The quirky protagonist of the hit series Fleabag said, “Hair is everything!” And we could not agree more! A woman’s hair is a symbol of power. It is the crown that we adorn every day, and switching things up once in a while always makes things exciting. Curls have been a hit ever since the Victorian eras, but doing them in those times was a cumbersome task. Automatic curling irons, however, have saved us the trouble and made styling hair, a walk in the park.
Whether a night out with the girls, prom or a first date, curls are always a good idea. That’s why we have listed the 10 best automatic curlers in the market, so you don’t have to fuss over boring hair ever again.
Read on to find the perfect curler for you.
What Is An Automatic Curler
Gone are the days when women would section their hair in curling rolls and go to bed, to achieve ringlets in the morning. The beauty industry has evolved, and thanks to technology, we now have curling machines or automatic hair curlers. Although many designs are available, the most common one is the barrel curler. The wand heats up when connected to power and curls the strand of hair wound around it. This, in turn, leaves you with those soft waves, that everyone has been raving after.
What Is The Difference Between A Curling Iron And A Curling Machine
- While using a curling iron, you have to twist your hair around the heated wand manually.
- Hold it in place until the curl is ready.
- The tricky thing about these curlers is that the high temperature can damage or even burn your hair.
- Insert a strand of hair into the curling chamber.
- After a few seconds, it automatically releases your newly curled section of hair.
- This can be time-consuming as it curls a small strand at a time.
Now that we know the difference between the two, let us take a look at the 10 best curlers in the market.
10 Best Automatic Hair Curlers
1. INFINITI PRO By Conair Curl Secret
Curling your hair with Infiniti Pro by Conair Secret is a piece of cake. Your hair goes in the machine and voila! It comes out curled. Its Tourmaline Ceramic Technology reduces frizz and adds gloss. Its brushless motor creates for you, instant curls without tangling your hair. With a maximum heat of 400°F, this super machine allows you to have long-lasting curls or the classic beach waves. Regardless of whether you have naturally straight, curly, or wavy hair, this curler can be used on all hair types.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Creates curls without tangling your hair
- Maximum heat of 400°F
- Difficult to use on long hair
2. Kiss Ceramic Instawave 1” Automatic Curling Iron
The Kiss Ceramic Instawave’s patented Curl Dial combs out your hair and detangles it as it curls. How awesome is that! Its ceramic ionic technology imparts a healthy, salon-like shine to your hair after every use. It comes with a Curl Direction Control that rotates left and right to achieve both inner and outer-facing curls. The distance between the handle and iron ensures that you don’t accidentally burn your hand.
- Its smart design allows you to maintain a safe distance from the curling wand
- Maximum heat of 420°F
- Curl Direction Control available
- Not suitable for thin and silky hair
3. CHI Spin N Curl Curling Iron
The CHI Spin N Curl Curling Iron leaves you with beautiful waves and curls with just the click of a button. This curler has a digital temperature display and a 1-inch ceramic rotating barrel that allows you to curl your hair inwards or outwards. This machine works on a timer, so you don’t have to worry about overheating or burning your hair. It does so by drawing the hair into its curl chamber for a few seconds until the curl is ready. All this with no heat damage to your hair!
- Tangle protection
- Curl direction buttons and timed beep alerts
- Digital temperature display
- You can only use small sections of hair at once
4. Kiss Instawave 101 Rotating Curling Iron
All girl bosses have a hectic life, and looking good while on the run is a challenge we all want to master. The Kiss Instawave 101 Rotating Curling Iron helps you glam up on a tough schedule. This curler heats upto 400°F in less than 60 seconds and saves you time on busy mornings. Its Ceramic Ionic Technology ensures that your hair is not stripped of its natural oils. This Ionic technology also prevents hair cuticle damage and frizziness. It comes with a display setting that turns blue when ready for use. The rotating curling iron is suitable for all hair lengths and textures. The patented curl dial protects your fingers from exposure to the heated barrel, reducing the chance of burns.
- Can heat upto 400°F in under 60 seconds
- Easy to use and perfect for beginners
- Patented curl dial that protects from burns
- No heat control settings
5. SexyBeauty Professional Portable Ceramic Curling Iron
The SexyBeauty Professional Curling Iron’s state-of-the-art ceramic body makes it a durable and long-lasting option. Its ceramic glaze rod and anti-scalding spiral casing ensures heating in just 15 seconds. The tip of the curling iron comes with a 360-degree, anti-winding tail that prevents the cord from tangling. This product is available in 6 vibrant colors. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and recreate that chic Hollywood red-carpet look you always wanted!
- Can heat up in 15 seconds
- Available in 6 colours
- 360° degree anti winding tail
- Constant temperature of 200°C
- Preheat for a minute
6. Inkint Ceramic Curling Iron Professional Hair Curler
It takes a village to create the dreamy curls look that Kylie Jenner wore this Christmas. This is now possible, using the Inkint Ceramic Curling Iron. Its ceramic wand enables even heating and prevents overheating. Its helical double-layer heat insulation makes sure that your skin does not come in contact with the iron. This product is suitable for personal and professional use as it comes with a 2-meter long and 360-degree swivel cable.
