A world without hair spray is a world filled with quite the misery. Bad hair days are something every woman goes through. That does not mean you have to step out of the house looking like a wreck. We have got you covered with some of the best alcohol-free hairsprays that will save your day and turn your bad hair day mood right back into a happy one! If you are looking to create a look that is voluminous, shiny, or set it tight for a couple of hours, alcohol-free hair sprays are your one-stop solution.
If you’re in a rush and don’t have enough time to tame your hair, spray it on, run a brush through your hair, and voila! No matter your hair type, we’ve got an alcohol-free hair spray for every one of them. With high-quality ingredients and reasonable prices, these alcohol-free hair sprays are something that any woman can rely on. Read on to know more.
Alcohol Free Hair Spray vs Alcohol Hair Spray
Are you sick of trying to tame dry, dead, brittle, and frizzy hair? In 2020, we have come to realize that alcohol-based products do more harm to your hair than help fix it. It depletes your hair of the nutrients while making it look nothing but dead. Alcohol hair spray keeps your hair wet for a longer period of time and also takes time to dry it out. Alcohol-free hair spray supplies tons of nutrients while imparting a natural shine and a voluminous look in no time. You won’t ever have to worry about delayed salon appointments to help you with a bad hair day. Opting for an alcohol-free hair spray will surely be a great choice when compared to using hair spray that contains alcohol.
How Do I Choose The Best Alcohol-Free Hair Spray
Here are some tips for picking out an alcohol-free hair spray that would best suit your hair.
- Know your hair type. Whether it’s oily, or you suffer from hair fall or thinning, be well informed of what your hair is like so you can pick the right alcohol-free hairspray.
- Identify the ingredients that work for you and those that don’t.
- Always read the description to cross-check if the hair spray is suitable for your hair-type.
- If you have a particular look in mind, look for hair sprays that would help you achieve it.
- Look for something that would fit your budget as well as protect your hair.
15 Best Alcohol-Free Hairsprays
1. Honeybee Gardens Herbal Mint Alcohol Free Hair Spray
The Honeybee Gardens Hair Spray is one-of-a-kind. If you are looking for something that keeps your hair styled all day long, this hair spray is just perfect. It is alcohol-free and imparts a shine to your hair while also preventing dryness. Your hair will feel super soft, smell great, and exude a salon-finished look in no time. It may be a tad bit expensive, but each spray is worth every penny! This hair spray is made for all hair types and won’t damage your hair.
- Natural ingredients
- Keeps your hair set for long hours
2. Herbal Essences Bio-Renew Flexible Airspray Alcohol-Free Hairspray
From Herbal Essences comes this alcohol-free hair spray that has every girl going gaga. A fantastic blend of natural ingredients such as aloe and bamboo, this spray creates a look that is healthy, natural, and glamorous. It works on all hair types and renews your hair texture within 21 days. This hair spray is gluten-free, with 0% parabens and colorants. It can also be used as a conditioner that has frizz-control properties.
- Frizz-control properties
- Contains herbal ingredients
- Does not last for more than 5 hours
3. Pantene Pro-V Airspray Alcohol-Free Hair Spray
Pantene is a brand that most women swear by. And rightly so. It is easy on your hair, lightweight, and adds a shine that you can’t resist! The alcohol-free formula has zero ethanol, which adds healthy elements to your hair. Pantene’s Pro-V alcohol-free spray adds tons of moisture to your hair, making it look lustrous for hours. Before you head out to a party, spray this over your hair to achieve that fun, bouncy look.
- Lightweight on your hair
- Zero ethanol
- This hair spray could cause hairful when overused.
4. Kenra Shaping Hair Spray
Kenra Shaping Spray is a professional hair spray that many hairstylists swear by. Its alcohol-free formula adds nourishment and shine to your hair without making it look dry and dull. Not only does it make your hair look alive, but it also keeps it in place for long hours. Kenra’s hairs pray works best when your hair is partially wet. It keeps your hair in place when styled for events or a party. You won’t have to worry about loose hair strands falling out of your bun as this hair spray would have taken good care of that.
- Does not make your hair look brittle or dry
- Keeps your hair set for long hours
- Can only work best when your hair is partially wet
5. AG Hair Volume Spray Body Soft Hold Volumizer
This alcohol-free hair spray is quite the charm. Its best feature is that it is so lightweight that it feels like there is absolutely no product in your hair. Since it is alcohol-free, you can use it often without having to worry about it damaging your hair. If you are stepping out for a party, gala, or any other occasion, you could use this hair spray and be on your way. No bad hair days when you have the AG Hair Volume Spray! Just be sure to use this when your hair is damp or partially wet.
- Dries instantly without making your hair looking damp
- Provides a soft hold
- Can be used only when your hair is damp
- Slightly expensive
6. Ion Alcohol-Free Finishing Hair Spray
This finishing hair spray from Ion is completely alcohol-free. It tames your hair while also providing a shine that makes your hair look well-nourished. It is lightweight and is infused with an enticing musky scent. Another exciting feature of this product is that it is 100% vegan and also paraben-free. Its frizz control treatment stays intact for eight hours without making your hair look dull or unruly.
