The 8 Best Bronzers For Mature Skin – 2023
Say goodbye to fine lines and hello to a sun-kissed glow and healthy-looking skin.
Our skin changes with age and gets affected by diet, sun exposure, and our lifestyle. The best bronzers for mature skin can easily cover blemishes, dehydrated skin, and signs of aging. You can achieve the most beautiful sun-kissed glow using the right bronzer for your skin. Although makeup on mature skin is slightly tricky, the perfect base and a bronzer can help your skin shine through just right. Here, we have discussed some of the best bronzers for mature skin available on the market right now. Go ahead and check them out.
In This Article
What are the best bronzers for mature skin?
The best bronzer for mature skin women is the one that goes with the skin tone and makeup style. Also, it’s important to look for something that isn’t too drying as your skin tends to become dry as you age. Dehydrated skin further creates more skin problems that makeup can’t hide. The product should glide well on your skin as mature skin is more sensitive than younger skin and it shouldn’t cake into the wrinkles and fine lines. Are you looking for something super shimmery or matte? Is your skin sensitive? Here are few options for good bronzer for pale skin that will help you get makeup ready-
Top 8 Best Bronzers For Mature Skin Women 2023
1. Best Hypoallergenic: Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer- Light
It is time to stop worrying about changing skin texture. With Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer, you can get soft skin and feel like you’re 18 again! It contains murumuru butter, cupuaçu butter, tucuma butter, pro-vitamins, and essential fatty acids that will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Formulated with soft-focus pigments and refined pearls, it delivers a radiant glow with a subtle shimmer finish. You not only get all-day coverage and a brighter skin tone, but the product also keeps your skin protected with this moisturizing bronzer. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the product.
- Glides easily
- Creamy texture
- Tropical packaging
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Gluten, oil, and paraben free
- Comes with built-in mirror and sponge applicator
- Some people might not like the strong beachy fragrance
2. Best Vegan-Friendly: Beauty For Real Bronze + Glo Highlighter Stick
Beauty For Real Bronze + Glo Highlighter Stick is formulated with Vitamin E and grape seed extracts that help nourish your skin. The pomegranate extracts present in this flattering formula provide benefits of anti-aging properties and antioxidant protection. If you think that your skin needs this extra care with a sun-kissed glow, your search is over right here. It is made of a creamy powder formula that blends into the skin, giving you a natural, weightless finish. Now you can go out everyday with a youthful rosy shade on your cheekbones with this bronzer.
- Long lasting
- Made of natural ingredients
- 2-in-1 highlighter stick
- Might melt in hot condition
- The stick might not be user-friendly.
3. Best Sun Protection: Perricone MD BRONZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15
Do you need a professional bronzer that brightens your skin and also protects it from the sun? That’s where the Perricone MD BRONZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 15 comes into picture. It acts like a sunscreen by protecting your skin from the real suntan, and also gives you a believable golden bronze glow. It looks great on all skin tones, making it perfect for all you pretty ladies out there. Formulated with vitamin C ester and mineral SPF 15, this blendable bronzer improves discoloration or dullness over time. The liquid formulation of this bronzer makes it easy to use with a sponge or fingers.
- Contains SPF 15
- Highly pigmented
- Highly adaptable
- Universally-flattering glow
- Formulated with vitamin C ester
- May not be very long lasting
4. Best For All Skin Types: Dr. Denese New York Bronzer
The Dr. Denese New York Bronzer is formulated with multi-peptide technology that provides your cheek with a shimmery bronze hue. It contains ceramide 2 and palmitoyl oligopeptide that combat the signs of aging and boost healthy shine into your skin. This matte powder is clinically tested and offers tight, firm, and younger-looking skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Easy to blend
- Highly pigmented
- Might dry out your face
- No sponge
5. Best Waterproof Formula: IT Ombre Radiance Bronzer
The IT Ombre Radiance Bronzer provides both the benefits of a bronzer and that of a highlighter. It is a long-wear, waterproof formula that can also be worn on your body. This bronzer is developed with drops of light technology and merged with the benefits of hydrolyzed collagen and peptides. It offers a natural remedy to your aged skin and improves its overall appearance. A few strokes of the rich formula are enough to achieve the warm sun-kissed glow on your skin. Watch this video to understand the benefits of this bronzer.
