Picking up a luxurious, statement-making perfume often creates a dent in our pockets. But, today, there are some best cheap perfumes available in the market that smell heavenly and last as long as their pricey counterparts. When we say cheap perfumes, we are sure many think about its quality, sillage, and simply if it is worth it. We are here to make you believe that some affordable perfumes are equally good as expensive ones.
Oriental, floral, woody, citrusy, you name it, there are affordable perfumes that smell good and are available in your preferred fragrance family category. While you will save your hard-earned money, you will also invest in good quality, long-lasting perfume that offers exceptional results. Without a nauseous headache, you can find a perfume that’s not just inexpensive but also smells great.
But it is not wise to buy an economical or the less costly perfume option without proper research. So, our team of perfume experts has narrowed down the search for you, and we bring you the 15 best affordable yet pleasing perfumes that you will fall in love with. Scroll down to find some of the best budget-friendly fragrances right now.
In This Article
The 15 Best Cheap Perfumes For Women – Our Top Affordable Fragrances
1. Best Long-Lasting Formula: Vera Wang Princess Eau De Toilette
Whether you know it or not, there’s a princess inside each of us and it’s time to awaken yours with Vera Wang’s affordable perfume. A bold and youthful perfume for balmy spring days, Princess is an ode to femininity and youth. Opening with delicate notes of water lily, apricot, apple, and mandarin orange, this cheap fragrance brings with it dark chocolate, guava, tiare flower, and tuberose at the heart. This amber-floral super cheap perfume has closing notes of vanilla, wood, and amber for lingering powdery traces. Even the packaging is a magical gem-shaped bottle, and with this cheap perfume, you’ll feel like you’re finally wearing your crown. Its exotic scent and great value for money have made it a favorite among reviewers.
- Amber-floral perfume
- Ideal for daytime in the spring
- Makes for a great gift
- Good longevity
- Suitable for casual wear
- May not be best suited for winter
2. Best Sheer Floral Scent: Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Eau De Toilette
A perfect reminder of old-school glamour, White Diamonds is the best cheap perfume for ladies to make you smell like the star that you are. The first whiff introduces neroli, lily, aldehydes, orange, and bergamot. At the heart of this designer fragrance is a flower bomb waiting to explode in the form of jasmine, ylang-ylang, Egyptian tuberose, narcissus, carnation, Turkish rose, Italian orris root, and cinnamon for that kick of spice. White Diamonds drops the curtains with amber, musk, sandalwood, patchouli, and oakmoss that lend a warm touch to the sweet perfume profile. Spray some of this vintage goodness on your pulse points before a fancy party, or a candlelit dinner for a sultry and fresh floral sillage.
- Sheer floral fragrance
- Ideal for fall and winters
- Suitable for fancy evening occasions
- Subtle and pleasant
- Some may find it too intense
3. Best Feminine Scent: Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum
If you want to be the kind of woman whose confidence knows no bounds and wish to captivate the attention of any room you walk into, this is the best cheap women’s perfume to fast forward you on that path! For a sophisticated woman that’s also playful, the celebrity-endorsed classic scent Killer Queen, inspired by Freddie Mercury, opens with top notes of forest fruit, plum, and bergamot and transitions into jasmine sambac, frangipani, and celosia. To seal the deal, praline, patchouli, and cashmeran add a creamy touch to this celebrity fragrance. Ideal for when you want to show the world who’s boss, wear this cheap long-lasting perfume before your next big presentation or for any special occasion.
- Ideal for fall and winter months
- Good for gifting
- Floral perfume with an oriental twist
- Might be a little too heady for some people
Vera Wang Princess Eau De Toilette
Best Long-Lasting Formula
Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Eau De Toilette
Best Sheer Floral Scent
Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum
Best Feminine Scent
|1.94 x 3.94 x 4.69 inches
|6 x 5 x 4 inches
|5 x 9 x 7 inches
4. Best For Daily Wear: Lucky Brand Lucky You For Women Eau De Toilette
Lucky Brand’s cheap perfume is a mix of fruity florals that opens with notes of water hyacinth, grapefruit, and green leaves for a fresh and earthy twist. As you dig deeper, you’ll find peony, star jasmine, and blue poppy at the heart, which finally dry down to reveal warm base notes of musk, amber, and sandalwood. We think this is the best drugstore floral fragrance for a fun picnic spent frolicking around. Smell like petrichor with powdery and green touches in this aroma that can easily become one of your most memorable perfumes in your floral fragrance collection.
