Are you dealing with dry, brittle, or lifeless hair even after plush conditioning? Alcohol could be the reason! Yes, rather than leaving your hair soft, manageable, and healthy, the alcohol in your conditioner is probably reversing the process and leaving your dry scalp and hair even drier! Hence, you must switch to an alcohol-free conditioner ASAP to fight dryness and retain the natural pH level of your hair. To learn more about alcohol-free conditioners, read along!
Table Of Contents
What Are Alcohol-free Conditioners?
First thing first, the alcohol used in conditioners and for disinfecting wounds are not the same. The one in conditioners contains fatty acids that help retain the natural moisture of your scalp and hair. However, they are ideal for healthy or oily scalps only. Using these alcohol-based conditioners on dry scalp or hair may worsen the dryness considering there is no moisture to retain. Hence, people with dryness or damaged hair problems are advised to use alcohol-free conditioners.
Now, are you ready to add one to your hair wash routine? Check out our list of 6 best alcohol-free conditioners of 2020 for you below!
Read on to know more!
Top 6 Best Alcohol-Free Conditioners For Healthy And Beautiful Hair (with Reviews)
More like a dose of happiness for your curly crown, this leave-in conditioner will make your curls bounce with joy! Eliminating the frizz, dryness, and sealing in the moisture with its leave-in therapy, its enriching formula is a must-try for men, women, and kids. With infused keravis, which is a multi-faceted protein that tackles cuticle abrasion, tensile strength, and bending modulus, it also contains vitamin B5 and keratin for intense nourishment. Yep, the only rescue mission your frizzy curls deserve! Try it.
- Softens and moisturizes the curls
- Seals and eliminates split-ends
- Repairs damaged and dry hair
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free
- Suitable for kinky, natural curls, fine curls, ringlets, colored and wavy hair
- Small size
Rich, moisturizing, and ultra-nourishing, pure emu oil has been making women fall in love with their hair for decades! And now, you can enjoy the enriching power of emu oil along with plant extracts and essentials oils in this alcohol-free conditioner. Like food for your hair, it rejuvenates the strands to make them look healthier, volumized, and shinier than before. So, if you are looking for an oil-based conditioner to bring back your natural gorgeousness, this Emu Oil Conditioner could be a great pick.
- Lightweight and non-greasy formula
- Intensely hydrating and nourishing
- Leaves hair manageable and soft
- Infused rosemary fragrance delivers a subtle after-scent
- Paraben-free, SLS-free, and synthetic fragrance-free
- It’s not cruelty-free.
Is frizzy hair driving you crazy? You need this intense keratin treatment and leave-in conditioner to seal and smoothen instantly! Why keep your hair tied in a bun when you can flip and flaunt like a stunner with this frizz-control conditioner? Claiming to tame the curls, add a bounce and make them look healthier and shinier, you can bid goodbye to all your hair ties forever. Also, it contains vitamin B5 that works intensely to strengthen the hair cuticle and retain the natural moisture too. Try it to witness the difference!
- Ensures healthy hair growth
- Prevents color from fading
- Protects from sun or UV damage
- Ideal to use with heat to intensify shine
- Paraben-free, sodium chloride-free, and cruelty-free
- Safe and suitable for curly, straight, dry, and colored hair
- Small size
- It has a strong fragrance.
More like a rejuvenating spa for your damaged, chemically-treated, and dry hair, this leave-in conditioner is a must-try for all. From intensely moisturizing your scalp, it melts like butter on hair, thus leaving it ultra-soft and manageable instantly. Also, are you dealing with an itchy scalp? If yes, then this formula has argan oil, vitamin E, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and keratin to not only nourish the scalp intensely but also promote healthy hair growth. Do not miss it!
- Infused with organic ingredients
- Gentle and strengthening formula
- Restores natural moisture
- Protects hair during heat styling
- Reduces hair loss and breakage
- Prevents drying and cuticle damage
- Improves hair texture and elasticity
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free, and SLS-free product
- Thin consistency
Don’t have time to use a conditioner after hair wash? Here’s a cleanser with conditioner to make your task easier and hair healthier with every use! Formulated with green tea and lime, it hydrates, moisturizes, and cleanses without stripping the natural oils of your hair. And that’s not all— it claims to add volume, shine and deliver fuller-looking hair with its enriching blend too. Give it a try if you haven’t already!
- Suitable for all hair types
- Pampers hair while cleansing
- Gentle cleanser and conditioner
- Infused with natural oils and herbs
- Sulfate-free and phthalate-free product
- It has fragrance.
If you like styling your hair often, then this conditioning gel will awaken the expert in you! Go on, style as much as you want, as this conditioner ensures to keep your hair and scalp hydrated and nourished all the time. Super easy to use and also giving excellent control over your tresses instantly, get ready to sport a new hairdo without worrying about frizz or damaging your scalp.
- High-quality gel conditioner
- Adds a healthy shine and softness
- Prevents build-up or flaking
- Sulfate-free and paraben-free product
- It has easy-to-use dispenser packaging.
- Not recommended for very dry and damaged hair
Goodbye dryness, hello gorgeous hair! There you go, those were the 6 best alcohol-free conditioners that you must try this 2020. Still, need assistance with buying the right alcohol-free conditioner for your hair? Read our buying guide below.
How To Choose The Right Alcohol-Free Conditioner?
Look out for the following features to buy the right alcohol-free conditioner:
Hair Type: If you think any conditioner can work on your hair type, then you are highly mistaken. Conditioners are formulated as per the hair type as well. So, if you have curly hair, a straight hair conditioner might not deliver favorable results.
Ingredients: Even if the conditioner is alcohol-free, you must inspect the other ingredients too. The idea is to not only keep the alcohol out but to swap it with intensely conditioning ingredients that can help tackle dryness and damaged hair.
Chemical-free: The conditioner should be chemical-free, mild, and gentle enough to treat damaged and dry hair. So, check if the conditioner has paraben, sulfate, phthalate, or other chemicals that can worsen your hair condition.
Scalp Treatment: Along with your hair, you must pick a conditioner that’ll nourish your scalp too. Basically, if your scalp is healthy, it will automatically help your tresses heal and promote healthy hair growth.
That’s all folks! Let’s banish the dryness with the best alcohol-free conditioner of 2020. With these 6 alcohol-free conditioners guaranteeing to rejuvenate your hair and make them look healthier, it is time to let go of your old conditioner right away. Now, what are you waiting for? Go, pick yours and bring back the good hair days, the alcohol-free way!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Do All Conditioners Have Alcohol?
Yes, most of the conditioners have alcohol as it helps retain the natural moisture. So, if you have dry or damaged hair, you must opt for alcohol-free conditioners only.
Is Alcohol in Conditioner Bad for Your Hair?
It depends on your hair type. If you have normal or oily hair, then alcohol will strip away the excess oil and retain the natural moisture. However, the process may reverse if you have damaged or dry hair as it will end up drying or damaging even more.
Why is Isopropyl Alcohol in Conditioner?
Isopropyl Alcohol is primarily used in shampoos, conditioners, and other cosmetics for its drying effect. Hence, it is not advisable for those with dry, damaged, or brittle hair.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 13 Best Purple Shampoos To Keep Your Gray Hair Healthy - November 24, 2020
- 10 Best Dry Shampoos For Fine Hair In 2020 - November 19, 2020
- Flaunt Beautiful Curls With 9 Best Spiral Curling Irons and wands of 2020! - November 18, 2020
- 11 Best Hair Wax Sprays Reviews In 2020 - November 16, 2020
- 13 Best Vegan Hair Mousse Brands In 2020 - November 12, 2020