- All-day wear formula
- Easy to apply
- Might cause irritation to certain skin types.
Might clog the pores
6. Best Long-Wearing Formula: Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder – Sun Light
The Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder has a soft, lightweight texture that blends seamlessly into your skin without developing streaks or fine lines. It shapes your face while adding a natural glow. The formula is infused with argan oil that moisturizes your skin, reduces inflammation, and eliminates signs of aging. The argan oil also extends the wear time of this bronzer. This bronzing powder is available in four bold shades that offer a bright summery glow to your face in all seasons.
- Offers a subtle glow
- Soft texture
- Overpowering fragrance
7. Best Moisturizing: Onyx anti-Aging Facial Bronzing Intensifier
Need help to prevent premature aging? Onyx anti-Aging Facial Bronzing Intensifier has the best qualities of matrixyl 3000TM and green tea extract that enhances your suntan look and helps prevent premature aging. It is formulated with macadamia oil, cranberry seed oil, and raspberry seed oil that make your skin silky and moisturized. It is packed with a blend of a sweet floral fragrance and a fruity tone. Whether it is a tea party or a night charity event, you will look like you stopped aging.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Fresh meadow fragrance
- Soothing and conditioning effect
- Tan enhancers: DHA, Erythrulose, Tyrosine
- Contains matrixyl 3000TM and green tea extract
- Some people might find the fragrance to be strong
8. Best Lightweight Formula: Solid Black Facial Bronzer
The Solid Black Facial Bronzer is formulated with skin tightening and anti-aging properties. The gentle formula contains black tea and acai berry that combat environmental aggressors that cause blemishes and fill your skin with detoxifying benefits. Unlike regular tanning lotion, this lightweight formula glides smoothly on your skin and adds a warm, youthful glow. It hydrates your skin while reducing aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Provides an even tan
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Gentle formula
- Value for money
Bronzers help you attain your desired makeup look without any hassle. This guide will provide a few pointers for those who are just starting and need some guidance when it comes to picking the best bronzer for mature skin.
What To Consider When Buying The Best Bronzers For Mature Skin
- Skin Type: If you have oily or combination skin, go for powder bronzer since it absorbs the excess oil and offers a matte finish. Dry skin should prefer gel or cream-based bronzers since they can settle the dry patches or flakes. People with dry skin can also opt for a liquid bronzer to achieve a dewy and silky finish.
- Hydration: Mature skin lacks hydration, so buy a moisturizing bronzer that gives even coverage and offers a sun-kissed look.
- Undertones: If you want a naturally highlighted sun-kissed glow, opt for a shade that matches your skin tone. People with cool undertones can go for pink, red, or blue colors. People with warm undertones can opt for golden or yellow hues. Makeup enthusiasts with neutral undertones can choose to go for terra cotta shades or reddish bronzer shades.
- Long-lasting: The key to longevity lies in the bronzer’s formulation and its pigments. The formula needs to hold up well through any weather conditions, be it cold or hot (a lot of people struggle with bronzers when the cold weather sets in). You should consider a sweatproof and waterproof bronzer for the summer season.
- Ease of use: Applying bronzer requires some extra time and effort. You need to analyze the texture of the bronzer and be sure to use it in the right way to achieve your desired finish.
- Price: Bronzers range from cheap ones to expensive ones that give remarkable results due to their formula and pigments. Price should not determine which bronzer you decide to pick up – it should be more about how well the product can serve your needs than anything else.
- Formulation: Pigments, texture, and ingredients are some of the things that make a bronzer suitable for your needs. Natural ingredients like vitamin E, grape seed extracts, and pomegranate extracts are highly recommended. Wear a bronzer with SPF if you are attending a day function. You can also use a bronzer with ingredients like ceramide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, collagen, and peptide that combat signs of aging.