- Soft floral punch
- Wears from day to night
- Light and refreshing
- Perfect for spring
- Not overpowering
- May not offer long-lasting wear
5. Best Cruelty-Free Formula: Pacifica Persian Rose Perfume
Royal and historical vibes are rampant in this best drugstore perfume by Pacifica. One spritz of this cheaper fragrance will transport your senses to the Persian empire. The traditional perfume comprises a blend of Bulgarian rose, myrrh, violet, and delicate fruit. With a naughty twist on the ever-so-classic red rose, the Persian rose is not overly sweet but has an edgy personality with a warm-spicy mix to it. Not only does it feel velvety, but this cheap ladies perfume has a pleasant citrusy side to it which will last for long hours on your skin. Ethically-conscious reviewers also recommend this clean scent as it is not tested on animals. Wear this perfume for summer brunches in the afternoon sun to feel fresh and light.
- Contains essential and natural oils
- Made without parabens, GMOs, and phthalates
- Can be layered with other fragrances
- Recyclable packaging
- Some people may find it to be too sweet-smelling
6. Best Pleasant Citrus Notes: Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum
If you loved Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex And The City, you’ll also be delighted with Lovely, which is one of the best budget perfumes to make you smell like a million dollars! Suited for everyday wear for a woman who believes the world is her runway, this nice, cheap yet celebrity-endorsed perfume will evoke your classy and unrelenting spirit. Top notes of this affordable scent are an elegant mix of bergamot, lavender, martini, mandarin orange, and palisander rosewood. At the heart, Lovely has patchouli, orchid, and narcissus, with base notes of musk, wood, cedar, and amber that complete it. Not only is this elegant scent feminine and fresh, but it’s a low-priced perfume that smells like a designer perfume, and who doesn’t like that?
- Woodsy-musky perfume
- Has citrusy accords
- Soft feminine fragrance
- Crisp and light
- Perfect for spring and summers
- Some may feel like it is best suited for mature ladies
7. Best For Night Time: Guess Seductive Noir
Be seduced by the essence of the Guess Seductive Noir. This amazing fragrance has a touch of sensuality, intensity, and intriguing power that is simply irresistible! The sweet scent of the perfume gives you super luxe feels without creating any holes in your pocket. It is made of rich hints of florals beautifully blended with warm notes. It is composed of top notes of bergamot, sage, peony, along with iris pallida, jasmine sambac, muguet. The fresh floral fragrance blends with the mellow scent of vetiver haiti, white suede, and vanilla to give you lingering afternotes. Reviews on online forums attest that this low cost perfume most certainly evokes a sensual essence and resembles a luxe and high-end scent! Even the packaging adds to the oomph and looks captivating!
- Sweet and warm notes
- Ideal for winter nights
- Comforting fragrance
- Suitable for fancy evening occasions
- Ideal for gifting
- Color-less formula
- Mild fragrance
- Does not last long
8. Best For Luxe Packaging: Versace Eros Pour Femme – Fresh
The Versace Eros Pour Femme is a fragrance of strength, seduction, and individuality! The composition opens with Sicilian lemon, Calabrian bergamot, and pomegranate accords which blend seamlessly with heart notes of sambac jasmine absolute, jasmine infusion, lemon, and peony. The fragrance base notes include sandalwood, musk, ambrox, and various woody notes. This reasonable perfume from the luxurious, celebrity-endorsed brand is perfect for free-spirited, gorgeous women who love a touch of passion to their personality whilst making you fall in love. Its enchanting and captivating essence is trapped in a sexy golden-hued bottle! The perfume’s mythology-inspired design and subtle scent have made it a must-buy for many reviewers.
- Ideal for gifting
- Pleasant fragrance
- Long-lasting formula
- Suitable for a date night
- Attractive packaging
- Captivating strong scent
9. Best For Every Occasion: Instyle Fragrances Inspired by Ralph Lauren’s Romance
The Instyle Fragrances Inspired by Ralph Lauren’s Romance is made with the finest fragrance oils and ingredients! The fragrance is perfect for everyday use. It leaves a mild lingering fragrance trail after a few hours of wear. This vegan formula has mesmerizing notes of freesia, chamomile, and rose mingling along with violet petals and stargazer lily. To add that sensual essence of velvety wood and seductive musk, the perfume closes with sheer wood and musk leaves which makes it suitable for every occasion. It comes in a crystal clear and crisp bottle that allows you to keep a check on the quantity.
