An antioxidant serum prevents the formation of free radicals. They also protect the skin from the sun and environmental damage. The best antioxidant serums minimize aging signs, prevent pigmentation, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines.
Free radicals steal healthy cells from the skin and create oxidative stress. Prolonged oxidative stress damages the skin DNA and promotes the aging process. Hence, experts recommend antioxidant serums to keep your skin rejuvenated, fresh, and gorgeous. Keep scrolling to learn more about the best antioxidant serums.
In This Article
Top 25 Antioxidant Serums for Every Skin Type In 2023
1. Best For Oily Skin: TruSkin Serum C, Vitamin C, E And Hyaluronic Acid Serum
This advanced antioxidant serum comes with the richness of hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin E oil to prevent signs of aging like fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles. Not only for fighting signs of aging, but this clinically-tested serum is also great for reducing breakouts, improving skin tone, and for reducing the appearance of pores. So if you are looking for a natural antioxidant serum that is formulated using botanicals, essential oils, and other rich skincare ingredients, this one is a great option. However, doing a patch test is recommended before regular use of this product.
- Composed of vitamin C which can improve collagen synthesis and boost softness
- It is free from fragrances, stabilizers, and color additives
- Fights aging by hydrating and nourishing the skin
- Prevents breakouts and fights signs of aging
- Great for oily skin
- Might irritate sensitive skin
- May dry out skin
2. Best Anti-Aging: InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum
Hyaluronic acid is the one ingredient you might want to look for when your skin feels hydrated and dull. The primary cause of dull and lifeless skin is dehydration, and with this hyaluronic acid serum, you can add a sparkling glow to your skin. The serum features an organic and anti-wrinkle formula that will rejuvenate your skin while also fighting signs of aging like black spots, saggy or loose skin, wrinkles, etc. This serum creates a protective layer to prevent sun damage.
- Premium grade black spot corrector
- Minimizes clogged pores and breakouts
- Vitamin C-rich serum that fights hyperpigmentation and photoaging
- Gets easily absorbed in the skin
- Boosts collagen production
- Is not tested on animals
- May cause breakouts on sensitive skin
- Has an unpleasant scent
3. Best For Skin Texture: Eva Naturals Skin Clearing Serum Vitamin C+
This cleansing serum locks moisture in the skin and improves skin texture. Filled with antioxidants and made using ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin C, essential oils, etc. This serum promotes healthy skin by reducing pores, breakouts, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. Plus, the salicylic acid skin gently improves elasticity. Thus, if you are looking for a serum that prevents your skin from premature aging, this one is the perfect pick!
- Blend of hydrating and nourishing ingredients
- Gently exfoliates and cleanses skin
- Also helps with sun damage and offers UV protection
- Comes in an easy-to-use bottle
- Reasonably-priced product
- Has a runny consistency
4. Best For Hyperpigmentation: Tree Of Life Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C is a rich antioxidant that can protect your skin from damage and also prevent premature skin aging. From fighting dark spots to improving skin color and texture, it does everything. Thus, if you want a one-shot solution for all your skin issues, this serum enriched with the goodness of vitamin C will work like magic on your skin. As a bonus, it is available at an affordable price compared to other luxury serums!
- Reduces the appearance of sun damage
- The unique formula regulates melanin production and removes hyperpigmentation and dull skin
- Prevents the formation of free radicals and offers a protective layer
- Cruelty-free and 100% vegan serum
- Rich and creamy texture
- Has an unpleasant scent
5. Best Artificial Fragrances-Free: TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum
With an energizing blend of active ingredients like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, retinol, botanicals, etc., this serum is here to offer protection against skin damage and also to promote healthy skin. Add years to your skin with this anti-aging and anti-wrinkle serum. The best part is that the serum is free from any artificial fragrances, silicone, or parabens.
