Our skin changes with age and gets affected by diet, sun exposure, and our lifestyle. The best bronzers for mature skin can easily cover blemishes, dehydrated skin, and signs of aging. You can achieve the most beautiful sun-kissed glow using the right bronzer for your skin. Although makeup on mature skin is slightly tricky, the perfect base and a bronzer can help your skin shine through just right. Here, we have discussed some of the best bronzers for mature skin available on the market right now. Go ahead and check them out.
In This Article
What are the best bronzers for mature skin?
The best bronzer for mature skin women is the one that goes with the skin tone and makeup style. Also, it’s important to look for something that isn’t too drying as your skin tends to become dry as you age. Dehydrated skin further creates more skin problems that makeup can’t hide. The product should glide well on your skin as mature skin is more sensitive than younger skin and it shouldn’t cake into the wrinkles and fine lines. Are you looking for something super shimmery or matte? Is your skin sensitive? Here are few options for good bronzer for pale skin that will help you get makeup ready-
Top 8 Best Bronzers For Mature Skin Women 2022
1. Best Hypoallergenic: Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer- Light
It is time to stop worrying about changing skin texture. With Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer, you can get soft skin and feel like you’re 18 again! It contains murumuru butter, cupuaçu butter, tucuma butter, pro-vitamins, and essential fatty acids that will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Formulated with soft-focus pigments and refined pearls, it delivers a radiant glow with a subtle shimmer finish. You not only get all-day coverage and a brighter skin tone, but the product also keeps your skin protected with this moisturizing bronzer. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the product.
- Glides easily
- Creamy texture
- Tropical packaging
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Gluten, oil, and paraben free
- Comes with built-in mirror and sponge applicator
- Some people might not like the strong beachy fragrance
2. Best Vegan-Friendly: Beauty For Real Bronze + Glo Highlighter Stick
Beauty For Real Bronze + Glo Highlighter Stick is formulated with Vitamin E and grape seed extracts that help nourish your skin. The pomegranate extracts present in this flattering formula provide benefits of anti-aging properties and antioxidant protection. If you think that your skin needs this extra care with a sun-kissed glow, your search is over right here. It is made of a creamy powder formula that blends into the skin, giving you a natural, weightless finish. Now you can go out everyday with a youthful rosy shade on your cheekbones with this bronzer.
- Long lasting
- Made of natural ingredients
- 2-in-1 highlighter stick
- Might melt in hot condition
- The stick might not be user-friendly.
3. Best Sun Protection: Perricone MD BRONZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15
Do you need a professional bronzer that brightens your skin and also protects it from the sun? That’s where the Perricone MD BRONZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15 comes into picture. It acts like a sunscreen by protecting your skin from the real suntan, and also gives you a believable golden bronze glow. It looks great on all skin tones, making it perfect for all you pretty ladies out there. Formulated with vitamin C ester and mineral SPF 15, this blendable bronzer improves discoloration or dullness over time.
- Contains SPF 15
- Highly pigmented
- Highly adaptable
- Universally-flattering glow
- Formulated with vitamin C ester
- May not be very long lasting
4. Best Anti-Aging: It Cosmetics Your Most Beautiful You Vitality Face Disk
Perfect for carrying in your purse, this three-in-one makeup palette is your go-to for any makeup look. It is formulated with hydrolyzed collagen and silk, helping you hide fine lines and wrinkles. It is THE bronzer for oily skin because it contains peptides that nourish your skin. The luminizer Live gives your face a radiant glow, the bronzer Laugh delivers a sun-kissed warm complexion with a matte finish, and the blush Love restores your bright, natural-cheek flush. The bronzer is waterproof, making it ideal to use for sweaty workouts or trekking trips.
- For all skin tones
- Three-in-one makeup palette
- Proprietary Drops of Light Technology
- Color may not be pigmented enough for heavy makeup
5. Best Talc-Free: It Cosmetics Sunshine In A Compact Bye Bye Pores Bronzer
Get a true airbrushed look with this anti-aging matte bronzer. You can now look young and get a nourished skin with It Cosmetics Sunshine In A Compact Bye Bye Pores Bronzer. It is probably the best bronzer for mature skin women as it does not settle in the wrinkles or lines and gives a sun-kissed glow. It provides instant radiance without any glitter needed. Formulated with anti-aging peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, silk, and antioxidants, it hides pores and skin imperfections.
- Vitality glow
- Can be used on face and body
- For all skin tones
- Developed with the help of leading plastic surgeons
- Maybe not be richly-pigmented
6. Best For Oily Skin: BAREPRO GLOW Liquid Bronzer
A BAREPRO GLOW Liquid Bronzer will help you with a thick coverage on your face, unlike some others. It is the best bronzer for aging skin as it is made of naturally derived botanicals that cover pores and fine lines, absorbing excess oil from the face. You get a natural skin tone and a sun-kissed color with its light-reflecting mineral pearls. Now you can look charming at family functions or corporate parties by appearing younger than ever with this liquid bronzer for mature skin.
