If you generally go to bed without having used a night cream, then you are doing something wrong. This is because of the benefits of night cream on your skin that you wouldn’t have ever imagined! Though the idea of applying night cream seems trivial, how it enhances your skin can’t be explained in mere words!
Want to know more about night cream? Then give this post a read!
Benefits Of Night Cream:
Here comes the most important bit about a night cream – its benefits.
- Night cream supplies moisture to the dry parts of your face. Therefore, your face is kept hydrated.
- It soothes your face.
- It also ensures that your skin has an even complexion along with having a finer skin texture.
- Your night cream boosts collagen in your skin.
- The cream also helps in better blood circulation.
- The wrinkles and other lines on your face get reduced.
- One major role that a night cream plays is that it prevents your skin from sagging.
- It makes your skin soft and supple.
- Your aging skin may not look old anymore.
- It helps your skin to restore its elasticity.
- Helps in renewal of the cells and nourishes your skin.
How To Choose A Night Cream?
Selecting the right night cream that suits your skin tone is crucial. Below are a few selection tips:
When choosing a night cream for yourself, ensure that the cream is not too thick.
A thick night cream clogs your skin pores. It becomes difficult for your skin to breathe.
Whenever you choose a night cream, ensure it is fragrance-free and is also hypoallergenic (3).
[ Read: Best Anti Aging Night Creams ]
Why A Night Cream?
We tell you why using a night cream is good for your skin.
It is said that your skin absorbs active ingredients better at night time than it does during the day.
Also, your skin’s cell regeneration power is higher at night when you are asleep.
The night cream clears off dirt from your face, renews the face cells and prevents the tissues from being damaged.
Therefore, a night cream on your face not only keeps your skin nourished but also helps to repair the damaged cells.
[ Read: Night Creams For Oily Skin ]
What Are The Ingredients In A Night Cream?
It is vital that you have some understanding of what goes into the making a night cream.
Check out the list of ingredients listed below.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Jojoba oil
- Olive oil
- Apricot oil
- Rose oil
- Aloe Vera
- Shea butter (1)
- Anti-aging components (2)
- Amino acids
How To Apply?
Don’t apply your night cream in any way you want. It may not have an effective impact.
Below is the procedure on how to use night cream on your face.
- Wash your face before you apply your night cream.
- Collect a dime-size amount of the cream. Dab it onto your face.
- Follow an upward, circular direction to massage the cream on to your skin.
- Do not apply the night cream on your eye-lids.
You can also make your night cream at home. For this, you need half an apple. Remove its stem and blend it in a mixer with 1 cup of olive oil. Pour this mixture in a bowl. Put it on a double boiler. Heat the mixture until it turns warm. After the mixture is warm, take it off the boiler and let it cool. To this paste, add rose water. Stir well. Your night cream is ready! You can save the extra cream in the refrigerator.
Now that you know all the benefits of a night cream, you aren’t going to bed without applying it, are you? Have you used a night cream before? What were the benefits you enjoyed? Do share with us in the comments section below!
- Top 5 Night Creams for Dry Skin
- Top 5 Night Creams For Oily Skin
- 10 Best Organic Face Creams You Should Try Today
- How To Use Clinique Repairwear Sculpting Night Cream?
- 10 Best Homemade Night Creams To Get Beautiful Skin
- L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Night Cream
Latest posts by Suhani (see all)
- Is It Safe To Eat Radish During Pregnancy? - December 12, 2014
- 5 Clever Makeup Tricks To Hide Your Double Chin - December 10, 2014
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Using Night Creams - December 10, 2014
- Is Radish Juice Good For Weight Loss? - December 9, 2014
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Onion Seed Oil - December 8, 2014