There are multiple reasons why you could be dealing with a dry scalp— Seasonal changes, excess coloring, styling, or wrong conditioner! And it is alarming how some people think it is okay to skip the conditioner when it is one of the most indispensable steps in the hair wash routine. Just like your skin needs moisturizing, your scalp needs conditioning as well to stay nourished and to help your hair grow healthy and shiny. Also, dry scalp other than being annoyingly itchy can lead to dandruff in worse cases, which we bet you wouldn’t want to see on your hair, scalp, or clothes! Now, who is ready to get the best conditioner for dry scalp?
Though there are multiple options to browse online, picking the right one may take all day! Hence, we’ve lined up some of our top choices for you. Check out our list of 7 best conditioners for dry scalp below:
In This Article
Top 7 Best Conditioners Of 2021 To Treat Dry Scalp!
Are you feeling the urge to scratch your scalp often? Then you are probably dealing with a dry scalp! And everybody knows Dove has a mild formula that guarantees satisfying results. And this anti-dandruff conditioner claims to eliminate flakes with pyrithione zinc and nourish the scalp with shea butter and coconut. Are you dealing with redness and frizzy hair too? Then you’ll love this itch-relief conditioner even more, for it makes hair manageable and keeps the scalp conditioned like a charm. Give it a try!
- Ensures flake-free conditioning
- Soothes and hydrates intensely
- Balances the pH level of the scalp
- Guarantees to eliminate visible flakes with regular use
- Suitable for dry and color-treated hair
- Ideal for both men and women
- Hair may turn greasy quickly
- It may require too many rinses to wash off.
Turn your hair wash routine into a therapeutic experience with this conditioner made of 95% natural ingredients! Though natural does not necessarily mean safe, this hair conditioner for dry scalp is also clinically-tested to provide the ultimate relief from dryness and itchiness. And since it contains tea tree oil, consider dandruff taken care of! Besides this, the formula has kukui seed oil, sage oil, and sweet potato extract too for intense nourishment and to add a stunning luster post every wash. Now, why would you want to miss an experience so bliss?
- Cruelty-free product
- Guarantees relief in 8 days
- Provides intense moisture and hydrates the scalp
- Paraben-free and silicone-free
- Hair may feel slightly stiff or dry
Here’s one for the busy bees who are always running late! Don’t skip the conditioner, but try this 2-in-1 option by Hair One that will cleanse and nourish the hair follicle at the same time! Infused with herbs and natural oils, it claims to clean your hair thoroughly and nourish intensely with herbs and natural oils. A quick and great solution to get manageable, shiny, and healthy hair, this cleanser and conditioner combo will prevent hair loss and quicken hair growth too.
- All-natural formula
- Improves blood circulation
- Detoxifies and removes residue build-up
- Detangles and eliminates frizz
- Tea tree oil combats dandruff and flakes
- It contains no harsh chemicals.
- The fragrance may not be pleasant for some.
What’s great about this conditioner? It’s formulated with 1% active pyrithione zinc to fight dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. So, if you are dealing with severe itchiness, irritation, or flaking, then this conditioner should be your ultimate go-to. Infused with tea tree oil (dandruff-buster!) and olive oil for deep cleansing and moisturizing, the product claims to give you flake-free results with every use! Give it a try to witness the difference.
- Hair strengthening formula for a healthy scalp
- Detangles, adds shine, and restores suppleness
- Relieves scalp dryness, redness, and irritation
- It repairs and moisturizes the damaged hair too.
- Thick consistency
- Strong fragrance
Don’t mind loosening the purse strings to protect your hair and scalp? Then this dermatologist-tested conditioner would be a great pick. Why? Because of the many, many benefits, it offers! From protecting against heat damage, providing intense nourishment to relieving dry and itchy flakes, its wonders are unlimited. The formula is made of rich nutrients such as Abyssinian oil, which is high in omega 3 fatty acids that lock in moisture to eliminate dryness. Glycolic acid and hydrolyzed oat protein, on the other hand, prevent breakage and increase suppleness to give your hair a gorgeous and lustrous shine. Yep, worth a try, we think!
- Ultra-moisturizing natural formula
- Non-greasy and lightweight conditioner
- Travel-friendly and easy-to-use
- Detangles and restore natural moisture
- Improves elasticity and manageability
- Gently exfoliates with Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
- AHA may make your hair and scalp sensitive to the sun.