- Blend of rich and multi-benefit ingredients
- Protects the skin from sun damage
- Absorbs quickly into the skin
- Promotes collagen production and improves blood flow
- Feeds nutrients to the skin
- Serum fades away quickly
- Runny consistency
6. Best For Mature Skin: PURA D’OR 20% Vitamin C Serum
This vitamin C-rich, professional-grade serum is perfect for mature skin as it offers tons of benefits. The serum is a must-have if you are struggling with dark spots and acne as it is composed of vitamin E, white jelly mushroom, and witch hazel. These potent ingredients are proven to combat acne and excessively oily skin. Also, if you have fine lines and wrinkles caused by stress and exposure to environmental pollutants, this anti-pollution serum will help soften your skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Features plant-based formula
- Rich antioxidants restore elasticity of skin
- Enriched with essential vitamins and minerals
- Chemical and paraben-free
- Improves uneven skin tone
- May not be adequately absorbed into the skin
- Not a pleasant scent
7. Best For Dry Skin: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum
L’Oreal is well known for some of the most promising skincare products in the industry, and here it is with yet another superb product! This antioxidant-rich, hyaluronic acid serum helps prevent premature skin aging. This gentle and refreshing serum blends the goodness of hyaluronic acid with an organic base to offer a lightweight and highly absorbent serum. Especially if your skin feels dry, this serum is by far the most hydrating and healthy option you could consider indulging in.
- Instantly moisturizes dry and dull skin
- Improves complexion and promotes blood flow
- Makes skin feel smoother and supple within a few uses
- Lightweight gel absorbs quickly into the skin
- Offers a glossy finish
- Suitable for all skin types
- Very thick and viscous serum
- Skin may remain sticky or greasy after rinsing
8. Best Non-Comedogenic: KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
If you are exposed to pollutants, impurities, and harmful sun rays on a daily basis, you will certainly benefit from this all-in-one vitamin C serum. It is a daily-use serum that consists of safe-to-use and non-irritating ingredients that help rejuvenate skin. This product features concentrated vitamin C and natural ingredients for hydrating and nourishing the skin. The best part of this serum is that it is non-comedogenic, so apply away and get your skin care regime right!
- Contains non-comedogenic ingredients
- Protects skin from excessive pigmentation
- Fades brown and dark spots
- Offers a healthy and sparkling glow
- Soothes irritated skin
- Does not get absorbed adequately
- Inconvenient packaging
9. Best For All Skin Types: Dr. Song Vitamin C Serum
This fast-absorbing serum by Dr. Song is designed for all skin types, and it contains some of the most effective ingredients used for fighting skin aging. From free radical damage to wrinkles, this serum addresses almost all your skin woes and leaves it smoother and supple. The serum is enriched with ingredients like vitamin E, witch hazel, aloe, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, etc. that help stimulate collagen production and eliminate dark spots and other signs of aging.
- Protects against oxidative stress
- Restores healthy glow and moisture balance
- Also reduces acne breakouts
- Very affordable
- Feels sticky on oily skin
10. Best Budget-Friendly: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Multivitamin Booster
Here’s a great way to fight and prevent premature aging! Neutrogena has launched this unique formula that hydrates skin and promotes collagen production for a healthy and vibrant glow. Niacinamide content in the serum helps you achieve an even tone. At the same time, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E restore the natural skin barrier for fighting sun damage and other skin issues. This dermatologist-tested product is undoubtedly a budget-friendly formula that’s designed to revitalize you and your skin.
- Skin feels energized and fresh after use
- Offers intense hydration to the skin
- Dermatologist-tested product
- It does not clog pores
- May cause breakouts on sensitive or acne-prone skin
The Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum is dermatologist-tested, rich in pure ingredients with 20% vitamin C and 10% AHAs that offers radiant and even skin tones. The 10% AHA comes from the mix of seven fruit extracts such as grapefruit, lime, apple, jujube, lemon and hawthorn. It effectively reduces the appearance of dull skin and fine lines over a period of time by removing dead skin cells. The formula also contains a blend of antioxidant-rich Japanese beautyberry and Japanese angelica roots to work on discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and post-acne scarring. It is easy to use on all skin types due to its non-comedogenic, non-sensitizing, and non-irritating formulation.
