Achieving a chiseled belly and a fit core can be challenging. But you can make the process easier with the best ab straps mentioned in our list. They allow you to indulge in hanging ab exercises for core strengthening. One part of this strap has to be worn around your arm, while the other part needs to be attached to the pull-up bar. This equipment is ergonomically designed to prevent spinal injuries and correct your posture.
Our list narrows down your search to the 15 best-rated ab straps available on the market. Swipe to grab them.
In This Article
15 Best Ab Straps – Reviews
1. Best Rip Resistant Fabric: DMoose Fitness Hanging Ab Straps
The DMoose Fitness Hanging Ab Straps are heavy-duty. They are extra-wide straps that have thicker elbow padding, rip-resistant nylon, and steel carabiners. They are highly durable as the nylon straps have double stitching, and the quality is high-grade. The thick arm padding provides frictionless support to the arms and elbows. The heavy-duty steel carabiners help hold the straps onto the pull-up bar firmly and ensure you remain fall-proof. These ab straps help maintain your posture as you train your abs for increased core strength. You can easily do vertical crunches, leg lifts, leg raises, and other hanging ab exercises with the help of these durable ab straps. The straps come in seven colors. They also have a lifetime guarantee backed by a full refund and replacement policy.
- Extra-wide straps for a secure hold
- Thicker elbow padding to support the arms and elbows
- Rip-resistant nylon material with double stitching
- Highly durable straps
- Frictionless support to the arms and elbows
- Perfect for maintaining good posture and increasing core strength
- Available in seven colors
- Lifetime guarantee
- Full refund and replacement policy
- Reasonably priced
- Steel carabiners might be a tad bit small.
2. Best Heavy Duty Construction: Perfect Fitness Ab Straps
The Perfect Fitness Ab Straps have a heavy-duty construction with rip-resistant fabric and mountaineering-grade steel carabiners. The arm paddings are made of sweat-resistant foam cushion. The steel carabiners fit any pull-up bar and hold most weights. They allow you to maintain good posture and get support while you tone and strengthen your core muscles. The arm pads are comfortable and do not dig into the skin. The nylon straps are slip-resistant. These compact ab straps are lightweight, portable, and fit easily into any gym bag. Take a look at this video for a demo and detailed review of the Perfect Fitness Ab Straps.
- Heavy-duty construction
- Rip-resistant fabric
- Mountaineering-grade steel carabiners
- Arm paddings are made fo sweat-resistant foam cushion
- The steel carabiners fit any pull-up bar
- Arm pads are comfortable and do not dig into the skin
- The nylon straps are slip-resistant.
- May not support weights over 200 lbs.
3. Best Risk Free Stability: RIMSports Ab Straps
The RIMSports Ab Straps support up to 300 lbs. These heavy-duty straps are made of cotton padding and have long slings that provide risk-free stability. They do not dig into the skin or cause pinching. These ab straps are compatible with all pull-up bars, chin-up bars, and home gyms. These straps take the pressure off the hands, support your upper body and the spine, allow good posture, and help you do more reps of hanging leg raises, knee-ups, etc. The sturdy metal carabiners provide stability to the straps and help make your workout more secure and smooth. Check out this video of the RIMSports Ab Straps to learn more.
- Support up to 300 lbs
- Made of cotton padding
- Long slings provide risk-free stability
- Do not dig into the skin or cause pinching.
- Compatible with all pull-up bars, chin-up bars, and home gyms
- Sturdy metal carabiners provide stability
- Make workouts more secure and smooth
- Reasonably priced
- Straps are not adjustable.
4. Best Skin-Friendly Option: A2ZCARE Ab Straps
The A2ZCARE Ab Straps are made from high-quality oxford cloth, pearl cotton, and PU leather. They provide the perfect support to your core muscles during your abdominal pull-up exercises. These straps can bear a weight of up to 300 lbs. The thick, soft, and sweat-resistant cushioned inside provides a soft touch to the straps. The hanging ab slings are designed with thick pads that add to their mild feeling. These slings are also developed with wide D-ring steel carabiners with rotation lock enabling them to attach to any bars easily. The short design allows these straps to fit perfectly in gym rooms of any size. You can easily do hanging leg raises, hanging trunk rotations, and hanging oblique knee raises with these functional straps and develop your rectus abdominis, abdominal oblique, and lumbar muscles.