- Even heat distribution
- Prevents overheating
- Double layer heat insulation that prevents scalding
- Too small for long hair
7. Conair Unbound Cordless Auto Curler
The Conair Unbound Cordless Auto Curler is perfect for amateur home stylists, as it is incredibly easy to use. Since it is an automatic curler, all you have to do is insert your hair strand and wait for it to create the perfect ringlet! This curler can work upto an hour on a full charge. Its anti-tangle protection technology makes sure your hair doesn’t get knotted. The curler can heat upto 400°F and comes with 3 heat settings and 4 preset-timer settings. Its compact size makes it perfect for frequent travelers.
- 3 heat settings and 4 timer settings
- Compact size
- Comes with a USB cord
- Short battery life
8. IVI Automatic Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Curling Iron
Most girls with long hair struggle with finding a curling iron that works for their lengthy locks. The IVI Automatic Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Curling Iron is the answer to your prayers! With a 1-inch curling rod, you will have ample space to coil your long locks around the wand. This curling iron comes with a comb and bag to store the curler. Just 10 inches in size, this device does not take up much space in your suitcase.
- Designed especially for long hair
- Comes with a comb and storage pouch
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Not suitable for short hair
9. DigHealth Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Straightener & Curler
The DigHeath Tourmaline Ionic Straightener & Curler is both a curler and straightener. Yes, you read it right! Its unique twisted plate allows you to quickly straighten or curl with minimal effort.The heating iron reaches required heat levels in under 30 seconds, saving you time and power. Once you are done styling your hair, you can secure the wand in a silicone gel sleeve and stow it away in the pouch. It also comes with hair clips, a safety glove, and a comb.
- Built-in 60-second turn off timer
- Curler and straightener
- Comes with accessories such as hair clips, a safety glove, a comb, and a pouch
- Curls are not long-lasting
- Slightly complicated to use
10. LPINYE Curling Iron Hair Straightener
On some days you might like to flaunt poker straight hair, while on others you’d prefer romantic curls. LPINYE Curling Iron Hair Straightener’s uniquely designed helical heating panel allows you to change your hairstyle according to your mood. Its rotary temperature controller can be set anywhere between 210°F to 450°F. Its front end comes with a groove for your fingers that can prevent scalding. It also comes with a one button lock to secure your device in place before putting it away. Lightweight and slender in shape, this curler is perfect for taking along with you on a trip.
- Straightener cum curler
- May tug at your hair while curling it
Why Should I Consider Buying A Curling Machine?
Curling machines are a great option if you are looking to up your style game.
- They are easy to use, as they are fully automatic.
- They are a much quicker option when compared to using curling creams and curling rollers.
- They decrease the chances of hair damage and hair getting burnt.
- Many curling machines come with a direction control.
Will An Automatic Curler Work On My Hair Type?
Automatic curlers suit most hair types. If you have thick hair, then it is a good idea to brush it to remove any knots before using the machine. Women with thick or frizzy hair are also advised to partition their hair in sections before putting them into the hair chamber. If your hair is bone straight, then find a curl machine with fast heat-up so that you get a curl that will last longer. As each automatic curler is different from the other, it is crucial to read the features of the curler to make sure that it will work on your hair.
Buying Guide – Tips For Choosing The Best Automatic Hair Curler
Buying a hair curler might seem like a daunting task if you do not know a lot about styling devices. We have listed below the major points or criteria to keep in mind, to help you make a smart choice.
1. Multiple Heat Settings
As different hair textures require different temperature levels, picking a hair curler with multiple heat settings is always a good idea. If you have thick or bushy hair, then using a high-temperature curler will prove beneficial. If you have thin, straight hair, then a lower temperature curler will work just fine for you. A good curler should ideally be able to heat up to 400°F.
Warning: Subjecting hair to very high temperatures might cause heat damage.
2. Automatic Hair Curler
Using an automatic hair curler can prevent excessive heat damage. Automatic hair curlers work by sucking in a section of hair into a chamber. When turned on, it automatically curls your hair. This is a much easier option as opposed to using a curling iron.
3. Barrel size for different sized curls
The barrel size of your curling iron affects the size and shape of the curl. The basic rule to follow is that the larger the barrel, the more waves you can create, the smaller the barrel, the tighter the curl. If you are going for a soft or loose curl, then using a 2-inch barrel would work best. If you want to add more defined curls, then make sure to pick a 1 to a 1.5-inch wand.
We have already discussed how curling machines work. All curling machines come with an automatic rotating technology, that makes it convenient to use. Additionally, some machines come with a curl direction button which lets you style your curl inwards or outwards.
The weight of your curler is a point that is often overlooked. The lighter your curling device, the more convenient it is. If you are a frequent traveler, then a lightweight option is the way to go.
The ideal power of a good curling iron would be 200V to 240V. Also, keep in mind to pick a curling machine that comes with a lasting warranty on its motor.
From Marilyn Monroe’s iconic curls to Sarah Jessica Parker’s ringlets, curls are a sure favorite around the world. With the curlers mentioned above, curling your hair is no more a dream but a reality. Switch up your look, experiment with your hair, and have fun because curling your hair just got so much easier! We would love to hear your thoughts on curling and styling hair, so be sure to leave your comments, tips, and tricks below.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 17 Best Hydrating Lipsticks For Summer - March 30, 2020
- 14 Best Tattoo Numbing Creams of 2020 - March 27, 2020
- 13 Best Sunscreens To Protect Your Tattoo This Summer - March 27, 2020
- 15 Best Deep Conditioners For Natural Hair - March 27, 2020
- Top 10 Freeman Masks Of 2020 - March 26, 2020