Cross training is a type of fitness regimen that includes running as well as weight training and other bootcamp activities. It keeps you fit and active. However, your fitness begins with keeping yourself safe from injuries. A good pair of cross training shoes will keep your feet well-supported and cushioned from impacts. They offer a bounce to the feet that is required for momentum and speed. These shoes can also be used for long-distance running, tennis, basketball, volleyball, and other similar sports. They are also comfortable and suitable for cycling, yoga, Zumba, aerobics, and other lighter activities.
In this article, we have listed the 6 best cross-training shoes for women in 2021. Pick one to protect your feet before you begin your fitness journey.
6 Best Cross Training Shoes For Women
The FuelCore Nergize Sneakers from New Balance are 100% synthetic and have rubber soles. They feature a REVlite midsole, which provides lightweight cushioning and all-day comfort. An NB memory sole insert is added for extra support and a plush feel. These shoes offer a sleek and fashionable look and a snug fit for ease and support. The upper part of the cross training shoes has mesh textile for ventilation, which keeps the feet smelling fresh all day.
- Easy slip-on design
- Snug fit
- Added insert for support
- No arch support
This is yet another cross trainer pair from New Balance that has made it to our list. These shoes are made of 100% leather with rubber soles. The midsole has lightweight cushioning with EVA foam and PU foam inserts, which are super soft and offer extra support and comfort. The insides have near-seamless Phantom liners to minimize irritation.
The midsole has an internal shank that adds structure along the mid foot. The leather upper is impressive and fancy, while the heel is supported with an Abzorb crash pad. This absorbs impacts via compression resistance and padding. The shoes also feature a double-density foam collar around the ankles to prevent chafing. The anti-slip outsole provides a stable grip. The flexible yet firm deep flex grooves help the shoes adapt to the feet movements, making them suitable to wear all day.
- Superior flexibility
- Excellent cushioning
- Dual density collar foam
- All-day comfort
Workout in comfort with the Reebok Nano X1 Women’s Training Shoes. These iconic shoes are designed for running as well as training. The soft upper is durable and features a flexweave knit that is soft and breathable. It has an inbuilt heel clip that facilitates movement of the feet in all directions.
The shoes include a cushioning of Floatride Energy Foam that is lightweight and provides stability. The progressive EVA foam midsole absorbs shock and provides responsive cushioning to the feet and heels during high-intensity workouts. The shoes are extremely stylish and have a mesh fabric upper with adjustable lace closure to keep the feet fresh and comfortable all day.
- Designed for stability
- Comfortable fit
The Reebok Nanoflex TR Women’s Training Shoes have a breathable mesh upper that keeps the feet cool, while the Flex grooves in the outsole allow ease of motion. The TPU heel clip also enables movements in any direction with optimal stability. The CMEVA midsole cushioning offers added comfort. The lace closure gives you a snug fit, while rubber soles offer a good grip.
- Full-foot rubber outsole
- Offers stability
- Breathable mesh
- Midsole cushioning
Give your feet the best support while training with the Mizuno Training Shoes. The proprietary C.O.B technology uses patented sensors that send feedback from your feet to improve your performance.
The athletic design includes a dual-layer mesh and a Hotmelt upper for maximum stability. A soft booty construction interior adds comfort to the feet. The shoes have lace-up closure for customized grip and cushioning on the tongue and collar to protect the feet from blisters and peels. The rubber outsole helps during weight training and lifts.
- Internal support straps
- Durable rubber outsole
- Offers grip and stability
Optimize your workouts with the Reebok Women’s HIIT Shoes. They have a mesh upper that provides excellent air circulation, while the rubber sole offers supportive grip. The EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning to the feet. The tongue of the shoes allows easy pull-on, while the soft collar keeps the feet safe from blisters and scrapes and offers a snug fit. The flexible outsole keeps you stable on slippery gym floors and helps you with burpees and jumps.
- Foam cushioning
- Tongue pull design
Cross training shoes are designed for a large range of workouts and physical activities. They offer benefits more than regular sneakers or sports shoes. Keep scrolling to learn about their benefits.
The Benefits Of Using Cross Training Shoes
- Better Support: Cross trainers are usually built for more rugged workouts and terrains. They provide lateral support with shock absorption and facilitate movements in all directions. These shows provide optimal feet security, curbing injuries and cramps. Cross trainers are also more stable and offer better grip on the ground. They have extra cushioning on the forefoot for softer landing.
- Ventilation: The material of the cross trainers is usually more lightweight than regular running shoes. They feature extra cushioning inside and a mesh upper for better ventilation. This reduces sweating and bad odor. The material is also stronger and more durable to withstand wear and tear.
Now, let’s move on to the factors to consider before buying the best cross training shoes.
What To Look For In The Best Cross Training Shoes
- Upper: The top of the feet needs a stable, secure cover. Pick a breathable material like mesh to keep the feet ventilated, non-sweaty, and odor-free. If you want added support, a leather top can be helpful. Cross trainers are designed for various activities like dancing or exercising. So, try them on to make sure your feet are comfortable moving in all directions. The upper must be flexible and not hurt the ankles or toes.
- Midsole And Arch:The wrong shoe shape can cause a lot of pain in the feet. So, check your feet to see whether you have flat feet or high arches. The shape of your arch will determine the amount and type of cushioning that is required in your shoe.
- Cushioning: Theinner soles and insert heel pads offer added support and comfort to the feet. They provide a snug fit while increasing resistance.
- Grip:Wear the cross trainer and shift your feet from side to side or on your heels. This is to check if the shoe provides a good grip and does not slip. An engraved rubber sole offers a good grip.
- Fit: A loosely fitting shoe could cause injuries like twists, sprains, and cramps to the feet, ankles, and legs. It will not provide a good grip. A tight fit, on the other hand, will cause difficulty in movement and blisters and scrapes. Try the shoes on and wiggle your toes inside to check if they are too cramped.
- Heel Support: The heel differentiates a cross trainer from a normal sneaker. Check if the heels are firm to support weight bearing activities. Sometimes, the heels include an absorb crash pad that minimizes impact. Some shoes also have heel clips for better maneuvrability.
Exercising is an important part of a healthy lifestyle that requires the right gear. Choosing the right shoes is of utmost importance before you start the training process. The list above will help you narrow your search for the best cross training shoes for women. Go ahead and pick one for yourself to soar through your fitness journey!