Cervical traction is a treatment used for neck pain. It involves pulling your head away from your neck to eliminate compression and create expansion (1). This light stretching action relieves pressure on your vertebrae and aligns the placement of spinal discs.
Usually, physicians use this to help you deal with neck arthritis, cervical muscle spasms, and neck sprains. Fortunately, a few brands are offering cervical traction devices that can be used at home whenever you need immediate pain relief.
In this article, we will be talking about 10 best cervical traction devices, types, and benefits. Read on to know more.
Before we proceed to the list, let’s look at the types of neck traction devices available on the market.
Types Of Neck Traction Devices
There are three common types of neck traction devices for home use:
1. Posture Pumps
They are light and portable. These devices are made of durable material and provide the strongest traction. They align the cervical spine without applying pressure on the jaws and the TM muscles.
2. Over The Door Neck Traction
This needs to be installed over a door. You need to put the straps of traction over the chin. This way, the strings are pulled, and your neck is placed in a stable position.
3. Inflated Neck Traction
These are soft pillows filled with air. They take the pressure off the neck and shoulders. They are light and portable. The best part about these devices is that they do not require assembling.
Let’s now take a look at the top 10 cervical traction devices.
Top 10 Cervical (Neck) Traction Devices For Home Use
1. Benefit Neck Traction Device
This cervical collar is a chiropractor pillow that provides comfort and relief to the neck. The traction machine for neck stabilizes the traumatic neck and head injuries and treats a misaligned spinal cord, strains, and sprains. It is designed using non-itchy material that sits comfortably on your neck. The Velcro strap is made extra-large to fit all neck sizes. You can control the amount of air pressure with its adjustable inflation ball. This product also helps people with back and spinal decompression.
- Corrects your posture
- Restores the natural cervical curve
- Provides headache and migraine relief
- Relieves pain from a pinched nerve
- Premium-quality material
2. Duro-Med Over The Door Cervical Traction Device
This cervical traction set is great for physical therapy, neck pain, arthritis, disc bulges, herniations, and more. According to the instructions, the neck traction sling with a pulling force of 20 pounds should be used when starting neck traction. This should continue for 10 to 20 seconds and then released slowly.
- Easy to install
- One size fits all
- Helps treat back curvature or spinal issues
3. ComforTrac Cervical Home Traction Device
This innovative cervical home traction unit is designed to provide maximum comfort, efﬁcacy, and ease of use. The neck stretching device is equipped with a memory pillow that conforms comfortably to the head. Along with that, it also has adjustable neck wedges that provide a custom fit. Their patented hand pump makes it easy to increase or decrease air pressure. The set comes with a lightweight, durable bag so that you can carry it anywhere you want.
- Easy to use
- Very effective
- Fixes all neck issues
- Distributes tension evenly
- Very expensive
4. Dr. Bob’s Portable Neck Traction
Dr.Bob’s Portable cervical Traction machine is an air-inflated neck-stretching device. It provides relief from tightened muscles, joint, and nerve pressure, osteoarthritis, swollen discs, pinched nerves, and headache. This neck therapy device is portable and lightweight and can be taken anywhere. You can use it while working on the computer, traveling, or relaxing.
- Available in three sizes
- Very effective
- Simple and easy to use
- Comfortable thickness
- The material stinks.
5. Aquapro Chiropractic Pillow
This product is suitable for relieving pain from pinched nerves, herniated discs, poor spine alignment, compressed discs, headaches, and jaw joint. The neck hammock gently cradles the neck and removes the pressure and weight of the head. During this process, it corrects the spine alignment, relaxes and rejuvenates the neck and shoulders, and gently stretches the spine. The product is made of premium quality ABS. It is lightweight and portable and easy to store; hence, it is the best traction device for neck pain.
- Convenient to carry anywhere
- Delivers fast results
- Supports neck in various ways
- The bedding is too thick.
