Picking up a luxurious perfume often creates a dent in our pockets. But, today, there are some best cheap perfumes available in the market that smell heavenly and last as long as their pricey counterpart. When we say cheap perfumes, we are sure many think about its quality, sillage, and simply if it is worth it. We are here to make you believe that some affordable perfumes are equally good as expensive ones.
Oriental, floral, woody, citrusy, you name it, there are affordable perfumes that smell good and are available in your preferred fragrance family category. While you will save your hard-earned money, you will also invest in good quality, long-lasting perfume. Without a nauseous headache, you can find a perfume that’s not just inexpensive but also smells great.
But it is not wise to buy a less costly perfume without proper research. So, our team of perfume experts has narrowed down the search for you, and we bring you the 15 best affordable yet pleasing perfumes that you will fall in love with. Scroll down to find your best fragrance right now.
In This Article
The 15 Best Cheap Perfumes For Women – Our Top Affordable Fragrances
1. Best Long-Lasting Formula: Vera Wang Princess Eau De Toilette
Whether you know it or not, there’s a princess inside each of us and it’s time to awaken yours with Vera Wang’s affordable perfume. The perfect fragrance for balmy spring days, Princess is an ode to femininity and youth. Opening with water lily, apricot, apple, and mandarin orange, this cheap fragrance brings with it dark chocolate, guava, tiare flower, and tuberose at the heart. Closing notes are vanilla, wood, and amber for lingering powdery traces. Even the packaging is a magical gem-shaped bottle, and with this cheap perfume, you’ll feel like you’re finally wearing your crown.
- Amber-floral perfume
- Ideal for daytime in the spring
- Makes for a great gift
- Good longevity
- Suitable for casual wear
- May not be best suited for winter
2. Best Sheer Floral Scent: Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Eau De Toilette
A perfect reminder of old-school glamour, White Diamonds is the best cheap perfume for ladies to make you smell like the star that you are. The first whiff introduces neroli, lily, aldehydes, orange, and bergamot. At the heart of this cheap designer, perfume sits a flowery explosion in the form of jasmine, ylang-ylang, Egyptian tuberose, narcissus, carnation, Turkish rose, Italian orris root, and cinnamon for that kick of spice. White Diamonds drops the curtains with amber, musk, sandalwood, patchouli, and oakmoss that lend a warm touch to the sweet perfume profile. Spray some of this vintage goodness on your pulse points before a fancy party, or a candlelit dinner for a sultry sillage.
- Sheer floral fragrance
- Ideal for fall and winters
- Suitable for fancy evening occasions
- Subtle and pleasant
- Some may find it too intense
3. Best Feminine Scent: Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Parfum
If you want to be the kind of woman whose confidence knows no bounds and wish to captivate the attention of any room you walk into, this is the best cheap women’s perfume to fast forward you on that path! For a sophisticated woman that’s also playful, Killer Queen, inspired by Freddie Mercury, this feminine scent opens with top notes of forest fruit, plum, and bergamot and transitions into jasmine sambac, frangipani, and celosia. To seal the deal, praline, patchouli, and cashmeran add a creamy touch. Ideal for when you want to show the world who’s boss, wear this cheap long-lasting perfume before your next big presentation.
- Ideal for fall and winter months
- Good for gifting
- Floral perfume with an oriental twist
- Might be a little too heady for some people
4. Best For Daily Wear: Lucky Brand Lucky You For Women Eau De Toilette
Lucky Brand’s cheap perfume is a mix of fruity florals that opens with notes of water hyacinth, grapefruit, and green leaves for a fresh and earthy twist. As you dig deeper, you’ll find peony, star jasmine, and blue poppy at the heart, which finally dry down to reveal warm base notes of musk, amber, and sandalwood. We think this is the best drugstore fragrance for a fun day spent frolicking around town, and it’ll easily become one of your memorable perfumes.
- Soft floral perfume
- Wears from day to night
- Light and refreshing
- Perfect for spring
- Not overpowering
- May not offer long-lasting wear
5. Best Cruelty-Free Formula: Pacifica Persian Rose Perfume
Royal and historical vibes are rampant in this best drugstore perfume by Pacifica. One spritz will transport your senses to the Persian empire with its scent of Bulgairan rose, myrrh, violet, and delicate fruit. With a naughty twist on the ever-so-classic red rose, Persian Rose is not overly sweet, but has an edgy personality with some spice to it. Not only does it feel velvety, but this cheap ladies perfume has a pleasant citrusy side to it which will last for long hours on your skin. Wear this perfume for summer brunches in the afternoon sun to feel fresh and light.
- Contains essential and natural oils
- Made without parabens, GMOs, and phthalates
- Can be layered with other fragrances
- Recyclable packaging
- Some people may find it to be too sweet-smelling
6. Best Pleasant Citrus Notes: Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum
If you loved Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex And The City, you’ll also be delighted with Lovely, which is one of the best budget perfumes to make you smell like a million dollars! Suited to a woman who believes the world is her runway, this cheap perfume for women will evoke your classy and unrelenting spirit. Top notes are an elegant mix of bergamot, lavender, martini, mandarin orange, and palisander rosewood. At the heart, Lovely has patchouli, orchid, and narcissus, with base notes of musk, wood, cedar, and amber that complete it. Not only is this scent feminine and fresh, but it’s a cheap perfume that smells like designer perfume, and who doesn’t like that?
- Woodsy-musky perfume
- Has citrusy accords
- Soft feminine fragrance
- Crisp and light
- Perfect for spring and summers
- Some may feel like it is best suited for mature ladies
7. Best For Day And Nighttime Use: Paul Sebastian Design Perfume For Women
Paul Sebastian’s amber-floral super cheap perfume starts off with jasmine, tuberose, peach, and orange blossom at the top, slowly evolving into heart notes of gardenia, honeysuckle, lilac, ylang-ylang, carnation, and rose for a soft floral punch. As the nice cheap perfume settles, you’ll find base notes of black currant, sandalwood, musk, and civet for a warm touch to the overall scent profile. This is one of the best affordable perfumes for spring days spent by the riverside or romantic night dates with your partner.
- Suitable for day or night
- Ideal for spring and fall months
- Refreshing scent
- Smells bright and crisp
- Soft and subtle florals
- Might not be long-wearing
8. Best Romantic Scent: Beyonce Heat Eau De Parfum
For all you single (or taken!) ladies out there, let Queen Bey’s Heat be your fragrant superpower! Warm nights in the fall are the perfect time to spritz on some of this fiery goodness that’ll leave you feeling sensual. With top notes of magnolia, peach, orchid, and neroli, the warmth of almonds, musk, macarons, and honeysuckle intermingle for a creamy-sweet symphony. This is one of the best inexpensive perfumes and closes off with amber, tonka bean, and sequoia for a passionate finish.
- Ideal for evening wear
- Sultry and romantic
- Perfect for fall and winters
- Creamy fruity-floral
- Has spicy undertones and balances the sweetness
- May not be best suited for day wear
9. Best For Spring And Summer: Paris Hilton Eau De Parfum
From one of the best cheap perfumes by celebrities comes Paris Hilton’s seductive yet sweet fruity fragrance that embodies the aura of the color ‘pink’, just like its packaging. The top notes open with the dominant scent of apple, melon, and peach, which then give way to the heart of this best-smelling cheap perfume with freesia, mimosa, lily-of-the-valley, tuberose, lily, and jasmine. Some powdery and green touches of oakmoss, ylang-ylang, musk, and sandalwood complete this scent profile to bring a balance to the sugar rush. Spritz some of this best affordable women’s perfume during lively spring and summer days to make your precious memories all the more fragrant.
- Ideal for spring and summer days
- Floral with hints of green and wood
- Not overwhelmingly sweet
- Suited for casual wear
- Scent might fade quickly
10. Best Charismatic Power: The Perfumer’s Workshop Tea Rose Eau De Toilette
A bunch of fresh roses handpicked from your very own garden is what Tea Rose smells like, in all its timeless glory. Why wait for someone to buy you roses when you can spritz this heavenly long-lasting inexpensive perfume? With the main character of the rose, you also get to meet some citrusy, woody, and white floral accords which don’t have an intense sweetness to add. Even though this is one of the stronger perfumes, you can wear this perfume out for a brunch with your pals or to the movies!
- Superior staying power
- Rose-heavy perfume
- Contains woody and citrusy accords
- Ideal for spring and summer in the daytime
- Some people might find it to be too strong
11. Best For Winter And Fall: Revlon Fire & Ice Eau De Cologne
An amber-citrus hybrid, Fire & Ice is a cheap cologne that smells good and will carry you through chilly days and nights. The first spritz welcomes to your olfactory orange blossom, tangerine, and osmanthus, developing into tuberose, orchid, magnolia and narcissus for a sweet kick. To warmly embrace the fresh and lively accords, you’ll find amber, musk, incense, and some woody notes at the base for the ultimate oriental scent. On winter evenings when you’re out Christmas gift shopping, reach out for this good cheap cologne by Revlon!
- Citrus-meets-oriental cologne
- Sweet but warm
- Florals are mellow and not overpowering
- Ideal for winter and fall nights
- Suitable for casual use
- May not be very long-lasting
12. Best Sweet Fragrance: Giorgio Beverly Hills Red Eau De Toilette
Want to smell like petrichor? Simply grab Red by Giorgio Beverly Hills. A sweet opening act of natural ingredients like cherry, ylang-ylang, aldehydes, hyacinth, orange blossom, peach, osmanthus, black currant, and bergamot will grace your senses. At the heart of this best budget cologne lie carnation, tuberose, rose, jasmine, iris, gardenia, lily-of-the-valley and litchi for a flower bomb waiting to explode. The dry-down features a warm-spicy mix of sandalwood, oakmoss, myrrh, vetiver, patchouli, tonka bean, olibanum, cedar, and vanilla.
- Blend of woody, spicy, and floral
- Perfect for fall and winters
- Soft and warm scent
- Suitable for longwear
- Freshness from the florals adds a twist
- Might be a little too heady for some
13. Best Vegan Formula: Clean Classic Skin Eau De Parfum
With lotus blossom and honeydew at the top, dewy petals, aquatic nose, and blue rose at the heart, and vanilla at the base, Clean’s Skin feels like a warm yet enticing hug. A delectable aroma is added by some more woodsy elements like white musk, amber and cashmere wood at the bottom, creating a well-rounded fragrance. This clean fragrance is ideal for casual wear, when you’re going to work, or simply running errands around town.
- Smells clean and fresh
- Free from phthalates and toxins
- Suitable for spring and summer days
- May not stay on for very long
14. Best Irresistable Scent: LAVANILA Pure Vanilla The Healthy Fragrance
Isn’t there something so deliciously decadent about vanilla? Not just when you eat it, but even its aroma makes your head swirl! For you to smell irresistible, LAVANILA blends pure Madagascar vanilla which soothes and calms your skin, tonka bean, and heliotrope for a creamy yet sultry aura. Made with sugar cane alcohol which makes skin uber-soft, and skin-loving essential oils, this cheap vanilla perfume is enough to get your crush’s attention. Spray some of this warm fragrance at an evening get-together surrounded by a crackling fire to let the vanilla shine through.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Soft and warm vanilla fragrance
- Free from parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes and fragrances
- Ideal scent for winter months
- Slightly expensive
15. Best For Warm Days: Shakira Dance Eau De Toilette
We all know Shakira’s hips don’t lie, but her nose doesn’t either, because Dance will become one of your favorite affordable fragrances! Citrusy accords of tangerine, bergamot, grapefruit, and pear on the top dance with the sweetness of peony, lily, neroli, and orange blossom. The comforting base of vanilla, caramel, musk, and wood ends the scent profile on a warm yet aromatic note. Spritz this bold and youthful perfume before your next salsa class and watch your confidence skyrocket!
- Ideal for warm days
- Floral-fruity gourmand fragrance
- Caramel accords add creaminess
- Long-lasting wear
- Some people may find the scent to be overly sweet
Cheap perfumes for women are one of the best ways women can introduce themselves to any gathering without having to drop big bucks on the more expensive brands. All you need is to know what to look for and here is where this guide comes in handy.
How To Choose The Perfect Cheap Perfumes For Women
1. Fragrance: You’ve probably noticed after some time that the cheap perfumes tend to fade away. This is because many of the cheap perfumes are made with synthetic perfume oils. You should make sure you are purchasing one that uses essential oils and not synthetic oils. This will ensure that it has more staying power and smells better.
2. Price: Like any other product, cheap perfumes for women can range dramatically in price. Their price depends on many factors like the brand, quality of essential oils, and the amount of alcohol used in the formula. As long as you are getting one that is loaded with quality essential oils and not too much showing off on the bottle, you should be fine.
3. Online Reviews: If you are looking for a great-smelling perfume, start your research online. There is a lot of information out there on perfume ratings and comments from women who know what they are talking about. This can save you a lot of time when trying to find the best cheap perfume as you already have an idea of what to look for in a quality cheap perfume.
4. Sillage: Perfumes with high sillage linger to the highest degree. This means that you would like to go for a scent that lasts long in the air with you throughout the day. A lot of cheap perfumes for women are weak because of the alcohol used in their formula. You would want to look for an oil formula that has more staying power and will last longer.
5. Season: Choose according to the seasons. The perfume fragrance will not be the same in summer, winter, or rainy seasons. So do well research before purchasing since the fragrance will react with your skin differently, depending on the time of the year according to the body temperature. Also, if you are continuously in contact with an air conditioner, you will find it harder to smell the fragrance so opt for a stronger perfume.
Spraying on a good perfume before getting started with your day is an experience in itself. Not only does it complete your whole look, it adds to it some character that comes along with you wherever you go. And, the best part is that you don’t have to shell out all your hard-earned cash to smell luxe. You can very well do it on a (tight!) budget, as our list of the 15 best cheap perfumes will show you how. Whether you want fresh citrus notes, a field full of fragrant flowers for floral scents, or even a brooding woody perfume, it’s all totally doable with budget fragrances. Now, stop worrying about your bank account, and get spritzing!
Infographic: Factors To Keep In Mind When Buying Cheap Perfumes
The right perfume adds on to your sense of style. But, splurging is not the only way to get the right fragrance to suit your personality. There are various perfumes at several different price points, and you just have to keep in mind certain factors to navigate the vast market of fragrances. Check out the infographic given below for a quick look at those factors.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan is a beauty and lifestyle enthusiast with a flair for perfumes. She loves trying different perfume brands and has carefully researched many perfumes and reviewed them to help her readers pick the best ones. She believes in using cost-effective perfumes that not only make you smell fabulous but also have every kind of smell you have been looking for in your favorite perfume. Their long-lasting scent and heavenly smell are ideal for people who want the essence of a luxurious scent on a budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do expensive perfumes smell better?
Expensive perfumes are made of premium-quality ingredients with multiple fragrance layers that last longer. Their formulas are skin-friendly too.
Does perfume expire?
Yes, perfumes expire. They have a shelf life of 1-3 years once their seals are broken.
How many perfumes should I have?
That is absolutely your choice! But ideally, something for regular formal wear, something for the nighttime, and a spare for days you want to mix things up a bit. While you choose the perfumes, keep in mind the seasons.
How do I find my signature scent?
Here are some steps to find your signature scent:
• When you go out perfume shopping, try a maximum of three perfumes to avoid overwhelming your senses.
• Decide if you want a fragrance that is citrusy, floral, fruity, musky, oriental, or a mix of these scents.
• Begin with lighter scents that are more aqueous or musky.
• Pay attention to how the perfume is setting in with your body chemistry.
• Check how the perfume smells after some hours, or if it is still around.
How long should I keep perfumes?
Once you have broken the seal, a maximum of three years is how long you should store your fragrances. Also, check the packaging for the expiry date.
- Best Woody Perfumes For Women That Are Sultry And Seductive
- Best Vintage Perfumes For Women
- Best Sweet Perfumes