If you are blessed with natural curls, don’t take them for granted because most of us are dying to sport a bouncy curly hair look. And those with short hair might even think that achieving well-defined curls is not for them. But thankfully, we have fished out some of the best curling irons for short hair that can help you get tight curls even with short-length hair. So whether you are a newbie or someone who has been rocking the short hairstyle for years, check out these amazing curling irons for everyday use that are worth investing in. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
The 15 Best Curling Irons For Short Hair You Can Get your Hands On
Are you having trouble finding the best curling iron for short fine hair? The Conair Instant Heat is a ¾ inch curling iron that is specially designed to create tight curls or touch up your natural curls. The curling iron is designed with 25 different heat settings and takes only 30 seconds to heat up to 400°F. This curling iron is ideal for all hair types. It features an ergonomic handle along with auto-off technology. Check out this YouTuber’s review of this product.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Eliminate hot spots
- Even distribution of heat
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- Compact design
- Heat dial is positioned poorly
If you are looking for an affordable curling iron without compromising on the quality, then the InfinitiPro Curling Wand is the one. The 1-inch curling iron is perfect for creating silky and defined curls with ease. It heats up to 400°F and has 5 LED temperature settings. This curling iron for short, fine hair comes with an auto-off feature and a protective heat shield as a bonus. The ceramic coat barrel instantly heats up within 30 seconds and the nanotechnology paves the way to shiny locks by reducing frizz.
- Reduces frizz
- 5 LED heat settings
- Auto-off feature
- No hot spots
- May find it slightly hard to use with minus gloves
The Hoson’s 3/4 Inch Curling Iron offers nine heat levels to adjust with all hair types and give you the perfect desired hairstyles. Its ultra-fast heating technology takes only 10 minutes to help you do all your hair. It features the ceramic pearl combination technology that defines curls and gives you lustrous-looking, gorgeous curls with every styling session. The dual voltage iron is great to carry wherever you go in the world and get bouncy, head-turner curls.
- ¾ Inch curling barrel
- Auto shut-off feature
- 9 levels of temperature adjustment
- Fast heating
- Dual voltage
- LCD display
- The clamp might be loose.
With the Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curler, you will get your hands on one of the best curling irons for short fine hair. The automatic hair curler comes with 2 heat settings that can heat up to 420°F. The hair curler detangles hair to create the perfect curls and waves. Crafted with an auto shut-off feature, the styling tool shuts off after 90 minutes when not in use. The ceramic ion technology offers healthier shinier locks and is ideal for short, medium, and long hair. You can also check this video out for a brief review of the product.
- Curl direction control makes it easy to create inner and outer facing curls
- Heat control — high, medium, and low
- Suitable for long, medium, and short hair
- It can take a while to get used to using this iron on very short hair
Create beautiful and long-lasting curls with the Hot Tools curling iron. The curling iron comes in a sleek modern design with a golden barrel. Crafted with 10 variable heat settings, one can create large bouncy curls or loose waves with its powerful spring clamp. The ⅝ inches barrel size is perfect for short hair to achieve small, tight curls. It is designed with a tangle-free cord and extra-long cool tip to make styling easy and comfortable.
- 10 heat settings
- Reasonably priced
- Ideal for short hair
- Tangle-free cord
- Easy to use
- Designed with a foldable safety stand
- May weigh hair down slightly
With the Herstyler curling iron, you will be able to create tight curls that will last you all day. The half-inch curling iron heats to 400°F and is ideal for all hair types. The 360° swivel cord prevents tangling and knots and the negative ion technology eliminates frizz. Thanks to the clipless Teflon barrel, you will now be able to achieve shine without any hair breakage. The dual voltage curling wand makes for the perfect styling tool while traveling.
- Quick heating
- Attractive color
- Dual voltage
- Eliminates frizz
- Does not feature multiple heat settings
Creating those classic curls is easy when you have the best curling iron for short hair by your side. Crafted with a 6¼ inch long barrel, the curling wand is ideal for short and long hair. The negative ions of the titanium coating give smooth and shiny curls. It also has five variable settings to select the best temperature for your hair type. The barrel makes it easy to style your hair to achieve the desired curls. It includes a heat protection glove and has an auto shut-off feature.
