Highlight, shimmer, glow, illuminate – these phrases often remind us of supermodels or A-listers firing up the red carpet with their shimmery, smooth, glowy body. But such a radiant appearance is not limited to the elite alone. With a body shimmer, you can achieve the same amount of shimmer and beauty.
A body shimmer is a beauty cosmetic product that comes in the powder form, a liquid spray, or as a shimmer oil. It adds glow and vibrancy to your skin. An ideal body shimmer also moisturizes your skin, along with giving you a shimmery finish.
In this article, we have listed the eleven best body shimmers available online. These add warmth, luminosity, and a gorgeous glow to your skin.
Table Of Contents
11 Best Body Shimmers
If you want a subtle shimmer with a moisturizing effect, the Glimmer Goddess Organic Bronze Body Shimmer is the right pick. It is formulated with organic shea butter, almond oil, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. They seal the moisture and offer optimum nourishment with a radiant glow. This lightweight body butter is enriched with vitamins A, D, and E that protect skin from oxidative damage. Vitamin F (a group of essential fatty acids) in the product helps protect the skin’s natural oil barrier. It also keeps the skin hydrated, plumper, and younger-looking. It contains flecks of gold particles that offer a shimmery glow. The product offers a medium coverage shimmery effect.
- Offers medium coverage
- Creamy texture
- Moisturizing and hydrating
- Provides an all-day wear
- Absorbs quickly
- Perfect for use after shower
- Protects the skin from oxidative damage
- No harsh chemicals
- Natural hydrating ingredients
- Free from artificial fragrances
- May stain clothes
- May leave streaks
The Gold Glitter Up Secret Body Cream is a lightweight eye-catching shimmer. It is infused with macadamia oil and aloe vera extract that rejuvenate and soften skin. Macadamia nut oil contains palmitoleic and omega-7 fatty acids that retain skin moisture. The antioxidants in the oil protect the skin from oxidative damage and environmental aggressors. The aloe vera juice extract nurtures the skin from deep within and seals in the moisture. The body shimmer contains a perfect amount of light-reflecting micro-sparkles that give you an instant sheen and a supple finish.
- Refreshing, fruity fragrance
- Natural coloring effect
- Not suitable for pigmented skin
- Leaves a white cast on the skin
- Does not contain enough shimmer
The Jergens Brilliance Skin Illuminating Body Moisturizer hydrates and delivers a subtle shimmer the skin. It is a luxe formula infused with skin-enriching and hydrating ingredients, and light-reflecting minerals for a luminous gleam. It is an ultra-silky and a lightweight body shimmer that easily blends with the skin. It is dermatologically-tested, clean, and its fresh aroma makes it ideal for special occasions.
- Ultra-soft and silky
- Contains skin-enriching and hydrating ingredients
- Available in freshwater pearl powder and peachy gold tones
- Convenient pump dispenser
- Contains parabens
- Not suitable for dry skin
The Physicians Formula Argan Wear Illuminating Argan Oil is known as ‘liquid gold’. It enhances skin brightness, tone, texture, and elasticity. It is an all-in-one shimmer that acts as a moisturizer, primer, brightener, and transmits a dazzling gleam. This hypoallergenic formula is infused with invigorating argan oil that deeply nourishes the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and blemishes. This shimmering oil absorbs instantly and creates an instant boost of radiance.
- Free from artificial fragrances
- All-in-one shimmer
- Protects the skin
- Hydrating and moisturizing
- Subtle shimmer
The Phoera Just Glow Body Luminizer is a gel-based body shimmer. It comes with light-reflecting pearl pigments that give the most insanely smooth, glossy finish. The formula easily blends with the skin and leaves a streak-free finish. The natural oils, botanical extracts, and a hydrating marine extract in the shimmer give away a glorious dewy, high-shine finish. The invigorating blend of green tea extract, white tea extract, vitamin E, aloe vera, jojoba seed oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, Kalpariane, and brown seaweed extract is rich in antioxidants. They protect the skin from oxidative damage and help mask blemishes, fine lines, stretch marks, and varicose veins. This whole-body luminizer drenches the skin with emollients, enhances the natural skin tone, and adds a warm tan look that lasts all night.
- Hydrating and nourishing
- Protect the skin
- Masks fine lines, blemishes
- Fades stretch marks, varicose veins
- Provides a long-lasting wear
- Can be applied from head-to-toe
- Removes skin dullness
- Available in three shimmer colors
- Greasy texture
The Ruth Paul Skin Amazing Oils Gold Shimmer Glow is a lightweight body shimmer. It is infused with invigorating essential oils of sweet orange and grapefruit that moisturize, rejuvenate, and refresh dull skin. The vitamin C in the shimmer reduces fines lines, wrinkles, and blemishes. The silky-soft shimmer contains mica glitter. It is an eco-friendly mineral that illuminates and offers an eye-catching sparkle to your body.