- Never tested on animals
- Ideal for everyday use
- Lasts for 3 to 5 hours
- Overpowering and strong fragrance
- Might not be suitable for everyone
10. Best Charismatic Power: The Perfumer’s Workshop Tea Rose Eau De Toilette
A bunch of fresh roses handpicked from your very own garden is what Tea Rose smells like, in all its timeless glory. Why wait for someone to buy flowers, when you can spritz this heavenly long-lasting and inexpensive perfume and smell like the freshest roses ? With the main character of the rose, you also get to meet some citrusy, woody, and white floral accords which don’t have an intense sweetness to add. Even though this cost-effective fragrance is one of the stronger perfumes, you can wear this perfume out for a brunch with your pals or to the movies!
- Superior staying power
- Rose-heavy perfume
- Contains woody and citrusy accords
- Ideal for spring and summer in the daytime
- Some people might find it to be too strong
11. Best For Winter And Fall: Revlon Fire & Ice Eau De Cologne
An amber-citrus hybrid, Fire & Ice is a cheap cologne that smells good and will carry you through chilly days and nights. The first spritz welcomes to your olfactory orange blossom, tangerine, and osmanthus, developing into tuberose, orchid, magnolia and narcissus for a sweet opening act. To warmly embrace the fresh and lively accords, you’ll find amber, musk, incense, and some woody notes at the base for the ultimate oriental scent. It will remind you of warm nights in the fall, and on winter evenings when you’re out Christmas gift shopping, reach out for this good cheap cologne by Revlon!
- Citrus-meets-oriental cologne
- Sweet but warm
- Florals are mellow and not overpowering
- Ideal for winter and fall nights
- Suitable for casual use
- May not be very long-lasting
12. Best For Summer Days: Tempting By Sofia Vergara
The Tempting by Sofia Vergara is a refreshing and intoxicating fragrance that adds a seductive touch to your personality and mood. This effortlessly feminine, celebrity-endorsed fragrance can instantly boost your spirit with its fresh tropical, floral, and fruity notes that seamlessly blend in warm woods, spices, and resins. The scent consists of notes like pineapple, juicy acai berry, mandarin blossom, Colombian passion flower, star jasmine, purple vanilla orchid, vanilla, creamy sandalwood, and caramelized musk. Reviewers rave about the light and airy formula that often lingers on with a sweet ending note. To top it all, the perfume comes in a stunning silhouette shape which adds to the oomph and sensual factor.
- Refreshing fruity fragrance
- Suited for casual wear
- Ideal for gifting
- Sultry and romantic
- Perfect for summer
- Contains alcohol
13. Best Vegan Formula: Clean Classic Skin Eau De Parfum
With lotus blossom and honeydew at the top, , forming a dewy petal and aquatic note, and blue rose at the heart, and vanilla at the base, Clean’s Skin feels like a warm yet enticing hug.This wallet-friendly scent’s delectable aroma is accentuated with some more woodsy elements like white musk, amber and cashmere wood at the bottom, creating a well-rounded fragrance. This clean fragrance is ideal for casual wear, when you’re going to work, or simply running errands around town. Moreover, it is not tested on animals, making it ideal for ethically-conscious fragrance enthusiasts.
- Smells clean and fresh
- Free from phthalates and toxins
- Suitable for spring and summer days
- May not stay on for very long
14. Best Irresistible Scent: LAVANILA Pure Vanilla The Healthy Fragrance
Isn’t there something so deliciously decadent about vanilla? Not just when you eat it, but even its aroma makes your head swirl! For you to smell irresistible, LAVANILA blends pure Madagascar vanilla which soothes and calms your skin, tonka bean, and heliotrope for a creamy yet sultry aura. Made with sugar cane alcohol which makes skin uber-soft, and skin-loving essential oils, this cheap vanilla perfume is enough to get your crush’s attention. Spray on some of this fiery goodness for an evening get-together surrounded by a crackling fire to let the vanilla shine through.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Soft and warm vanilla fragrance
- Free from parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes and fragrances
- Ideal scent for winter months
- Slightly expensive
15. Best For Warm Days: Shakira Dance Eau De Toilette
We all know Shakira’s hips don’t lie, but her nose doesn’t either, because the celebrity-endorsed Dance will become one of your favorite affordable fragrances! Citrusy accords of tangerine, bergamot, grapefruit, and pear on the top dance with the sweetness of peony, lily, neroli, and orange blossom. The comforting base of vanilla, caramel, musk, and wood ends the scent profile on a warm yet aromatic note. Spritz this bold and dominant scent before your next salsa class and watch your confidence skyrocket!
- Ideal for warm days
- Floral-fruity gourmand fragrance
- Caramel accords add creaminess
- Long-lasting wear
- Some people may find the scent to be overly sweet
Cheap perfumes for women are one of the best ways women can introduce themselves to any gathering without having to drop big bucks on the more expensive brands. All you need is to know what to look for and here is where this guide comes in handy.
How To Choose The Perfect Cheap Perfumes For Women
1. Fragrance: You’ve probably noticed after some time that the cheap perfumes tend to fade away. This is because many of the cheap perfumes are made with synthetic perfume oils. You should make sure you are purchasing one that uses essential oils and not synthetic oils. This will ensure that it has more staying power and smells better.
2. Price: Like any other product, cheap perfumes for women can range dramatically in price. Their price depends on many factors like the brand, quality of essential oils, and the amount of alcohol used in the formula. As long as you are getting one that is loaded with quality essential oils and not too much showing off on the bottle, you should be fine.
3. Online Reviews: If you are looking for a great-smelling perfume, start your research online. There is a lot of information out there on perfume ratings and comments from women who know what they are talking about. This can save you a lot of time when trying to find the best cheap perfume as you already have an idea of what to look for in a quality cheap perfume.
4. Sillage: Perfumes with high sillage linger to the highest degree. This means that you would like to go for a scent that lasts long in the air with you throughout the day. A lot of cheap perfumes for women are weak because of the alcohol used in their formula. You would want to look for an oil formula that has more staying power and will last longer.
5. Season: Choose according to the seasons. The perfume fragrance will not be the same in summer, winter, or rainy seasons. So do well research before purchasing since the fragrance will react with your skin differently, depending on the time of the year according to the body temperature. Also, if you are continuously in contact with an air conditioner, you will find it harder to smell the fragrance so opt for a stronger perfume.
Infographic: Factors To Keep In Mind When Buying Cheap Perfumes
The right perfume adds on to your sense of style. But, splurging is not the only way to get the right fragrance to suit your personality. There are various perfumes at several different price points, and you just have to keep in mind certain factors to navigate the vast market of fragrances. Check out the infographic given below for a quick look at those factors.
Spraying on a good, expertly crafted perfume before getting started with your day is an experience in itself. Not only does it make you smell exquisite and complete your whole look, but it also gives you a touch of character, making sure you create precious memories. And, the best part is that you don’t have to shell out all your hard-earned cash to smell luxe. You can very well do it on a (tight!) budget, as our list of the 15 best cheap perfumes will show you how. For example, the Vera Wang Princess Eau De Toilette is long-lasting and is perfect for daytime wear during spring. The Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum is a bold perfume ideal for fall and winter, while the Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum is perfect for spring and summer. Whether you want fresh citrus notes, a field full of fragrant flowers for floral scents, or even a brooding woody perfume, it’s all totally doable with budget fragrances. However, remember to test the perfume before applying to check for skin irritations. Now, stop worrying about your bank account, and get spritzing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do expensive perfumes smell better?
Expensive perfumes are made of premium-quality ingredients with multiple fragrance layers that last longer. Their formulas are skin-friendly too.
Does perfume expire?
Yes, perfumes expire. They have a shelf life of 1-3 years once their seals are broken.
How many perfumes should I have?
That is absolutely your choice! But ideally, something for regular formal wear, something for the nighttime, and a spare for days you want to mix things up a bit. While you choose the perfumes, keep in mind the seasons.
How do I find my signature scent?
Here are some steps to find your signature scent:
• When you go out perfume shopping, try a maximum of three perfumes to avoid overwhelming your senses.
• Decide if you want a fragrance that is citrusy, floral, fruity, musky, oriental, or a mix of these scents.
• Begin with lighter scents that are more aqueous or musky.
• Pay attention to how the perfume is setting in with your body chemistry.
• Check how the perfume smells after some hours, or if it is still around.
How long should I keep perfumes?
Once you have broken the seal, a maximum of three years is how long you should store your fragrances. Also, check the packaging for the expiry date.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Srijani Roy Chowdhury is a beauty and lifestyle enthusiast with a flair for perfumes. She loves trying different perfume brands and has carefully researched many perfumes and reviewed them to help her readers pick the best ones. She believes in using cost-effective perfumes that not only make you smell fabulous but also have every kind of smell you have been looking for in your favorite perfume. Their long-lasting scent and heavenly smell are ideal for people who want the essence of a luxurious scent on a budget.
- Best Woody Perfumes For Women That Are Sultry And Seductive
- Best Vintage Perfumes For Women
- Best Sweet Perfumes