- Stretchable material
- Thick cushioning
- Extra-thick slings
- Prevents scratches on the skin
- Effective grip
- Improves muscle strength
- Rotational carabiner lock
- Can be attached to any bar
- Easy to clean
5. Best Reasonably Priced: RDX Ab Straps
The RDX Ab Straps are made of nylon webbing coupled with thick EVA padding and sturdy Cordura fabric with steel buttons. The oversized D-ring steel connectors make them more resilient to breakage and slipping. The RDX straps allow you to focus on the obliques and the abs and the lower back. They help burn calories and build muscle. They can be used by men and women. They are compatible with standard door pull-up bars at home, multi-gym systems, or even outdoors. These are lightweight and can fit into any gym bag.
- More resilient to breakage and slipping
- Can be used by men and women
- Compatible with standard door pull-up bars at home, multi-gym systems, or even outdoors
- Reasonably priced
- Extra-long straps
- Straps are not adjustable.
6. Best To Improve Stability: Wonderfulwu Padded Hanging Ab Straps
The Wonderfulwu Padded Hanging Ab Straps are large and padded with soft cotton to provide the extra cushion and support to the arms and the shoulders. The large cotton pads help distribute the weight evenly and minimize pressure. The pull-up straps are made of high-quality water-resistant and tear-resistant fabric. The abdominal suspension belt supports the weight and improves stability. The wear and tear-resistant nylon straps and steel climbing buckles provide security. These straps are comfortable and robust and fit any pull-up or chin-up bar.
- Padded with soft cotton for added comfort
- Large cotton pads help distribute the weight evenly.
- Minimize pressure
- Made of high-quality water-resistant and tear-resistant fabric
- Improve stability
- Wear and tear-resistant
- Fit any pull-up or chin-up bar
- Reasonably priced
- May not support weight over 200 lbs.
7. Best For Good Posture: Hipiwe Gym Hanging Ab Straps
The Hipiwe Gym Hanging Ab Straps are made of heavy-duty, rip-resistant nylon. The sturdy steel carabiner attachments fit on any pull-up bar at the gym, home, or fitness parks. The steel carabiners are easy to attach to the straps and to the pull-up bars. The padded arm straps minimize stress on the arms and shoulders. They support the upper body and the spine. The straps enable one to perform hanging ab workouts while promoting good posture. The long handles provide a comfortable grip and greater stabilization. These straps are lightweight, portable, and can be easily carried in any gym bag.
- Made of heavy-duty, rip-resistant nylon
- Steel carabiners fit any pull-up bar at the gym, home, or fitness parks
- Padded arm straps minimize stress on the arms and shoulders
- Support the upper body and the spine
- Help maintain good posture
- Long handles provide a comfortable grip and greater stabilization.
- Straps are lightweight
8. Best Heavy-Duty Metal Buckle: PACEARTH Ab Straps
The PACEARTH Ab Straps support a weight up to 440 lbs. They are made up of 7mm thick neoprene material and designed with arm paddings that are covered with cotton flannel. These padding offers greater cushioning, which reduces the stress on your arms. The detachable palm grips reduce the pressure on your palms and prevent the straps from scratching against your skin. These ab strings can be stretched from 22.2” to 34.2”. The heavy-duty metal buckles are rip-resistant, which makes the product highly durable. Invest in these ab straps to gain enhanced stability during abdominal training, like leg raises, leg lifts, and vertical crunches.
