If you are a gym enthusiast, you must have heard of Bowflex. They are among the topmost fitness devices and home exercise equipment manufacturers. Their home exercise machines and devices are compact, innovative, and affordable, and their home gym machines are extremely popular. If you cannot go to the gym, you can do all the major exercises on your home gym machine.
|Top 5 Products||Check Price|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||Check Price|
|Bowflex PR 1000 Home Gym||Check Price|
|Bowflex BodyTower||Check Price|
|Bowflex Revolution Home Gym – Best Overall||Check Price|
|Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym||Check Price|
Their home gym machines are mainly for building strength and muscle. They were first patented in 1979 in San Francisco by an engineering student. Since 1986, Bowflex has been selling its home gym machines across the world. If you are looking for one, here are the best 5 Bowflex machines for your home gym you can buy. Scroll down.
Table Of Contents
The Top 5 Bowflex Machines of 2020
With this home gym, you can do over 60 exercises that work all of your muscle groups, including the chest, shoulders, arms, back, abs, and legs. It provides seven free trainer-built workout regimens. It has a sliding seat rail to let you do aerobic rowing and leg presses.
The lat tower has an angled lat bar that helps build the muscles in the shoulders and back. The multiple cable or pulley positions of this home gym enable you to do custom workouts. The machine comes with an instructional placard and triple function hand grip/ankle cuffs. The foldable bench and wheels make this machine easy to store.
- Weight Resistance: 210 pounds (upgradable to 310 pounds or 410 pounds)
- Number Of Exercises: 60+
- Dimensions: 229x97x211 cm
- User Weight Limit: 136 kg
- Triple function hand grip included
- Folding bench and wheels for easy storage
- Lat tower with angled lat bar (for back and shoulder muscle)
- Includes instructional placard
- 5 years machine warranty, 60 days for parts, and lifetime for rods
- Doing proper aerobic rowing can be difficult.
- The seat and bench may feel wobbly.
The Bowflex PR 1000 Home Gym has 210 pounds of resistance. It has a built-in rowing station for doing calorie-burning exercises. The built-in media rack and multiple cable pulley positions help you change the angle of resistance easily to enhance the effectiveness of the exercises. This versatile machine helps work the abs, chest, arms, shoulders, back, and the lower body.
It comes with triple-function hand grips for lat pulldown and a horizontal bench press. It also has roller cushions that can be used for leg extension and curl exercises. The rowing station can be folded after you are done with your workout.
- Weight Resistance: 210 pounds
- Number Of Exercises: 30+
- Dimensions: 84L x 38Wx 82H inches
- User Weight Limit: 300 pounds/136 kg
- 7 trainer-built workouts included
- Media rack to watch training videos
- Two training videos included
- Built-in rowing station
- Easy to put together
- Great for upper body exercises
- Compact home gym
- Lower body exercises are less challenging.
- Changing the machine configuration takes time.
The Bowflex BodyTower helps you add variety and increase the intensity of your workouts. It has seven different levels of adjustment that allow you to do over 20 exercises, including chin-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, single-leg squats, hanging leg raises, and tricep dips. It is equipped with unique EZ-Adjust arms that provide a wider range of options than most of the towers available on the market.
This is a heavy-duty body tower. It has powder-coated steel tubing with a wide base for improved stability. It also has high strength carabiners and D-ring hardware. It comes with a tower-mounted workout placard featuring eight exercises and a guide demonstrating 10 more. The set includes a non-absorbent foam cushion pad, hand grips, and sling straps.
- Weight Resistance: Bodyweight resistance
- Number Of Exercises: 20+
- Dimensions: 127 x 127 x 196 cm (assembled)
- User Weight Limit: 300 pounds
- Handle grips and sling straps included
- Non-absorbent cushioned back pad
- Non-absorbent, microbial-resistant handgrips
- Comes with a workout placard with 8 major exercises
- Comes with a workout guide with 10 exercises
- Wobbles a bit (if you are a taller person).
- May feel a bit short for large people (over 6 ft).
You can do over 100 exercises with up to 400 variations with the Bowflex Revolution Home Gym. This product is designed to work each and every body part and supports almost all workout routines, fitness and strength levels, and fitness goals. This home gym works on SpiraFlex Technology, designed for NASA, and works independently of gravity to provide resistance without any inertia.
