Castor oil is creating a buzz in the global market and trending worldwide on social media. However, this hip product has been in existence for many generations in Jamaica. In this little Caribbean nation, every household will have a bottle or 2 stored in their kitchen shelf or spice drawer. In India, the consumers consider castor oil as a messiah to restore a receding hairline and prevent excessive hair loss.
Castor oil is a nutrient-rich vegetable oil extracted from castor beans. The oil, in its primary element, is clear or has a yellow color. You can also find black castor oil, which is produced by roasting or boiling the beans. At present, its usage is widespread among both men and women. To ensure that you have thick, soft, and dark hair after using this miracle oil, we have assembled the 10 best castor oil products available in the Indian market.
In This Article
10 Best Castor Oils In India For Long And Strong Hair
Rey Naturals brings to you an all-natural castor oil made from the finest quality castor seeds from Gujarat. This unrefined oil is cold-pressed and has mineral oils and Vitamin E, making it a preferred brand of castor oil for hair growth. This miracle oil hydrates and moisturizes a dry scalp and also provides additional shine to the hair. Rey Naturals Castor Oil is suitable for all hair types, including frizzy hair. You can even use it to thicken your eyebrows and obtain denser and longer eyelashes.
- Hydrates and moisturizes hair
- Healing properties
- Good for hair fall
- Suitable for all hair types
- Contains all-natural products
- Some may find the oil too thick.
Achieve longer and stronger hair with WishCare’s cold pressed castor oil. It is made from the seeds of castor plants of the highest quality, directly sourced from artisanal farmers. It promotes hair growth and density and improves hair texture by reducing breakage and making it tangle-free hair. This organic castor oil for hair consists of ricinoleic acid, oleic acid, linoleum acid, and unsaturated fatty acids that promote healthy hair growth. If you’ve always dreamed of long lashes, you can apply this oil to thicken, rehydrate, and moisturize your lashes.
- Nail strengthening qualities
- Comes with a comb applicator
- Reduces pigmentation
- Contains healthy fatty acids
- Some may find the scent overwhelming.
Hair problems such as hair fall, thinning, and breakage are common problems most of us face. No matter what we try, it seems like we simply can’t find a permanent fix for hair loss. However, UrbanBotanics Cold Pressed Castor Oil can help eliminate your woes by promoting hair growth and, at the same time, revitalizing the skin. The oil is rich in vitamins and fatty acids, and helps nourish the scalp by keeping it hydrated. Additionally, this pure cold pressed castor oil does not contain chemical agents, making it suitable for sensitive skin and can also be used as a makeup remover.
- Fixes split ends
- 100% natural
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Some may find it slightly sticky.
Get a healthy glow while hydrating and moisturizing your skin with Mamaearth Castor Oil. It has a high level of antioxidants and encourages the growth of younger cells. The castor oil also promotes an even-toned complexion and helps soothe irritated skin. It further helps nourish dry and damaged hair while enriching the scalp by increasing blood circulation. Likewise, the use of Mamaearth Castor Oil encourages healthy cuticles and improves blood circulation in the nails. It is dermatologically tested and is deemed suitable for skin, hair, and nails.
- Mineral-oil free
- Natural ingredients
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- Free of additives
- It may be too greasy.
Find a natural skin moisturizer in Soulflower’s castor oil. The castor oil has refreshing properties that will keep your face and body rejuvenated. It also has premium conditioning effects that reduce split ends and eliminates dandruff by keeping the scalp hydrated at all times. The oil provides deep nourishment and supports denser and stronger hair growth. You can massage your skin or hair with this oil and add some sunflower oil or olive oil for the best results.
- Suitable for all skin and hair types
- Scalp massage therapy
- Prevents nail chipping
- Some may find the consistency too thin.
The Newish organic cold pressed castor oil is ideal for both men and women. It provides nourishment and hydration for skin and hair, and promotes hair growth. This castor oil for natural hair is made from 100% natural substances and uses the cold-press extraction process. You can expect quick results with this castor oil as it penetrates faster into your hair and skin, encouraging your hair and skin to absorb nutrients more efficiently. For best results, apply the oil by gently rubbing on the base of the hair and leaving it overnight. Wash the castor oil with a mild shampoo.
- Contains vitamins and fatty acids
- Natural ingredients
- Eliminates stretch marks
- People with sensitive skin and skin issues should use the oil with care.
Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Castor Oil is a vegetable oil with healing properties. The oil is cold-pressed and offers the best results when mixed with essential oils. While it has beneficial qualities that fight against hair loss problems, it is also ideal for massages. Proper use of this castor oil further ensures lustrous shiny hair. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that stretch far beyond hair treatment and restoration. The use of this castor oil is also believed to be effective in providing relief to arthritis and rheumatism related pain.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Pain-relieving qualities
- Softens skin
- Hair growth
- It may not be suitable for people with nut allergies
Aloe Veda Distil Castor Oil is a chemical-free product suitable for all skin types and nourishes and hydrates your skin. It is also compatible with all hair types as the rich vitamins and fatty-acids promote hair growth. For best results, beauty experts recommend applying the Aloe Veda castor oil at least 30 minutes before washing your hair. Doing so helps penetrate the oil through the scalp. For an even better result, add a few drops of lavender oil, or mix the Aloe Veda Distil Castor Oil with pure coconut oil or tea tree oil.
