If men can have cordless hair trimmers and beard shavers, is it too much to ask for a half-decent cordless curling iron? Fret not, why settle for half-decent when you can have the best curling irons to style your gorgeous hair. Cordless irons can come in hand when you’re traveling and want to take beautiful photos of yourself in scenic locations. Feel like styling your hair in the middle of a field full of clover; all you have to do is reach into your back and pull out your cordless curling. Presto changeo! Your hair is ready to look stunning for that perfect frame! To find out the best available options in the market, check out our list of the top 10 cordless curling irons.
In This Article
10 Best Cordless Curling Irons In 2022
1. Best With Ceramic Technology: Conair Minipro ThermaCell Cordless 5/8-inch Travel Curling Iron
This cordless curling iron will completely change your hairstyle the way you want. Now twist and curl, tangle-free, for any occasion as there is no wire that will come in your way. It heats up real quick, just about perfect for forming ringlets or tight curls. The ThermaCell butane charges the curling iron up without electricity or batteries needed. Probably this compact ⅝-inch iron will become your favorite travel partner as it delivers a salon-like finish by removing hot spots for lesser hair damage. Pro tip: Secure in safety cover during air travel. This video gives you more information about the product.
- Salon finish look
- Ceramic technology
- Comes with a travel case
- No plugs, batteries, or cords
- Includes 1 ThermaCell butane cartridge
- Approved safe for air travel per U.S. Department of Transportation guidelines
- Might not work on coarse hair
- Might only work with The rmaCell butane cartridge
2. Best Tangle-Free Operation: Duomishu Automatic Curling Iron Wand
What is better than a cordless curling iron? An automatic cordless curling iron that smoothly glides your hair into curls. With this Duomishu Automatic Curling Iron Wand, you have the option to adjust the curling intensity according to your hair type and desired shape of curls. Made of ceramic tourmaline, this iron performs well without your hair getting pulled or tangled. The best part is, all curls will look almost the same, making your hairstyle look charming. And don’t worry, this cordless auto curler is pretty intelligent; in case there is too much hair, it will suspend the action on its own.
- No hair breakage
- Temperature range between 300-390°F
- Includes 5000 mAh battery
- Auto shutoff in 10 mins
- Needs only 3-4 hours of charging time
- Tangle-free operation
- Ionic ceramic technology
- Includes type C USB charging cable
- Might not be long-lasting
3. Best With Titanium Barrel: Conair Unbound Curling Iron
Create the perfect coily curls and desired waves with this 1-inch titanium cordless curling iron. This rechargeable curling iron offers 25 minutes of cord-free runtime and heats up in as quick as one-minute to reach 400°F. In addition, it offers four heat settings and an auto-off feature after 15 minutes to save battery life. You can use it with or without the clamp and it functions as a wand with the short clamp. Have a look at this video to learn more about the product.
- Titanium barrel
- Includes USB charger and batteries
- Auto-off feature
- 4 heat settings
- LED temperature display
- Charging indicator light
- Less cord-free run time
4. Best For Double Protection: Laluztop Cordless Automatic Rotating Hair Curler
This is an intelligent curling iron that helps you curl your hair without electricity. You don’t have to learn how to create hairstyles using curling tools as it forms curls automatically. It comes with a feature that allows you to select which side of your hair you would want to curl. Even if you have fragile, damaged, or coarse hair, it has adjustable temperature settings available for every hair type and texture. Don’t worry about pulling or tugging; you can effortlessly get tangle-free curls within seconds. For times you forget to charge it, you can attach a cord and then use it as a hair curler. And to add to the benefits, you get a shiny and anti-static hair texture!
- Timer feature
- Made of tourmaline
- Double protection
- Auto-off in 10 minutes
- Battery runs for 60 minutes
- 30 seconds fast heating
- Different curl patterns available
- Nanosilver and ceramic coating
- 5000 mAh built-in rechargeable battery
- The battery may need to be replaced quite frequently.
5. Best Portable: Danisse Cordless Curling Iron Wand
Ever wondered how easy hair curling would be with a cordless mini curling iron? Well, get your hands on this one and enjoy the best of both! This 7.9-inch cordless curling iron comes with a built-in 2500 mAh rechargeable battery that offers 45 minutes of cordless curling effectively. It is equipped with the tourmaline ceramic technology, and gives smooth and frizz-free curls that look lustrous. In addition, the portable size makes it so easy to travel with and curl your hair on the go.
