Are you using a bronzer without a bronzer brush? Stop, for you are totally missing out on the perfection your bronzer can actually deliver. We mean, there’s a reason why these bronzer brushes are available in the market. And this might sound like an expense to you, but using a bronzer brush is necessary to get that perfect sunkissed glow. They are designed in a particular way to make sure you get a flawless tanned look by blending the formula the right way on the skin. So, using a bronzer brush with a bronzer is ideal! Now, are you curious to find the best bronzer brush of 2020? Here’s a little more about what a bronzer brush is:
What’s a Bronzer Brush?
A bronzer brush or kabuki brush is available in different sizes with dense bristles that allow seamless blending. You can also use a stippling brush instead if you are comfortable using one. Now, these brushes are available with synthetic bristles, which are suitable to use with cream or liquid bronzers, and natural bristles, which are ideal for pressed powder bronzers.
Why the difference? Synthetic bristles may not hold powder efficiently, whereas there’s a high chance that natural bristles may absorb all the moisture in the cream or liquid product. So, according to your needs, pick an ideal one!
Now, go get bronzed with the best bronzer brush below! Check out our list of 11 best bronzer brushes of 2020 for you:
Read on to know more!
Top 11 Best Bronzer Brushes Of 2020 You Cannot Miss! (With Reviews)
Ultra-luxe is the word for this bronzer brush. With a large head full of feather-soft bristles, this bronzer brush promises a full coverage with a luxurious feel. Gliding on the skin without causing any irritation, it can also be used to powder or blush the cheeks. And did you notice the metallic copper handle? Adding a premium touch to your makeup collection, this large-headed bronzer brush is a great option to cover maximum areas on the face in one go.
- Cruelty-free product
- Delivers a sheer coverage
- Promises a high definition look
- Enhances complexion with a mattified finish
- Fragile handle
For all the vegan makeup lovers out there, here’s a kabuki brush that’ll make you feel glorious inside-out. Made of recycled aluminum, plastic, as well as 80% bamboo fibers and 20% cotton, it’s a great option for earth-conscious makeup lovers too. Use it to apply powder or bronzer; its synthetic, dense, and super-soft bristles ensure high-performance and full coverage only. Also, this compact brush comes with a lid, which means you can use it on-the-go, and it will fit in your backpack or handbag easily! Why skip it, busy bees?
- Cruelty-free product
- Compact and easy-to-use
- High-quality brush and ultra-soft
- Ideal to use with cream and liquid bronzers.
- Environment-friendly and packed with tree-free paper
- Not recommended to use with a pressed powder bronzer
Blend like a professional makeup artist with this kabuki brush set! A great option for those who switch between powder or liquid bronzers regularly, these brushes guarantee an airbrushed finish with every use. Use the flat kabuki brush with liquid or cream bronzers and watch them cover even the most problematic areas effortlessly. The rounded kabuki brush, on the other hand, guarantees a flawless finish and covers large areas like a pro too. Just the cute addition you need in your makeup kit to flaunt your bronze look— give them a try!
- Easy to use and clean
- Compact and travel-friendly
- High-quality and made of raw materials
- Ultra-soft and silky-smooth bristles
- Chemical-free and cruelty-free product
- Crafted by makeup artists for long-lasting usability
- Bristles may shed
What’s so flawless about this bronzer brush? Its super-soft synthetic bristles have strong holding power and will deliver sheer and natural coverage too. And adding to this, it has a slightly pointed top to provide seamless contouring as well! Covering all the large areas and providing a high-definition sunkissed glow, who needs a beach getaway when this drugstore bronzer brush by e.l.f can deliver a flawless finish in the comforts of your home! Try it.
- Cruelty-free and vegan product
- Ensures a no-streak even coverage
- Easy-to-use with an ergonomic design
- Free from phthalates, triclosan, parabens, nonylphenol, triclocarban, etc.
- Suitable to use for liquid bronzer, powder, and blush
- May require frequent cleaning
- Not ideal for pressed powder bronzer
Looks premium, doesn’t it? Well, it feels like one too! Reawaken the beauty and bronze goddess within you with this dome-shaped kabuki brush by Anne’s Giverny. Too cute and soft to be skipped, its lightweight structure with a large head will cover large areas like cheeks and forehead in a few sweeps! And since the bristles are made of natural fibers, they’ll pair with powdered bronzers perfectly. Just what you need to pamper your skin with a luxurious tanned look, don’t miss this rose-pink bronzer brush this season!
