Canola oil is extracted from the seeds of the canola plant. What makes it better than most cooking oils is the low amount of saturated fat. Diets based on canola oil have shown to lower bad cholesterol levels (1).
This only shows the growing popularity of oil. No wonder the supermarket shelves are stocked with different bottles of oil.
But there’s a problem – there are too many brands. And not all can be reliable, right? Hence, we have listed the top 8 canola oil brands in the Indian market. Check them out!
Table Of Contents
What Are The Top 8 Canola Oil Brands In India?
Borges Canola Oil is among the leaders in this space. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is one of the brands with the lowest levels of saturated fat.
The oil promotes brain health and even lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- Tastes good
- Competitively priced
- Possible issues with packaging
Disana canola oil is replete with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It also contains the goodness of vitamin E.
It has a high smoke point and is hence ideal for deep frying. This is another reason the oil is suitable for all types of Indian cooking.
The oil has a neutral taste – meaning its taste remains the same even after cooking.
- Has a high smoke point
- Has a neutral taste
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Possible damage with packaging
The Miller Canola Oil with low absorption technology absorbs upto 20% less oil. It is rich in mufa, which lowers the effect of cholesterol. This oil is formulated with vitamin E that boosts your immunity and helps tone the skin. It contains omega 3 and 6 that improve heart health and prevents the risk of chronic diseases. This product can be used for frying, roasting, grilling, and baking. You can also use it as salad dressings and sandwich spreads.
- Rich in omega 3 and 6
- Has low absorption technology
KTC Canola Oil is high in unsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. It also is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E.
The oil is suitable for baking, frying, and can be added to salads.
- High in healthy unsaturated fats
- Contains vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids
North Prairie Canola Oil is sourced from non-GMO canola. The canola is cold crushed and filtered with no heat or bleaching or refining.
The oil is perfect for baking, sautéing, and making your favorite salad dressing. You can even drizzle the oil over popcorn or steamed veggies.
- Has a delightful flavor
- Light on the stomach
- Minimally processed
- The taste might be too strong for some people.
The Oreal Canola Oil is rich in omega 3 that helps improve brain function and energy levels. It is a rich source of vitamin A, D, E, and K that maintains your heart health and reduces the chances of chronic diseases. This preservative-free cooking oil contains vitamin E that makes your skin glowing.
- Contains lowest saturated fat
- Suitable for people of all ages
The most important constituent of the oil is vitamin E. This can help heal wounds and diminish the appearance of acne or stretch marks.
The oil is high in antioxidants and low in cholesterol – a combination that can boost the body’s metabolism.
- Available in multiple quantities, making it easier to use
- Trusted brand (present in over 100 countries)
- Reasonably priced
8. Great Value Canola Oil
This canola oil contains no artificial flavors. It is gluten-free, contains no cholesterol, and works perfectly for frying. The oil has a high smoke point – making it very good for baking, sautéing, and grilling.
The bottle has a screw-top lid with a handle for added convenience.
- Has a high smoke point
- Has no cholesterol
- Slightly expensive
Consider a few of the vital points listed in the next section before buying canola oil.
Things To Consider When Buying Canola Oil
Canola oil is one of the healthiest oils rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids with low saturated fat concentration. It is most suitable for regular cooking and baking as it has a light flavor and high smoking point. Be clear about your purpose for buying canola oil and choose accordingly.
Most commercial canola oils contain GMOs. Therefore, opt for an organic canola oil that is GMO-free.
The price of canola oil varies from brand to brand, but it is usually affordable. Buy canola oil from a trusted and reliable brand that offers maximum health benefits.
Canola oil comes in different packaging sizes. Opt for a small bottle when using it for the first time. If you like it, you can opt for a big pack next time. Also, check user reviews to get a fair idea about the effectiveness and quality of the oil.
- “Evidence of health benefits of canola oil” Nutrition Reviews, US National Library of Medicine.
- “Food safety and health effects of…” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, US National Library of Medicine.
- Olive Oil Vs Canola Oil – Which Is Better?
- 7 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil
- Top 10 Best Benefits Of Cotton Seed Oil
- 17 Amazing Benefits Of Moroccan Oil For Skin, Hair And Health
Latest posts by Ravi Teja Tadimalla (see all)
- How Does Alpha-Lipoic Acid Benefit Your Skin? - March 30, 2021
- Should You Use Neosporin To Treat Acne? - March 30, 2021
- Licorice Extract For Skin: Benefits And How To Use - March 30, 2021
- Melasma: What Is It, Causes, And Treatment Options - March 30, 2021
- Should You Take Amoxicillin For Acne? - March 30, 2021