10 Best Concealers For Oily Skin You Need Right Now
Enhance your makeup base to ace the matte looks for your parties and dates.
Oily skin does not show signs of aging as quickly as the other skin types. But it has a series of other problems that need delicate care. Hence, choosing the best concealers for oily skin is ideal. Concealers are wonderful makeup products that help cover dark circles, acne scars, spots, and blemishes. They come in handy to give your face an even-toned complexion and are a must-have. But getting one for the oily skin type is tricky.
The perfect concealer for oily skin controls excessive sebum production and shine. It should be oil-free and enriched with moisturizing ingredients. To get flawless coverage that ensures your makeup stays in place long after its application, check out our favorite foundations that cater to different skin tones. Scroll down to discover the 10 best concealers for oily skin that you will surely want to add to your collection.
In This Article
Top 10 Best Concealers For Oily Skin Of 2023
1. Best Long-Lasting Formula:Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer – Cocoa
Who doesn’t love flawless skin! Here is an oil-free liquid concealer by Maybelline New York that ensures the same. This Cocoa hue concealer masks blemishes, spots, and redness with just a swipe, giving your skin an even complexion. This is a non-comedogenic concealer that prevents clogged pores. Most importantly, it is ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested and, thus, is non-toxic and safe to use. With its natural coverage and effortless blendability, this one turns out to be a good concealer for oily skin.
- Wider shade range
- Fresh and flawless look
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Available in different quantities
- Might not conceal breakouts
2. Best Quick-Dry Formula:e.l.f. 16 Hr Camo Concealer – Light Peach
Looking for a 100% vegan concealer for oily skin? Then, this may be the right choice. Suitable for all skin types, this oil-free and non-comedogenic concealer provides full coverage. It gives a lightweight matte finish without forming cracks or creases on your skin. The best part about this liquid concealer for acne-prone oily skin is its long-lasting effect, which means a single application will last for up to 16 hours without smudging. With a doe-foot applicator tool, you can apply this formula to cover your imperfections and then blend it using a beauty brush or sponge. It is the best concealer for oily skin.
- Quick-dry formula
- 100% cruelty-free
- Available in different shades
- Free of parabens and other chemicals
- Conceals wrinkles, fine lines, and acne
- Might be slightly difficult to blend
3. Best Hypoallergenic Option:Almay Clear Complexion Concealer – Light/Medium
Looking for a cruelty-free concealer? Well, say hello to this Clear Complexion Concealer by Almay! This liquid concealer for oily skin is formulated with opaque dyes and maximum-strength salicylic acid that not only covers blemishes but also prevents acne, calluses, and blisters. It contains chamomile and aloe extracts, which leave a calming and soothing effect on your skin. With its creamy formula, this oil-free concealer can be used alone or over your foundation. Watch this video to get a detailed review of the product.
- Creamy and matte finish
- Available in 6 unique shades
- Blends and conceals beautifully
- May have a thick consistency
4. Best Dermatologist-Tested:Tarte Amazonian Clay Concealer – Light
Are you looking for a long-lasting concealer for your oily skin? Then, this stick concealer by Tarte would be perfect for you. This light-shaded concealer gives waterproof protection for up to 12 hours! It masks blemishes, dark circles, spots, hyperpigmentation, and imperfections with just a stroke, leaving you with flawless skin. What we love the most about this oil-free concealer are the vitamins A & E and Amazonian clay that nourish your skin and give a matte finish. With its full-coverage quality and comfortable blending, this is a fairly good concealer choice to heal and treat troubled skin! Here’s a video to help you know more about this product.
- Mineral extracts smoothen skin
- 12 hours of waterproof protection
- Twist-up stick for easy application
- Slightly expensive
5. Best High Coverage Formula:Payot Paris Stick Couvrant Concealer
Clear skin isn’t a far-fetched dream anymore with this Payot Paris Stick Couvrant concealer designed for oily skin. This high-coverage concealer, enriched with shale extracts, will give you an even complexion by concealing spots and blemishes. This cruelty-free concealer effectively camouflages minor scars and acne while also getting rid of redness and puffiness.
- Pleasant smell
- Clears impurities
- Even and clear skin tone
- Hygienic and handy stick
- Suitable for all skin types
- Might not conceal fine lines
6. Best Non-Comedogenic:Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer, Buff 09, .05 Oz.
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer is a great pick for those with oily skin as it conceals the skin without making your skin appear shiny. It is infused with salicylic acid that treats and prevents breakouts while covering up pimples and providing natural-looking coverage. It helps treat, clear, eliminate, and prevent blemishes. According to dermatologists, it is suitable for regular use and can be a part of the regular acne treatment skincare regime if you do makeup everyday.
Watch this video for more information on the product.