6. Cotify Cervical Neck Traction Device
This cervical neck traction device is suitable for improving and correcting the curvature of the cervical spine. It relieves neck pain, shoulder pain, and tightened neck muscles by gently relaxing and stretching and decompressing the neck. The device is made of safe and environmentally friendly materials. The arc design provides maximum physical traction therapy. With just 10-20 minutes of therapy per day, this device can reduce pain and promote blood circulation in the cervical spine
- Soft cushion
- Includes 4 adjustable pillow height settings
- Simple to use
- Availability issues
7. AllSett Health Posture Neck Exerciser
AllSett’s Posture Neck Exerciser provides deep, corrective relief from neck pain, headache, stiffness, and fatigue. It shapes and restores the proper neck curve by decreasing disc bulging and hydrating compressed discs. It also corrects forward head, neck, and upper back posture. You can experience increased flexibility in the comfort of your home. Along with correcting posture, it relieves neck pain, headaches, and stiffness.
- Decreases back humps
- Lifts stretch and separate the neck joints
- Strengthens your skin
- Provides clear instructions
- Easy to store
- A little expensive
8. Pronex Portable Pneumatic Cervical Neck Traction Device
This product is a lightweight, portable, and user-friendly neck traction device. Its unique design corrects a misaligned spine and supports the natural curve of the cervical spine by providing an even distraction in the anterior and posterior cervical discs. With regular use, it helps break the chronic pain cycle. It exerts even force and provides 25 lbs of continuous traction.
- Exerts gentle force
- No pressure on the TM joint
- Supports curvature of the cervical spine
- Availability issues
9. Smartneck Portable Cervical Traction Device
Smartneck Portable Cervical Traction Device relaxes the muscles and targets pressure points to relieve pain and stiffness while improving flexibility. It treats different types of neck pain, tension, and tightness. It is made with 100% cotton with strong cords and heavy-duty hooks. You can simply attach to any door, pole, or railing and use it for 10 minutes a day for noticeable benefits.
- Portable and easy to use
- Highly efficient
- Reasonably priced
- Poor design
- Size issues
10. CuraBea Neck Swing Hammock
CuraBea Neck Swing Hammock is a perfect tool for alleviating neck muscle pain. It is made of ultra-soft, breathable material for maximum comfort. It also features medical-grade adjustable straps with neck cushions. It increases blood flow, mobility, and flexibility. It is perfect for traveling, home, or office use.
- Corrects posture
- Relieves pain in 10 minutes
- Comfortable cushion and support
- Availability issues
These are the top 10 cervical traction devices. Let’s now look at the benefits of these devices.
Benefits Of Cervical Traction
- It helps relax the neck muscles and increases flexibility.
- It alleviates pain from sprains, spasms, and the joints.
- It treats neck injuries, pinched nerves, and cervical spondylosis.
- It stretches the spinal vertebrae gently.
- It creates space between the vertebrae and allows the muscles to relax.
- It improves spine alignment.
- It flattens bulged or herniated disks.
- It pulls the head away from the neck with gentle force.
Cervical traction can be a safe and effective way to relieve neck pain. Remember to talk to your doctor or physical therapist before using these devices at home. They will guide you regarding the best suitable device for your problem and also help you map your improvements.
Try out any of these devices and let us know about your experience in the comments box below.
- How To Fix A Pinched Nerve In The Neck – Causes, Symptoms, And Remedies
- Top 10 Travel Pillows Of 2019 To Help You Manage Your Travel Blues
- 7 Best Cold Therapy Machines
- 10 Best Back Stretches To Relieve Back Pain – 2019
- How To Relieve Neck Pain – Causes And 10 Home Remedies
- 8 Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices For Pain Relief
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 10 Best Mouthwashes For Healthy Teeth And Gums And Fighting Bad Breath - February 11, 2020
- Top 10 Pureology Shampoos – Reviews - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best Castor Oils That Promote Hair Growth - February 11, 2020
- 10 Best (Soft And Hard) Bonnet Hair Dryers Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - February 10, 2020
- 15 Best Drugstore Hair Dyes For At-Home Coloring - February 4, 2020