How Can You Choose The Best Bronzer For Your Skin Tone
The best bronzer for you is the one that gives you a summer-like glow all year long. You can get yourself a suntan look without actually going out in the sun. The intensity of the tan will change according to the skin tone.
- If you have pale skin, the best bronzer for you will have a bright shade with a little bit of bronze.
- For a light skin tone, you can try something with a little bit of shimmer.
- For a dark skin tone, get a bronzer that does not leave an orange tint.
You need to take a trial and error run on a few bronzers before selecting the best bronzer for your skin tone. The trick is to find something that looks like a natural skin tone, covers imperfections, and nourishes skin.
How To Apply Bronzer For Mature Skin
Applying bronzer for mature skin is no different a routine than how you would on a younger one. The only change would be to blend it well with your base for a smooth foundation. You will probably be trying to cover the wrinkles, which will require a bronzer that doesn’t settle between your lines.
- Find a bronzer that is perfect for your skin tone. Clean your skin with a cleanser to remove any dirt or oil present. Then apply a moisturizer. The next step is to lay a strong base using a foundation and a concealer.
- Blend your bronzer and apply a darker layer for your cheekbones and nose for contouring. You can use a matte powder bronzer for the entire face and shimmer for high points. If you are using a liquid bronzer, add a couple of drops in the foundation and spread evenly on your face. For a cream bronzer, simply dab on cheekbones, eyelids, nose, and neck.
- Some tricks up the hat are: You can create a slim look by brushing the bronzer upto your hairline, blending till the temple. By using matte-bronzer as a cheekbone contour, you can get an even tone for base and blush together. Get a clean jawline by applying it over the jawline and fading the color over the neck.
Infographic: How To Use Bronzer On Mature Skin: Dos & Don’ts
If you are not in the mood for sunbathing but want that sun-kissed look, a bronzer is your best friend. However, applying bronzers to mature skin may be difficult. Check out the below infographic to learn about the dos and don’ts of applying bronzer to mature skin.
Bronzer is a transformative and versatile makeup product that adds instant warmth and glow to your skin. A swipe of your favorite bronzer can give you a quick “faux tan.” Though makeup on mature skin can be tricky, you can easily define your features with the right bronzer. Whether you are looking for a creamy or powder formulation, the list has a pick for you. The products are free from additives and offer a radiant effect on your mature skin. Consider your skin tone before choosing the best bronzers for mature skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan, the author of this article, is a fashion and makeup enthusiast who loves to keep up with the latest trends in the beauty industry and review makeup products. Her strong knowledge of makeup trends helps her provide a well-researched article on the best bronzers for mature skin. These bronzers help you cover your blemishes and aging signs just the right way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What bronzing products should you avoid using on mature skin?
Products that do not cover fine lines and wrinkles should be avoided. The color will settle in the creases making the skin look uneven.
Does bronzer make you look older?
A bronzer will help you cover the spots, dark circles, wrinkles and fine lines on the face, making you look younger. Some bronzers also make the skin soft and nourished.
What is the best face bronzer?
The best face bronzer is the one that suits your skin tone, gives you a natural, sun-kissed look, and covers your discoloration, wrinkles, etc.
How long do skin bronzers last?
The shelf life of a skin bronzer is roughly 12 months if it is liquid or stick formula. On the other hand, powder bronzers can last up to 24 to 36 months.
Should bronzer be matte or shimmer?
It depends on the type of finish you want. If you are looking for a natural finish, opt for matte formulas. For a more shiny and radiant glow, use a shimmer bronzer.
Do you put bronzer on top of the foundation?
Yes, apply bronzers on the top of your foundation. This way, your face will look naturally chiseled.
Is powder or liquid bronzer better for mature skin?
Liquid bronzers are better for mature skin as they fill fine lines and wrinkles. On the contrary, a powder bronzer might make the aging signs more prominent.
- Best Drugstore Bronzers
- Best Leg Bronzers To Buy Online
- Best Bronzer For Dark Skin Tones
- Best Bronzers For Olive Skin Tone