Many skin care products contain certain harsh chemicals that might trigger allergic reactions on your skin. But, that does not necessarily mean that you stop using those products. The best barrier cream acts as a protective barrier between any allergens or contaminants and your skin. They are made of specific topical solutions that prevent issues like inflammation, redness, and more.
Various barrier creams are available on the market, and you can use them differently. Some are anti-solvent gels, protective skin creams, and pre-work creams, while others work as shielding lotions and protective ointments. While many options are available online, we have compiled a list of the best barrier creams in this article. Keep scrolling!
9 Best Barrier Creams To Buy In 2022
The Epionce Medical Barrier Cream is a therapeutic cream that heals damaged and vulnerable skin. It helps heal scaly skin and treats all the symptoms related to it. The cream hydrates damaged skin and acts as a protective barrier on the skin that creates a suitable environment for healing. It does not contain sanitizers and preservatives, unlike most other standard moisturizers.
- Hydrates skin
- Restores the protective skin barrier
- Removes the signs of scaly skin
- Best for skin that is resistant/allergic to sanitizers and preservatives
The Baza Protect Barrier Cream helps heal the damaged skin by providing hydration and protection barrier to the skin. It can be used to repair the cuts and redness on the skin that occur due to long bed rest. This cream may also treat the damaged skin of patients undergoing chemotherapy. It acts as a layer between the skin and the environment, thus protecting the damaged skin from further infections.
- Absorbed fast into the skin
- Prevents itching and burning of the skin
- Recommended by doctors for healing major wounds and cuts on the skin
- Cures skin redness
The Cavilon 3M Durable Barrier Cream is a fragrance-free therapeutic cream used to treat damaged skin. It gets absorbed in the skin in no time and protects the damaged skin from the external environment and body fluids. It promotes skin healing by giving it a proper environment. The cream does not get washed off easily. Hence, frequent reapplication is not required. Doctors recommend this cream for the dressing of wounds and cuts.
- No scrubbing required
- Easy to apply
- Hydrates the skin and provides a protective barrier
- Helps to heal cuts and wounds
- Does not require frequent reapplication
The L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Cicacream is enriched with Centella asiatica (also known as tiger grass). It is a formulation made with reference from Chinese skin care medicines. It helps strengthen the skin barrier, protecting the skin from external and internal environments. The Cicacream is an anti-aging barrier cream specially designed for facial skin care. It is a day and night cream that is applied after cleaning the face and before applying a moisturizer or SPF.
- Strengthens the skin barrier
- Fights the signs of skin aging
- Dermatologist tested and approved
- Gentle on dry and sensitive skin types
The Medline Soothe and Cool Inzo Barrier Cream is easy to use and easy to wash. It prevents dryness and itchiness. The cream protects the damaged cuticles and helps to heal them by protecting the skin from the external and internal environments. It prevents urine, fecal matter, and moisture from coming in contact with the skin.
- Moisturizes the skin
- Has a soothing effect
- No fragrance
- Contains vitamins A, D, and E that nourish the skin
- Ideal for peri-wound skin to protect it from maceration damage
- Invisible moisture barrier
- Does not list all ingredients.
The Etude House Barrier Intensive Cream provides gentle skin care to rough, damaged, and dry skin. It helps soothe skin irritation. The panthenol in the cream calms the skin down, and the madecasone the cream contains heals skin wounds.
- Lightweight cream
- Provides a protective barrier to the skin
- Provides a suitable environment to damaged skin
The Dr’s Cosmetic Bio+N Barrier Cream functions as a whole-day moisturizer, barrier, and anti-aging cream. It strengthens your skin barrier with moisture. It indirectly reduces wrinkles and dryness. It also protects the skin from external skin-damaging agents. The product is designed by dermatologists and is safe to use for all skin types.
- Anti-aging, moisturizing cream
- Provides 24-hour hydration to the skin
- Contains the ingredients identical to the skin and skin moisture, i.e., it includes 85% of bio-mineral water in its formulation, and the rest 15% is purified water
- Contains ceramide
- Free of alcohol, parabens, synthetic fragrances, talc, and BHT
The CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion is a sunscreen moisturizer with an SPF of 30. Apply it 10-15 minutes before exposure to sunlight and roam freely in the sun with no fear of tanning or skin damage. You need to reapply it every 2 hours. It gives daily UV protection to the skin by acting as a protective barrier. It is formulated by using the MultiVesicular Technology that ensures the moisturizing contents are absorbed slowly in the skin, resulting in long-lasting hydration.
- Protects the skin against UV radiation
- Contains microfine zinc oxide that renders broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection
- Includes three essential ceramides for nourishing the skin
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as adequate protection against UV light
- Needs continuous reapplication every 2 hours.
Theraplex’s Healing Emollient penetrates deep into the fissures and cracks of the skin. It gives your skin a durable micro-protection barrier. This barrier helps provide moisture where it is needed the most and does not leave a greasy feel. The lotion is amazing as a daily moisturizer. It is also used for skin care in chronic conditions like psoriasis, eczema, etc. Dermatologists have been using and recommending this product to their patients for over 20 years.
- Suitable for dry skin
- Irritation-free for eczema or other skin conditions
- Long-lasting moisturization
From oily and acne-prone to dull and stressed skin, there are thousands of skin concerns to address when perfecting the right skincare routine. You do not always have to worry about the many chemicals in your cosmetic kit; the right barrier cream you choose can take care of everything. These creams are made of specific topical solutions that prevent redness, inflammation, and more. Always opt for non-comedogenic, skin-friendly formulas that are quickly absorbed into the skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Sakshi Bahal is a skin care enthusiast who finds joy in trying out various new products. She has a great deal of knowledge of what ingredients work best for your skin. She has done a fair amount of research and carefully reviewed many customer testimonials to choose the best barrier creams for her readers. These not only act as a protective barrier between any allergens or contaminants and your skin but are also made of specific topical solutions that prevent issues like inflammation, redness, and more.
- Best CC Creams For People With Oily Skin
- Best Eczema Creams To Heal Itchy Skin
- What Is The Skin Barrier? How To Repair Using Best Hydrators