- 45 minutes of cordless usage
- 2500 mAh battery
- Gives frizz-free curls
- Makes hair smooth and shiny
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Inconsistent heating
6. Best Ergonomic: VEEAPE Cordless Curling Iron
This automatic curling iron features a single button application to give you the perfect curls at the press of one button. The double-layer heat insulation prevents your hands from getting burnt while the safe ceramic-tourmaline technology protects the hair from static heat. It further locks in moisture to make your hair frizz-free for a sleek look. The strong 9600 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers 90-120 minutes of continuous runtime. The anti-tangle design offers six timer settings for different hair textures to style them safely and effectively. The unique design seems attractive and features an auto shut-off feature at 10 minutes. Moreover, it comes with two hair clips, a user manual, a comb, a charger, a storage bag, and a hair measuring tool.
- 9600 mAh rechargeable battery
- 120 minutes continuous runtime
- 4 temperature settings
- Needs only 4-5 hours of charging time
- Safe ceramic technology
- Suitable for all hair types
- Type C USB charger included
- Works as a powerbank for iPhone 12
7. Best With LED Panel: Ibeautyliss Automatic Cordless Hair Curler
This cordless curling iron is as handy as a tool can get. It is travel size, which means it fits perfectly in a carry-on bag, and has an anti-tangle feature for protection. You can use its multi-directional curling feature to create different perm styles. Choose the heating temperature according to the type of curls you want and perm on! Even if you remove the lithium battery, this iron can still be used with a cord attached. Simply follow the instructions on the manual for safety and style anytime, anywhere.
- LED panel
- Timer setting
- Anti-tangle protection
- 6 temperature options
- Runs for 50 minutes cordless
- Rechargeable 21700 lithium battery
- 2 hours of charging with a 2A 5V adapter
- May not be suitable for fragile hair
8. Best With WWC Technology: Belisa by Lunata Cordless Hair Curling Iron
The Lunata Cordless Hair Curling Iron by Belisa combine luxury, style and modern technology. It is a 1-inch titanium barrel that gives you voluminous curls. It has a cordless, battery-operated design that is most convenient when you are on the road. The two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide long-lasting hair styling solutions. This easy-to-use curling iron has different temperature settings starting from 200°F to 400°F. Simply set the curling rod at a setting of your choice and revel in a stress-free styling experience.
- Dual voltage 100-240 V
- 2.5-3 hrs charging time
- Lithium-ion batteries take 35 min to charge
9. Best Instant Heat-Up: Aokitec Cordless ¾ Inch Curling Wand
This cordless curling iron comes in a beautiful color combination of gray and rose gold to elevate your beauty kit. The curling iron of 3/4 inches comes with a 5200 mAh rechargeable battery with up to 40 minutes of cord-free run time. It offers 3 temperature settings ranging from 340°F to 420°F. It heats up instantly in under a minute to provide tangle-free tight curls with less or no frizz. The LCD temperature display also ensures you have an easy, hassle-free styling process.
- Comes with a type C USB charger
- Heats instantly
- 3 temperature settings
- 5200 mAh rechargeable battery
- LCD temperature display
- Insulated safe tip
- Doesn’t clamp hair tightly
10. Best With Timer Settings: YAPOY Cordless Curling Iron Tongs
These automatic curling tongs have a built-in 5200 mAh battery that offers 60 minutes of working time. The strong and even heat distribution ensures quick styling without any damage to your tresses. It has ceramic coating to give you smoother, shinier hair with less breakage and flyaways. It creates the perfect curls in just 8 seconds while offering different temperature settings for different hair textures. You can style your hair as you desire into tight curls, soft curls, or beachy waves. Moreover, the bold green color is striking and looks appealing on your vanity.
- Quick curls in 8 seconds
- Type C USB charger
- 60 minutes cordless working time
- 3 curved directions
- Insulating chamber protects hands from heat
- 5 timer settings
- May create uneven curls
With these amazing curling iron options, you can just select a hairstyle and curl on without second thoughts. If you have some doubts, here are a few important things to know before buying a cordless curling iron.
How To Choose A Cordless Curling Iron
A cordless curling iron is for someone who travels a lot or does not always have power supply or a plug point near them while getting ready. But choosing the correct iron is important. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Hair type: Not all tools are designed for all hair types. Some handle fragile hair better, while some are perfect for thick, coarse hair. Select the one that goes with your hair and the kind of style you want to create.