- Natural formula
Swap your regular facial serums with this natural ascorbic acid-rich serum and watch as your skin shines with glory! This serum is formulated with tons of antioxidants that will help cleanse your skin and provide the much-needed nourishment. Especially for those with dry skin, this is a hydro-boost serum that is composed of hyaluronic acid. The serum helps impart a healthy glow and restores your radiant complexion. It is fragrance and paraben-free and thus, safe to use.
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Composed of hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, ceramides, and vitamin C
- Restores the natural protective barrier of your skin
- Leaves your skin smooth, soft, and clear
- Not a retinol serum
- May cause itchiness on sensitive skin
This serum is designed to reduce the appearance of spots, wrinkles, and blemishes on your skin and to improve the complexion. The dermatologist-tested, antioxidant serum also works as a sunscreen with SPF 50 and is infused with vitamin oils for all the nourishment your skin needs. Loaded with powerful antioxidants like vitamin E and baicalin, this serum protects skin from free radical damage and penetrates deep within the layers of skin to offer visible results in a few uses.
- Dermatologist-tested antioxidant serum
- Improves wrinkles, fine lines, and spots
- Broad-spectrum UV-protection with SPF 50
- Allergy-tested and non-comedogenic
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Poor packaging that is inconvenient to use
This miracle serum brings together some of the most hydrating and antioxidant-rich ingredients like green tea, vitamin C, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid to work miracles on your skin! If you are struggling to reduce the appearance of fine lines and saggy skin, this organic and non-greasy serum works on cellular repair to minimize hyperpigmentation and signs of aging. Within a few uses, you’ll witness your skin getting supple, smooth, and radiant!
- Designed to fight signs of aging
- Improves uneven skin tone
- Fights dark circles, dark spots, blemishes, etc.
- Shrinks pores and prevents breakouts
- Great for all skin types
- Available at a great price
- Watery consistency
There’s nothing better than an antioxidant-rich serum that feels super light and provides intense hydration to the skin. If you are looking to address various skin issues, regular use of this botanical serum certainly yields the best results. This is an intense firming and hydrating serum that locks moisture in your skin and prevents it from getting dry or looking dull. As a bonus, the serum comes with a refreshing, mild scent that will have you leaving all your problems far, far away!
- Organic and plant-derived serum
- Loaded with antioxidants, botanical extracts, and amino acids
- Feels super light and soothing on the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Offers intense hydration to the skin
The REN Clean Skincare Glow & Protect Serum brightens your skin tone with rich antioxidant properties in 14 days. The formula fights against free radicals to protect the skin from any damage. The formula contains three types of vitamin C, glycogen, vitamin E, polyphenols, hyaluronic acid and a blend of kakadu plum, dragon fruit, and pomegranate. The kakadu plum evens out the skin tone and brightens the skin, antioxidant-rich pomegranate and dragon fruit strengthens the skin barrier and hydrates the skin. Get the best results by gently massaging the serum in circular movements, in upwards and outwards motion as a part of your skincare regimen.
- Natural formula
- 3 types of vitamin C
- Improves skin tone
- For all skin types
Jazz up your night-time skincare routine with this antioxidant rich serum. The serum offers overnight glow and consists of ferulic acid and resveratrol that removes dead skin cells and exfoliates the skin gently. If your skin is exposed to impurities, sun damage, and dust every day, this is the serum that’ll not only prevent signs of aging but will also cleanse your skin from deep within.
- Prevents hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin tone
- Lightweight and highly absorbent serum
- Visibly reduces wrinkles and lines
- Works well on all skin types
- Hydrates and deeply cleanses skin
- Expensive product
Here is a tightening and brightening serum that consists of 15% ascorbic acid to flush out all the impurities from the skin and prevent free radical damage. For an added layer of protection from sun rays and other pollutants, this is the serum you should pamper your skin with! When it is difficult to find a serum that doesn’t agitate your skin, choose this serum as it is suitable for use on sensitive skin too.
