Who doesn’t love to be healthy and beautiful? We all desire good health, bright skin and shiny hair. But how many of us really know about the amazing benefits of various natural substances that are easily available? Well, lime is one of such excellent natural ingredients which comes with a lot of advantages. When the juice extracted from fresh lime is mixed with water, it becomes even more beneficial. In this article, we will discuss the many benefits of lime water, popularly called ‘Nimbu pani‘ in Hindi.
Benefits Of Lime Water:
For your convenience, we have divided lime water benefits into three broad categories of health, skin and hair.
Benefits of Lime Water for Health:
Kick starting your day with a glass of fresh lime water can protect you from numerous health diseases. Want to know how? Here we go:
1. Lime water is the best solution for enhancing the performance of your natural digestive system. Whether you are suffering from heartburn or bloating, a glass of warm lime water can help you immensely in getting rid of indigestion as well as abdominal gas (1).
2. When it comes to purifying the body naturally, nothing can be better than a glass of lime water. It flushes out all toxins from your bloodstream and rejuvenates you completely (2).
3. It contains plenty of vitamin C, which works as an antioxidant (3) and fights against damaging free radicals to prevent the substantial increase of cholesterol levels in the body. Therefore no cholesterol build-up is found in the internal walls of the blood vessels and the entire cardiovascular system remains well.
4. The high potassium content of lime is essential for keeping your blood pressure under control. So, consuming lime water every day is essential for staying away from hypertension or high blood pressure (4).
5. Vitamin C is one of the most vital nutrients that can give a boost to your immune system. As lime water comprises adequate amount of this vitamin, regular intake of it can result in a stronger immune system (5).
6. Good immunity is the first and foremost condition needs to be fulfilled for getting a sound respiratory system. Lime water can enhance your immunity to a great extent, which eventually helps to keep cold, cough, flu, sore throat, etc. at bay (6)
7. Free radicals not only affect the healthy cells in your body but it also causes painful inflammation in many of the joints. Here comes the importance of lime water. The vitamin C present in this concoction can do wonder for people suffering from acute throbbing and tenderness caused due to arthritis or rheumatism (7).
[ Read: Jeera Water Benefits ]
8. Gout patients can also be benefited by lime water. The disease is a result of excessive accumulation of harmful uric acid as well as free radicals in the body and lime water is helpful in curing both of them. Flavonoids present in the drink serves the purpose of a detoxifier and eliminated uric acid from your internal system, while the vitamin C works as a free radical scavenger (8).
9. Fresh lime water accelerates the formation of urinary citrate in the body, which helps in decomposing kidney stones and averts the production of new crystals at the same time (9).
10. As mentioned previously, the presence of potassium is high in lime water. It is helpful in eliminating waste materials from kidneys, keeping the urinary bladder free of toxins, avoiding the abnormal growth of prostate, removing calcium deposits from the urinary tract and so on (10).
11. According to scientists, lime is effective in providing protection against cancer to some extent (11). It contains certain compounds called limonins and kaempferol, which turns the fruit into a good anti-carcinogen. Kaempferol promotes regulated cell division, while limonins fight against breast, mouth, lungs, colorectal, skin and stomach cancers significantly.
12. Flavonoids present in lime are responsible for its antibiotic (12) and antiseptic properties (13). Hence, drinking lime water every day in the morning can help you stay away from a number of infections.
13. Lime water is a true blessing for overweight people. Due to its zero fat, zero cholesterol and low calorie content, it is always ideal for losing body weight fast and effectively (14).
14. A lot of oral problems, such as acute pain in tooth, bad breath, bleeding gums etc. can be cured by consuming fresh lime water in a regular manner (15).
Benefits of Lime Water for Skin:
Why spend money in purchasing expensive skincare products when you can get all those lime water benefits? Have a glimpse of what you can enjoy by opting for this magical mixture:
15. Drinking lime water is an excellent way to restore your age. Being loaded with antioxidants, it prevents free radicals from damaging the skin cells and repairs the damages caused by UV rays at the same time. As a result, you get young-looking skin for a longer period (16).
16. Lime water helps to keep your skin nourished and hydrated, thereby reducing several issues like wrinkles, dry skin, patches, blemishes, rashes etc. Vitamin C content of lime is very efficient in detoxifying the blood and making your internal system pure. Furthermore, it smoothens out the procedure of digestion, which facilitates the absorption of essential nutrients by cells. All these result in a healthy, clear and glowing skin (17).
17. Lime water can improve your skin tone to a great extent. Regular intake of it synthesizes a fair amount of collagen in your body, which firms the skin and gives you a soft and toned look.
[ Read: Benefits Of Mosambi Juice ]
Benefits of Lime Water for Hair:
You can also drink lime water for getting strong and shiny hair. Find below some great hair benefits of this mixture:
19. Untimely graying of hair can be treated with lime water successfully. Regular consumption of lime adds extra shine and smoothness to your tresses (19).
Hope this information on benefits of lime water was helpful for you. Do share if you have any other benefits of drinking lime water. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.
- 8 Proven Health Benefits Of Lime Juice For Pregnant Women
- 38 Benefits Of Lime (Kaccha Nimbu) For Skin, Hair, And Health
- 7 Serious Side Effects Of Lime Juice
Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury
Latest posts by Nilankeeta Roy Chowdhury (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Vegetarian Restaurants In Pune - December 26, 2014
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Step Aerobics For Weight Loss - October 21, 2014
- 4 Steps To Use Mala Beads For Meditation - October 20, 2014
- Top 10 Herbal Cosmetic Brands Available In India - October 20, 2014
- Mahamudra Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? - October 8, 2014