Apple cider vinegar in shampoo has become an essential part of skin and hair care. Now, this fantastic ingredient has long since been used to rinse hair and scalp, and these days, there are some apple cider vinegar shampoos available in the market. Apple cider vinegar shampoos are enriched with minerals, acids, and live cultures and thus offer a variety of benefits for hair.
From itchy scalp to extreme frizz, apple cider vinegar shampoos have been used to prevent a lot of hair issues. If you are excited to try an apple cider vinegar shampoo, here are the 16 best apple cider vinegar shampoos before buying.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Apple cider vinegar shampoo is a hair cleansing product that consists of apple cider vinegar as the base ingredient. Apple cider vinegar is a fermented apple juice that consists of live cultures and minerals. Due to this fermentation process and mineral content, it balances the pH level of your scalp. When you use apple cider vinegar on your scalp, the sebum levels are balanced, which reduces oiliness and frizz effortlessly.
This shampoo is also used for deep cleansing and eliminating bacteria or fungus on the scalp, which may result in dandruff and other hair issues like breakage and itchy scalp.
What Are The Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Here are a few of the benefits of using apple cider vinegar shampoo:
- As apple cider vinegar balances the pH level of the scalp.
- It can drastically reduce frizz, prevent hair loss, split ends, rough hair, and add shine and bounce to hair.
- Apart from this, it flushes dirt and debris from your scalp, reduces oil-build up and bacteria growth.
- It promotes blood flow in the scalp and helps curb hair loss.
- It maintains sebum levels thereby promoting the growth of healthy and beautiful hair.
Now that we have seen the benefits of apple cider vinegar, let us take a look at the top 15 apple cider vinegar shampoos in the market.
16 Best Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoos
If you are looking for an apple cider vinegar shampoo that comes with the added care of jojoba oil and keratin, this clarifying hair growth shampoo is worth giving a try. This shampoo is formulated using ACV, minerals, vitamins, and patchouli for nourishment and hair protection. This is a volumizing and thickening shampoo for women suffering from hair loss and hair thinning issues.
- Can be used on color-treated hair
- Consists of raw organic ACV for shine and smooth texture
- Cruelty-free and thickening shampoo for voluminous hair
- Overuse can turn hair greasy and oily
Are you looking for a cruelty-free and organic ACV shampoo? Give this one a shot. Especially if you are struggling to get rid of extreme frizz, split ends, and dandruff, this shampoo with raw ACV can tame hair, add more shine and volume to it. This shampoo is hypoallergenic, so it also works if you have sensitive skin. Apart from this, it is sulfate and paraben-free so you don’t have to think twice before buying it!
- Organic and raw ACV for smooth and glossy hair
- Effectively cleanses oil and dirt build-up
- Nourishes hair and rejuvenates the scalp
- Slows down hair fall and stimulates hair growth
- Works on color-damaged hair too
- Leaves your hair looking greasy, if not cleaned properly
[ Read – WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo Review ]
Cruelty-free products are satisfying to use, and when you have a soothing ACV shampoo that conditions and nourishes your hair, it’s an added advantage. This shampoo is loaded with hair rejuvenating ingredients like ACV and oats that will keep your scalp hydrated and will reduce frizz and dull hair. This shampoo is free from sulfates, parabens, or dyes and is safe to use for all hair types.
- Soothing and rejuvenating
- Adds shine and bounce to dull hair
- Paraben and sulfate-free product
- Has a strong smell
Your itchy and dry scalp will get the nourishment it requires after using this silicone-free ACV shampoo regularly. This shampoo is infused with apple cider vinegar and offers a refreshing scent of fresh pear and apple. Especially if you have a lot of build-up on your scalp, this product cleanses it. This also works well if you often use dry shampoos and other products for styling your hair.
- Has a pleasant fragrance
- Soothes and cleanses the scalp
- Great for regular use
- Adds shine
- Does not work for dehydrated scalp
Morpheme Remedies Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo removes product buildup from your hair gently but effectively. It helps repair damaged hair follicles without stripping essential moisture. The nourishing formula soothes the scalp and leaves your hair feeling soft, smooth, and shiny. It is enriched with the goodness of vitamin E, jojoba oil, almond oil, and castor oil that restore hair with strength and bounce.