- Brightens skin tone
- It stays active on the skin for up to 72 hours
- Cleanses the skin without clogging pores
- Watery consistency
- Poor packaging
This inexpensive skincare serum is just the right product for you if you are struggling to make your skin look more youthful. This organic serum also works as a skin brightening gel that features a rich, creamy formula and effectively reduces fine lines. The serum consists of vitamins, hyaluronic acid, and organic aloe to rejuvenate skin naturally and eliminates age spots. This multi-benefit cream will eventually eliminate brown spots, deep wrinkles, eye bags, dark circles, and saggy skin.
- Natural pore minimizer and skin brightener
- Enhances collagen production
- Prevents environmental stressors from damaging skin
- Offers a natural and radiant glow
- Runs out very quickly
Get rid of dull skin with the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum in your skin care routine. The antioxidant-rich formula treats discoloration and dark spots while making the skin firmer and plumper for a refreshed look. The serum contains a powerful form of vitamin C known as THD Ascorbate, that also offers anti-aging benefits. Boost the appearance of any skin type by applying this harmful chemical-free antioxidant serum twice daily.
- Plumps the skin
Like a hydrating lotion, this super antioxidant-rich serum is easily absorbed in your skin and prevents the environmental pollutants from damaging your skin. This serum features a rich blend of antioxidants that work in tandem to improve the natural barrier of your skin. This silky-smooth serum has a luxurious texture and hydrates the skin.
- Works gently on the skin without irritating it
- Visibly reduces signs of aging
- It is great for sensitive and eczema-prone skin
- Moisturizes skin and offers SPF
To get flawless and super smooth skin, you’ll have to work on it. And if you want to start quickly, get this luxurious antioxidant serum that has a soothing effect on the skin and maintains the natural moisture balance. If you are looking to defend your skin against sun damage or pollution, this serum is worth a shot! It promotes collagen production and improves skin elasticity within a few uses.
- Nourishes skin
- Prevents free radical damage
- Restores the natural moisture balance
- Has a refreshing scent
- It may clog pores
Level up your skincare routine with the antioxidant properties of the Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum. It smoothes and brightens your dull skin, except acne-prone skin. It is a lightweight vitamin C-rich serum that retexturizes the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The combination of sodium hyaluronate and collagen offers moisturized and luminous skin for a long duration. Be mindful of applying a broad spectrum UVA/UVB blocking formula as Vitamin C makes the skin highly sensitive to sun rays.
- Improves skin tone
- Reduces wrinkles
Not for acne-prone skin
Pamper your skin with this hydrating facial serum. The serum is formulated using green tea formula that is enriched with antioxidants. The serum is specifically designed to work on sensitive and combination skin types. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits that prevent breakouts and clogged pores. It quickly targets common signs of aging such as sunspots, lines, blemishes, etc.
- Features retinol and hyaluronic acid
- Helps your skin retain moisture
- Reduces irritation, redness, baggy eyes
- Accelerates cell growth and boosts collagen production
- Does not get absorbed quickly in the skin
The secret to great skin is this antioxidant rich serum that protects the skin from free radical damage and hydrates the skin! It makes our skin look supple and flawless within a few uses. It efficiently shields the skin from damage and simultaneously reduces the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. The super-light texture of this serum soothes skin and has you coming for more!
- Smoothes wrinkles to reveal a radiant complexion
- Fights harmful oxidative stress
- Does not clog pores or promote breakouts
- Not a completely organic serum
Now we will endeavor at understanding these serums a little better.
Why You Should Be Using A Daily Antioxidant Serum
If you are confused about the type of serum that suits your skin and works for you, here are some points to consider:
- The first thing to analyze while choosing a serum for your skin is to know your skin type and select the ingredients accordingly. If you have oily skin, pick serums that prevent breakouts and greasiness. If you have dry skin, pick a serum that moisturizes your skin.
