If there is one thing we can collectively agree on, it’s the fact that as we grow older, our skin begins to age. It paves the way for wrinkles, age spots, dry and dehydrated skin, and loss of natural glow. But luckily, in today’s day and age, it is easy to find skin care products and makeup that can help you reclaim the lost natural radiance. Blush is one of the best makeup products to help you achieve a youthful, healthy glow. While powder blushes are easy to apply, they are a big no-no for mature skin; they make your skin look more wrinkled and aged. Cream blushes do the exact opposite – they work well on dry skin, as most of them are made with natural and hydrating ingredients. It also gives your cheeks a healthy flush of color and easily blends into your skin without highlighting your wrinkles.
Finding the right cream blush that works well on mature skin can be quite challenging. We have put together a list of 7 best cream blush over 50 that we swear by. They are super easy to apply, gives you a fresh, rosy glow, and keeps your skin smooth all day. Scroll down to find out!
Top 7 Best Cream Blushes For Mature (Aging) Skin For 2020
Say goodbye to dull skin with L’oreal Paris Visible Lift Blur Blush. It is one of the best-selling and popular products of the brand. It is formulated with opti-blur technology, which means it hides lines and wrinkles and helps your skin attain an even texture. It is not only anti-aging but also diminishes your pores in no time, leading to fresh, smooth, and youthful-looking skin. This cream blush is available in three colors – soft peach, soft pink, and soft berry, which come in squeeze tubes. Here’s a tip: always start with the tiniest amount of blush and build up the intensity as you go. It is the best blush for oily acne prone skin.
- Easy to apply with fingers
- Hides visible lines and wrinkles
- Blends smoothly
- Enhances cheekbones
- Lasts only a couple of hours
- Tends to clump if applied with a brush
If you prefer using makeup products that are soft, effective, and work wonders for your skin, multiple beauty awards-winning Ceramide Cream Blush by Elizabeth Arden will not disappoint you. This luxuriously soft cream blush comes infused with Ceramide Triple Complex, which helps lift and strengthen aging skin. Along with this, vitamins A, C, and E, moisturize skin and provide antioxidant protection. The blush glides on smoothly and blends easily, offering a long-lasting, dewy finish. It comes in a small, round, shiny pot with a mirror. It is the best cream blush for mature skin.
- Healthy and glowy appearance
- Buildable color
- Offers antioxidant protection
- Keeps skin firm and moisturized
- Easy to blend
- Compact and travel-friendly
|1|| ||Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Radiance Blush, Terrarose||$26.50||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Elizabeth Arden Sponge-On Cream Makeup, Toasty Beige||$39.50||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||IT Cosmetics CC+Vitality Brightening Creme Blush: Naturally Pretty||$24.99||Buy on Amazon|
The Global Director of Stila Creative Artistry, Sarah Lucero, herself swears by the Convertible Color Lip and Cheek cream. So, rest assured, this creamy, dreamy and, utterly buttery blush gives your cheeks a healthy, natural glow, and adds the right pop of color to your lips. This 2-in-1 blush is a must-have, who prefer simple makeup. It is translucent, sheer-tinted, and non-greasy. Plus, the mini mirror within the compact packaging makes it ideal for on-the-go face touch-ups. It is the best cream blush for over 50 women.
- 2-in-1 product for cheeks and lips
- Creamy and smooth
- Blends well
- Value for money
- Easy to apply
- Available in six colors
- May need frequent touch-ups
|1|| ||stila Convertible Color Dual Lip And Cheek Cream, Peony||324 Reviews||$25.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter, Kitten||$32.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Complete Harmony - Lip & Cheek Stick, Sheer Gerbera, 0.21 oz.||$26.00||Buy on Amazon|
Boasting of 10 color-rich shades, this multipurpose cream blush stick is an iconic innovation by NARS. Formulated with vitamins, minerals, and anti-aging properties, The Multiple, will make your skin look flawless. It is incredibly creamy and blends effortlessly to create shimmering accents, contours, or dynamic highlights on all skin tones. The blush also evens out skin tone and conceals wrinkles and other imperfections. This is a go-to product if you like a hint of shimmer across your cheekbones, on your eyes, lips, and body. It is the best cream blush for older skin.
- Blends easily
- Sheer shimmer finish
- Available in an array of shades
- Lends a smooth finish
- Easy application
- Not very pigmented
|1|| ||NARS The Multiple, Maui||$39.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||NARS Women's Matte Multiple Stick, Laos, 7.5g||$24.86||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Nars Sheer Pop Multiple Motu Tane 1565 - Full Size 0.49 Oz. / 14 g||$19.97||Buy on Amazon|
If you prefer makeup products that are gluten-free and cruelty-free, the Perricone MD No Blush Blush is the perfect choice for you! Packed with skin-loving ingredients, this blush visually contours and accentuates softly rounded cheekbones and leaves you with a radiant flush of color. Available in a universally flattering rosy pink shade, it is formulated like a serum containing vitamin C ester and Chinese ginger plant extract to nourish the skin and restore your youthful glow. Furthermore, the SPF 30 formula protects your skin from sunburn. All it takes is a few dots to achieve a natural glow, so one bottle should last you a year, if not longer.