- Tear-resistant metal buckle
- Stretchable ab strings
- Cushioned paddings
- Double stitched hanging straps
- Sweat-resistant fabric
- Detachable palm grips
- Easy to use
- Overwhelming smell
9. Best Transformative Hand Grips: Zeus X Premium Ab Straps
The Zeus X Premium Ab Straps feature a compact and stable design that bears a weight of up to 400lbs. The ab strap slings are double stitched with precision, and the straps are padded with memory cushion foam to reduce the pressure on your arms. These hanging ab straps are developed with optimum neoprene, transformative grips that offer a comfortable hand position. They come with heavy-duty steel carabiners that help attach these straps to all kinds of rods with ultimate safety. These easy clip-on straps can be installed on a standard pull-up bar or any multi-gym workout equipment.
- Easy to install
- Compact design
- Double-stitched ab strap strings
- Padded straps reduce the arm pressure
- Transformative hand grips
- Holds up the weight well
- Comes with a storage bag
- Oversized carabiners
10. Best Portable: DEAGLE SPORTS Ab Straps
The DEAGLE SPORTS Ab Straps are equipped with steel carabiners and heavy-duty nylon straps. They provide extra comfort with abdominal fitness workouts. These ab straps are built with breathable, double padded straps that help you develop abdominal muscles with great efficiency. These pads are sweat and odor-resistant and reduce the pressure created on your arms. The slings can be adjusted to your arm length, and the extra-duty steel carabiners offer a secured lock system when hung on the rods. Set up these ad straps to the door hanging bar, chin-up bar, smith machine, or outdoor-pull up bar in less than 5 minutes and build your core muscles effortlessly.
- Adjustable slings
- Breathable fabric
- Double padded straps
- Double-stitched fabric
- Extra duty steel carabiners
- Might develop scratches on the back
11. Best Double Stitched Fabric: Hawk Sports Ab Straps
The Hawk Sports AB Straps are made of heavy-duty nylon that comes with thick and breathable 66 mm neoprene padding for added comfort. The rounded edges of the slings are easy to grasp and can be stored in your gym bag. The ab slings are 13’’ long and 6’’ wide that fit all sizes. These hand-washable straps come with stainless steel, adjustable carabiner closures that let you hang them safely on any rods. These flexible ab straps are ideal for ab workouts like leg raise, bent-knee raises, bicycle kicks, and oblique crunches. They support up to 300 lbs and help you build muscles, burn excess fat, and improve flexibility.
- Breathable fabric
- Adjustable carabiner closure
- Holds up the weight well
- Suitable for all sizes
- Short straps
12. Best Comfortable Fit: Ultimate Body Press Ab Straps
The Ultimate Body Press Ab Straps have a foam padding that provides support and comfort to the lower back, arms, and shoulders. The extra-wide velcro upper section of the straps offers more safety while performing the exercise. The straps are comfortable and compatible with most pull-up and chin-up bars. They help perform hanging ab curls, leg raises, oblique crunches, and hanging crunches.
- Foam padding
- Extra-wide velcro
- Compatible with most pull-up and chin-up bars
13. Best Secure And Strong Option: Grizzly Fitness Deluxe Hanging Ab Straps
The Grizzly Fitness Deluxe Hanging Ab Straps are made of nylon and offer maximum strength. Their heavy-duty, sturdy carabiner clip attaches to any chin-up bar and provides security during a workout. The straps are made of high-quality cotton padding. They are durable, tear-resistant, and sweat-resistant. The straps help maintain good posture and reduce stress on the lower back, shoulders, and arms.
- Maximum strength nylon ab straps
- Come with heavy-duty, sturdy carabineer clip
- Can be attached to any chin-up bar
- Secure and strong
- High-quality cotton padding
- Have small hooks
14. Best For Superior Stability: Gladiator Gym Gear Hanging Ab Straps
The Gladiator Gym Gear Hanging Ab Straps target, strengthen, and sculpt core muscles. You can efficiently perform hanging leg raises, vertical crunches, leg lifts, knee raises, and trunk rotations. These straps are compatible with any chin-up or pull-up bar in the gym, and standard door pull-up bars at home or outdoors. The extra-wide straps provide superior stability. The thicker edge-to-edge elbow padding, rip-resistant nylon, and steel carabiners offer comfort and security. The straps minimize stress on the forearms and reduce friction.
