Cake – a dessert that never goes out of style! Whether you want to make a simple traditional cake or a decadent one, there is one thing you will definitely need –a cake pan. Different recipes call for different types of cakes pans. It is important to invest in a good cake pan that is versatile, reliable, and durable. Sturdy cake pans with features like non-toxic coating, high sides, and a textured surface improve the process of baking. Cake pans made with materials that heat up quickly and distribute heat evenly without rusting or warping are the best.
Cake pans are not limited to baking cakes. In fact, these versatile tools can also be used to whip up different types of foods like roasted chicken, quiches, homemade bread loaves, lasagna, etc.
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best cake pans currently available and the important factors to keep in mind if when buying one. Check them out!
In This Article
10 Best Cake Pans Available Right Now
Fat Daddio’s PRD-92 Round Cake Pan is made with Safe Seal anodized aluminum that is durable and does not rust, chip, flake, or peel easily. It can be used in professional as well as home kitchens due to its great quality and sturdiness. The anodized coating does not react with acidic ingredients, unlike the traditional cake pans that tend to get oxidized. It also does not absorb fats, sugar, oil, dish soap, and detergents that it comes in contact with. Therefore, there are no unpleasant odors, flavors, or leftover traces of chemicals. It is eco-friendly as it is free of harmful chemicals. It heats up and cools down quickly so that the food is not under or overcooked. Since the pan reaches high temperatures quickly, it gives a good rise to your cakes. This freezer-safe pan should be hand-washed only. This 9” x 2” pan is compatible with many pressure cookers and air fryers as well.
The USA Pan 1070LC Round Cake Pan is the perfect choice for baking delicious cakes. It is coated with Americoat Plus, a patented non-stick silicone that releases the cake easily without breaking or sticking to the pan. It is free from toxic chemicals like BPA, PTFE, and PFOA. It is easy and effortless to clean the pan due to the Americoat Plus coating. The pan is made with aluminized steel and heavy-gauge steel construction so that the heat is distributed evenly. This durable, reliable pan has a long service life due to the high-quality materials used. The unique fluted surface design adds strength and improves air circulation. It also makes it harder to warp.
- Unique fluted design
- Americoat Plus non-stick coating
- Aluminized steel construction
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Corners are difficult to clean
Wilton Performance Aluminum Square Cake Pan is perfect for baking cakes and brownies. It is a welcome change from the traditional round-shaped cake pans. It is a great option to make baked goods like tiered cakes, cheesecakes, quiches, and even ice cream cakes! This cake pan is built to take heat as it is made with solid aluminum. This commercial-grade cake pan is warp-resistant. It bakes the cakes evenly with a smooth surface that is a clean canvas for decoration. It is easy to use and clean.
Chicago Metallic Professional Round Cake Pan Set is made with heavyweight aluminized steel for superior heat conduction. It distributes heat evenly for flawless baking. The set comprises of small (6”), medium (8”), and large (10”) pans that can be used to whip up various desserts and baked treats. They are perfect for making multilayered or tiered cakes. They have a BPA-free and food-safe non-stick coating that helps in easy food release and cleaning. They are dishwasher-safe but will last longer if they are hand-washed. They are suitable for all types of oven.
- Suitable for tiered or layered cakes
- Heats up evenly
- Suitable for all types of ovens
- Easy to clean
- May not be rust-resistant
Rachael Ray 54072 Yum-O Non-Stick Bakeware Cake Pan is made from heavy-gauge steel that is durable and reliable. Its sturdy construction helps in delivering consistent results every time you bake. It also resists warping as it can withstand temperatures up to 500° F. This cake pan has a long-lasting non-stick coating that helps in easy food release and clean-up. It has colorful silicone handles that ensure a secure burn-proof grip. It is convenient and comfortable to use. This versatile baking pan can be used to bake cakes, brownies, quiches, steak fries, lasagna, and roasted chicken or potatoes. This high-quality bakeware shares its profits with Yum-o!, Rachael Ray’s non-profit organization that helps kids and parents develop healthy relationships with food.
Zulay Premium 9-Inch Cheesecake Pan is made from high-grade stainless steel that is strong and durable. It has a non-stick coating and interlocking layers that help in easy food release. This leak-proof spring form pan has a honeycomb-textured base that ensures even heat distribution. It is reliable and does not need to be lined with grease or flour before baking. Its eco-friendly non-stick coating is free from chemicals such as BPA, PTFE, or PFOA. It has large stainless steel latches that make it convenient to seal in the cake batter, especially for cheesecakes! It is recommended to hand-wash this product.
