If you do not use a night cream before going to bed, you probably do not know the benefits of night creams. Yes, you would not have even imagined how beneficial they are for your skin. A good quality night cream enhances your skin and helps in soothing, repairing, restoring, and rejuvenating it. Do you still think applying night creams makes no difference?
If you want to know more about their benefits, read this article and find out yourself. Scroll down.
In This Article
Benefits Of Night Cream
Here comes the most important bit about a night cream – its benefits.
- Night cream supplies moisture to the dry parts of your face. Therefore, your face is kept hydrated.
- It soothes your face.
- It also ensures that your skin has an even complexion along with having a finer skin texture.
- Your night cream boosts collagen in your skin.
- The cream also helps in better blood circulation.
- The wrinkles and other lines on your face get reduced.
- One major role that a night cream plays is that it prevents your skin from sagging.
- It makes your skin soft and supple.
- Your aging skin may not look old anymore.
- It helps your skin to restore its elasticity.
- Helps in renewal of the cells and nourishes your skin.
How To Choose A Night Cream?
Selecting the right night cream that suits your skin tone is crucial. Below are a few selection tips:
When choosing a night cream for yourself, ensure that the cream is not too thick.
A thick night cream clogs your skin pores. It becomes difficult for your skin to breathe.
Whenever you choose a night cream, ensure it is fragrance-free and is also hypoallergenic (3).
[ Read: Best Anti Aging Night Creams ]
Why A Night Cream?
We tell you why using a night cream is good for your skin.
It is said that your skin absorbs active ingredients better at night time than it does during the day.
Also, your skin’s cell regeneration power is higher at night when you are asleep.
The night cream clears off dirt from your face, renews the face cells and prevents the tissues from being damaged.
Therefore, a night cream on your face not only keeps your skin nourished but also helps to repair the damaged cells.
[ Read: Night Creams For Oily Skin ]
What Are The Ingredients In A Night Cream?
It is vital that you have some understanding of what goes into the making a night cream.
Check out the list of ingredients listed below.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil
- Apricot oil
- Rose oil
- Aloe Vera
- Shea butter
- Anti-aging components
- Amino acids
How To Apply?
Don’t apply your night cream in any way you want. It may not have an effective impact.
Below is the procedure on how to use night cream on your face.
- Wash your face before you apply your night cream.
- Collect a dime-size amount of the cream. Dab it onto your face.
- Follow an upward, circular direction to massage the cream on to your skin.
- Do not apply the night cream on your eye-lids.
You can also make your night cream at home. For this, you need half an apple. Remove its stem and blend it in a mixer with 1 cup of vitamin E or almond oil. Pour this mixture in a bowl. Put it on a double boiler. Heat the mixture until it turns warm. After the mixture is warm, take it off the boiler and let it cool. To this paste, add rose water. Stir well. Your night cream is ready! You can save the extra cream in the refrigerator.
Now that you know all the benefits of a night cream, you aren’t going to bed without applying it, are you? Have you used a night cream before? What were the benefits you enjoyed? Do share with us in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a night cream necessary?
Yes. Night creams help soothe and provide necessary hydration to the skin. Also, they help in the skin repair and reconstruction process by improving cell turnover.
Should you use night cream every night?
Night creams should be a part of every women’s skin care routine. They work great while you sleep, offer your skin the required nourishment and hydration, and make skin look healthy.
How long does a night cream take to work?
In general, skin cells take 28 days to turn over, which means any skin care product (including night creams) will take nearly one month of use to show results.
Can I use both moisturizer and night cream?
A night cream can be a moisturizer. So use either moisturizer or night creams for your skin.
What is the difference between day and night cream?
They differ in their texture and list of ingredients. Day cream mainly contains SPF and vitamin C, while night creams are rich in retinol and other active ingredients like glycolic acid.
Is night cream anti-aging?
Yes, night creams are packed with effective anti-aging ingredients.
- Night creams offer many skin-enhancing benefits such as moisturization, even tone, and improved blood circulation.
- When selecting a night cream, keep your skin type in mind.
- The active ingredients from these creams penetrate and work on the skin better at night.
- To gain all the benefits of your night cream, you need to follow a proper application process.