Choosing a shampoo from the supermarket is maddening, isn’t it?! There are so many products and varieties to choose from. Where do you begin? And how do you narrow it down to something that suits you?
If you are like me who prefers ayurvedic shampoos, even then it doesn’t get any easier. The market has many ayurvedic products and choosing an authentic ayurvedic shampoo becomes an issue. But you need not fret about it because we got it covered for you.
We made a careful study and picked the 10 best ayurvedic shampoos that cater to your hair problems.You will find the list below. Have a look.”
So, what you are you waiting for? Dig in and make your shampoo shopping a breeze next time.
Top 10 Ayurvedic Shampoos
- Khadi Natural Neem & Aloe vera Herbal Shampoo
- Kama Ayurveda Rose And Jasmine Hair Cleanser
- Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser Bhringraj And Shikakai
- Biotique Bio Green Apple Shampoo
- Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo-Softness And Shine
- Shahnaz Husain Dry Shampoo Hibiscus
- Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Soyashine Soya Protein and Brahmi Shampoo
- Patanjali Coconut Hair Wash
- Ayur Herbals Amla Shikakai With Reetha Shampoo
- Isha Life Rose And Sandal Herbal Shampoo
1. Khadi Natural Neem & Aloevera Herbal Shampoo
Khadi Natural Neem and Aloevera Herbal Shampoo is a product made under the supervision of expert Ayurvedic doctors with ingredients picked from organically grown plant sources.
The active ingredients—neem and aloe vera—work on your dandruff and relieve a flaky scalp. The shampoo removes dead cells and cleanses your scalp thoroughly. It even repairs damaged hair.
Works for all hair types
Does not lessen hair fall
2. Kama Ayurveda Rose And Jasmine Hair Cleanser
Kama Ayurveda rose, and jasmine hair cleanser is a safe and gentle hair treatment rooted in the ancient science of Ayurveda. The product is natural and free of harmful additives.
The product is a mild hair cleanser that strengthens weak and damaged hair with soy protein that locks moisture in the hair and increases the strength and elasticity of the hair. The cleanser reduces hair loss and promotes hair growth.
SLES and Paraben Free
Need to follow up with a conditioner
3. Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser Bhringraj And Shikakai
Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser bhringraj and shikakai bring together the best of ancient wisdom and modern technology. It is a hair therapy that controls hair thinning and breakage. The cleanser also eradicates dandruff and promotes new hair growth.
Through extensive research, the product brings back the ancient rituals of hair care prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients and rare herbal infusions.
Maintains Ph balance
Soothing and light fragrance
Does not lather much
3-4 times of wash required for oiled hair
4. Biotique Bio Green Apple Shampoo
Biotique Bio Green Apple shampoo is a daily shampoo that cleans and conditions your oily hair and scalp. The shampoo works towards eliminating the problem while nourishing your hair.
The shampoo is made with green apple extract and contains natural minerals and proteins. You can use the shampoo every day. It cleanses your hair thoroughly and keeps it refreshed and shining.
Eco-friendly and recyclable packaging
The conditioner is not good enough
Can be drying
5. Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo-Softness And Shine
Himalaya Herbals Softness And Shine Protein Shampoo is rich in natural protein that makes your hair soft and shiny. The product is a combination of the best of Ayurveda and advanced pharmacy.
The shampoo works in two ways—cleanses and conditions your hair. It keeps your hair healthy, radiant and lustrous. It contains beansprout which in particular is a rich source of protein fulfilling the daily protein needs of your hair.
Not good for dry hair
Need to follow up with another conditioner
6. Shahnaz Husain Dry Shampoo Hibiscus
Shahnaz Husain Dry Shampoo Hibiscus is a product of genuine herbal and Ayurvedic infusions from the house of the herbal goddess, Shahnaz Husain.
The product is a dry shampoo and does not require the use of water. A few sprays over your hair followed by combing off the residue is enough to clean your hair and get you ready to go outdoors.
Quick and hassle free
Comes in a handy bottle
Not ideal for daily use
7. Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Soyashine Soya Protein and Brahmi Shampoo
Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Soyashine Soya Protein and Brahmi Shampoo combines ancient Vedic wisdom and 21st-century technology to make your hair strong and full. The product is cream-like and rich in soy extracts.
It detangles your hair and makes it soft and luscious. The shampoo brings life back to thin and lifeless hair adding bounce and shine to it.
Does not test on animals
8. Patanjali Coconut Hair Wash
Patanjali Coconut Hair Wash is made with coconut oil that works great on dry and rough hair. It makes your hair soft, silky and shiny.
The product works two ways—shampoo and conditioner—although it doesn’t claim to. It is travel-friendly and keeps your hair soft after a wash even if you don’t precede it with an oil massage.
Not effective for hair fall
A lot of product is needed to wash oiled hair.
9. Ayur Herbals Amla Shikakai With Reetha Shampoo
Ayur Herbals Amla Shikakai With Reetha Shampoo is your go-to shampoo for healthy and lustrous hair. It lathers your hair thoroughly and cleans it entirely.
The best part is that it does not strip your hair of natural oils and retains your hair’s natural beauty and look. Also, it fights dandruff, hair fall, and graying of hair.
Has a liquidy consistency
10. Isha Life Rose And Sandal Herbal Shampoo
Isha Life Rose and Sandal Herbal Shampoo is an aromatic and soothing shampoo that will calm down your senses and intoxicate you.
It contains rose extracts and sandalwood that relieves stress and cures your hair of diseases and dullness. Regular use of the product keeps your hair in the best of health.
Not easily available
*Subject to Availability
Now, let’s answer some common queries about ayurvedic shampoos.
Are Ayurvedic shampoos completely natural?
No, all of them are not. Some ayurvedic shampoos do contain certain chemicals but not harm-causing ones like parabens, SLS and SLES.
How often can I use ayurvedic shampoos?
It depends on the product you are using. If it is a mild shampoo, then you can use it daily or 2-3 times week will do.
So, that’s it, friend. That’s all you need to pick the right ayurvedic shampoo and use it to feel the goodness of age-old hair rituals and sway your hair in all its regal beauty. We chose the best for you because you deserve no less. Here’s to happy and healthy shampooing. Do tell us which one you picked and liked the most.
- Best Ayurvedic Hair Oils – Our Top 10
- Best Anti Hair Fall Shampoos In India – Our Top 10
- 17 Ayurvedic Cures For Dandruff
- Vedix – India’s 1st Customized Hair Growth Solution
- The Only Customized Hair Growth Solution In India – Vedix
- Hair Growth 3 Unique Products With Vedix – Ayurvedic Regimen
- Doctor Approved Ayurvedic Regimen For Thick Hair Growth – Vedix
Latest posts by Ramya Achanta (see all)
- Top 10 Scalp Massage Brushes – 2018 - June 11, 2018
- How To Do A Face Clean Up At Home – In 6 Simple Steps - April 6, 2018
- How To Grow Thick Hair – 10 Easy Tips - April 5, 2018
- How To Balance The pH Level Of Your Hair For A Healthy Look? - February 28, 2018
- What Is The Difference Between Dandruff And Dry Scalp? - February 28, 2018