- Support weight of over 400 lbs
- Extra-wide straps
- Thick edge-to-edge elbow padding
- Rip-resistant nylon
- Superior stability
- Compatible with any chin-up or pull-up bar
15. Best For Maximum Comfort: Schiek Sports Heavy Duty Padded Ab Straps
The Schiek Sports Heavy Duty Padded Ab Straps are eighteen inches long. They have a ¼-inch plush neoprene padding and heavy-duty D-rings. The straps are durable and ensure good grip through non-slip webbing. They provide maximum comfort while exercising. They are designed for ab crunches and cable pull-downs.
- ¼-inch plush neoprene padding
- Heavy-duty D-rings
- Durable straps
- Ensure good grip through non-slip webbing
- Provide maximum comfort
- No foam or cotton padding
These are the fifteen best ab straps you can buy online. If you are not sure how to use them, here’s a step-by-step guide:
How To Use Ab Straps?
- Press the D-link or the hook carabiner and attach it to the pull-up bar.
- Do the same with the other ab strap as well.
- Take your arms through the arm loops.
- Place your upper arms and elbows comfortably against the arm loop.
- Hold the straps with your hands with a firm grip.
- Lift one foot and check if they are firm and safe.
- Make the required adjustments.
- Start doing hanging abs exercises!
The following section will help you make a better purchase decision. Take a look.
Ab Strap Buying Tips
Check these points before buying an ab strap:
Maximum Load – To prevent falls and injuries, you must check if the ab straps will support your weight. Some ab straps are made for athletes and weight lifters, and some are made for petite women. Check which feel closer to your weight.
Comfort – Uncomfortable ab straps cause scratching on the skin. They also can dig into your skin and may slip. Buy ab straps that offer excellent comfort. While using ab straps, you must not feel any pressure in your lower back, shoulders, and arms.
Durability – Check the material of the ab straps, the loops, the stitches, and the hooks. The construction should have double stitching and should be made of rip-resistant fabric. The hooks are best when made of heavy-duty steel rather than just velcro.
Straps – Some ab straps are too long, and some are too short. Buy those that can be adjusted to the desired length. The straps should not be too thin. Wider and thicker straps ensure safety.
If you are a fitness enthusiast and are working out for a six-pack, hanging ab straps are a must-have. They help perform ab exercises like front and back crutches to strengthen your core muscles and tone upper body muscles. Their ergonomic design help to maintain and correct the posture and prevent back injuries. These hanging ab straps are compact, lightweight, and compatible with chin-up and pull-up bars. However, some hanging straps may be fragile check out the product reviews carefully before choosing one that meets your needs.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Aditi Naskar, has a diploma in health and wellness and is a fitness enthusiast. She believes that exercises can improve core strength and help you stay fit. So, she carefully researched many products and checked their reviews online to compile this list of the best ab straps for hanging ab exercises. These products can help correct your posture while preventing spinal injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do ab straps do?
Ab straps provide support to hanging ab exercises. They alleviate stress from the shoulders, arms, and lower back. The straps offer a secure and robust hold – keeping hands from slipping off the pull-up bars. Ab straps ensure better posture and a more efficient exercise routine.
Are all ab straps adjustable?
No, not all ab straps are adjustable. Check which could be adjustable before making a purchase.
How far can the straps hang?
This depends on the length of the ab straps. Some ab straps are too long, and some are too short. Purchasing adjustable straps for hanging ab exercises is recommended.
What is the weight limit for ab straps?
The weight limit of ab straps may range from 200 lbs to 1000 lbs. Some are built for athletes and weightlifters and have a higher weight limit.
Do the straps come as a pair?
Yes, the straps come as a pair.
- Best Home Gym Equipment
- Resistance Band Workouts – Effective Full Body Exercises For Women
- Best Ab Exercise Equipments You Can Try
- Best Ab Rollers : Ab Wheels For A Slim And Strong Core