- 16 hour glow
- Hint of shimmer
- Bi-phase formula
- Not tested on animals
- Contains bamboo and green lentil extracts
- Formulated with mineral lock longwear technology
- Might not give a natural makeup look without blending with a base
7. Best Moisturizing: Onyx anti-Aging Facial Bronzing Intensifier
Need help to prevent premature aging? Onyx anti-Aging Facial Bronzing Intensifier has the best qualities of matrixyl 3000TM and green tea extract that enhances your suntan look and helps prevent premature aging. It is formulated with macadamia oil, cranberry seed oil, and raspberry seed oil that make your skin silky and moisturized. It is packed with a blend of a sweet floral fragrance and a fruity tone. Whether it is a tea party or a night charity event, you will look like you stopped aging.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Fresh meadow fragrance
- Soothing and conditioning effect
- Tan enhancers: DHA, Erythrulose, Tyrosine
- Contains matrixyl 3000TM and green tea extract
- Some people might find the fragrance to be strong
8. Best For Light-Toned Skin: CARENminerals Foundation Bronzer- Bright Tan
Get all types of tan tones, from the lightest to the deepest with this CARENminerals Foundation Bronzers. The Bright Tan shade is perfect for a warm, sun-kissed glow, ideal bronzer for fair skin people. It has a silky, smooth, and flattering formula that makes the application easy and helps in instantly delivering a believable golden bronze glow. It is a good choice for women with sensitive skin as it is a hypoallergenic, mineral bronzer that also keeps your skin healthy and nourished. It is a recommended bronzer for mature, light skin tone women for its radiant effect.
- Mineral bronzer
- Silky texture
- No fillers
- No preservatives
- Oil and talc free
- Formulated with three naturally occurring minerals
- The color maybe duskier than expected for some skin tones.
How Can You Choose The Best Bronzer For Your Skin Tone
The best bronzer for you is the one that gives you a summer-like glow all year long. You can get yourself a suntan look without actually going out in the sun. The intensity of the tan will change according to the skin tone.
- If you have pale skin, the best bronzer for you will have a bright shade with a little bit of bronze.
- For a light skin tone, you can try something with a little bit of shimmer.
- For a dark skin tone, get a bronzer that does not leave an orange tint.
You need to take a trial and error run on a few bronzers before selecting the best bronzer for your skin tone. The trick is to find something that looks like a natural skin tone, covers imperfections, and nourishes skin.
How To Apply Bronzer For Mature Skin
Applying bronzer for mature skin is no different a routine than how you would on a younger one. The only change would be to blend it well with your base for a smooth foundation. You will probably be trying to cover the wrinkles, which will require a bronzer that doesn’t settle between your lines.
- Find a bronzer that is perfect for your skin tone. Clean your skin with a cleanser to remove any dirt or oil present. Then apply a moisturizer. The next step is to lay a strong base using a foundation and a concealer.
- Blend your bronzer and apply a darker layer for your cheekbones and nose for contouring. You can use a matte powder bronzer for the entire face and shimmer for high points. If you are using a liquid bronzer, add a couple of drops in the foundation and spread evenly on your face. For a cream bronzer, simply dab on cheekbones, eyelids, nose, and neck.
- Some tricks up the hat are: You can create a slim look by brushing the bronzer upto your hairline, blending till the temple. By using matte-bronzer as a cheekbone contour, you can get an even tone for base and blush together. Get a clean jawline by applying it over the jawline and fading the color over the neck.
It is great to have the power to completely change your look with just one product. A bronzer is your secret weapon. It not only helps blur the lines and wrinkles, but also makes your skin glow like it just got sun kissed. Do not be shy. Go get that bronzer and slay your upcoming events. We have 8 great options for you to select from.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a fashion and makeup enthusiast who loves to keep up with the latest trends in the beauty industry and review makeup products. Her strong knowledge of makeup trends helps her provide a well-researched article on the best bronzers for mature skin. These bronzers help you cover your blemishes and aging signs just the right way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What bronzing products should you avoid using on mature skin?
Products that do not cover fine lines and wrinkles should be avoided. The color will settle in the creases making the skin look uneven.
Does bronzer make you look older?
A bronzer will help you cover the spots, dark circles, wrinkles and fine lines on the face, making you look younger. Some bronzers also make the skin soft and nourished.
What is the best face bronzer?
The best face bronzer is the one that suits your skin tone, gives you a natural, sun-kissed look, and covers your discoloration, wrinkles, etc.
- Best Drugstore Bronzers
- Best Leg Bronzers To Buy Online
- Best Bronzer For Dark Skin Tones
- Best Bronzers For Olive Skin Tone