A face powder is a must-have beauty accessory. It is a magical fix to smoothen the face, get rid of unwanted shine, and even out the skin tone. Face powders are available either in loose or pressed forms. Loose face powder comes in a fine form and is available in small tubs. It is applied with the help of a makeup brush or powder puff.
Pressed powder or compact powder, on the other hand, generally comes in small cases with a mirror on one side and the pressed powder cake on the other. Compact powders come with either a powder puff or makeup sponge for application. They are also travel-friendly because of their portability and are the perfect choice for touch-ups.
Top 10 Compact Powders For Dry Skin
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation
- MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Clinique Almost Powder
- Inglot YSM Powder
- Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
- Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation
- NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation SPF 24
1. BareMinerals Original Foundation
The BareMinerals Original Foundation looks like a powder and feels like a cream. It provides coverage like that of a foundation and sets your makeup like a powder. Its mineral-based composition provides a naturally luminous finish. A user stated, “Will never use anything else. It’s light, smooth, and natural.”
- Creamy mineral formula improves the appearance of the skin over time.
- It is a one step product.
2. MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
The Studio Careblend Pressed Powder is a cream-like compact powder, ideal for dry skin. It glides on the skin smoothly and evenly. It provides sheer to medium coverage while providing nourishment and leaving the skin conditioned. This, definitely, is one of the best compact powders for dry skin. “I am blown away by the results of this powder! It is a favorite in my kit”, says an expert.
- Natural looking, leaves the skin conditioned.
- Gives a smooth finish.
3. Clinique Almost Powder
It provides a gorgeous look and feel to your skin. It gives the perfect no makeup look and the long-wear formula helps to keep the pores out of trouble. It delivers a sheer to medium coverage and gives a flawless finish. “It does not look cakey or powdery. It leaves the skin looking like skin”, said a user.
- Provides a smooth and flawless look.
- Comes along with a sponge.
- Long-wearing up to seven hours.
[ Read: Best Primers For Dry Skin ]
4. Inglot YSM Powder
- Great for touch-ups.
5. Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder
The HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder gives a radiant and healthy glow to your skin. It is the first anti-aging powder that has skin care built in, with minerals and amino acids and a powerful peptide that provide anti-aging benefits. This powder also revitalizes the skin and provides hydration. It comes in the form of pressed powder combined with a loose powder. “I loveeeeeee this powder. Doesn’t cake your face. Perfect setting powder”, says a user.
- Provides hydration to the skin.
- Does not look cakey or powdery.
- Provides less coverage as compared to others.
6. Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder
The soft, luminous loose powder helps to set the foundation in place and provides moisturizing benefits while controlling the shine on the face. The antioxidants in the powder soothe the skin and reduce redness in the face all day long. “Amazing! Makes my foundation last like no other powder I’ve tried without irritating or drying my skin. definitely recommended”, says a user.
- The moisturizing benefits make your skin smooth.
- Reduces redness on the face.
- Controls the shine.
- Does not come with a sponge/brush.
[ Read: Best Foundations For Dry Skin ]
7. Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
The Smooth Finish Foundation Powder is silky and smooth. It offers a natural finish that makes your skin glow and stays true to your skin tone. It glides on the skin effortlessly and contains conditioning agents such as vitamin E and shea butter that hydrate the skin. It is a lightweight compact and delivers sheer to medium coverage. You can also use it wet for a buildable coverage. “This powder gives great coverage that floats on your skin, making it look soft focused and flawless”, says an expert.
- Long-wearing up to eight hours.
- Can be used wet or dry.
8. Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
The versatile Pro Finish Multi-Use Foundation by Make Up For Ever can be used as both a foundation and powder. The unique formula provides buildable coverage and gives a natural matte finish. It is lightweight and blends seamlessly with the skin. It also prevents dehydration and stays on the skin for long. “A wonderful powder as it not only hydrates the skin but also gives a no makeup look feel”, says an expert.
- Comes along with a sponge.
- Gives a natural matte finish.
- Super lightweight and comfortable.
9. Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation
Now you can master the demi-matte and full coverage look that lasts all day long. It provides a velvety formula that is extremely weightless on the skin, and the coverage is buildable. It diffuses light and blurs out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It creates a radiant no makeup look, which looks natural and fresh. “A must-have in the makeup bag. Nice, smooth and perfect glow!”, stated a user.
- Demi-matte finish.
- Velvety finish and weightless.
10. NARS All Day Luminous Powder Foundation SPF 24
The All Day Luminous Powder Foundation glides on smoothly on the skin like velvet. Its lightweight formula imparts a smooth and even look to the skin while making it look extremely natural. It provides medium coverage and protects from the harmful sun rays with SPF 24. It can be applied either wet or dry. “Light and great coverage, and what I love the most is that it has SPF 24! Looks good and protects the skin at the same time”, says an expert.
- Long-wearing up to 12 hrs.
- Offers sun protection due to the presence of SPF.
*Subject to Availability
These were our picks for the best compacts for dry skin. Give them a try, and let us know how you liked them in the comments section.
- 2 Effective Homemade Moisturizers For Dry Skin
- Best Toners For Dry Skin – Our Top 10
- 10 Simple Remedies For Treating Dry Skin Acne
- 7 Best Shampoos for Dry And Damaged Hair In India
- Care for Dry Hair From Your Kitchen
Latest posts by Afsha Rangila (see all)
- 5 Easy Steps To Blend Eyeshadows Perfectly –A Step By Step Tutorial - August 24, 2014
- How To Get The Perfect Lip Shape: A Step-By-Step Tutorial - August 6, 2014
- How To Prevent Lipstick From Smudging - July 28, 2014
- Angelina Jolie Eye Makeup: A Step By Step Tutorial - July 18, 2014
- Gorgeous Makeup For College Girls – A Step-By-Step Tutorial - June 21, 2014