- Made from high-grade stainless steel
- Springform pan
- Even heat distribution
- Bakes evenly and consistently
- Chemical-free (BPA, PTFE, and PFOA)
- May rust quickly
Wilton Decorator Preferred Aluminum Round Cake Pan Set includes 4 round pans of various sizes perfect for baking tiered cakes. The aluminum distributes heat uniformly so that the cake bakes evenly and with a smooth surface for decorating. They have high, sturdy sides and rolled lips for baking cakes with beautiful straight edges. They are dishwasher-safe and come with a limited lifetime warranty. These versatile pans can be used to bake bread loaves, cheesecakes, quiches, and cakes!
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Round Cake Pan is made with durable heavy-grade aluminum steel that helps in quick, uniform heat distribution for even baking. This 9-inch pan has a commercial-grade, double-layered, ceramic-reinforced PTFE coating that protects it against scratching, staining, corrosion, and abrasion. It features square-rolled edges for a secure grip. It is safe to clean in a dishwasher. The micro-textured pattern ensures even baking by minimizing surface contact and promoting airflow. This PFOA-free pan is perfect for layer cakes.
- Heavy-grade aluminized steel
- Even heat distribution
- Square-rolled edges for a secure grip
- Ceramic-reinforced PTFE coating
- Micro-textured pattern to promote airflow
- Resists scratching, staining, corrosion, and abrasion
- May not be warp-resistant
Calphalon Non-Stick Rectangular Cake Pan is sturdy as it is made with a heavy-gauge steel core that distributes heat evenly so that there are no underdone or overcooked spots. This high-performance pan helps in baking even and flawless cakes consistently. The interlocking non-stick layers prevent the food from sticking to the pan. They also facilitate easy release of the cake after baking without any mess or breaking. This cake pan can withstand high temperatures (up to 500° F), so it is oven-safe and dishwasher-safe. It comes with a full lifetime warranty. It is great for baking single-layer cakes of all kinds.
Wilton Aluminum Round 3-Piece Cake Pan Set is best suited for baking tiered cakes, such as wedding cakes. Their high-quality aluminum construction helps in even heating and increases their lifespan and durability. This pan set comes in 3 different sizes (8”, 6”, and 4”) with a generous 2” depth for higher cakes. The warp-resistant pans are sturdy enough to be used in professional as well as home kitchens. They are rust-resistant and can withstand high temperatures. They have high sides and rolled lips that help you make cakes with sharp, straight edges. You can use grease or parchment before pouring the batter into these pans to avoid messy clean-up and ensure an easy release. This set of cake pans comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Made with premium-quality materials
- Easy food release
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Easy to clean
- Uniform heat distribution
- Commercial-level performance
- Suitable for tiered cakes
- Not dishwasher-safe
Those were our top 10 picks of cake pans available right now. Now, let us find out what important features to look for before buying a cake pan.
How To Choose The Best Cake Pan – Buying Guide
- Dimensions: The size and shape of the cake pan are important. Certain recipes call for traditional shapes, like the popular round shape. A set of cake pans in graduated sizes helps in making multi layer or tiered cakes. Novelty shapes and silicone molds are popular among children.
- Durability: Cake pans that can withstand high temperatures and do not warp are the best choices. Look for pans that do not rust quickly. Pans that are resistant to scratches, abrasions, bents, and dents should be preferred.
- Materials: Materials like aluminum and its derivatives, like aluminum steel, are recommended as they heat up quickly and reduce the baking time. They also conduct heat uniformly throughout the pan so that the cake bakes evenly. Silicone cake pans are growing in popularity due to their durability, flexibility, and versatility. Non-stick coating is another coveted feature as it helps in effortless cleaning and easy release of the food.
- Type Of Pan: There are various types of pans available to cater to different recipes. Traditional cake pans come in standard shapes like – round, square, and rectangle – with flat bottoms and high, straight sides for baking evenly levelled cakes. Cake rings are used with baking pans to get similar results with an added advantage of easy cake release by simply sliding open the cake ring. Bundt cake pans have a nostalgic design as they are used for baking ring-shaped cakes popular during the festive season. Spring form cake pans have adjustable sides with a clasp and are perfect for cheesecakes and upside-down cakes. Sheet cake pans are best suited to bake thin cakes that need to be rolled. Cupcake pans that have multiple sockets are suitable for baking cupcakes and Novelty cake pans come in different shapes like stars, hearts, animals, or fish. Silicone cake molds are the most modern cake pans. They come in multiple shapes and are convenient to use, release the cakes, and clean.
- Price: Good-quality cake pans may cost you more. However, they will last you longer and are more reliable. Make sure you choose a cake pan without burning a hole in your pocket.
Cake pans are essential bakeware. They should be sturdy, durable, and functional. They can be used to bake cakes, brownies, cheesecakes, and even savory dishes like quiches and lasagna. Just pick one from this list and start baking today!
- 7 Best Baking Pans – 2023
- 13 Best Tart Pans To Buy Online In 2023
- 13 Best Baking Sheets In 2023 – Reviews And Buying Guide