Cuticles, when exposed to soap, dry air, harsh chemicals, or excessive cold, can become rigid, dry, and cracked. These weak and damaged cuticles can make the most appealing manicure or nail polish look unattractive. Thus, it is important to repair them using cuticle oils to promote nail growth. Cuticle oils are loaded with ingredients that work naturally on the nails and maintain the required oil balance, making the nails and cuticles look smoother. So if you are looking forward to healing your nails and cuticles, here are the top 15 cuticle oils to try right away.
What Is A Cuticle Oil
Cuticle oils are nourishing and hydrating products designed to heal dry cuticles and brittle nails. Most cuticle oils consist of ingredients like jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, etc. These oils and ingredients are rich in omega fatty acid as well. These acids can soften the nails and cuticles within a few applications.
These oils are widely used to prevent infections and improve the health of nails and cuticles. Regular use of cuticle oils helps the nails grow thicker, longer, and healthier. These oils also work on nail enhancements and nails with polishes.
The 15 Best Cuticle Oils You Must Try In 2020
This revitalizing cuticle oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that improve nail health and keeps the cuticles nourished. It is enriched with the goodness of milk, honey, and complex blends of vitamins and oils for conditioning your cuticles. Massaging this natural oil on your cuticles prevents nail breakage, peeling, and cracking. The lactic acid from milk stimulates the skin and promotes nail growth.
- Has a mild and delicious scent of honey
- Makes the cuticles soft and healthy
- Promotes nail growth
- Relieves soreness from dried or damaged cuticles
- Comes in an inconvenient package
- Some may find the fragrance overpowering
Vitamin E is most beneficial for nails and cuticles. This oil strengthens nails and keeps them and cuticles moisturized. If you have dry and flaky nails, massage this oil regularly to keep your cuticles nourished. The oil also consists of other vital ingredients like aloe, and apricot kernel for lasting results.
- Loaded with the richness of wheat germ and natural essential oils
- Conditions cuticles and increases nail flexibility
- Fragrance-free formula
- Works on tough and hard cuticles
- Does not offer quick results
If you need an oil that quickly penetrates the nail bed and has great moisturizing properties, this is a great pick. Its superb penetrating formula works on the deeper layers of the skin and conditions the nails and cuticles. Plus, it features the blend of natural oils such as jojoba, vitamin E, and sweet almond oils. These oils are loaded with antioxidants that gently soften cuticles.
- Light and penetrative oil
- Has a medium consistency
- Has a refreshing scent
- Works on natural nails, enhancements and nail enamel too
- Does not have an easy-to-use applicator
Here is a one-of-a-kind cuticle and nail oil pen that will protect the delicate skin around your nails and cuticles from free radical damage and nourish the skin. If your nails are brittle and flaky, this pen helps repair peeling and brittle nails while decreasing the appearance of wrinkles. As a bonus, its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties prevent your cuticles from getting infected or damaged.
- Eliminates and reduces hangnails within 5 days
- Made using organic and non-toxic ingredients
- Prevents nail enhancement and nail polish cracking
- Easy-to-use applicator pen
- Anti-microbial properties to keep your nails and cuticles free from infections
- Free from fillers additives or solvents
- Runs out quickly
- Need to apply it frequently
This nail oil replenishes layers of the nails and maintains the balance of natural oils around your nails and cuticles. The cuticle oil helps soften rigid cuticles and cracked nails with ease. The oil repairs the nails and promotes growth. It is made using tea tree extracts to provide extra nourishment and heal hangnails. It also consists of lavender and lemon essential oils that’ll leave your nails with an appealing, mild scent.
- Does not use any harsh chemicals or toxins
- Regenerates cells and provides nourishment to the nails
- Comes with a convenient applicator brush
- Features a fresh and creamy formula to keep the skin hydrated
- The packaging is leaky
- May not work on extremely dried out nails
Give your cuticles what they need: a soothing spa! This oil provides a dose of moisturization and keeps your nails and cuticles hydrated. Formulated with grapeseed, kukui, sesame, and cupuaçu oils, this product has a fast-absorbing formula that penetrates the cuticle bed easily. All it takes for your nails to look healthy and bright is a drop of this versatile and high-impact nourishing oil.
