While our feet carry us the whole day, we often forget to tend to them. Calluses, dead skin, and dry, chapped feet can be a painful affair. Running to the salon for a pedicure every second day is also an expensive proposition. So, what could the solution be?
A good callus remover. This device is a one-time investment. But with so many options on the market, how to pick the best?
Scroll down to check the 7 best callus removers for feet and pick what suits your needs the best!
In This Article
7 Best Callus Removers For FeetAvailable In India
This callus remover from Dr. Scholl’s is constructed with duragel technology that provides cushioned protection to the feet while painlessly removing calluses. It is a thin and flexible gel that surrounds the hard skin and calluses. It saves the feet from shoe pressure and friction, relieving pain and discomfort. The medicated discs remove calluses easily.
- All-day cushioning
- Immediate relief
- Thin gel
The Lifelong Pedicure device is a rechargeable, battery-operated machine to remove dead skin and calluses from the feet. The mineral surface coarse roller heads are hard and waterproof and engineered for a precise pedicure. The device comes with three roller heads that can spin 360 degrees and effectively remove thick, calloused skin quickly. The device can run for 150 minutes on a full charge and features an LED light that focuses on difficult angles. The soft-touch handle is ergonomically designed for easy operation.
- Replaceable roller heads
- Power indicator
- LED light for efficiency
- Decent battery life
- Everyday use may cause dryness
Futurekart callus remover is a metal foot file made of stainless steel. It efficiently and painlessly removes dead skin and old cocoons. The front side is quick to grind off the thick dead skin while the back removes the impurities without piling them up. This rasp foot file comes with a rubber-plastic handle that has an anti-slip grip. It whitens and smoothens the skin under the feet with regular use.
- Anti-slip grip
- May be too harsh for some
Havells brings you a callus remover that runs for 60 mins on a full charge. It features special roller heads with coarse micro-abrasive particles that give your feet effortless treatment. The callus remover facilitates easy removal of hard skin, calluses, and cracked heels with its diamond head rollers. It also has a fine roller to remove unwanted skin that gives the feet a smooth, soft feel.
- Two roller heads
- Can be used corded or cordless
The Beauté Secrets Foot File is an easy and convenient tool to remove calluses. The foot scrubber can be used on both wet and dry feet to remove hard skin. The foot rasp is made of high-quality stainless steel and is reusable. The ergonomic pattern of the file has a gentle curve and can be used at any angle. It helps make the skin baby soft and smooth, removing dead skin painlessly. The plastic handle is anti-slip with a frosted texture for a good grip. A hole in the handle facilitates hanging for storage.
- Works in both directions
- Anti-slip grip
- Easy to store
- Ergonomic design
- Could be too sharp for some
This rechargeable pedicure device from iGRiD is an efficient dead skin and callus remover. It removes hard, rough, and calloused skin easily. The electric foot file is easy to carry and comes with a built-in battery. The ergonomic handle has a soft touch and accommodates an easy grip. The cordless electric foot scraper can be used on wet or dry feet and features an LED light to view difficult angles.
- LED light for efficiency
- Easy grip
- Short battery life
iGRiD pedicure device is a rechargeable callus remover that also removes dead skin from the feet. This device is facilitated with dual speed for gentle as well as forceful control. It removes hard skin within minutes and makes the feet soft. The electric foot file is cordless and portable with a built-in battery. The ergonomically designed handle has a comfortable grip and the device is lightweight. It comes with two waterproof rollers that work for both soft and hard calluses. It minimizes cracked heels and gives the feet an elegant smooth texture.
- Easy to clean
- 1 year warranty
- No charging indicator
The list features some of the best callus removers available. But before you invest in one, read on to find out about the many benefits of these callus removers.
What Are The Benefits Of Callus Removers?
- Fast-relief: Callus removal tools offer the safest and quickest way to remove calluses without pain or surgery.
- Lightweight: These tools are usually lightweight and easy to carry. They are good for travel purposes and are not strenuous on the hand while using manually.
- No Damage: These tools remove the calluses easily without any damage to the skin cells or tissues. Also, regular use keeps the skin from getting hardened.
- Reusable: These tools can be cleaned, sanitized, and reused. They are cost-effective.
- Multi-purpose: The callus removal tool can be used for dead or hardened skin on other parts of the body as well.
Callus removers serve multiple purposes. Read on to find out how to effectively use them for optimum benefits.
How To Use Callus Removers For Feet?
Callus removers are of various types and each type has a different way of functioning. Find out more about how to use each type of callus remover.
Electric Callus Remover
- Soak feet in warm, soapy water.
- Pat/towel dry the feet.
- Switch on the device and set it to a safe and efficient speed.
- Glide it over the feet to gently and painlessly exfoliate dead skin with the rotating filing head.
- Dust and wash the feet.
- Follow up with an ultra-nourishing foot cream.
- Wash and sanitize the tool after each use.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub the feet manually and gently with the filer to remove dead skin and calluses.
- Be careful as the blade is sharp.
- Be careful not to over-scrub.
- Dry the blades after every use to avoid rusting.
While there are many callus removers on the market, picking the right one could be a challenge. But fret not – the following section can help.
How To Choose The Best Callus Removers For Feet?
- Type: Callus removers are available in various types, including electric, manual foot files, or even gel-based foot pads. In case you are looking for immediate results, an electric callus remover is quite effective. A foot file can be used regularly, though everyday use may cause extra dryness. These are good for milder issues of dry, dead skin and hardened areas. The gel-based pads are good for painful calluses and corns. They provide a soft cushion while softening the callus over a few days to be removed easily.
- Power Mode: An electric foot tool can be corded, battery-operated, or chargeable. The style of charging, battery life, and run-time on full charge are all points of consideration. Battery-operated removers are good for travel purposes. A corded or chargeable device needs to be compatible with the power points available to you.
- Design: An ergonomic design with a comfortable anti-slip handle offers a good grip. An LED light attachment allows one to reach hard-to-reach areas, and so does a curved or angular design.
- User-Friendly: Pick a callus remover that is user-friendly and simple to use. In case of callus removal pads, make sure they feel comfortable when used all day. The electric tools should have a simple mechanism and easy to charge. The roller heads should be simple to change.
- Durability and Cost: Your callus remover should be a good investment. It should last long and be cost-effective. Read or watch reviews before you buy a particular product.
Calluses can be painful, embarrassing, uncomfortable, and ugly. A good foot treatment at home can help remove the calluses and make your feet healthy and baby-soft. You don’t have to always hop into that salon and burn holes in your pocket. Pick from this list of the 7 best callus removers. Use them as required and your feet will thank you!
- 15 Best Callus Removers To Buy In 2021
- Top 7 Callus Remover Gels Of 2021
- 10 Best Foot Files To Eliminate Stubborn Calluses
- 10 Best Electric Foot Files For Smooth Feet