- Cruelty-free product
- Large and high-quality bronzer brush
- Delivers medium to sheer coverage
- Easy-to-use with good-grip structure
- Suitable to use with finishing powder, blush, and foundation
- May be too large for a petite face
Meet the father of all kabuki brushes! With a colossal bristle head that’ll easily cover large areas, this one will blend the bronzer like a dream. Ultra-soft and structured with a sturdy copper and wooden handle, the brush gives you the power to control the tan coverage on the skin. Ideal to use with liquid or cream bronzer, the bristles are made of synthetic fibers that feel no less than a bunch of feathers across the skin— yep, they are that soft! Do you think you can handle this pamper?
- Blends quickly and evenly
- High-quality, extra-large, and premium brush
- Ensures a smooth finish within seconds
- Enhances complexion with a flawless coverage
- Bristles may shed
Do you want the tan to look more enhanced and professional? Then, this angular kabuki bronzer brush by Mypreface will be ideal for you. Designed to deliver a high-definition and flawless finish, the 100% non-porous bristles will deposit enough pigment for your skin to look stunningly sunkissed within minutes! Also, it does not pull while gliding or blending, making it a great option for contouring and highlighting as well. Easy-to-use and with a premium rose-gold metallic and wooden blue handle, this cruelty-free brush is sturdy and durable too.
- Made of soft synthetic fibers
- Delivers a streak-free coverage
- Glides smoothly and easy-to-clean
- High-quality, soft, and flexible bristles
- Non-shedding, non-bleeding, and vegan product
- Ideal for blending, finishing, stippling, buffing, and more
- The handle is made of lightweight and sustainably-sourced wood.
- It may have a synthetic odor initially.
- The bristles may shed.
Don’t mind loosening your purse strings a little? Then try this high-end kabuki brush that claims to deliver a flawless tan with its goat hair bristles. Have you been missing the sun too much or looking for a natural tan effect? Glide this one on as it promises medium to full coverage with its super-soft yet high-quality fibers. Holding on the powder efficiently and spreading on a layer seamlessly, the brush is quick, high on performance, and versatile. Just the kind of splurge that’ll make your skin feel like a luxury, add this brush to your makeup collection today.
- Improves complexion
- Delivers a flawless tan
- Lightweight, easy-grip, and sturdy handle
- Ideal to get a broad-range coverage
- There might be some shedding.
Beach trip, canceled? Fulfill your tan dreams with this angular brush by Keshima. Claiming to blend a tan, contour, or blush flawlessly on the skin, watch your squad and frenemies wow in wonder if it’s natural or not. And since it’s made of high-quality synthetic fibers, you don’t have to worry about the product absorbing into the bristles too. Super-soft and enhancing your features like no other, let this brush be your secret tool to get a sunless tan this season.
- Ensures effortless application on skin
- Non-shedding and easy-to-clean
- Picks and delivers the right amount of pigment
- Ideal to use with powder, liquid, and cream bronzers
- The bristles are small-sized.
Do you end up wasting a lot of product because of the brush? You must-try this angular kabuki brush instead. Why? It claims to pick up the right amount of pigment and deliver it seamlessly on the skin. And also, its blending power is no joke! It promises to leave a natural and stunning tan across your skin within minutes. Made of high-quality and non-porous bristles that won’t soak in the cream or liquid formula, the brush ensures a perfect sunkissed look with every use. So, basically, you waste less and get a high-performance look all with this one brush! Still, want to skip it?
- Delivers a high-definition look
- Cruelty-free, hygienic, and vegan
- Non-bleeding and non-shedding brush
- Silky-soft, durable, and flexible bristles
- Ideal for contouring, finishing, buffing, blending, and stippling too
- The handle provides a comfortable and easy grip.
- It may be slightly stiff.
