A good blush will complete your makeup look.
There are days where I look in the mirror and feel that something is missing, and then I realize that I’ve forgotten to wear my blush. It really does make a lot of difference. It adds a healthy flush and dimension to your face.
Best Blushes For Different Skin Shades
With so many options of blushes out there in the market, you might be in a rut as to which one to purchase. Worry not, I’ve compiled a list, according to skin shades, so that there’s something for everyone! Go ahead, read on to find your perfect match!
Blushes For Fair Skin
1. Orgasm by Nars
I’ve heard heaps and bounds about this blush. Every single YouTuber and blogger that I follow are in love with this blush, and I’m beginning to see why. The color is incredibly gorgeous.
- Provides a sheer, natural looking finish.
- The usage of transparent pigments makes the product rather light.
- It is available in a wide selection of shades
- Its gold pigments can make the pores more visible.
NARS Orgasm Blush Review
A user said that she uses this nearly all the time; that’s how much she loves it! Most users get stopped to ask what blush they’re wearing several times.
2. Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced
The first thing that all of us notice when it comes to Too Faced is their incredible packaging. I feel like a little child on Christmas mornings when I see any product by Too Faced. The Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush is another such winner from this company!
- It’s a baked blush which means it contains micro shimmer to give you that perfect glow.
- The multiple colors give a dimensional look to your cheeks.
- Using too much of the product makes it look too sparkly
User’s Review on Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced
This product is extremely buildable, and it looks so natural, which is what the users love about it. This blush looks gorgeous during the winter seasons as it adds back some of the colors to your cheeks.
3. Sugarbomb by Benefit
Sugarbomb is such a perfect name for this product! Swirl this beautiful combination of rose, peach, pink and soft plum onto your blush brush and dust it onto the apples of your cheeks for radiance that is most natural looking.
- Cute packaging.
- Looks natural
- This is probably not the best option for you if you have yellow undertones.
Sugarbomb Benefit Blush Review
What the users love most about this product is how natural it looks. It gives the best soft glow ever. It’s super versatile as well. It can be worn in the day for an elegant look, and you can build it up a little at night for a dramatic look!
Blushes For Medium Skin
4. Tipsy by Tarte
Another incredible product from the Amazonian Clay range by Tarte! This nutrient rich blush will look great on any skin type with a flawless finish that lasts nearly 12 hours long.
- The product is buildable
- Natural matte finish that makes your face look healthy.
- Does not become streaky as the day progresses
- The 12-hour claim is an exaggeration. It lasts up to 6-7 hours.
Tarte Tipsy Blush Review
The matte finish is what is most loved about this blush. It gives the users the option of adding on a highlighter if they want to. Although it is a powder blush, it is not at all chalky or streaky. It’s very smooth and blends well!
5. Soulmate by Makeup Geek
Soulmate is a beautiful shade of mauve that would be absolutely wonderful on medium skin tones. The shade ‘Soulmate’ could end up being your soulmate!
- These blushes are highly pigmented.
- It is talc-free which is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Blends easily.
- The texture is too chalky.
Makeup Geek Soulmate Blush Review
Users say that it is their go-to color every day, since it’s so versatile and goes with any look. They also say that it is super pigmented and blends well.
6. Romantic Rose Powder Blush by Milani
This blush by Milani is super pigmented and lends a glow and a pop of color to your cheeks. Use a tiny bit of this radiant blush to achieve a natural finish.
- We can’t helpt but admire the cute packaging
- Stays longer even on oily skin.
- Blends easily.
- Tends to get too powdery.
Milani Romantic Rose Powder Blush Review
A lot of the users are quite impressed by the staying power of this product. They vow to purchase this again and again. They like how easily it blends and adore the rose packaging.
Blushes For Dark Skin
7. Cola Pop Cheek Pop by Clinique
As the name suggests, this blush by Clinique is a cola colored one, which goes on beautifully on the dark skin. It has a silky smooth finish that looks incredibly natural.
- Natural finish.
- The texture of the product is smooth and silky.
- Matte finish for those who don’t like shimmer.
Clinique Cola Pop Cheek Pop Blush Review
A lot of women that have deep skin absolutely adore this shade. It’s highly pigmented, so they used just a little of the product. It blends so well and lasts all day!
8. New Red DiorBlush by Dior
This blush contains micro pigments that blend in so well with the skin, to give you that whole “my skin but better” look.
- Comes in a wide range of shades that suit all skin tones.
- Blends seamlessly into the skin.
- Gives a natural glow.
- It’s on the pricier side.
New Red DiorBlush Review
Users are in love with the texture of this blush. Although it is heavy on the pocket, they don’t mind spending that extra money if it means that they have a quality product with such beautiful shades.
9. Pink Coral Shimmer Blush by Bobbi Brown
This is a beautiful shimmer blush in a bright pink shade that would look great on deep skin tones. It goes on smoothly to give you a pop of color.
- Easy to apply.
- Can be used as a highlighter as well since it has shimmer.
- Brings about a glow to the skin.
- If you’re not a fan of shimmer, then you should apply this very carefully.
Bobbi Brown is such a reliable brand and they’ve impressed the users yet again! They’re super pigmented, so a little product applied with a light hand goes a long way. Another user says that this blush is perfect for Indian weddings due to its shimmer content.
10. Posey Cremeblend Blush by MAC
This blush glides onto the skin and gives you such a natural finish. Posey is such a great color for those with deep skin tones!
- Lasts for 8 hours.
- Does not cause breakouts.
- It might be hard to apply if you’re not used to the creamy texture.
MAC Cremeblend Blush Posey Review
Users love that it’s pigmented and looks quite natural. It is long lasting and has a lovely cream texture. Some of them have claimed that although they have sensitive skin, it doesn’t cause any problems, at all!
Okay well, we’ve looked at some of the best blushes out there, and I’m sure you have a fair idea about which ones you would like to go for. Now, let’s take a look at a few blushes which are not worth buying. Here are some of the worst blushes in the market.
1. Custom Color by Stila
Stila claims that this product matches all skin tones and that’s an awful claim. It’s like saying one foundation shade would match everyone. I mean, look at the color! It’s so bright! I wouldn’t even think of picking it up.
2. Fit Me Blush by Maybelline
Another no-no in the world of blushes is the Maybelline Fit Me Blush. Unlike its fellow foundation product from the Fit Me range; which is doing extremely well if I say so myself, the blush has taken a thorough beating in the market. It is way too powdery and doesn’t go on natural at all.
3. Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color
It claims to give you glowing skin, but that depends on what your definition of “glowing” is because it makes you look like a clown! The gel texture is sticky and makes it difficult to blend, and it comes on too strong as well. Not a favorite as far as blushes are concerned.
Well, those were some of the best blushes, out of which you can make your next purchase and some blushes that it is recommended not to buy! I hope that helped. Now you don’t have to worry about looking like a clown! Do let us know if there are any other blushes that you’ve loved and why!
- Top 10 Lakme Blushes
- Top 10 Loreal Blushes Available In India
- How To Use Blush As An Eye Shadow?
- How To Apply Blush On A Round Face?
- How To Apply Blush And Bronzer Properly?