- 5 digital temperature control
- Auto shut-off function
- Ideal for short and long hair
- Easy to use
- 360° rotating cord
- Slightly expensive
Here is another fantastic styling product that is worth a mention. This mini hair straightener from Triviiix allows you to set the temperature anywhere between 122°F to 450°F based on your hair thickness and texture. It comes with a digital LCD panel for accuracy and the pencil flat iron makes it ideal to style short hair. Treviiix offers fast heating within a time of 15 seconds that helps you save time and electricity. The dual voltage styling tool is designed with floating plates to adjust to any angle and avoid snagging and breakage.
- Sleek design
- Floating plates avoid hair breakage
- Digital LCD panel provides accuracy
- Perfect for short hair
- Energy efficient
- 60 minutes auto shut-off function
- The plates may heat up too fast making it difficult to hold for a long period of time
Next on our list of the best curling irons for short hair is the Curve Classic Curl Iron. This curling iron is crafted with a one-inch medium barrel that works even on short hair. Designed with a built-in safety stand and ergonomic handle, the curling iron provides flexible and safe styling. The curling iron offers the right temperature at 365°F and the ultra zone technology works in creating gorgeous and defined curls. The curling iron heats up within 25 seconds and also features an automatic sleep mode that gets activated after 30 minutes.
- Ergonomic design
- Quick heating
- Easy to operate
- Ideal for short hair
- Auto sleep mode
- Slightly expensive
If you are looking for a curling iron with endless possibilities, then you might want to consider the 5-in-1 curling iron set from Xtava. This set includes 5 tapered clipless barrels of different sizes and a clamp. The ceramic coating works towards achieving shinier and healthier looking hair that seals in moisture and protects cuticles. This, in turn, reduces frizz and hair static. It comes with 9 accurate temperature settings with a digital LCD display. The heat setting ranges from 250°F to 410°F and is ideal for all hair types and hair lengths. If you need more convincing, feel free to take a look at this YouTuber’s video on the merits and demerits of the product.
- Offers the flexibility of using 5 different curling wands
- Includes a heat resistant glove
- No cool tip maximizes the curling surface area
- Ideal for every hair type and length
- Digital LCD display
- May not be safe to use without the heat-proof glove
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Conicurl is truly one of the best curling irons for short hair available in the market today. The curling iron is crafted with nano titanium technology and features a tapered barrel for easy styling. This hair styling tool is ideal to create curls and beachy waves for every hair type. The barrel provides an even distribution of heat and prevents any hot spots. The curler creates longer lasting curls due to the ceramic and titanium body.
- Tangle-free swivel
- 50 heat settings
- Works on all hair types
- Eliminates hot spots
- Slightly expensive
If you’re looking for a travel-friendly curling iron, try the MiroPure Curling Iron that comes with dual voltage, ideal for worldwide use. The 1.5-inch barrel offers you long-lasting curls, and its tourmaline ceramic surface reduces frizz and static, giving you smooth and healthy-looking hair. The iron heats up in just 30 seconds while providing 410°F as the highest temperature. It has a non-slip grip and an extra long cool-tip for safe use.
- Auto shut-off
- Suitable for all hair types
- One control button design
- Instant heating
- LCD Display
- Might get too hot to hold
Hoson’s curling iron heats up to a temperature of 225°F in just 60 seconds, letting you create instant curls. The iron is coated with tourmaline ceramic that prevents frizz by eliminating static and locking in the moisture. The curling wand allows you to easily adjust the temperature from 225°F to 450°F depending on your hair texture. It comes with a 60-minute auto shut-off feature, providing a safe curling experience. The device also has a built-in holder to lay the curling iron safely while it’s hot.
- Features insulated anti-scald wand tip
- 360° swivel power cord
- Perfect for short and medium hair
- Comes with an LCD temperature display
- 100V-240V dual voltage compatible
- The cord could be longer
The Spinstyle Rotating Curling Iron by SalonTech is perfect for creating anything from ringlets to beach waves and loose curls. The device has a 0.75-inch barrel, which is perfect for styling short and medium length hair. It features a patented curl dial technology that allows you to create curls quite seamlessly. The diamond dust coating on the surface of the ceramic barrel lets you create frizz-free curls by providing consistent heating. The curling iron can be heated to temperatures ranging from 250-450° F.
- Heats up in 60 seconds
- Adjustable temperature control dial
- Automatic curling technology
- Easy operation
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Ideal for all hair types
- Not compatible with all plug outlets
Le Angelique features a ceramic curling wand that lets you create long/short curls and beach waves instantly. The curling wand heats up to a temperature of 450°F in a short time allowing you to style your locks in no time. The curling wand has a 6-inch long barrel that is suitable for most hair lengths. It also comes with an 8-ft long power cord and easy-grip handle. Moreover, the swivel cord aids ease of movement while curling.