- The second thing to look for is the list of ingredients. Check the ingredients that are suitable for your skin type and would not irritate your skin. For dry skin, choose hyaluronic acid, while for oily skin, look for serums with salicylic or glycolic acid.
- If you have combination skin, look for soothing ingredients like cucumber, aloe, green tea, etc. to hydrate the skin and prevent irritation.
How To Find The Best Antioxidant Serum For Your Skin Type
A serum will only provide you the required benefits if you choose a serum that suits your skin type. Here’s how you can find the serum for your skin type:
- Vitamin C – this is one of the essential antioxidants that boost collagen production and also prevents hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
- Vitamin E – this anti-inflammatory ingredient soothes dry skin and also improves complexion.
- Hyaluronic acid – this ingredient offers deep conditioning and moisturization to the skin. It can be used if your skin feels extremely dry.
- Vitamin A – retinol or vitamin A is known for smoothing wrinkles and fine lines and thus can fight signs of aging.
- Green tea – it has anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants that hydrate skin and can cleanse it from deep within.
For sensitive skin, it is crucial to avoid serums with chemicals, acids, added fragrances, and chemical-based serums.
How To Add An Antioxidant Serum To Your Skincare Routine
To include antioxidant serums in your skincare routine, it is recommended that you use the serum right after cleansing it. Antioxidants are known to enhance the skin barrier. Thus, you can apply the serum after cleansing in the morning, so when you step out in the sun, the layer of antioxidant-rich serum protects your skin.
It is also recommended to use a moisturizer right after applying the serum to hydrate and nourish the skin.
You can also use any of these 25 best serums in the middle of the day; make sure that you rinse your skin before applying it. If you want a budget-friendly, all-round option, opt for the TruSkin Serum C, Vitamin C, E And Hyaluronic Acid Serum to brighten the skin and fight the signs of aging. The L’Oreal Paris Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Serum gives a youthful plump to your dry skin, while the KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is ideal for sensitive skin and targets pigmentation without any irritation. Even if you want to use it twice a day, you can apply the serum before going to bed and leave it overnight so it can work on your skin throughout the night. Go through our curated list and pick your favorite serum to gift your skin a luminous glow!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Medha Deb is a skin and hair care expert with over 100 articles to show her skin care expertise. She knows that the right facial serums can keep your skin looking youthful and healthy. She picked these best antioxidant serums after researching many products and reviews on different platforms. She chose her list on the basis of ingredient composition, antioxidants and anti-aging benefits, and skin-friendliness.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age should I start using an antioxidant serum?
It is recommended to start using the antioxidant serums at the age of 18. This is the period when girls might face breakouts and clogged pores. Also, at this age, the skin gets easily exposed to environmental pollutants and sun, and thus, to prevent the skin from getting damaged, it is better to start using the antioxidant serum early. It will also prevent your skin from getting dull or saggy prematurely.
When should you use an antioxidant serum?
If your skin is regularly exposed to sun, pollutants, dust, and such skin-damaging elements, it is the right time to start using antioxidant serums. These serums prevent your skin from getting dried out and provide a natural glow.
What are the best antioxidants your skin needs?
Some of the best antioxidants for skin are vitamins A,C,and E niacinamide, flavonoids, resveratrol, polyphenols, glutathione, etc.
Are antioxidant serums good for sensitive skin?
Yes, antioxidant serums are excellent for sensitive skin. They strengthen the skin barrier and protect it against various environmental aggressors.
How long does it take an antioxidant serum to work?
If you start using an antioxidant serum daily, you can achieve brighter skin in less than a month.
Do antioxidant serums prevent aging?
Yes, antioxidant serums can prevent aging. They improve collagen production in the skin which in turn helps to improve skin elasticity. This ultimately delays aging and you have a youthful appearance for a long time.
Can antioxidant serum reverse skin damage?
Yes, antioxidants serums usually have a blend of potent ingredients that helps to reverse and prevent damage because of aging, inflammation, and sun rays.