- Imparts a natural, youthful glow
- 100% vegan
- Suitable for dry and oily skin
- Easy to apply
- Available in one shade
|1|| ||Perricone MD No Makeup Blush, 0.3 oz.||$35.00||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Perricone MD No Makeup Eyeshadow, 0.28 oz.||$26.74||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Perricone MD No Makeup Highlighter, 0.3 oz.||$31.00||Buy on Amazon|
Next time you are packing your travel bag, don’t forget to pack this chubby stick cheek Clinique blush colors. Mistake-proof, creamy, and effortlessly buildable, the gel-like blush delivers a healthy-looking glow in an instant. It blends beautifully to create a fresh, rosy glow. It is so versatile that you can use it as an eyeshadow or a lipstick for times when you want to keep your makeup subtle. Available in four universally flattering shades, there is something for everyone. For best results, apply a few dots on your cheekbone and blend well using your fingertips.
- Ultra creamy
- Blends easily
- Healthy-looking glow
- Buildable color
- Requires frequent touch-ups
If you are looking for something for an all-day, everyday wear, this volumizing lip and cheek tint by Tata Harper, is a great option. It is smooth, creamy, blendable, and lends your cheek a perfect rosy pink tint. It is formulated with anti-aging neuropeptides to slow down the aging process. Moreover, it contains eight sources of plumping hydration, three sources to minimize the look of fine lines, creases and wrinkles, and six sources of vitamins and minerals. It is best natural blush, just swipe a small amount of it over your lips and cheek for a naturally flushed look!
- Smooth application
- Blends well
- Easy to apply
- Includes vitamins and minerals
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Anti-aging properties essential for aging skin
- Fades quickly
We will now move on to understand all the factors to keep in mind while buying a cream blush.
A Helpful Buying Guide To Choose The Right Cream Blush For Aging Skin
what color blush should I wear? before you invest in cream blush, it is essential you go through these tips to find the perfect blush for your skin.
1. How to choose cream blush for women over 50?
- Always look for products that contain essential vitamins and minerals to keep your skin hydrated and radiant.
- It should include antioxidants that firm your skin.
- A cream blush with SPF above 30 will protect your skin from the harsh sunlight.
- Search for products with anti-aging ingredients such as ceramide triple complex, Chinese ginger plant extract, and neuropeptides that slow the process of aging.
- Avoid products with alcohol and artificial fragrance as it can cause skin irritation. It can also increase dryness and enhance the appearance of wrinkles.
- The blush should complement your skin tone, so opt for a product that offers a varied number of shades.
- It should be easy to blend with a buildable formula to give a long-lasting effect.
- It should be able to conceal visible lines and wrinkles.
- The right blush should glide on smoothly and deliver vibrant color and moisture, and a youthful glow.
2. How much blush should you use?
It depends on your skin tone, and how soft or intense you want the blush to look. Most cream blushes are deeply pigmented, so a little goes a long way.
3. How do you apply cream blush for women over 50?
Applying cream blush is not at all complicated. There are two ways to do it – with your fingertips or with a sponge. Most cream blushes are easy to apply and can be perfectly blended with your fingers. Just dab a little on your cheeks and glide it along your cheekbones for a smooth and even finish.
Mature or aging skin requires blushes that provide not only a healthy, natural glow but also that can keep your dry and dull skin moisturized and hydrated for longer. So, we rounded up the 7 best cream blushes that are excellent for women over 50. Which is your favorite blush from the list? Is there a blush application technique that you would like to share with us? Put them down in the comments below!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is powder or cream blush better for mature skin?
For mature skin, cream blush is the best bet. Since your skin is mostly dry, it is recommended to use cream blush to keep your skin moisturized. Cream blush evens out your skin tone, covers age spots and wrinkles, and doesn’t feel heavy on your skin. Powder blush dries out your skin and gives a cakey effect.
- 15 Best Cream Blushes For A Perfect Glow
- Top 10 Best Blushes For Different Skin Types
- MAC Mineralize Blush
- 20 Best Makeup Tips For Women Over 50
- How To Use NARS Orgasm Blush?
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 11 Best Sunscreens For Scalp And Hair You Should Try - April 8, 2021
- 13 Best Vanilla Perfumes And Fragrance Mists That You Should Try In 2021 - April 8, 2021
- 15 Best Aloe Vera Lotions To Help Soothe Dry And Irritated Skin - March 24, 2021
- 9 Best Lip Brushes For Perfect Makeup - March 14, 2021
- 13 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Combination Skin You Need To Try In 2021 - February 8, 2021