Do you ever look at someone and be like, “Woah, what is the secret of your beautiful hair?” and they tell you how their mom used this special hair oil on them when they were infants? You can be that baby momma today!
The growth and texture of your child’s hair completely depends on the type of nutrient-rich oil you use to massage them. Many factors like food intake, blood circulation, sweat secretion, congenital traits, etc., directly influence a child’s hair quality. The diversity of Indian climatic conditions also affects hair development. After a lot of research, we have compiled a list of 9 best baby hair oils in India for you to select from.
Top 9 Best Baby Hair Oils In India
Of course, you will keep your baby wrapped in a warm blanket during winter! But with this 100% pure almond oil, your baby’s scalp will stay warm naturally. Gently massaging this oil on their scalp will stimulate blood circulation, providing warmth in cold conditions. Once the scalp has become warm, the entire body will feel nice and toasty. The oil contains Vitamin E, which nourishes their hair, keeping it thick and healthy. Moreover, regular almond oil massage on the scalp strengthens the hair roots from infancy.
- Contains vitamin E
- Good for immunity, heart health, and memory
- Oil is obtained from ripe kernels of almond
- Might not be suitable to use in hot weather
Formulated with almond, jojoba, coconut, lavender, and avocado oils, this is probably the best baby hair oil in India. It has all the great qualities of five vitamin-rich oils for children. Now you don’t have to worry about missing out on something for your kid. Simply massage your baby’s scalp with this all-in-one oil and continue this routine till the age of 10. This creamy oil will help treat your baby’s cradle cap and remove dandruff. Upon usage, you will find that your baby’s hair is becoming strong and moisturized.
- 100% natural
- Vitamins A, B-5, B-Complex, and E
- Contains antioxidants, biotin, zinc, copper, selenium, chromium, and iodine
- The fragrance might be a little strong.
Does your child get annoyed with sticky hair oil? It is perfectly natural for your baby to feel irritated because oil feels strange to an infant. Well, worry no more. Johnson’s Baby Hair Oil is designed to be non-greasy and feels light on the head. Not only will your child get nourishment, but also stay protected from the harmful environmental conditions that damage hair. It is made of avocado oil and pro-vitamin B5, which makes it the best hair oil for baby hair growth. Your child will definitely love a good head massage with this oil.
- Non-sticky oil
- Clinically proven to be mild
- Contains avocado oil and pro-vitamin B5
- Might contain artificial fragrance and mineral oil
What’s better than having a good oil for baby hair? Having baby hair oil that unclogs hair follicles, helping new roots to grow. This Mom & World Baby Hair Oil is organic and made from cold pressed oils. It is a perfect fusion of avocado, castor oil, vitamin E oil, sweet almond oil, golden jojoba oil, organic virgin coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. It not only helps get rid of scalp dryness but also promotes a healthy hair glow.
- No mineral oils
- No paraben, sulfate, or silicon
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, B, D, and E
- Slightly expensive
- Some babies might not like the fragrance of castor oil.
Massage time is not only relaxing for the baby but this special time makes the baby feel closer to the parent. With a good oil, that feeling and memory can work 10 times better in developing a baby’s physical and mental health. Use Mothercare All We Know Baby Oil on your child’s scalp to help nourish the hair and stimulate blood circulation. The flow of the blood through hair follicles will increase hair growth and thickness. The overall massage will put your little one in a jolly mood, completely changing the vibe of people around.
- Enriched with chamomile and olive oil
- The bottle opening may cause spillage.
Moms only want to choose the best baby hair oil for their little ones! That’s where The Moms Co. Natural Baby Hair Oil comes into the picture. It is formulated using 10 amazing oils, including argan, avocado, and marula oils, which help nourish your baby’s hair from the roots. This oil moisturizes the scalp and strengthens the hair. It is suitable for babies with a sensitive skin as it is mild, allergy-certified, and free from harmful chemicals. And you don’t have to worry about the ingredients as it is only prepared using natural and essential oils.
- No PEGs
- Certified organic
- No mineral oils
- Certified toxin-free
- Not tested on animals
- Might not be suitable for use in cold weather conditions
Know how some babies have a cradle cap? The right kind of oil can help soften the flakes, so you can use a comb to remove it. Chicco is one of the best hair oils for newborn babies because it not only helps to loosen the cradle cap but also aids scalp nourishment. You will notice your child’s skin becomes velvety soft and smooth. This non-sticky oil gets quickly absorbed into the skin, without unclogging the pores. A good, gentle massage with Chicco oil can boost your baby’s blood circulation and improve hair quality.
- Rich in vitamin E
- Contains rice bran oil
- No parabens or preservatives
- Some babies may find the fragrance a little strong
If you are wondering which oil is good for your baby’s hair growth, you are on the right product. Himalaya Baby Hair Oil helps repair damaged hair and stimulates hair growth. It is prepared using a blend of vitamin-rich oils that are specially put together for healthy and moisturized hair in infants. It contains nourishing ingredients like coconut, sesame, almond, olive, bhringaraja, methi, and amla oil. Regularly massaging with this oil helps prevent hair loss and scalp dryness in babies.