- Doesn’t make the skin look shiny
- Available in different shades
- Treats acne
- Skin-like finish
- Provides matte look
7. Best For Full Coverage:HIDE Multi-Use Liquid Concealer
The HIDE Multi-Use Liquid Concealer is a high-coverage product that is designed to hide dark circles, blemishes, and other skin imperfections. It is formulated with a lightweight, creamy texture that glides on smoothly and blends easily, providing a natural and seamless finish. This concealer is infused with skin-loving ingredients that help nourish and hydrate the skin while providing great coverage. It is also long-lasting and water-resistant, ensuring that your skin stays flawless all day. The concealer comes in a variety of shades that cater to different skin tones, allowing you to find the perfect match for your skin. It is also suitable for all skin types, from oily to dry, and can be used to cover a variety of skin imperfections. The HIDE Premium Liquid Concealer is also cruelty-free.
- Skin-friendly ingredients
- Offers full coverage
- Creamy texture
- Suitable for all skin types
- User-friendly packaging
- Available in a variety of shades
8. Best Easy Blending:MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer – Flesh
Dark circles make your skin appear dull and tired. Well, not anymore as this full-coverage concealer by MAKE UP FOR EVER effectively camouflages blemishes, moles, acne, tattoos, scars, and pigmentation. The result is an even, clear, and glowing skin. Formulated with non-oily and non-comedogenic ingredients, this concealer prevents clogged pores and has the ability to absorb excess sebum. Just a small amount of this magical formula can conquer breakouts easily without any side effects. This video takes you through this product’s details.
- Easy blending
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Suitable for oily and acne-prone skin
- The consistency might be slightly thin.
9. Best Lightweight Formula:NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer – Vanilla
Do you follow a skincare regime? If yes, you might want to add this oil-free concealer by NARS to your routine. With this high-coverage matte concealer for oily skin, you can get rid of uneven complexion and hide acne, spots, redness, dark circles, and breakouts. Its advanced powders in an inter-woven structure work efficiently on fine lines and wrinkles too. All while the Optimal Diffusion Powder in this formula provides a soft focus effect and absorbs maximum light to give you a radiant skin. It is the full coverage concealer for oily skin.
- Soft and smooth skin
- Rich in vitamins A, C, and E
- Lightweight and natural look
- Available in different shades
- Contains hyaluronic acid to reduce wrinkles
- Slightly expensive
10. Best For Preventing Creasing:It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Full-Coverage Concealer – Fair
Looking for a dual-purpose concealer? Then, you may want to try out this full-coverage solid cream concealer for oily skin by It Cosmetics. This bottle of goodness is crafted with skincare essentials along with a tint of color infused in it. What we love the most about this oil-free concealer is its multi-functioning capacity of serving both as a dry lotion and concealer simultaneously. It can be applied alone or with makeup as a good cover-up for oily skin. With this, say ‘bye-bye’ to acne, blemishes, and redness and ‘hello’ to clear and flawless skin!
- Anti-aging collagen
- Improved skin clarity
- Prevents creasing and cracking
- Conceals acne and other imperfections
- Contains zinc oxide and witch hazel to absorb oils
- May not be too efficient on wrinkles
Since concealers come in varying textures and shades, it may be a little tricky to choose the right one. There are a few factors that you need to consider before arriving at a decision.
How To Choose The Right Concealer For Oily Skin
- Stick concealer – This type of concealer is thick and creamy and provides full coverage. It is ideal for masking blemishes and dark spots. However, it is slightly heavy and requires a lot of blending using fingers or beauty brushes. People with oily skin are advised not to use such a concealer during summers as the heat can melt it, spoiling your look.
- Liquid concealer – This concealer offers 3 different finishes — satin, radiant, and matte. This type of concealer is super-efficient for oily and acne-prone skin. It covers acne, blemishes, and spots. It needs to be set with a powder for better results. It gives a natural look and lasts longer. However, it may cause dry patches in some cases.
- Cream concealer – This type of concealer offers medium to full coverage and is slightly thicker than liquid ones. It is ideal for masking dark under-eye circles, dried blemishes, and discolorations. However, there is a chance of creases and it does not work efficiently on wrinkles and fine lines.
2. Color corrections
Not every concealer is suitable for all imperfections, and that’s where a specific concealer or color corrector comes into the picture! Each color is used to mask a particular imperfection, and they are as follows:
- Orange and pink – hides dark spots on the skin with a dark complexion
- Peach – balances the bluish shadow on medium skin tones.
- Green – covers redness, scars, and veins
- Yellow – camouflages dark circles with lilac tones
- Lavender – masks the yellowness on the face
3. Under-eye concealer
Generally, under-eye concealers need to be a shade lighter than your complexion. Choose the right one after assessing your skin tone for a natural and complete finish. People with light skin tone may opt for yellow or pink correctors while ones with a darker complexion may opt for peach correctors.
