Did you know that lilac essential oil can reduce your fever? Did you know that lilac essential oil can treat kidney disease as well? If you ever wondered what the other benefits of lilac essential oil are, or are wondering what lilac essential oil is, look no further!
Read this post and learn the amazing health benefits of lilac essential oil.
In This Article
What Is Lilac Essential Oil?
Lilac essential oil comes from the leaves of the Syringa vulgaris plant. The plant is a native of Eastern Europe and Persia. Lilac essential oil is a steam-distilled extract of the leaves. It is light purple in color and has a refreshing floral scent.
Benefits Of Lilac Essential Oil
Lilac essential oil is an effective vermifuge, which means that it helps purge your body of intestinal worms. Vermifuges are anthelmintic drugs. Anthelmintic drugs typically stun or kill intestinal worms and other parasites without harming your body. They are either vermifuges (parasite-stunners) or vermicides (parasite killers).
Lilac essential oil has potent antifungal properties that make it an effective agent for eliminating fungi from your body and helps lower the risk of fungal infections (1).
Lilac essential oil has potential benefits for your skin. It has proven astringent properties, which make it an effective skin tightening agent and toner. The topical application of the oil helps reduce age lines and wrinkles. Lilac oil can help reduce skin sagging as well (2).
Lilac essential oil is an effective febrifuge. A febrifuge is an agent that helps reduce fever and provides comfort from its effects (3).
5. Eases Anxiety:
Lilac essential oil has a characteristically sweet fragrance. In fact, it can help ease your anxiety and calm your mind. In fact, many aromatherapists use lilac essential oil to relax their clients. Lilac essential oil induces a harmonious mood.
6. Treats Skin Problems:
Lilac essential oil has many health benefits, and it also helps treat skin problems like cuts, rashes and burns. In fact, the oil also helps treat sunburn. Lilac essential oil promotes glowing and healthy skin.
7. Possible Psychic Effects:
Lilac essential oil has a hidden health benefit. It may boost your psychic abilities, which include a wider sense of perception of the spirit world. It is an ethereal experience (4).
Lilac essential oil is a strong antibacterial agent, and it smells divine. These properties make it an ideal sterilizing agent that not only eliminates infection-inducing bacteria, but also leaves your home smelling wonderful.
Lilac essential oil blends well with freesia, lily and lavender essential oils.
A Word Of Caution
Lilac essential oil is a concentrated essence, extracted through steam distillation. It has many health benefits, but it can lead to possible side effects. Here we list some cautions before you begin to use the oil.
- You should not consume lilac essential oil at all.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, avoid contact with lilac essential oil.
- If you have hyper-sensitive skin, lilac essential oil may trigger skin infections.
- Mix the lilac essential oil with a carrier-oil and apply a few drops of the solution to a small area and see if your skin develops an infection or reacts to the lilac oil.
- Sometimes, lilac essential oil can turn red, be very itchy, and you may even develop hives or a rash.
- If you experience any of the above symptoms, discontinue using lilac essential oil and seek immediate medical attention to reduce future complications.
- Remember to consult a doctor before you begin using lilac essential oil.
Tell us whether you found the information helpful. Do you know of any other benefits of lilac essential oil? Leave a comment below.
- 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Chili Oil
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Rose Hip Oil
- 10 Amazing Benefits Of Amyris Essential Oil
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ledum Essential Oil