5. Treatment For Puffy Skin:
Lemon Verbena soap has qualities similar to green tea. It can reduce redness of the skin, and its anti-inflammatory properties are ideal for treating puffy skin. The cooling and soothing effect of the soap tends to reduce puffiness.
6. Eliminates Acne:
The Lemon Verbena oil present in the soap gets rid of excess sebum and pollutants from the skin without causing excessive dryness. It also gets rid of bacteria that cause acne, thereby leaving you with a blemish-free skin.
7. Repairs Tissue Damage:
Lemon Verbena is known to control oxidative damage that the skin experiences. It gets rid of free radicals and also aids in the repair of muscles after a workout. It can leave you feeling fresh and gives your skin a radiant appearance.
8. Treating Herpes And Genital Warts:
The soap helps in treating cold sores and genital warts when used daily on the affected area of your skin. The lemon balm oil present in the soap is highly effective because of the presence of natural viricides and hydrosol.
[ Read: Benefits Of Coconut Soap ]
9. Scented Perfume:
Lemon Verbena has scented properties, and hence, it is ubiquitously used for making organic soaps and potpourri. The fragrance of the herb functions like a natural deodorant and perfume.
10. Used In Beauty And Therapeutic Treatments:
Because of its various healing properties, it is used in therapeutic massage centres. Lemon Verbena soap is also used as a skin cleanser in beauty salons. This is primarily because of its antioxidant and antiviral properties and the ability to remove excess oil from the skin without drying it out.
Now that you know all about lemon verbena soap benefits, what are you waiting for? So change your soap and enjoy the benefits. You will love the way your skin looks and feels!
Do you know how to make lemon verbena soap at home? Don’t forget to share your recipes with us by commenting below!
- Sea Salt Soap – What Are Its Benefits And How To Make It?
- How To Prepare Dead Sea Salt Soap And What Are Its Benefits?
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Homemade Shea Butter Soap
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Lemongrass Soap
Latest posts by Renold Rajan (see all)
- Why Should You Use Coconut Oil For Tanning? - September 2, 2015
- Beware! 10 Side Effects Of Lemon Myrtle Tea - August 31, 2015
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Spider Veins - August 17, 2015
- 10 Best Vipassana Meditation Centres In India - August 17, 2015
- Is Pineapple Good For Your Liver? - July 24, 2015