This machine has independently moving arms with 10 positions that offer 170-degree adjustments. You can work with the leg press station with up to 600 lbs of resistance. It has a sliding seat rail for leg presses and aerobic rowing exercises. The vertical bench press helps you perform a wide range of exercises and folds easily, which makes it easy to store after the workout.
- Weight Resistance: 220 lbs (maximum 300 lbs)
- Number Of Exercises: 100+
- Dimensions: 248L x 97W x 185H cm
- User Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Independently moving arms with 10 positions (170-degree adjustment)
- 600 lbs resistance (with upgrades) leg press station
- Preacher curl attachment
- Vertical bench press
- Leg extensions
- Versatile equipment
- Sturdy and well-built
- Folds easily
- Good range of weights
- Easy to switch and change exercises
- 10 years warranty (parts) and 90 days (labor)
- Tough to get a good lat pulldown exercise (due to the design).
No products found.
This home gym has a no-change pulley system, meaning you can do a full-body workout minus the cable change-overs. You can easily switch from one exercise to the other without affecting your heart rate. This home gym focuses on training all muscle groups, including those in the chest, shoulders, arms, abs, legs, and lats.
It has hand grips, a lat bar, and an ab crunch shoulder harness. To add more variety to your exercises, you can buy an ab attachment and a preacher curl. The machine also features an adjustable seat with polyurethane cushion and 5-way hand grip/ankle cuffs. The bundle includes the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym, two 50 lbs power rods, and two 50 pound rod attachments.
- Weight Resistance: 210 lbs (upgradable up to 310 or 410 lbs)
- Number Of Exercises: 70+
- Dimensions: 135L x 124W x 211H cm
- User Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Compact, fit for smaller spaces
- Lat tower and angled lat bar for back muscles
- 4-position lower pulley/squat station (for calves, hamstrings, and glutes)
- Leg extensions
- Abdominal crunch shoulder harness
- Includes squat bar
- 7 free trainer-built workouts
- Power rods may not provide enough resistance.
These are the best Bowflex machines you can buy. If you have been eyeing a Bowflex home gym machine and plan to get one soon, here are a few tips to consider before picking your device.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Bowflex Home Gym Machine
- The Resistance And The Weight: Lower end models with 210 lbs power rods are suitable for light lifters. However, if you are a heavy lifter, pick a machine with at least 410 lbs resistance.
- The Footprint Size Of The Machine: Some models are suitable for small spaces, while some might need a bigger space for setup. Evaluate the available space and buy one with the appropriate footprint size.
- Types Of Exercises Available: Some home gym machines offer 50-70 types of exercises, while others offer over 100 types. High-end machines have more exercises. Pick as per your budget and requirements.
- Check The Maximum User Weight: If you are planning to build muscles and get bigger, you should consider this option. Lower maximum weight means you can someday outgrow the machine or become too heavy for it.
- The Cardio Features: Cardio features, like rowing, are good for toning and maintaining the current shape of your muscles. High-end home gyms usually have added cardio features.
Bowflex home gyms are easy to maintain and sturdy enough to last long. The brand is famous for its quality, and they provide a really good product warranty, which you will not usually find in any other brands. Hence, if you are planning to set up your gym at your home, you can definitely go for a Bowflex home gym machine.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How long do Bowflex power rods last?
Bowflex rods are pretty sturdy, and they almost never break.
What is the recommended age for Bowflex machine users?
Bowflex machines are not intended for anyone younger than 14 years. Consult a doctor before you start to exercise.
- 13 Best Stair Steppers For Burning Calories At Home – 2020
- Top 20 Home Gym Equipment You Should Consider Buying For Your Gym
- 9 Benefits Of Rowing Machine Exercises
- 21 Best Ab Exercise Equipments You Can Try
Latest posts by Ramona Sinha (see all)
- How To Fix A Bad Hair Day In 8 Simple Ways - January 13, 2021
- The Reverse Washing Method: Make It Work For You! - January 12, 2021
- DIY Shampoo Bar Recipes: A Complete Guide - January 12, 2021
- How To Grow Your Edges Back: 9 Simple Steps - January 11, 2021
- Is Vegetable Oil Good For Your Hair? - January 8, 2021