- Nourishing and hydrating
- Excellent skin conditioner
- Infused with natural, hydrating ingredients
- Masks stretch marks, fine lines, and blemishes
- Very subtle shimmer glow
If you want a sun-kissed glow with a shimmering effect, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil is the best pick. The golden shimmer contains hydrating and illuminating oils that rejuvenate the skin and leave a non-greasy finish. It offers a dry tan and a tinted glow.
- Hydrating shimmering oil
- Provides a dry tan
- Best for all skin tones
- Unpleasant smell
The Kopari Coconut Body Glow is an intense body moisturizer and a highlighter. You can easily mix it with your sunscreen for a beach-beauty appearance and refresh your mood with the coconut fragrance. It is lightweight and instantly absorbs into the skin. It nourishes, hydrates, and rejuvenates the skin. It is infused with coconut oil. It also contains natural pearlescent minerals that leave a radiant finish over your face and body.
- Refreshing coconut aroma
- Some may find the coconut aroma overwhelming
The Moroccanoil Shimmering Body Oil instantly blends into the skin and leaves skin with a healthy-looking radiance. It is infused with an antioxidant-rich blend of argan and sesame oils. This invigorating blend absorbs quickly to revive, revitalize, nourish, and moisturize lackluster skin. The lightening mineral-rich glitters in the oil leave a radiant look and a glowy finish. The delicate Moroccanoil fragrance uplifts your mood.
- Hydrating and rejuvenating
- Rich in antioxidants
- Soothing fragrance
- May stain clothes
The Thai Lemongrass Gold Shimmer Glow Oil is made with a luxurious, vitamin-rich formula that quickly absorbs into the skin and delivers a sun-kissed glow. It is made with rice bran, sweet almond oil, grape seed, and jojoba oil that nourish and rejuvenate the skin. This plant-based oil is packed with vitamin E and fatty acids that protect the skin from chemical and environmental aggressors. The fatty acids offer a natural oil barrier. It hydrated your dehydrated skin. The shimmering gold mica in the oil reflects any lights and leaves you with a dazzling glow.
- Hydrating and nourishing
- All-in-one full-body moisturizer
- Long-day wear
- No harmful chemicals
- Overpowering fragrance
The Cheeky Physique Shimmer Sleek Firming Body Illuminator creates a radiant glow while firming and toning your body shape. The caffeine and botanical extracts in the shimmer define and firm up the body curves. The age-defying peptides reduce any signs of premature aging. They also firm the skin and increase elasticity. The shimmer has diamond dust infused to illuminate the skin. The dust also brightens the skin tone. The soothing, refreshing aroma of the shimmer uplifts your mood.
- Subtle shimmer formula
- Lightens skin imperfections
- Firms and tightens sagging skin
- Refreshes skin
- Skin-smoothing formula
These are the top body shimmers that you can buy online. The following section illustrates how to use a body shimmer the right way.
How To Use A Body Shimmer The Right Way?
- Prep your skin and choose the right body highlighter (according to your skin type).
- Mix a shimmer oil or a lotion with a body lotion for an overall sheen.
- Apply to your body. Let it settle for some time. You can also choose a powder illuminator for a long-lasting, glowy finish.
- To enhance your collarbones, use a powder highlighter applied with a small, tapered brush for precise application – the highlight should sit on the top of your collarbones.
- Apply the shimmer after applying the foundation.
In the following section, we have discussed certain tips that can help you pick the ideal body shimmer.
Tips To Choose The Right Product
- Choose a hydrating body shimmer that contains an invigorating blend of shea butter, aloe vera, almond oil, and coconut oil that nourish, hydrate, and revitalize the skin.
- The golden or silver illuminators in the shimmer should contain highlighting minerals for a dewy finish.
- The body shimmer must be free from harsh chemicals and toxins.
Looking like a diva is no more a thing only among the A-listers! With the right body shimmer, you too can flaunt your glistening looks. A touch of glitter is all you need to sparkle up your appearance. Pick your favorite body shimmer from this list – something that also moisturizes and rejuvenates your skin.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
What is a shimmer body oil used for?
A shimmer body oil is rich in antioxidants. It protects the skin and also adds shine.
Does a shimmer lotion make your legs shiny?
Yes, a shimmer lotion makes your legs shiny when applied. It also adds a glowy finish.
- 16 Best Body Lotions For Dry Skin of 2020
- Is It Possible To Get Glowing Skin Naturally In Just A Week?
- Best Body Lotions For Oily Skin – Our Top 10 Picks
- 15 Best Waterproof Foundations For Women In India
Latest posts by Priyanka S (see all)
- 11 Best Exercise Ball Chairs Of 2021 For Better Posture - March 17, 2021
- 13 Best Cruelty-Free Eye Creams For Dark Circles And Crow’s Feet - March 1, 2021
- Differences Between Hair Shedding And Hair Loss - January 11, 2021
- How To Do A Reverse Perm At Home – A Step-By-Step Tutorial - November 25, 2020
- Do I Have Thick Or Thin Hair? Ways To Check The Hair Texture And Beauty Hacks - November 23, 2020