- Helps balance pH in the hair and scalp
- Repairs damaged hair follicles
- Works as a natural hair detangler
- Does not contain any harsh preservatives
- Strong fragrance
What else do you need when you get a nourishing ACV shampoo with added benefits of other organic ingredients like jojoba oil, argan oil, keratin, and rosemary oil? This shampoo for intense damage repair works effectively on dry and sensitive scalp and removes oil build-up. It helps to prevent hair thinning and promotes hair growth.
- Consists of natural ingredients for moisturizing scalp
- Prevents oil build-up and cleansed the scalp
- Encourages hair growth
- Smoothens and conditions hair
- Doesn’t control frizz for oily scalp
If you are struggling with oily and itchy scalp, this organic ACV shampoo bar will help you get rid of such hair issues in just a couple of uses. This hair tonic helps with itchy scalp, dandruff, frizz, and various scalp issues. This bar helps retain moisture and is free from sulfates, parabens, plastic, and silicone.
- Prevents split ends
- Great for color-treated hair
- Eliminates dandruff
- Stimulates blood flow and promotes hair growth
- Might leave a waxy and thick residue in the scalp
This clarifying and hydrating shampoo promotes hair growth and gently nourishes your scalp. It helps eliminate dryness of scalp, split ends, and hair breakage. This shampoo stimulates the hair follicles and boosts the growth of thicker and healthier hair. It is infused with a refreshing peppermint scent and is free from harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, and silicone.
- Gently cleanses color-treated hair
- pH 5.5 for reducing frizz and brittle hair
- Consists of anti-inflammatory ingredients that soothe the scalp
- Works well on sensitive and dry scalp
- Not suitable for those allergic to peppermint or menthol
If thinning hair is making you anxious, try this raw ACV shampoo, which is loaded with organic ingredients. It can help balance the pH of your scalp and boost the volume of your hair. Especially if you have curly hair, this shampoo will stimulate your scalp and make your strands look fuller and voluminous.
- Volumizing shampoo for fine hair
- Organic shampoo with no chemicals and parabens
- Works well on color-treated and damaged hair
- Composed of castor oil, jojoba oil, rosemary, and argan oil
- Doesn’t work on extremely thin hair
Keep dry and frizzy hair at bay by using this organic ACV shampoo. With this shampoo, your hair will get all the care and nourishment it requires. This shampoo removes product, oil, or dirt build-up and nourishes the scalp from inside out. It is also free from silicones and sulfates, so you don’t have to worry about using it on sensitive skin.
- Moisturizes and smoothens hair strands
- Prevents itchy and dry scalp
- Cleanses the scalp without stripping it off of its natural oils
- Not recommended for everyday use
If you want brighter, thicker, and smoother looking hair, this shampoo is worth trying! With the alluring scent of fresh apple and the benefits of ACV, this shampoo is sulfate-free and is gentle on the scalp. The natural ingredients eliminate scalp build-up and provide nourishment. It imparts a natural shine as well.
- Lasting fresh apple scent
- Derived from apple extracts, pear extracts, lime essential oil, and natural ingredients
- Doesn’t consist of harsh chemicals sulfates or silicone
- Maintain pH balance of the scalp
- Might feel sloppy and thick
This everyday ACV shampoo is a much-needed solution for your greasy and frizzy hair. If you have an oily scalp and your hair looks exceptionally dull and sticky. This luxurious shampoo will add shine and natural bounce to your hair while also cleansing any build-up. Infused with the goodness of black castor oil, it seals the hair cuticle and offers a frizz-free look.
- Composed of ACV and black castor oil for nourishing the scalp
- Improves hair growth and locks moisture
- Protects hair roots and improves hair texture with regular use
- Packaging is not convenient to use
The combination of apple cider vinegar and biotin is perfect for dandruff and hair thinning issues. This shampoo is loaded with the benefits of natural aloe vera, argan oil, and palmetto extracts that help condition dry and dull hair.