- Non-stick heating barrel
- Tangle-proof power cord
- Includes a safety on/off switch
- Includes a pair of heat-protective gloves and hair clips
- 110-240V dual voltage compatible
- Temperature cannot be adjusted
Buying Guide: Best Curling Iron for Short Hair
How To Choose the Best Curling Iron For Short Hair?
With the sudden influx of hair curlers, it can be hard to choose one that won’t be disappointing. Here are a few factors that will help you make the right decision:
- Material: Curling irons that are made out of ceramic, titanium, and tourmaline technologies are great for your hair as they are not just gentle, but imparts a healthy look to your hair. Titanium offers quick heating whereas ceranium adds shine while keeping frizz at bay. Tourmaline emits numerous ions while curling that offers a smooth and shiny look to your hair.
- Heat Setting: Certain hair types curl under low temperatures whereas heat resistant hairs require higher temperatures. Unless you are sure if your hair is heat resistant or not, it is best to go for a curler with variable heat settings and one that is ideal for your hair type.
- Size of the curling iron: Curling irons come in different sizes. If your hair is short, it is best to get one with a barrel size of 3/8 to 1 inch.
How Do You Curl Short Hair With A Curling Iron?
- Start by applying a heat protectant to your hair.
- Next, tie or clip the upper section of your hair so you are left with only a thin layer of hair underneath.
- Start by holding the curling wand away from your face and do small sections at a time. Slowly release another section of your hair and continue doing the same.
- Finally, remove the clip or scrunchie to curl the remaining section of your hair.
Tips To Get The Best Curls With Curling Iron
Here are a few tips that you can try out to get perfect curls:
- Allow some time for your curls to cool
- Make sure you start curling from the roots
- Ensure that your hair is dry before you start curling
- Hold the curling iron in a vertical position for loose curls
- Hold the hair curler diagonally for medium curls
- Holding the curling iron horizontally gives tight and bouncy curls
Common Mistakes While Curling Short Hair
Here are a few mistakes that people make while curling short hair:
- Not using the right size barrel
- Buying a curling wand that is not ideal for short hair
- Changing the direction while curling
- Not curling the hair in small sections
Curly hair looks magnificently beautiful. But, if you don’t have such hair, you can still achieve it with the help of curling irons. However, curling is comparatively easier for people with long and medium-sized hair, not so much for people with short hair. But, fret not! You can still get beautiful curls with curling irons designed especially for you. Curling irons with 3/4 inch and 5/8 inch barrels offer great flexibility in defining curls. So it would be best to invest if you want curls in your short hair. However, avoid curling irons with no temperature settings as you can’t achieve various styling with those.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Kirtana Divakar, is a hair care enthusiast who loves to experiment with the latest hair styling products. According to her, salon-styled hair is an achievable dream with the right products like curling iron. She shares tips for choosing the best irons for short hair in her buying guide and explains how to consider material and heat setting parameters for a better experience. After conducting extensive research and reviewing numerous online reviews, she compiled this top products list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size curling iron is good for short hair?
For short hair, it is best to go for a curling iron with 3/8 to 1-inch of barrel size as this would ensure that all your is curled perfectly.
Is a curling iron or wand better for short hair?
Both curling iron and wand can be used for short hair. While a curling iron gives tight polished curls, wands are used to create the natural beach waves look.
Can you use a long hair curling iron for short hair?
No, a curling iron that is ideal for long hair may not give the best results for short hair. However, there are curling irons that are suitable for all hair lengths.
Is it okay to use hairspray before using the curling iron?
Yes, applying a hairspray may help the curls to set better and stay longer without losing its shape and bounce.
Can you use a rotating curling iron for short hair?
Yes. Rotating curling irons feature a patented curl dial technology that helps achieve seamless curls. Hence, they are perfect for creating ringlets, beach waves, and loose curls for short hair. The curling iron features a 0.75-inch barrel size, ideal for styling short and medium hair lengths.
How do you make your super short hair look longer without extensions?
Here are a few tricks that might help your short hair look long without hair extensions.
- Straightening your hair with a hair straightener will help your hair look longer.
- Braiding your hair can make the hair appear longer.