- No mineral oil
- No paraben or phthalate
- No synthetic color or alcohol
- May not be suitable for extremely sensitive skin
Formulated with natural flowers, plants, extracts of tree barks, and leaves, this hair massage oil is perfect for infants. It works great during hot weather conditions as the oil cools down your baby’s scalp region, helping them feel relaxed. Many moms find that this is one of the best baby hair oils in India because of its nutrient-rich properties and soothing effect. Simply rub the oil between your palms, give your baby a gentle massage on the head, and rinse it off in about 30 minutes.
- 100% natural
- Helps improve eyesight
- Certified organic cold-pressed
- Infused with Indian gooseberry, Jivanti, and bhringraj oil
- Slightly expensive
Choosing the right kind of oil is important for your infant’s regular massage. The Indian climatic condition keeps changing. So, you can get multiple oils, each bringing the best on the table in their own time. Ultimately, the best baby hair oil in India is the one that suits your kid, time after time. You might have to understand more about the benefits and the usage of these oils. Here are a few things that you need to know about oiling a baby’s hair.
Why Is Oiling Your Baby’s Hair Important
While you are oiling your infant’s hair, you are spending intimate time with them, bonding emotionally, and building trust. Massaging your child’s head regularly has several benefits in the long run.
- The blood circulation will increase in the hair follicles, aiding in hair growth.
- The nutrients of the oils get absorbed in the scalp and nourish the skin.
- It will help get rid of the cradle cap, and reduce hair loss and scalp dryness.
- Massaging hair will aid in building hair thickness, softness, and luster.
- Babies feel relaxed, happy, and less cranky right before they fall asleep.
- Other benefits are improved weight gain, good digestion, easing teeth pain, etc.
How To Oil Your Baby’s Hair
Oiling your baby’s hair and massaging are two different things. But in this busy life, parents try to combine them together to get better results. Before oiling your baby’s hair, pick the best baby hair oil for your infant. After carefully screening different oils and considering essential factors, try a small patch of the winner oil on your baby’s skin. Apply it for 15 mins and if there is no reaction, the oil is good to go.
- Choose a spot in your house where it’s safe for your baby to roll but not fall. It is important to place a soft cloth beneath the baby, but the base should be flat. Once your baby is comfortable, the head massage can begin.
- Make sure you do not have a pet or a cell phone in the room to distract you. This is a special time with your baby that should be enjoyed fully. The baby is intimately bonding with you at this moment.
- Pour a few drops of the oil in your palms. Rub the oil gently between your palms. This creates friction and warms the oil up.
- If your baby is younger than six weeks, be very careful with the pressure. By that, do not apply any. Touch the skull like your fingers are feathers. Slowly apply it on your baby’s scalp.
- Rub in small, circular movements as you go around your infant’s head. If you notice spots that are palpating, do not massage there. The soft areas of your baby’s head are still developing. Let the oil slide over it.
- Keep massaging for about 2-5 mins. If you are giving a full body massage, it can go up to 15 mins. If your baby is uncomfortable with head massages, do not try to force it. You can try again after a couple of weeks.
- Do not try to purposely loosen the cradle cap during the massage. Let it happen naturally. Focus on the movements for blood circulation. The rest will happen in time.
How To Choose The Best Baby Hair Oil
Choosing the best baby hair oil for newborn can be tricky. You need to have a complete understanding of your child’s skin type and allergies. Moms try their best to pick the hair oil that is wholly natural to avoid any mishaps. But the factors of screening also depend on the Indian climatic conditions and daily lifestyle.
- If you take your baby out often, you need something that helps with protection from dust and pollution too.
- For winters, you can choose Dabur Badam Tail, which will help keep your baby warm and aid in hair growth.
- For summers, Forest Essentials Dasapushpadi Oil is a great choice as it will keep the baby’s head cool and help ease irritation. There are several such options for different situations. You can always have multiple choices available for such purposes.
- Whichever oil you choose, make sure to test the oil on a small patch of your baby’s skin for 10-15 mins. If you do not see any reaction, only then use it.
You are the parent and your child is in the best hands. While selecting a baby hair oil, go with your natural instincts first, then calculate every step by understanding internal and external factors as explained in the buying guide. Get the hair oil that you believe has ingredients that have worked for you. Consult your doctor before getting one. You sure will pick the best baby hair oil, just relax, and make your purchase.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What are the ingredients to check in baby hair oils?
Check for natural oil combinations in the hair oil designed for babies. There should be no harmful chemicals or parabens. Most companies make sure that the oil is kept as essential and pure as possible. It should be clinically tested and certified organic. You can opt for a hypoallergenic oil if your child has allergies. Read all the information on the bottle thoroughly, including the expiry date before purchase.
Can I regularly oil my baby’s hair?
Yes, you can regularly oil your baby’s hair. While some prefer to massage their baby’s hair before or after a bath other parents do it twice a day.
Is oiling good for baby’s hair growth?
Yes, oiling is essential for baby’s hair growth. It aids in blood circulation, which helps the hair get stronger and the skin healthier.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 10 Best Pink Hair Sprays You Will Absolutely Love! - November 23, 2020
- 7 Best ghd Flat Irons – Reviews Of 2020 - November 23, 2020
- 11 Best Hair Powder Sprays To Use If You Want Bouncy Hair - November 19, 2020
- 8 Best Hair Dryer Bags In 2020 - November 19, 2020
- 7 Best BB Creams For Hair That You Should Absolutely Try In 2020 - November 18, 2020