- Balances the pH and strengthens hair roots
- Improves blood flow and stimulates hair growth
- This organic shampoo fights against bacteria
- May feel slimy on extremely fine hair
This shampoo comes in an alluring bottle and is an anti-dandruff and anti-hair fall shampoo loaded with the benefits of apple cider vinegar. This product is organic and is silicone and paraben-free. This shampoo can be used by men and women to eliminate dandruff, hair thinning, and brittle hair. For best results, use it once or twice a week.
- Fights brittleness and dandruff
- Controls frizz effectively
- Free from chemicals and sulfates
- Promotes hair growth
- Feel sticky on the scalp
If you can’t get enough of the dry shampoos in the market, here is an organic and multi-purpose ACV shampoo that prevents frizz and gives you smooth and healthy-looking hair. This shampoo has antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties that prevent chalky white residue on your scalp and leaves you with voluminous locks.
- Makes your hair easy-to-style
- Great for color-treated hair
- Free from sulfates and harmful chemicals
- Eliminates bacteria and oily build-up
- Packaging is not great
If you frequently complain about dandruff and frizz, this anti-dandruff and frizz control shampoo loaded with the benefits of ACV and fenugreek will restore your scalp and hair to its natural pH levels. It works gently on the scalp and promotes cuticle health. The shampoo is enriched with Ayurvedic ingredients that can easily tackle dandruff and protect the scalp from pollution, dirt, sun damage, and other scalp issues. The best thing is that it also works on sensitive scalp and extremely damaged hair.
- Balances pH of the scalp and promotes cuticle health
- Fights split ends and rough hair
- Made using organic ingredients and vegan-friendly
- Promotes strong and healthy-looking hair
- Fragrance is not appealing
We will now discuss what makes apple cider vinegar shampoo safe for use on your hair and scalp.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo Safe for Hair?
Yes. Apple cider vinegar shampoos are quite safe and healthy to use if you use the right quantity. These are the best Apple cider vinegar shampoos that can help you get thicker, smoother, and stronger hair. Especially if you are suffering from frizzy and dry hair, choose the shampoo with ingredients that work for your hair and transform your hair with the all-natural ingredients!
These are the best apple cider vinegar shampoos that can help you get thicker, smoother and stronger hair, especially if you are suffering from frizzy and dry hair. Choose the shampoo with ingredients that work for your hair and transform your hair with the all-natural ingredients! Do you have any queries regarding this post? Do let us know in the comments below.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Can you use apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo?
Apple cider vinegar is widely used for hair rinsing, which is usually followed by shampooing. It is recommended that you use an apple cider vinegar shampoo. Also, if you are using a chemical shampoo with the ACV rinse, it may not work effectively.
Can vinegar damage your hair?
Apple cider vinegar is an ingredient that balances the pH of your scalp, and if you overuse it, it may irritate your skin. Apple cider vinegar consists of acetic acid, and thus, it is highly recommended to dilute the product in water and use it in less quantity.
How often should I use apple cider vinegar shampoo?
Wet your hair with cold or lukewarm water. Mix 2-3 spoons of apple cider vinegar shampoo with water and apply it on your scalp. Massage the shampoo gently with your fingertips for a minute and let the shampoo stay in your hair for 3-4 minutes. Rinse the shampoo with cold water and make sure there’s no residue. You can do this once or twice a week.
Can I use the conditioner after apple cider vinegar rinse?
Apple cider vinegar conditions and enriches hair naturally, so after an apple cider vinegar rinse, you don’t have to use a conditioner on your hair. However, some women prefer to shampoo and condition first and then use apple cider vinegar for rinsing their hair.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- The 7 Best OGX Shampoos Available In India This Year - October 13, 2020
- 13 Best Matte Bronzers Of 2020 For That Goddess Glow - October 13, 2020
- 10 Best Herbal Shampoos For Hair Growth You Can Get In India - October 12, 2020
- 11 Best Henna For Hair You Can Get In India In 2020 - October 12, 2020
- 13 Best Drugstore Makeup Remover Wipes Reviews Of 2020 - October 12, 2020