4. Oil-free and non-comedogenic
Since there is already an excessive amount of oil in your skin in the form of sebum, opting for a concealer with oils would only cause more problems. Thus, choose an oil-free and crease-proof concealer for a flawless skin. A non-comedogenic concealer helps prevent clogged pores, oiliness, and acne, leaving you with soft and supple skin. Also, pay attention to the ingredients label and ignore products that contain ethylhexyl palmitate, isopropyl palmitate, and isopropyl myristate. These components aren’t suitable for oily acne-prone skin.
How To Use Concealer For Oily Skin
1. CTM (cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) before anything else
Before concealer application, wash your face with a cleanser or mild soap to remove makeup, dust, or dirt. After this, you need to tone and moisturize your face for a smooth skin texture. Marin McCarthy, a professional makeup artist with five years of experience, states, “Do not skip moisturizing your oily skin! Leaving your skin craving for moisture causes it to produce excess oil and sebum, which melts away your makeup faster and leads to breakouts.”
2. Under-eye is the priority!
Apply concealer under your eyes by drawing an upside-down triangle pointing towards your cheek. This will give you a natural and complete shape. After this, start blending it patiently at the edges. Remember! Never rub as it may lead to skin damage. Gently pat or dab the layer on your skin for fine blending — always use a beauty brush or sponge. Marin McCarthy, a professional makeup artist, remarks, “The under-eye skin is much thinner and more fragile than the rest of your face. So, avoid applying concealers with acne-treating ingredients such as salicylic acid under the eyes to prevent redness.”
Once you finish with your eye area, you can start covering up your acne, spots, blemishes, and discolorations using your preferred concealer. Make sure that you blend the edges well using a brush or sponge for a long-lasting and natural finish. Never use your fingers to mask acne as it may worsen that condition by spreading bacteria. For best results, apply a matte primer before this process.
Once you are done with blending, it is time to set it properly. Use a compact powder or foundation for the same. In the case of a foundation, there is an extra step of dusting adequate setting powder on your face for better results. While doing so, make sure that you cover all parts of your face for an even look.
5. Additional tips
Since you have oily skin, ensure that the concealer is well blended on your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) where oil secretion is excess. Besides following all the above steps, never forget to carry a blotting paper with you to absorb excess oil and prevent smudging. Marin McCarthy, a professional makeup artist, explains, “Avoid applying concealer straight out of the tube or jar onto your blemishes repeatedly. This will spread bacteria from pimples into your products, which will, in turn, cause more breakouts. Also, make sure to wash your sponges and brushes frequently.”
Oily skin needs concealers that can cover acne, dark circles, spots, and unruly blemishes. Not just that, the concealers that are specially designed for oily skin also cater to excessive shine and control sebum production. People with oily skin should purchase concealers that can prevent the accumulation of clogged pores on the face. However, while choosing the best concealers, you should purchase the ones that have been tested by ophthalmologists and dermatologists. You should thoroughly check to confirm that the concealer that you have chosen has been made with non-toxic ingredients.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Chaitra Krishnan has a deep interest in makeup. She reviews different makeup products. After thorough research, she has provided a detailed list of the best concealers for oily skin in this post. She went through numerous reviews and feedback on multiple forums and brand websites to help you pick perfect concealers for oily skin that are non-comedogenic and oil-free. The products listed in this post can cover dark circles, acne scars, and spots effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can concealers be used for oily skin?
Yes, but make sure that you purchase a non-comedogenic and oil-free concealer for enhanced results. Also, opt for a fragrance-free and cruelty-free concealer for oily skin.
Which type of concealer is best for oily skin?
Liquid concealer is considered to be the best because it prevents and masks acne and clogged pores. It serves as a good cover-up for oily skin.
Is NARS concealer good for oily skin?
Yes, it is an oil-free concealer that provides natural and complete coverage for oily skin. With its Optimal Diffusion Powder, it absorbs maximum light to offer an extra radiant skin. It is a good cover-up for oily skin as it masks acne, blemishes, and other imperfections.
How do you cover up oily skin?
Firstly, perform the basic CTM (cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) process to your face. Then, apply a matte primer to control excess oils and then start with the concealing process. Once you’re done with blending, set it right with a finishing powder.
Is Tarte concealer good for oily skin?
Yes, because it is oil-free and fragrance-free, providing a full-coverage to your oily, acne-prone skin. It is also hypoallergenic.
- 6 Best Concealers For Oily Indian Skin
- 10 Best Concealers For Oily Skin You Need Right Now
- Best Makeup Products For Oily Skin – Our Top 18
- How To Apply Makeup For Oily Skin