Canola oil is extracted from the seeds of the canola plant. What makes it better than most cooking oils is the low amount of saturated fat. Diets based on canola oil have shown to lower bad cholesterol levels (1).
This only shows the growing popularity of the oil. No wonder the supermarket shelves are stocked with different bottles of the oil.
But there’s a problem – there are too many brands. And not all can be reliable, right? Hence, we have listed the top 8 canola oil brands in the Indian market. Check them out!
What Are The Top 8 Canola Oil Brands In India?
Borges Canola Oil is among the leaders in this space. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is one of the brands with the lowest levels of saturated fat.
The oil promotes brain health and even lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- Tastes good
- Competitively priced
- Possible issues with packaging
Disana canola oil is replete with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It also contains the goodness of vitamin E.
It has a high smoke point and is hence ideal for deep frying. This is another reason the oil is suitable for all types of Indian cooking.
The oil has a neutral taste – meaning its taste remains the same even after cooking.
- Has a high smoke point
- Has a neutral taste
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Possible damage with packaging
This oil works wonders for baking and sautéing. It contains healthy poly and monounsaturated fats.
It has a neutral flavor. This makes it ideal for cakes, cookies, pies, sauces, salad dressings, and even marinades.
- High in healthy fats and low in saturated fats
- No aftertaste
- Very expensive
KTC Canola Oil is high in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. It also is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E.
The oil is suitable for baking, frying, and can be added to salads.
- High in healthy unsaturated fats
- Contains vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids
North Prairie Canola Oil is sourced from non-GMO canola. The canola is cold crushed and filtered with no heat or bleaching or refining.
The oil is perfect for baking, sautéing, and making your favorite salad dressing. You can even drizzle the oil over popcorn or steamed veggies.
- Has a delightful flavor
- Light on the stomach
- Minimally processed
- The taste might be too strong for some people.
Wesson Canola Oil contains high amounts of healthy poly and monounsaturated fats. It contains very low saturated fat and absolutely no trans fat.
The brand is over 100 years old, and the oil is known for being clear and odorless.
It also meets the Kosher Circle-K certification (denoting trust and quality).
- Contains zero trans fat
- Contains healthy fats
- Very expensive
The most important constituent of the oil is vitamin E. This can help heal wounds and diminish the appearance of acne or stretch marks.
The oil is high in antioxidants and low in cholesterol – a combination that can boost the body’s metabolism.
- Available in multiple quantities, making it easier to use
- Trusted brand (present in over 100 countries)
- Reasonably priced
8. Great Value Canola Oil
This canola oil contains no artificial flavors. It is gluten-free, contains no cholesterol, and works perfectly for frying. The oil has a high smoke point – making it very good for baking, sautéing, and grilling.
The bottle has a screw-top lid with a handle for added convenience.
- Has a high smoke point
- Has no cholesterol
- Slightly expensive
Research shows that canola oil has a lot of health benefits. Its fatty acid composition is consistent with the recommendations laid out by many health associations (2).
So, what are you waiting for? Pick a brand of your choice from the above list, try it out, and let us know about your experience in the comments section below.
- “Evidence of health benefits of canola oil” Nutrition Reviews, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Food safety and health effects of…” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine.
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- Eleuthero: Is This Medicinal Herb Really Safe? - October 9, 2019
- Selenium Deficiency: 6 Serious Ways It Can Affect You - September 9, 2019
- Hypnosis For Weight Loss - August 28, 2019
- 7 Oil Pulling Benefits For Better Health + How To Do It - May 22, 2019
- Tyramine: What Is It And What Foods To Avoid - April 22, 2019