- Lightweight and keeps your hair nourished
- Overuse of this product could cause hair fall
7. Aussie Air Spray Alcohol-Free Hairspray Maximum Hold
Aussie Air Spray Alcohol-Free Hairspray is something you could opt for on days when you need to hurry up and fix your bed head. It is a reliable last-minute option for neat-looking, tamed hair. It is alcohol-free and does not make your hair brittle, dry, or dead. We highly recommend this as a last-minute lifesaver on a bad hair day.
- Imparts an instant shine
- Overuse of this product could damage your hair
- Not enough nutrients for healthy looking hair
8. SEXYHAIR Alcohol-Free Healthy Sexy Hair Pure Addiction Hairspray
SEXYHAIR has launched a hair spray that will have you hooked. Want to know why? It provides a look to your hair that keeps it just the right amount of stiff and the rest naturally flows. This is all because of its alcohol-free component that leaves your hair looking nourished and super shiny. Another cool factor is that this hair spray even fights frizzy in humid weather conditions. You could try out this alcohol-free hair spray without having to worry about taming curly hair.
- Keeps your hair smooth even in humid conditions
- Does not last for long hours
9. BIOLAGE Styling Freeze Fix Humidity-Resistant Hairspray
BIOLAGE is a product that is a favorite among many women. Known for its natural and ingredients, this hair spray is alcohol-free. With little to no water used in its formulation, this hair spray keeps your hair set for long hours. It avoids making your hair look brittle and sturdy. BIOLAGE hair spray also works in humid conditions, and this makes it a great purchase for all your styling needs!
- Works in humid conditions
- Comprises of natural hair protective ingredients
- Slightly on the expensive side
- Can be used only when hair is partially wet or damp
10. Bounce Curl Alcohol Free Hair Spray
Bounce Curl Hairspray is alcohol-free, so you won’t have to stress about your hair getting dry and frizzy. This hair spray is also silicone, paraben, and sulfate-free. If you have your hair curled or crimped, you can use this spray for a natural shine. It also provides protection from heat damage.
- Does not damage your hair
- No chemicals or toxins used
- Does not last for more than 4-5 hours
11. COLOR WOW Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray
The COLOR WOW Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray instantly adds a natural shine to your hair. It protects your hair from damage caused by excessive heat. You can count on this alcohol-free hair spray to create an uber glamorous look on a night out with your special one!
- Heat damage control
- Lasts for only about 3-4 hours
12. Sun Bum Protecting Anti-Frizz Oil Mist
This hair spray is the one for you if your hair is frizzy beyond control. It protects your hair from intense heat while styling it. If you’re out in the sun for long hours, this hair spray protects your hair from turning oily. Sun Bum Protecting Anti-Frizz Oil Mist can be used on all hair types and is quite pocket-friendly.
- Protects your hair heat damage
- Lasts for only 3-4 hours
- Overuse could cause hair fall
13. KICK Active Sea Salt Spray Volume & Texture
If you’re someone who has really thick or wavy hair, KICK Sea Salt Spray is what you are looking for. With ingredients like sea salt that give your hair a full volume look, this spray tames the frizz and helps you create the perfect beach-wave look. How exciting does that sound? Grab one of these today!
- Provides volume
- All-natural ingredients
14. Enovvia Naturals Hair Spray All Natural Sugar-Hold Formula
Enovvia’s all-natural, alcohol-free hair spray is something you can rely on for a quick hair fix. While giving you a well-kept, shiny hair look, this hair spray also protects your hair from UV rays or heat damage. It is pocket-friendly and can be used even when your hair is dry. It is skin and hair-friendly and is suitable for all hair types.
- Protects your hair from heat damage
- Suitable for all hair types
- Overuse could cause hair fall
15. Free & Clear Firm Hold Styling and Finishing Hair Spray
This hair spray is free from chemicals and alcohol and is vegan. Style your hair and use this hair spray to set that dreamy Hollywood-esque updo. It has been dermatologically tested and is suitable for all hair types. Free & Clear Firm Hold Hairspray is also easy on the pocket.
- Lasts for about 3-4 hours
Alcohol-free hair sprays have become quite the rage in 2020. Many professional hair stylists and salons have switched to them as they help create timeless looks while imparting a natural shine to your hair. We’re sure that you will love the products we have put-together for you.
Which of these alcohol free hair sprays would you like to try? Let us know in the comments below!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Is alcohol-free hair spray good for your hair?
Yes, alcohol-free hair spray prevents your hair from getting dry, brittle, and rough.
Are alcohol-free hair sprays expensive?
There are many brands out there in the market that have launched alcohol-free hair sprays at a reasonable price. You can pick one out that suits your budget.
Latest posts by Nooraine Firdouse (see all)
- 13 Best Eyeliners For Sensitive Eyes - February 24, 2020
- 15 Best Alcohol-Free Hair Spray Of 2020 - February 14, 2020
- 15 Best Black Skinny Jeans You Need To Get Your Hands On - January 23, 2020
- 10 Best Unisex Fragrances to Shop This Season – 2020 - January 23, 2020
- 11 Matching Watches That You Can Flaunt With Your Better Half - December 31, 2019