Has frequent coloring turned your scalp dry and itchy? Then here’s a solution that might work for you! This moisturizing conditioner is formulated with advanced technology to deep nourish, relieve itching, and rebuild fiber to prevent hair breakage. More like a soothing balm for your scalp to rejuvenate and be healthy again, this conditioner is ideal for permed, curly, and natural hair too. Also, it will combat dandruff while giving your scalp the best nourishment. Do not skip!
- Ultra-moisturizing formula
- Provides intense hydration
- Relieves dryness and irritation
- Gentle enough for frequent washes
- Hair might turn greasy quickly
Lastly, this Head & Shoulders’ dry scalp treatment formula that, along with fighting dandruff and dry scalp, will moisturize too! Yep, its dual-action power and sweet fragrance are making people fall in love with their hair all over again. Infused with almond oil, which ensures intense nourishment to the scalp, it also protects the hair from future damage and dryness. And the best part— your hair feels soft, beautiful, and flaunt-worthy with every use.
- Oil-infused hydrating formula
- Guarantees 100% flake-free results
- Gentle and restores ideal pH balance
- Clinically and dermatologically tested
- Mild and suitable for daily use
- Relieves itchiness, dryness, and irritation
- Safe to use on normal, dry, chemical-treated, and colored hair
- Strong fragrance
There you go, those are the 7 best conditioners that you must check out if you have a dry scalp. If you are still wondering which one will suit you the best or how to use it, scroll on to read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Best Conditioner for Dry Scalp
How to Choose the Best Conditioner for Dry Scalp?
Following are some of the things you must consider before choosing the conditioner:
Relieving and nourishing formula: Choose a hair treatment formula that not only relieves dryness and itchiness but also nourishes and strengthens the scalp to combat future hair problems. Though most of the conditioners have dual-action power, it’s advisable to check before buying.
Moisturizing ingredients: Dry scalp is often caused by the loss of natural moisture. In some cases, frequent coloring or using a styling product can lead to dryness and itchiness too. So, pick a conditioner that contains ultra-moisturizing, nourishing, and hydrating ingredients that will suit your scalp and help lock in the natural moisture.
Hair type: The conditioner must suit your hair type. Not necessary, a conditioner for normal hair will work on color-treated hair and vice-versa. So before buying, inspect if it is suitable for your hair.
Consistency: Usually, conditioners with thick consistency may not wash off easily, whereas those with thin consistency may not be advisable for thick hair. So, according to your conditioning needs, pick an ideal one!
How to Use Conditioner for Dry Scalp?
It’s simple. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- After thorough cleansing with shampoo, gently squeeze out all the excess water from the hair
- Next, take a generous amount of conditioner and massage it from roots to tips
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes and then wash it off thoroughly
Just what your scalp deserves— salon-like nourishment at home! With 7 best conditioners offering therapeutic experiences to relieve dryness, itchiness, and redness, taking care of the scalp can’t get easier than this. Yep, no more panic urges to scratch the head in public! Are you ready to flaunt your hair without worry about breakage or dandruff? Because we are! Go, pick your ideal conditioner, and join the gorgeous hair squad now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Conditioner on A Dry Scalp?
An ultra-moisturizing scalp conditioner will help restore the pH scale, intensely nourish, and lock in the natural moisture. So yes, you can use a conditioner on a dry scalp.
Does Using Conditioner on Scalp Help Dandruff?
Conditioners have moisturizing ingredients that help the scalp restore the natural moisture and suppleness and eliminate dryness. And since dryness is one of the root causes of dandruff, these conditioners can help eliminate flaking to a great extent.
What Can I Use to Moisturize My Dry Scalp?
If you are dealing with a dry scalp, then you must add a scalp conditioner to your hair wash routine. Using this conditioner twice a week can help the scalp go back to its natural state and strengthen your hair quality too.
What Causes Dry Scalp?
There are several reasons why you must be suffering from a dry scalp. Excess use of chemicals, coloring, styling, or the shampoo must be unsuitable or infused with sulfate and alcohol that is stripping away the natural oils.
- 7 Best Shampoos And Conditioners To Get Rid Of Dry Scalp
- Top 13 Conditioners For Dry And Frizzy Hair
- 11 Best Products For Dry And Itchy Scalp
- Mamaearth Argan Conditioner Review
- 8 Natural Conditioners For Dry Hair