- Type of iron: There are three basic types of curling irons — the wand sticks, automatic stylers, and 2-in-1 irons — each with its own qualities. If you don’t want to learn how to style using a flat iron or a normal wand, you can opt for an automatic one. For quick hair touch-ups, you can select a makeup-fix hair curler. There are specific butane-operated iron curlers for air travel safety too.
- Time: Curling irons that last for more than an hour at a time are perfect for full hair styling. While there are also a few that only last up to 20 mins, you can use them for touch-ups. The time frame between charging and using the tool also matters as few batteries drain out. You can always pick the one with a butane cartridge to ensure performance.
How To Use A Cordless Curling Iron
The use of a cordless curling iron changes according to the hairstyle and tool application. Here is a routine you can follow:
Step 1: Wash and condition your hair. This is not always applicable if you are on the road. So you can apply a heat protection serum that also smoothens your hair.
Step 2: Brush and comb your hair straight. Keep them tangle-free.
Step 3: Make a partition of the strands you want to curl and clip them separately on the top.
Step 4: Take a cordless curling iron wand and keep it on until it’s hot. Then take a few strands of hair, keep them flat in your palms, and roll it from the bottom to tips. Remember to roll down slowly, enough for heat to penetrate to form curls. If it is a flat iron, you can wrap a small part of your hair around the iron and slowly move it downwards till the end. Each divided hair part should have equal volume for the curls to look alike. If it is an automatic iron, simply let your hair roll around the wand on their own.
Step 5: For best results, use a hair spray to hold the curls for a longer period of time.
Benefits Of Cordless Curling Irons
Cordless curling irons have their own benefits over wired ones. Although people prefer wired irons for professional styling, some prefer to use cordless for its unbeatable benefits.
- You can get a quick style anywhere without electric plugs around.
- You can touch-up your hair right before an event, like in the parking lot, to avoid flyaways. Some days, when you don’t have time to get ready for an unplanned date or workplace event, you can get ready on the way using a portable curling iron.
- If you travel often, you won’t miss a good photograph just because your hair was haywire. A cordless curling iron will give you a good, temporary hair fix.
- A cordless curling iron can help you avoid heat scars on your hands.
- A butane cartridge curling iron can be carried on an airplane for long-distance travel.
- An automatic curling iron makes it easier to style without having to adapt hair perming skills.
Cordless curling irons are probably the most convenient way of styling your hair. They are handy and can be carried wherever you travel. Since they do not have cords, you will not have to deal with tangling, and you will get a better range of motion with the device. Curling irons remove hair tangles but make them voluminous and bouncy. These are available in different sizes. Most of the products on our list are made of tourmaline ceramic technology. They are durable and cause the least amount of heat damage. However, with such types of irons, you will have to keep a check on the batteries and recharge and replace them as required.
Infographic: How To Curl Your Hair
Have a look at the infographic given below to learn more about how to curl your hair. Some of the important pointers to keep in mind are:
- The right way to detangle your hair.
- Choosing the right heat and time settings.
- Partitioning your hair correctly.
It will help you to achieve well-defined, bouncy curls effortlessly .
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Kirtana Divakar, is a hair care enthusiast. She loves reviewing new hair styling products for her readers. She browsed multiple online forums for user feedback to curate this list of the best cordless curling irons. She considered factors like the type of iron and hair to shortlist the best products for the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cordless curling irons safe?
Yes, cordless irons are safe if you follow the safety instructions carefully. Keep them away from children.
Do curling irons ruin your hair?
There are many curling irons that claim to reduce hair damage and deliver smooth, shiny hair.
Is it OK to use a curling iron every day?
It is alright to use a curling iron on your hair every day. You can use necessary heat protection serums and natural hair sprays to avoid long-term damage.
Which curling iron is least damaging?
Conair Minipro ThermaCell Cordless 5/8-inch Travel Curling Iron or Honice Cordless Rechargeable Ceramic Curler Wand are known to do the least hair damage. These irons have intelligent technology that evenly distributes heat or removes hot spots for least hair damage.
How long does it take to charge a cordless curling iron?
Charging a cordless curling iron can take anywhere from one to five hours.
How long do curling irons last?
A typical curling iron lasts anywhere from 500 to 1,000 hours.