This brush is so gorgeous that you would rather have it as a decor— not kidding! With a unique and handcrafted rose design and super-soft bristles, it’s like showering your skin with some love-packed tan. Ultra-fluff and made of high-quality synthetic fibers, the brush has long bristles as well that ensure to deliver a full and flawless coverage effortlessly. A great option for gifting too, if you are looking for a premium tool to flaunt while doing your makeup, this rose brush would be an ideal addition.
- 3D flower design
- Cruelty-free and vegan product
- Durable, sturdy, and firm handle
- No-scent and non-shedding brush
- Suitable to use with cream or liquid bronzer, blush, and foundation
- Not ideal to use with pressed powders
Can’t wait to try them, right? Those were the 11 best bronzer brushes of 2020 that you cannot miss! Do you still need assistance with buying the best bronzer brush? Read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide — Best Bronzer Brush
How to Choose the Best Bronzer Brush?
Here are some features you must look out for:
- Blending power: Pick a brush that ensures quick and seamless blending. Though makeup users mostly blame the formula for not blending effortlessly, the bronzer brush can be at fault too. So, choose one with strong holding power, and that blends seamlessly.
- Synthetic or Natural bristles: Kabuki brushes are available in synthetic and natural fibers. So, if you are planning to use pressed powder bronzer, opt for natural bristles, whereas for cream or liquid, you can settle for a synthetic bristle brush.
- Round, Flat, or Angular shape: These brushes are designed differently to allow various benefits. A round kabuki brush is ideal for covering large areas, whereas a flat kabuki brush will conceal all the problematic areas with a seamless finish. The angular kabuki brush, on the other hand, ensures to enhance your features and deliver a more high-definition look, which is why it’s ideal for contouring too.
Non-shedding brush: Though slight shedding is normal while cleaning, a bronzer brush should not shed during application. Hence why you must opt for a high-quality bronzer brush for long-lasting usability.
How to Use A Bronzer Brush?
Using a bronzer brush may vary depending on whether you are using it with pressed powder, liquid or cream bronzer.
- With pressed powder: Swirl the brush gently on the powder, then dust off the excess. Next, glide it across the areas where you want a natural tan and blend until you get the desired results.
- With liquid or cream bronzer: Dispense a pearl-sized amount on a makeup dish or your palm. Now, with your synthetic bronzer brush, dot the areas you want the tan on and then blend until you get the desired glow.
Getting a sunless tan now looks easy, right? Let one of these bronzer brushes be your secret tool to get that stunning tan glow this 2020. With several options available for beginners and professionals in the list, we bet getting a tan can’t get simpler than this. Now, what are you waiting for? Go, pick the best bronzer brush and get ready to flaunt your tan like a stunner!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Which Brush Do You Use for Bronzer?
To apply a bronzer, one should ideally use a kabuki brush or a bronzer brush to get that natural and seamless finish.
Can You Use A Bronzer Brush for Blush?
Yes, you can use a “round” bronzer brush such as Real Techniques Powder & Bronzer Brush or Matto Bamboo Makeup Brush Set to apply blush on the cheeks.
Can You Use A Bronzer Brush for Foundation?
If you are looking for a bronzer brush that you can use for applying foundation too, then Mypreface Bronzer Brush and Anne’s Giverny Kabuki Bronzer Brush are great options.
Can You Use A Bronzer Brush for Highlighter?
Yes, you can use Mypreface Bronzer Brush or Mypreface Angled Kabuki Bronzer Brush for highlighting and enhancing your features too.
Can I Use The Same Brush For Powder And Bronzer?
Yes, you can use the same brush for powder and bronzer provided you clean it before using it, or else, you will end up ruining both the products.
Which Kind Of Brush Is Best For Bronzer?
Kabuki brushes are ideal to use with a bronzer. Now, the type of kabuki brush to use may vary depending on whether you are using a pressed powder, liquid, or cream bronzer.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 5 Best Dry Shampoos For Braids You Cannot Miss (2020)! - November 26, 2020
- 6 Best Dry Shampoos That Are Perfect For Red Hair - November 26, 2020
- 10 Best Hair Milks For Natural Hair In 2020 To Bless Your Tresses - November 26, 2020
- 13 Best Purple Shampoos To Keep Your Gray Hair Healthy - November 24, 2020
- 10 Best Dry Shampoos For Fine Hair In 2020 - November 19, 2020