- 100% natural
- Contains aloe vera leaf extracts
- It may take a lot of time for results to show.
Oily skin is hard to deal with. You need to be very picky while selecting beauty products and always hope that the pimples won’t magically appear. However, The Yogi Castor Oil is different from most beauty products. It promotes blemish-free skin by helping fight acne and scars and moisturizes your body. In the meantime, the castor oil also helps provide a smooth and even complexion tone by eliminating flaky, dry skin, and pigmentation. Along with skincare, this castor oil also nourishes your hair, lips, and nails.
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, and essential fatty acid
- Includes omega 6
- Reduces pigmentation
- Triple refined
- Can cause the skin to itch on some users
WishCare is a premium castor oil and is among the purest and the best castor oil for hair in India. WishCare 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil contains no fillers, including fragrances, additives, parabens, or GMOs. This all-natural oil treats broken and damaged hair and promotes growth by providing strength to the hair. Even if your hair is damaged due to crown heating, it reverses the damage and instigates hair growth. With just a few drops, it restores hair health and also treats skin damage.
- Roasted and cold-pressed
- Comes with comb applicator
- Moisturizing and hydrating
- Some may find the fumes of the over burnt seed slightly pungent.
By now, you’ve learned that not all castor oils are the same. While some benefit oily skin, others are meant for sensitive skin. Here is a quick guide to further help you understand which castor oil suits you the best.
How To Choose The Best Castor Oil For Hair
- Organic: Choose a 100% pure formula free of synthetic additives, colorants, and chemicals. It is safe for all hair types and is beneficial for effective hair care.
- Cold-Pressed: Look for cold-pressed castor oil as it is extracted with minimal heat, retaining maximum benefits. It is healthier than expeller-pressed castor oil.
- Color: Pure castor oil has a pale yellow color and is thick in consistency. Therefore, pay close attention to the color when buying castor oil.
- Packaging: Castor oil is sensitive to light and heat and can degrade over time. Therefore, look for castor oil that comes packaged in a dark, opaque bottle to shield the content from the detrimental effects of heat.
Castor oil not only improves the health of the hair but also enhances its look. It can help you achieve the thick, lovely tresses of your dream. In the following section, we have dealt with some common hair benefits of using castor oil. Take a look.
Why Is Castor Oil Good For Hair?
- It is rich in ricinoleic acid which stimulates hair follicles, nourishes the scalp, and promotes hair growth.
- It strengthens hair strands and enhances hair elasticity, helping reduce hair breakage.
- It has antifungal and antibacterial properties that help combat scalp infections and eliminate dry flakes from the scalp.
- It helps tame frizz and flyways, imparting a soft and smooth texture to the hair.
Castor oil is an indispensable part of a good hair care routine. However, applying it the wrong way or overusing it can result in greasy hair. Scroll down to find a step-by-step guide for applying the oil to the hair.
How To Apply Castor Oil
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles.
- Pour some castor oil into a bowl and place the bowl in a bigger bowl of warm water.
- Divide your hair into sections and use clips to secure them in place.
- Apply the oil to the roots and work your way down to the length of your hair.
- Massage the oil gently into your scalp with your fingertips.
- Comb your hair once again to distribute the oil evenly on the hair.
- Tie the hair in a bun, wear a shower cap, and wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and let the hair air dry.
Once you step into the mid-20s, this problem becomes even more evident. Thankfully, castor oil provides some hope and relief in helping restore hair. Choosing the right castor oil is crucial in saving your receding hairline and encouraging new growth. So, to help you find a product suitable for you, we have brought together the 10 best castor oil for hair growth in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can castor oil regrow lost hair?
Yes, high-quality castor oil is packed with Vitamin E, fatty acid, and ricinoleic acid, which help to regrow lost hair.
Are there any side effects of using castor oil on hair?
Frequent use of castor oil can cause issues like matting. The oil is heavy, so experts recommend diluting castor oil with other plant-based oils.
Does castor oil help thicken hair?
Castor oil increases blood flow around the scalp and subsequently contributes to hair growth.
Can I apply castor oil directly to my hair?
Yes, you can apply castor oil directly on the scalp and hair.
How long does it take for castor oil to grow hair?
There is no definite time frame. But you can expect to start seeing results in 3 months.
Will castor oil cause my hair to become greasy or weigh it down?
Castor oil is a thick and heavy oil, and when used in excessive amounts or not properly washed out, it causes the hair to become greasy and weighs it down. Make sure to follow the instructions well while applying the hair oil to avoid greasiness.
Can I use castor oil for hair growth if I have a sensitive scalp?
People with sensitive scalp may experience irritation or allergic reactions to castor oil. We recommend performing a patch test before using castor oil for hair growth. If there are no adverse reactions, you can use castor oil for hair growth, but ensure using it in moderation to reduce the risk of irritation.
Can I use castor oil on color-treated or chemically processed hair?
Yes, you may use castor oil on color-treated or chemically processed hair. However, we recommend performing a patch test before applying the oil and applying it sparingly to the ends of the hair to avoid weighing it down or causing buildup.