Have you known about the beauty benefits of rice? What about trying rice soap to enhance your beauty? Well, in Asian countries rice is regarded as an amazing source that can make you more beautiful. If the folklore stories are anything to go by, then it is said that the ladies who worked hours in the rice and paddy fields always used the water that was left after washing rice. They would often wash their faces and even bathe using rice water.
Today, most of the popular cosmetic brands use rice oil, rice extract and rice starch in their beauty products. Rice bran oil has become a favorite among soap makers these days. It is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin E and other beauty-enhancing ingredients.
[ Read: Benefits Of Goat Milk Soap ]
Table Of Contents
How To make Rice Milk Soap
If you too are tempted to try out this natural yet effective beauty product for bathing, here is something for you – an article on how to make rice milk soaps at home!
To make this soap, you would need the following ingredients:
- Jasmine Rice
- Essential oils of your choice, such as avocado oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil and olive oil
- Herbs like rosemary, thyme, lavender, marjoram or any other herb of your choice
[ Read: Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap ]
Let’s follow the process of making the soap:
- Cook 1 part rice to 4 parts of water
- Allow it to cool
- Now blend the rice
- Finally strain rice milk from the fiber
- Now, freeze the milk to make cubes
- Next, take these cubes in a mixing bowl and slowly add lye. Melt it by mixing
- Once the two blend together properly, strain it into a new bowl
- Add your choice of essential oils and herbs to it
- Blend it all together using a blender
- Ensure that the paste is a consistent one
- Now, pour the paste into a silicone mould and freeze it
- Now, you’re ready to use your rice milk soap
The different herbs and oils you use give a distinct color, texture and fragrance to your soap. You can also add mango and shea butter to your rice milk soap.
Apart from fragrance, it offers many skin benefits. These homemade rice milk soaps are creamy and create good lather.
Benefits Of Rice Milk Soap
If you look through your skin care products, you will invariably find rice milk as one of the active ingredients in them. Read on to know about rice milk soap benefits:
- Rice milk imparts a whitening effect to the skin
- It leaves a gentle glow on your face
- It helps to even your skin tone when used regularly
- It helps lighten scars and other dark spots on your face
- It makes for a good skin moisturizing agent
- It seals your skin with good moisture and helps eliminate excess oil secretion
- When combined with honey, rice milk can leave your skin soft, smooth and supple
- Mix rice milk with almond paste to make an effective body scrub. Alternately, you can mix it with gram flour
- Rice milk cures dark lips, if you use it regularly
- It soothes your skin from sun burns
- Mix rice milk with turmeric powder. You can use it as a toner
[ Read: Benefits Of Coconut Soap ]
We use many types of cosmetics to look beautiful. But nature has stored many good things for us. Rice milk soap is a great way to pamper your skin without using harsh chemicals.
So, what’s stopping you? Make your own rice milk soap and get beautiful! And don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- Top 10 Benefits Of Goat Milk Soap
- Top 10 Benefits Of Oatmeal Soap
- Top 10 Benefits Of Coconut Soap
- Oriflame Milk & Honey Gold Creamy Soap Review
- Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap Benefits