Does running or walking on a traditional treadmill hurt your joints? Then you may switch to a curved treadmill. This non-motorized running equipment with a concave running surface reduces stress on the joints, burns calories, increases cardiometabolic demands and can be used for physical rehabilitation. Here is a list of the 9 best curved treadmills of 2020 with reviews, a buying guide, advantages, and disadvantages. Swipe up!
Table Of Contents
9 Best Curved Treadmills To Buy Online – Reviews
The IN10CT Health Runner is a curved manual treadmill that is perfect for gyms, homes, and rehabs. You can control your walking or running speed by putting in more effort to propel the curved band backward. To speed up, place the foot further forward. To slow down, place the foot closer to the center of the belt. It can be placed anywhere and does not require electricity. This non-motorized treadmill allows the user to run at his/her own pace for any amount of distance. The performance monitor tracks the time, distance, calories burned, pace, and heart rate from a stylish display. The side handles provide support to the hands. It is safe as the belt stops moving should you slip and fall.
- Burns 30% more calories
- Side handles for hand support
- Sleek design
The Assault Fitness AirRunner is an environment-friendly curved treadmill that helps burn 30% more calories. It is best for running, walking, and rehabilitation. This home/gym equipment consumes zero electricity. This highly durable curved treadmill has a 150,000-mile belt life. The metal frame, along with the stoppers under the belt, makes it sturdy and stable. A stylish, high-contrast LCD shows the time, distance, calories burnt, and heart rate. It is also equipped with rest and work LEDs. The horizontal lines and textured belt surface allow a better grip. This curved treadmill is Bluetooth-enabled and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Sturdy metal frame
- High-contract LCD console
- Burns 30% more calories
- Has a 150,000-mile belt life
- Better grip
- Streamlined design
- Device software cannot be upgraded
The Speedfit Speedboard ProXL is among the most advanced curved treadmills. This curved treadmill creates a standardized level of fitness based solely on your potential. It is a piece of great equipment for those looking to perform high-intensity interval training (HIIT). The treadmill introduces a short-time sprint running. It helps burn more calories in less time. The shock-absorbing belt is smooth and quiet. The textured surface of the belt enables a good grip and increases safety.
- Sturdy metal frame
- Equipped with wheels
- Great equipment for HIIT
- Burn more calories in less time
- Shock-absorbing belt
- Smooth and quiet operation of the belt
- Offers good grip
- Side handles for stability
The RESOLVE FITNESS Reactive Runner features a large 19” x 63” training surface that accommodates most user stride lengths. The innovative curved design reduces the impact on the joints and maximizes calorie burn while providing a more natural training experience. The Reactive Runner’s heavy-duty belt is comprised of 60 individual tread slats. These are constructed of reinforced aluminum rails with a non-slip rubber coating. The belt delivers a durable and softer training surface. The treadmill features 4 levels of Magnetic Resistance Control that allows users to adjust belt tension and increase workout intensity via an easy-to-reach lever.
A 6.5 inch backlit LCD Performance Console displays time, distance, RPM, total calories, calories/minute, speed, rounds, sprint, and recovery. You can choose from time, distance, and caloric goal settings. It also has 3 built-in preset HIIT programs (20/10, 30/90, Custom Interval). The adjustable 4-point stabilization system keeps this treadmill level on any surface. It also features transport wheels and a sturdy rear lift bar.
- Sturdy metal frame with rear lift bar
- Transport wheels
- Burns more calories with each foot stride
- Maximizes calorie burn
- Non-slip rubber coating
The TZ-3000C Curved Treadmill is a double chip resistance system that features emergency brakes. This curved treadmill has a sturdy metal body and PVC handles. The transport wheels make it easy to be placed anywhere. The LED console displays time, distance, heart rate, and calories burnt. The striated, wide base allows running or walking on a more stable surface. Your foot strike can control the belt speed. The treadmill features two-way chain transmission.
- Double chip resistance system
- Emergency brakes
- Transport wheels
- Striated wide base for more stability
The Gard Curved Mechanical Treadmill has a running belt size measuring 1500 by 430 mm. It features 8-gear settings – manual, interval, ups and downs, weight loss, hill running, mountain climbing, flat burning, and racing. The LCD displays speed, distance, time, and calories burnt. The crawler type of treadmill belt and does not use electricity. It is safe and helps improve fitness.
- Features eight gear settings
- Does not use electricity
- No transportation wheels
The Xtreme Monkey Fitness Curve Racer Treadmill uses rubber and synthetic compounds to make curved running slots that help absorb shock and protect the knees and other joints. The treadmill increases the size of the bearings to reduce the rotation by 50%. This greatly reduces noise. The added oversized wheels enable easy transportation.
The handles are designed to accommodate all different users. The curvature of the handles adds another level of safety and comfort, especially for seniors. The handles can be lowered to make sure the runners do not hurt their arms. This high-end curved treadmill includes a Bluetooth console that allows it to interact with the XM app and a full-scale console featuring time, speed, distance, calories, heart rate (requires transmitter), pace, and an interactive screen.
- Absorbs shock efficiently
- Protects knees and other joints
- Low noise
- Easy transportation
- Low handles for safety
- Bluetooth console
The Sprintbok Curved Manual Treadmill has a unique solid wooden frame that reduces the vibration of the machine when in use. The curved base allows better running and walking experience for all ages. The incline delivers resistance and works the muscles. Running on this treadmill feels easy and helps burn up to 30% more calories. The treadmill features a sleek, sturdy handlebar with a 17.3” tablet for the new Sprintbok app. One can choose performance data, as well as a variety of pre-designed running workouts and scenery runs. This is a maintenance-free machine that consists of 62 movable wooden slats, each with a linoleum finish, chosen for its natural and durable properties. The flexi-slats are ideal for shock absorption during running.
- Reduces machine vibration
- Burns up to 30% more calories
- Sleek, sturdy handlebar
- Absorbs shock while running
- No transport wheels or rear handle
The NNI Fitness Curved Treadmill is a lighter, user-friendly machine designed for all skill levels. The treadmill is a rugged, affordable, quality-built solution for improving fitness levels. This trainer comes with a responsive belt technology that makes it ideal for both beginners and professionals. It helps burn 44% more calories compared to a motorized treadmill. It is perfect for walking, jogging, or running.
- Designed for commercial and home use
- Designed for all skill levels
- Burns 44% more calories
- Low treadmill curve
These are the 9 curved treadmills of 2020. Take a look at the complete list of benefits of this innovative running equipment before you purchase one.
Benefits Of A Curved Treadmill
- A curved treadmill allows you to burn more calories.
- More muscle groups are activated.
- Has a softer impact on joints.
- Can be used for physical therapy to rehabilitate joints.
- Helps improve running form.
- Improves posture by activating the core.
- Ideal for HIIT.
- Does not consume electricity.
A curved treadmill can be a great addition to your home or gym. Take a look at this complete buying guide before you make your purchase.
Here are the factors to look for before buying a curved treadmill:
- Usability: A curved treadmill is perfect for people who want to burn more calories, perform sprints, and run/walk without hurting their joints.
- Stability: Check if all the four points of contact with the floor are stable and sturdy.
- Weight Limit: Buy a curved treadmill with a maximum weight limit that is higher than most users.
- Equipment Weight: Treadmills are heavy. Look for a lighter treadmill if you buy one for your house. Also, opt for treadmills with wheels and rear transportation handle for easy transportation.
- Warranty: Many curved treadmills come with a warranty period of 1 to 5 years. Within the warranty period, you can exchange parts or get free servicing (depending on the company norms).
Are There Any Disadvantages?
Curved treadmills could have a few disadvantages too:
- They are not a great option for endurance training.
- They are very expensive.
- The display console is not very advanced, like in a standard treadmill.
- They have a fixed incline, unlike a conventional treadmill.
- There is no motor-powered speed control.
- Cheaper curved treadmills do not have Bluetooth connectivity or the feature to pre-design a workout like in electric treadmills.
The futuristic curved treadmills are a great way to save energy and be a more environmentally-conscious consumer while achieving fitness goals. If you want to practice HIIT sprints, protect your joints while running or walking, or want good equipment for rehabilitation, buying a curved treadmill is a great option. Pick your favorite machine today!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Can you walk on a curved treadmill?
Yes, you can walk on a curved treadmill.
How many calories can you burn on a curved treadmill?
Curved treadmills help burn at least 30% more calories than traditional treadmills. Depending on your weight, intensity, and duration, you can burn anywhere between 100 – 300 calories in an hour.
Are there any health restrictions for using curved treadmills?
Go slow if you have an injured knee, hip, or back.
Can I buy these online even though they are large?
Yes, you can buy a curved treadmill online.
How accurate is a curved treadmill?
So far, there is no data to validate the accuracy of a curved treadmill. Scientists are still studying and conducting experiments to find out all about this equipment and the impact it has on the human body.
- 10 Best Incline Treadmills
- 10 Best Folding Treadmills Of 2020 – Reviews And Buyer’s Guide
- 9 Best Under Desk Treadmills
- 10 Best Heavy-Duty Treadmills With A High Weight Capacity – A Complete Buyer’s Guide
Latest posts by Charushila B (see all)
- CBD Oil – Why It Works For Acne, How To Use, Benefits, And Risks - March 31, 2021
- Can Smoking Weed Cause Acne Or Treat It? - March 23, 2021
- 10 Best Ayurvedic Remedies To Reduce Acne At Home - March 23, 2021
- Why Vitamin E Capsules Are Good For Your Skin - March 17, 2021
- Listerine Foot Soak – Recipes And Tutorial For Soft Feet - March 15, 2021