- Has a mild scent
- Convenient and travel-friendly bottle
- Infused with moisturizing coconut and macadamia oils
- Vitamin E and shea butter hydrates dry skin
- Locks moisture in the cuticle beds and nail for up to 24 hours
- Not suitable for damaged nails and cuticles
This nourishing cuticle oil by Cuccio features a blend of pomegranate and fig extracts with a convenient applicator and bottle. Its unique formula helps prevent breakage and turns rigid, stubborn skin softer. It does not cause a mess while using it as it comes with an easy-use applicator that enables it to penetrate the skin and heal cracked cuticles.
- Has a mild and pleasant fragrance
- Does not leave a greasy residue
- Absorbs quickly into the nail beds
- Prevents nail enamel flaking and cracking
- Keeps the nail moisturized for up to 24 hours
- Product leaks because of poor packaging
Have you always wanted to try a cuticle oil infused with real flowers? This scented cuticle oil offers a relaxing experience owing to its essence, and this is just one of the many benefits it provides. The oil penetrates the nail bed even when you’ve applied a coat of nail polish. Plus, its lingering rosy fragrance will make you feel like you have been to a spa.
- Heals dried and cracked cuticles
- Shows visible results within just 2 weeks
- Lasting and mild scent
- Should not be used on infected cuticles
This cuticle oil pen makes it easier than before to hydrate and nourish the cuticles and nail bed. It is packed with conditioning oils and works well on rigid, cracked nails and delicate cuticles. Within 3 days of regular use, it heals hangnails and reduces brittleness. Plus, the oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties to improve the health of nails and prevent infections.
- Made with pure and organic ingredients
- Paraben and cruelty-free product
- Encourages healthy nail growth and eliminates fungus
- Packed with vitamins A and E for added nourishment
- May not work on extremely dried out cuticles
With a luxurious and creamy blend of premium oils with honey and milk, this cuticle oil is curated to revitalize your cuticles and penetrate the nails and skin while making you feel fresh with its subtle scent. Honey soothes the cuticles and locks moisture; milk stimulates nail growth and smoothens the rigid cuticles, while vitamin E oil relieves dryness. This oil comes with a dropper to prevent contamination and further infection.
- Antioxidant rich oil penetrates the skin easily
- Comes with a sanitary dropper
- Lightly scented and refreshing
- Promotes nail growth
- Has a runny consistency
- May need to reapply quite often
We all love those freshly manicured and polished nails, don’t we? But maintaining nail health is not an easy task. Especially if you have thin and brittle nails, the manicures and polishes won’t last long. Flaky and peeling nails can cause pain and looks horrible, and to solve these problems, use this softening and hydrating cuticle oil from L’Occitane. This cuticle oil enriched with shea oil helps improve nail health and keep your cuticles moisturized. So what are you waiting for? Get one this miracle oil now!
- Softens cuticles and strengthens nails
- Formulated with ultra-hydrating shea oil
- Shows results within the first week of use
- Improves the condition of cracking, peeling, and dry nails
- Does not leave an oily residue on nails
- It takes time to get absorbed entirely in the skin and cuticles
Cuticle oils help relieve roughness, dryness of cuticles, and hangnails, and this cuticle oil does this like no other! Unlike thick creams and ointments, this oil easily gets absorbed in the dermis and nail bed and does a great job of healing your nails. The effects of the oil last long and lock moisture to keep the cuticles soft and nourished. This multi-purpose formulation helps promote healthy nails and regenerates damaged skin.
- Features refined tamanu oil with fatty acids and anti-bacterial benefits
- Hemp seed oil and gamma-linolenic acid improve dry skin and soothe symptoms of eczema
- Prevents nail and cuticle infections
- Has a slightly foul smell
This is a nail strengthener and cuticle treatment oil packed with conditioning ingredients to revive your nails and cuticles. You can expect great results for cracked and peeling nails within a week of daily use. Its unique anti-fungal treatment and patented 12-oil blend will start as a gel and turn into a hydrating oil that gets easily penetrated. It’s a perfect solution for smoothening and softening cuticles.
- Speeds up nail growth and improves nail and cuticle health
- Features patented 12-oil blend
- Safe to use on nails and nail-enhancements
- Antifungal treatments prevent bacterial growth and fungus
- Leaves oily residue after application
Want to give your nails a session of salon-style pampering? The first step to getting beautiful nails is to hydrate and moisturize the nails. Simply massage a few drops of this rejuvenating oil on your nails and cuticles, and observe as it speeds up growth. This cuticle oil is enriched with jojoba oil, camellia, olive oil, and vitamin E oil that will make your manicures and pedicures look more beautiful than ever before.
- Non -greasy and highly-penetrative oil
- Makes nails softer
- Cares for brittle, flaky, and peeling cuticles
- An organic and vegan-friendly product
- Has a watery consistency and frequent touch-ups are required
This charming little bottle filled with renewing and skin-enriching oils is sure to keep your cuticles and nails conditioned. The spill-free glass droppers prevent mess and allow the oils to be absorbed quickly. Whenever you are busy, pickup this bottle and drop this oil filled with the goodness of vitamin E, coconut oil, and jojoba oil on your cuticles to fasten nail growth, it is that simple!
- Provides hydration with each drop
- Fast and easy absorption
- Does not feel sticky
- Features a convenient dropper
- Not recommended for infected nails
We will now explore what ingredients you must look for while buying cuticle oils.
What Ingredients To Look For In A Cuticle Oil?
Here are a few ingredients that can help repair extensive cuticle damage and nourish the nails:
- Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is rich in antioxidants and can heal torn and dehydrated skin quickly. If you have dry cuticles, this oil will soften your cuticles within a few uses.
- Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ provides anti-aging benefits and is also rich in antioxidants. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles around the cuticles and does not clog pores and thus, protects the cuticles from free radical damage.
- Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is a soothing agent and offers loads of hydration. Thus, if you have inflamed, irritated, or dry cuticles, look out for a cuticle oil that is infused with aloe vera gel.
- Coconut Oil
From broken nails to fungal infections, coconut oil is capable of healing many nail and cuticle related issues. It promotes nail growth, acts as a natural remedy for bacteria and fungus, and will help you get rid of dryness too.
- Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is applied to cuticles for soothing irritated skin. It strengthens the nail bed and has antifungal properties. Thus, if you have fungus or athlete’s foot, a cuticle oil with jojoba will help prevent infections.
- Sweet Almond Oil
For peeling, cracking, and brittle nails, almond oil will work as a protective agent. It will restore the nail health and is loaded with essential vitamins like vitamins E, A, B1, B2, and B6 to strengthen the nails.
Apart from these ingredients, you can also choose oils with ingredients like shea butter, sesame oil, cocoa butter, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, etc. based on your requirements and condition.
What Are The Benefits Of Cuticle Oil
There are plenty of benefits of cuticle oil, and here are some of the prominent benefits they offer:
- Protects nails from damage
Our nails are exposed to soapy water, harsh chemicals, and such environments that can weaken them and make them brittle. The prime benefit of cuticle oil is that these oils protect nails from peeling, breaking, and bruising. Issues like eczema and psoriasis can also be prevented by using a good cuticle oil.
- Repairs nails
Damaged, brittle, or rough nails can be repaired using cuticle oil. These oils promote blood flow to the fingers and nails, which improves the healing abilities of the fingers. The nourishing and soothing oils can heal inflamed or irritated skin around the nails.
- Moisturizes the cuticles and nails
Cuticle oils are packed with ingredients that can hydrate the skin and prevent dryness. When you notice cuticles growing and the nails getting brittle, applying cuticle oil prevents the skin from drying out.
How To Use Cuticle Oil
Applying cuticle oil is quite simple. Here’s how you can use cuticle oil regularly for best results:
- Start by cleaning your nails. Remove nail polish with a gentle nail polish remover. Some oils can be used over nail polishes while others cannot.
- