15 Best Clip-In Hair Extensions That Give Volume & Length
Experiment with many hair looks with these accessories and add length to your tresses!
Finding and setting the best clip-in hair extensions that match your hair texture and color, can reduce your salon expenses. Clip-in extensions are easy to put on by yourself and once in place, they can completely transform your tresses, giving it volume, length, or both! Also called artificial hair integrations, these extensions can be made out of synthetic hair or natural human hair.
The trickiest part of finding the right extensions for you is getting the color and the quality right. To make the task easier for you, we have carefully selected the best-reviewed and most well-crafted 15 clip-in hair extensions. So, if you want to experience the easiest way to get celeb-like hair, check out our list now!
In This Article
15 Best Clip-In Hair Extensions
Best Quality:GOO GOO Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions
The GOO GOO Remy Clip-in Hair Extensions consist of 100% human hair extension bundles. They give you a salon-quality look. One pack of the GOO GOO Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions contains a total of seven pieces with 16 clips, each weighing 120 grams. One set would do for thick hair, while thin hair needs two sets for a fuller look.
Each weft is hand-made, breathable, and comfortable to wear. It does not fall out easily. You won’t feel any heaviness. The high-quality clips are made with silicone that offers a tight grip and prevents slipping. These stainless steel clips are easy to wash and come with a color that matches your hair. These 9A quality clip-in hair extensions come in a variety of fashionable colors to suit various needs and complexions. Right from ombre dark brown fading to light brown and ash blonde, all of them easily blend with your own hair. Comb your hair, brush the clip-in hair extensions to remove all knots and tangles, and start clipping in to match your hair color.
- Great quality hair extensions
- Super soft
- Easily match with your hair color
- Hand-made wefts
- Straight, thick texture from top to bottom
- 9A quality grade wefts
- Available in vibrant colors
- Money-back guarantee
- May change texture after just one wash.
Best For Highlights:EuTengHao Colored Curly Hair Extensions
EuTengHao Curly Hair Extensions are available in over thirty different colors and are very easy to apply. They don’t smell bad and haven’t been chemically processed, making them an excellent option for beginners and hair extension enthusiasts. They are available in eight gradient shades, ranging from purple to light purple, black to rose red, peach blossom red to sakura pink, blue to mint blue, and more. They require a small amount of gentle shampoo and conditioner for timely cleaning and maintenance. These extensions are the perfect choice for daily dress-up, festivals, clubs, parties, or any other occasions.
- Available in various shades
- Easy to apply
- No bad fragrance
- Convenient to use
- Suitable for adults and kids
- May get tangled
- Slightly low quality
Best Glossy Look:Vario Clip-In Hair Extensions
The Vario Clip-In Hair Extensions are made from 99% real human hair with cuticles in the same direction as real hair. The extensions are extra thick and offer a glossy look. They consist of double wefts with no tangles that give you a natural look.
The Vario clip-in hair extensions come with 17 clips, with each weighing 120 grams. The stainless clips come in the same hair color as your hair, giving you a natural look. They are easy to wear and are covered with a layer of soft rubber to protect your scalp from any injury.
- 99% human hair
- No tangles
- No shedding
- Premium quality stainless steel clips
- Seamless look
- Easy to change the style
- Easy to wear
- Thick double weft
- 9A grade Brazilian hair
- Very thin texture
Best Reusable:My-Lady Double Weft 100% Remy Human Hair Clip-in Extensions
My-Lady is known for supplying the best quality clip-in hair extensions under a sterile environment for over 15 years. These hair extensions are made of 7A grade quality 99% pure human hair with no tangles, knots, or shedding. They have a shelf life of 6-12 months.
These double weft hair extensions give a voluminous look. They are fairly easy to install . The stainless steel clips are easy to wash, easy to wear, and match the natural hair color. You can easily clip-in the extensions in under 5 minutes.
- Double weft
- Made of 99% pure human hair
- No tangles, knots, or shedding
- Stainless hair clips
- Easy to install
- Durable hair extensions
- 1-year shelf life
- Available in different colors
- Not soft
- Good for limited uses
Best Natural Color Range:UNICE Brazilian Virgin Hair U Shape Clips-in Half Wig
The UNICE Brazilian U Shape Clip-In hair extensions are created from 100% Brazilian Virgin Human Hair. It is soft, bouncy, and incredibly comfortable to wear. You can dye, perm, bleach, highlight, straighten, and shape the clip-ins just like your natural hair. It is an invisible U-part half-wig that will give your hair density and thickness without requiring time-consuming glue application, making it more practical and fast.
- Appears invisible
- Soft and bouncy
- Suitable for straight hair
- Adds depth and volume to hair
- Thin texture
Best Durable:Full Shine Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions
The Full Shine Remy Clip-In Hair Extensions are double weft Remy hair cuticles made of 100% high-quality Brazilian hair. They are durable, thick, super soft, frizz-free, and blend well with your own hair. These clip-in hair extensions contain high-quality non-slip stainless steel clips firmly sewed in wefts.
The same hair-colored clips are easy to wear and look invisible without damaging fine hair. You can use the stainless clips to clip-in and clip-out over 1000 times. They do not rust.
- High-quality stainless steel clips
- Durable double weft
- 100% high-quality Brazilian hair
- Clips firmly sewed in wefts
- Easy to wear
- Blends well with hair quality
- Available in different colors
- Clips slip when loosely tugged.
Best Tangle-Free:Easyouth Clip-in Real Human Hair Extensions
These Easyouth Clip-in Real Human Hair Extensions are made from high-quality genuine human hair that mimics your natural hair. They are shed-free and tangle-free and subtly merge into your hair. They are easy to use and remove and do not damage your hair. You can straighten, curl, and even color them, but you should avoid bleaching them.
- No split ends
- Easy to wear and remove
- Real human hair
Best For All-Day:Moresoo Clip-in Human Hair Extensions
Moresoo Clip-in Real Human Hair Extensions use ultra-thin poly skin materials that mimic your skin and are an easy way to alter your appearance. Hundred percent of human hair is used in creating these clip-ins, which helps maintain its natural toughness and smoothness. They can be straightened or curled, and you can wear these hair extensions without any issue even if you’re a beginner. Normally, donning extensions for longer than three hours gives headaches, but these are comfortable enough to wear all day long. No matter how thin or thick your hair is, these will blend in so well that you won’t even be able to tell.
- 100% human hair
- Easily blends with natural hair
- Might be low quality
Best Rust-Resistant:AmazingBeauty Hair Clip-In Curly Hair Extensions
If you wish to have curly hair with a lot of coils, the Amazing Beauty Hair Clip-In Curly Hair Extensions could be the right choice. It is made with 100% Remy human hair and 3A and 4A kinky screw curls that add a lot of volume. They are tighter than the Jerie curly texture but looser than the Afro curly texture.
This type of hairstyle gives a fluffy, dense, springy, and voluminous look. This Virgin Remy human hair is easy to wash, cut, or dye. You can also straighten it. The stainless steel clip is securely attached to each hair strand and is pretty easy to install without any hassles. This easy clip-on hair extension blends well into natural hair and offers a seamless look within minutes. These hair extensions have a shelf life of 3-12 months, depending on the usage.
- 100% Remy human hair
- Provides 3A and 4A kinky screw curls
- Easy to install
- Easy to slide away when not in use
- Stainless steel clips
- Blends well with natural hair
- Short-length extensions
- Low volume hair extensions
Best For African American Hair:AmazingBeauty Yaki Hair Clip-Ins Black Hair Extensions
The AmazingBeauty Yaki Hair Clip-Ins Black Hair Extensions are specifically designed for African American hair. The weight of each extension set is 120 grams. The Yaki hair is designed to blend seamlessly into your natural hair. It gives the desired volume and length.
These hair extensions are made of the highest quality Remy human hair. They keep the cuticles intact from top to bottom. Each premium quality hair strand is crafted nicely for minimal shedding. These extensions can be washed, dried, and styled in just 5-10 minutes without any hassles. The stainless steel clips are silicone-coated and rust-resistant.
- 100% Remy human hair
- Silicone-coated clips for better hold
- Suitable for African American Hair types
- Hassle-free installation
- Easy to wash and dry
- Made with non-damaging material
- Minimal shedding
- Blends easily with natural hair
- Intact hair cuticle
- Too silky
Best Volume:Sensationnel Curls Kinks and Co. Textured Clip-in
Textured clip-ins from Sensationnel Curls Kinks and Co. help to give amazing length and volume to your natural hair. It comes in a package of 9 clip-in pieces with 4 weft lengths to add volume and create layers. It has secure silicone-lined clips and is made entirely of premium fiber, which remarkably blends in with your natural hair. The clip-ins flawlessly replicate the soft hair texture for a seamless fusion with 3B–4C hair types. It works well as a protective style, is simple to install, and comes in basic single-colors and two-tone colors.
- Seamlessly blends with your natural hair
- Available in single and two-tone colors
- 4 weft lengths
- Soft texture
- Adds intense volume
- Has a slightly bad smell
Best Heat-Resistant:Reecho Full Head Curly Synthetic Hair Extensions
Reecho is the new generation brand of curly clip-in hair extensions. They are made of heat-resistant synthetic fiber that can be styled as per your wish. You can style them by applying heat of up to 250o-270o Fahrenheit. It has a matte look, and you need 2 to 3 minutes to wear the one-piece hair extension.
However, these are synthetic hair extensions. They may get tangled after 2-3 uses, and hence, they need more care. These could build static in winters. Using a spray bottle filled with a conditioner can prevent this.
- Heat-resistant synthetic fiber
- 5 clips-in-one synthetic hair extensions
- Easy to wear in 2-3 minutes
- Available in mixed colors for an ombre look
- Synthetic fiber may get tangled.
- Need additional care
- May look like artificial doll hair.
- Can’t be styled
Best Party Wear:S-noilite Clip-in Human Hair Extensions
The S-noilite Clip-in Human Hair Extensions are created from 100% real human hair that looks natural. The human hair instantly catches the eyes due to its unique sheen. These standard weft extensions are of high quality and have natural glossy hair that is smooth, soft, bouncy, silky, and neat. Using hair extensions is an easy and quick way to change your hairstyle without having to wait a long time for natural hair growth. These extensions can merge organically with your hair and are ideal for everyday use, dates, concerts, weddings, or vacations.
- 100% real human hair
- Blends well with natural hair
- Soft and silky
Best Easy-To-Wear Synthetic Hair:OneDor Full Head Clip-In Synthetic Hair Extensions
The OneDor Full Head Clip-In Synthetic Hair Extensions are made of 100% Korean high-quality synthetic heat-resistant fibers. These can withstand temperatures around 270o to 300o Fahrenheit. Each hair strand is 20 inches long, 9 inches wide, and weighs 5 ounces.
Each synthetic curly hair extension has five clips attached and is pretty easy to wear. You also can carry it around comfortably without it shedding off. The hair extensions can be permed, straightened, washed, and restyled.
- 5 clips in one extension
- 100% Korean synthetic hair
- Premium quality attached clips
- Easy to wear
- Comfortable to carry
- Can be restyled
- Available in different tones of colors
- Need extra care to keep them tangle-free
- Hard clips
- Difficult to unclip
- The color of the extensions may not totally match with hair.
Best Lightweight:FESHFEN Short Synthetic Pixie Cut Wig
The FESHFEN Short Pixie Cut Wig is the answer to all your problems if you are suffering from gray hair, battling with a bad haircut, or just want to see how short hair would look on you without cutting your hair. It is a nicely textured synthetic hairdo with layers and wispy bangs. Additionally, a contoured neckline provides coverage where it is most needed. The exposed wefting in the hat improves airflow, which makes the scalp feel cooler.
For a more relaxed fit, it is lightweight and breathable. This face-framing wig is pre-styled, ready to wear, and carefully tailored to fit comfortably and safely around the head. It is ideal for everyday use, dance parties, cosplay, concerts, halloween, and other occasions.
- Impeccably tailored
- Feels like natural hair
- Easy to put on
This is the list of the top quality clip-in hair extensions you can try. These can help you achieve a voluminous look within minutes. Apart from clip-ins, hair extensions are available in other types as well. We will look at them in the following section.
What Are The Best Types Of Hair Extensions?
Most hair extensions are made of 100% Remy human hair that gives a natural look. The market also has synthetic hair extensions. These extensions are available in any of the following types:
- Clip-Ins: Clip-in wefts (also known as clip-in hair extensions) come as a strand of contoured pieces attached to a stainless steel silicone-coated clip at the base. You need to clip each strand with your own hair to give a healthy, fuller look. You can easily clip-in and unclip these extensions whenever you want.
- Sew-Ins: Sew-in extensions (also known as weave-in extensions) involve an age-old process of sewing artificial hair into your natural hair. Using a needle and thread, the hair extensions are weaved into the braids to increase the thickness and volume of natural hair. It is a long process and can strain the scalp. Such extensions can also be quite uncomfortable to carry.
- Tape-Ins: Tape-ins are much thicker bonded extensions that give you the perfect, thick hair you wanted. The extensions are pre-taped and then taped/glued together on either side of your own hair by using high heat tools.
- Glue-Ins: Gluing-in is an expensive method to increase your hair volume. Artificial hair strands are attached by melting a plastic keratin bond to the size of a grain of rice around your natural strand. These extensions are a permanent solution to increase hair thickness and volume.
If you are using hair extensions for the first time, the following section may help you.
How To Install Clip-In Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are perfect bonded extensions that are easy to install, carry, and unclip whenever you want. Follow these steps for proper installation:
- Use your fingers to make sure your natural hair is dry and tangle-free.
- Section off hair, after leaving a 1-inch gap from the nape of your neck.
- Keep sectioning off hair on both the sides of your head. At the back of your head, section off the bottom part and clip up the rest of your hair.
- Select the weft of hair.
- Open up the clips on the first weft.
- Always attach the middle clip first. Comb your natural hair, and then snap the clip shut. Check whether the attachment is secure.
- Snap the clip close and use your fingers to smooth out the hair.
- Repeat with the clips on the left and right side of the weft.
- Attach another weft in the same process as the first.
- Make a horizontal part to attach the smaller side pieces above the ear. You can attach the remaining wefts the same way.
Installing clip-in hair extensions is simple. However, it is important to choose the right extension that suits your needs. In the following section, we have discussed the factors you need to check before you can pick one.
How To Choose The Best Hair Extensions For You
- Decide the length you want to extend your hair by. Clip-in hair extensions work best if your natural hair is at least 10 cm long.
- Decide how much volume you want. You must know your hair type (thick or thin) before you can add volume. If you have thin or medium-thick hair, you can go with standard extension sets weighing 100-120g (depending on the extension length). If you have thick hair, you need go for slightly heavier extensions.
- Choose the right color as per your natural hair color and texture.
- If you want a natural hair look, choose natural hair extensions. Though expensive, they are more durable than their synthetic counterparts and also have a good shelf life.
Most of us love the idea of experimenting with our hair but are afraid to cut or color it so often. The best clip-in hair extensions are a quick and easy way to get new hairstyles or looks within minutes. These are available in multiple lengths, colors, and textures to suit different hairstyles. There are various types of clip-ins available that you can opt for, depending on your choice. But, most of these are easy to wear, heat-resistant so that you can style them, and made of good-quality synthetic fibers. Do consider factors such as color, length, hair type, and durability before investing in one of these products.
Janine Jarman, celebrity stylist, founder of Curl Cult, and owner of Hairroin Salon in Los Angeles, says “It is important not to sleep or swim in clip in extensions as it will cause breakage and lessen the life span of them.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Oyendrila Kanjilal, is a certified skin care coach who is also a hair care enthusiast. She consulted several online forums and directed hours of research to list the best clip-in hair extensions. She went through thousands of reviews to hand-pick the best products keeping in mind the quality, volume, length, and color of these extensions. These hair extensions are easy to wear and a real treat for those that want to style their hair frequently without causing damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should you wear clip-in hair extensions?
Wear clip-in hair extensions for as long as you want in a day. But remove them before sleep to prevent damaging the extension and tearing your natural scalp.
What kind of hair extensions are the best?
Clip-in hair extensions are the best. They are user-friendly and affordable. In addition, these extensions can be styled easily and are long-lasting.
How long do hair extensions last?
The shelf life of clip-hair extensions is two to three months. They tend to wear out after that and become difficult to set.
Do clip-in hair extensions damage the hair?
Yes. Daily use of clip-in hair extensions can disrupt natural hair growth and cause breakages. Heavy extensions also cause scalp pain.
How do you wash hair extensions?
• Use a wide-toothed comb and brush the extension to remove tangles and knots.
• Fill your sink with warm water and mix two to three drops of moisturizing shampoo.
• Hold the extension taut and immerse the hair in the soapy water.
• Apply your desired amount of shampoo to the extension and cleanse them thoroughly.
• Apply a conditioner and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Place your extension under running water and wash the leftover products.
• Gently squeeze the extension to remove the excess water.
• Use a comb to brush the extension gently and smoothen the knots.
• Hang the extension in a well-ventilated area and air dry it.
- Top Kinky Hair Extension Brands
- Best Hair Extensions – Get Soft And Beautiful Hair
- Best Clip-In Hair Extensions for African-American Hair
- Best Extensions For Very Short Hair