I decided to take a break from my usual black mascara to give the hot 90’s blue mascara trend a shot. It’s fun, bold, and vibrant, and it has definitely made a comeback (even on international runways) – so I thought, why not? Blue flatters all eye colors, and I guarantee that everyone will notice your fabulous lashes. I tried various shades of the blue mascara, and these are my favorites. If you want to try something that’s beyond the usual, you will love these!
Top 12 Blue Mascaras That You Should Try
- Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara In Beyond Blue
- Tom Ford Lash Tips Mascara In Pure Cobalt
- Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara In Blue Underground
- NYX Color Mascara In Blue
- Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara X In Boomin’ in Blue
- Covergirl Katy Kat Eye Mascara In Perry Blue
- Beautify Beauties Easy On The Eyes Sensitive Eye Mascara In Navy
- Butter London Inky Six Electralash Colour Amplifying Mascara In Vibrant Blue Shimmer
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash In 5 Blue
- MAC False Lashes In Blue Charge
- Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara In 70 Blue Night
- L’Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara In Cobalt Blue
1. Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara In Beyond Blue
- Intense color payoff
- Provides length and volume to the lashes
- Does not flake
- Holds and defines the curl
- Difficult to remove
Benefit They’re Real! Mascara Review
This is a gorgeous dark shade of blue. I love the wand and packaging of this Benefit mascara – the wand is made of rubber and has got spiky bristles that separate and coat each lash with the product. Its formula is neither too wet nor too dry, and two coats gave my lashes a nice, intense color. What impressed me most is its incredible staying power – never did it smear or flake – and if you’re going to be caught up in the rain, you don’t need to worry about this running down your face!
This dark shade is great for those of you all with lighter eyes and can be worn even on a boring weekday to brighten up your look (it’s quite a subtle shade).
2. Tom Ford Lash Tips Mascara In Pure Cobalt
- Intensely pigmented color
- Applies smoothly
- Does not flake
- Adds depth and definition to your eyes
Tom Ford Lash Tips Mascara In Pure Cobalt Review
I love me some Tom Ford, and this is a such a stunning, vibrant cobalt blue – it’s the right amount of perfect for adding depth to your makeup and brightening the eyes. When I first opened this to see the wand, I was quite shocked because it’s rather short, but when I tried it on, it worked well (especially when I only wanted to add color to my lash tips). This was easy to use and applied without clumping. I’d also like to add that this lasts for very long and I needed to use my oil-based cleanser to remove it because water didn’t do the trick.
This is a great shade of blue for all those with lighter eyes as this cobalt shade will define and brighten your eye makeup. It’s ideal to wear in broad daylight as the color tends to show more.
3. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara In Blue Underground
- Lengthens your lashes
- Applies smoothly and evenly
- Easy to use
- Does not smudge or smear
- Does not get clumpy
- Perfumed formula
Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara Review
Just like its shade name suggests (Blue Underground), this is a deeper shade of blue that is too darn pretty! Its wand is bliss – the shorter bristles coat and separate my lashes with much ease. I wore it on the hottest days, and it did not budge, smear or flake. It also holds my curl all day long.
If you’re looking for a subtle blue – this is it. It would stand out more on fair skin tones as opposed to darker skin tones as it’s not a very poppy blue. However, I do feel that this shade will look pretty on both light and dark eyes.
4. NYX Color Mascara In Blue
- Very pigmented
- Applies evenly and smoothly
- Coats and separates lashes well
- Does not smudge
- Not extremely volumizing or lengthening
NYX Color Mascara In Blue Review
A must-try blue drugstore mascara? This is it! It’s a bright, electric blue that will add just the right amount of drama and color to your lashes. I like its formula – it’s so easy to use, and it coats my dark black lashes with enough color to last the day. It did not flake or clump, and neither did it weigh down my lashes – which is a problem I face with a lot of mascaras. I was highly impressed with its dark color pigment that just refused to come off – only an oil-based makeup remover did the trick!
This color will look fabulous on dark and light eyes. Also, it’s a quite universal shade that will flatter all skin tones (especially medium to dark skin)!
5. Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara X In Boomin’ In Blue
- Adds loaded volume and length to your lashes
- Super pigmented color
- Suitable for contact-lens wearers
- Dries out quickly
Maybelline New York Volum’ Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara X In Boomin’ In Blue Review
This one’s another of my most adored drugstore mascaras, and I’ll tell you why! It’s extremely pigmented, it stays on all day long, and the wand is perhaps my favorite. It separates my lashes and coats each individual lash beautifully. Shayla Mitchell collaborated with Maybelline, and this mascara was born. The color is a cool blue tint that really brings out my eye color and makes my whole eye makeup look so bold.
If you have blonde eyelashes, this will be an ideal choice for a more poppy, out-there effect. However, you can enhance its effect by applying a white primer before throwing in this mascara.
6. Covergirl Katy Kat Eye Mascara In Perry Blue
- Instantly volumizes and lengthens your lashes
- Buildable color
- Does not weigh down your lashes
- Hard to take off
Covergirl Katy Kat Eye Mascara In Perry Blue Review
This mascara created by Katy Perry and Covergirl is again such a blessing in the drugstore arena. Its blue helps make the whites of your eyes appear brighter – so on the days you wake up to tired-looking eyes, you can throw in some of this poppy blue shade mascara to get you through the day. I need to specially mention how this did not disappoint me on a hot summer day – it just did not budge.
This shade of blue tends to pop out more on fairer skin tones and grey or green eyes.
7. Beautify Beauties Easy On The Eyes Sensitive Eye Mascara In Navy
- Hypoallergenic formula which is great for sensitive eyes
- Volumizes and lengthens lashes
- Contains antioxidants and vitamins A & E
- Washes off easily
Beautify Beauties Easy On The Eyes Sensitive Eye Mascara In Navy Review
This is a navy blue shade of mascara that I am so fond of! Its formula is very pigmented, and the color is buildable – so you can do a subtle or a more dramatic look, as per your preference. This mascara’s a holy grail product for those with really sensitive eyes as it’s made of very gentle ingredients, is non-irritating, and is also fragrance-free. Its flexible wand helped me define my lashes with much ease and flexibility. Also, if you wear contact lenses, this is great as it won’t smudge or budge.
The navy blue color will look gorgeous on every eye color and will especially flatter fairer skin tones.
8. Butter London Inky Six ElectraLash Colour Amplifying Mascara In Vibrant Blue Shimmer
- Highly pigmented
- Conditions your lashes with beeswax and carnauba wax
- It does not smudge or flake
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Does not provide enough volume
Butter London Inky Six ElectraLash Colour Amplifying Mascara In Vibrant Blue Review
I was thrilled when I found this royal blue shade of mascara. Its color is fun and vibrant, and it’s also buildable. It’s easy to use, and I like the fact that it contains ingredients like beeswax to nourish and condition my lashes. Either you tip your lashes for just a tiny pop or coat over the entire lashes to enhance your black mascara. For a bold, dramatic look, apply directly to bare lashes.
This is a beautiful shade for every skin tone and eye color. It will look exceptionally stunning on a night out with a tint of some gold eyeshadow!
9. Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash In 5 Blue
- Adds volume, length, and rich color
- Easy to use wand
- Does not flake
Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash In 5 Blue Review
This one’s a miracle mascara that everyone needs to try! The wand is amazing, and it lets you get close to the lash line and build as much volume as you want, without getting clumpy. This one’s a midnight blue shade that is not very poppy or bright – so if you are on the hunt for something rather subtle, this will do a great job.
This shade will look exceptional on all skin tones and is a sure-fire way of bringing out the color in your eyes.
10. MAC False Lashes In Blue Charge
- Holds a curl well
- Bright and pigmented
- Ultra-thickening formula
- Applies evenly and smoothly
MAC False Lashes In Blue Charge Review
This shade of blue is definitely worth trying if you’re curious about colored mascara. It’s a bright blue that stands out and adds so much drama to your makeup. It provides a lot of volume and length, which left me quite impressed. It shows up even on dark lashes like mine, but if you want to make the color more noticeable, you can wear a white mascara primer.
This color will look great on all eye colors and skin tones. It makes for a great day look as well as a fancy evening look.
11. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara In 70 Blue Night
- Defines and separates lashes
- Lashes don’t look stiff or spidery
- Applies evenly and smoothly
- Rich color and pigment
Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara In 70 Blue Night Review
Blue Night by Chanel comes in a classy, sleek packaging that stole my heart. It has a really convenient wand that applies the product well, coating each lash while separating them. This is an intense dark blue that looks really pretty. However, I wasn’t quite impressed by its ability to provide length and volume – it did a mediocre job on this front. I do like the way it feels on my lashes – light and supple.
This color will pop out more on lighter eyelashes, but if you want to intensify its effect, you can use a white primer underneath. This is a good option for any occasion!
12. L’Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara In Cobalt Blue
- Volumizing and lengthening
- Separates and builds every lash
- Does not clump
- Easy to use wand
- Dries out quickly
L’Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara In Cobalt Blue Review
This is a royal blue, and I’ve received compliments every time I wore this. I like its formula that resists clumping and keeps my lashes soft. Also, it does add a lot of volume and length to my lashes. Another factor that impressed me is its ingredient list – it contains Panthenol and Ceramide-R to condition and nourish lashes.
This shade will look great even on darker eyes and skin tones. It makes a great shade for summer for the right amount of oomph!
*Subject to Availability
How To Wear Blue Mascara? – Quick Tips
Now that you have a dozen options to choose from, let me give you a few tips on wearing it the right way (to add charm and volume to your gorgeous lashes). If you aren’t sure the trend is for you, read on!
- If you’re going to go in with blue mascara, keep the rest of your makeup neutral, especially your lips, to balance the look. A “barely-there” makeup look is an ideal companion to be paired with colored mascara.
- You can add a dust of pale nude or peach eyeshadow to make the blue pop even more.
- For a more intense look, makeup artists suggest applying mascara primer before you go in with your colored mascara to prep and then adding two coats of your blue mascara.
- If you want to keep it subtle, then wear the blue mascara and then layer it with your usual black. Swipe on your traditional black formula and add a coat or two of the color for just a hint.
Blue mascara is a fun tool to add to your makeup kit, and even if you don’t wear it on the regular, you’ll like having it there to give your eye makeup just the right amount of boost when you’re in the mood for it. It’s now time for you to try some of these products. Do you have a favorite blue mascara that you can’t stop obsessing over? Share with me in the comments section below.
- Top 10 MAC Mascaras That You Should Try In 2019
- 10 Amazing Drugstore Waterproof Mascaras Trending In 2019
- Top 7 Eyelash Growth Serums And Mascaras In India
- How To Remove Waterproof Mascara? – Step By Step Tutorial
Latest posts by Esha Saxena (see all)
- 9 Of The Best Green Concealers To Cancel Out Redness - October 10, 2019
- The 9 Differences Between Loving Someone And Being In Love - October 9, 2019
- 9 Of The Best Rainbow Highlighters Out There - September 30, 2019
- 10 Of The Best Morphe Brushes Of All Time - September 30, 2019
- What Is the Difference Between Primer, Foundation, And Concealer? - September 30, 2019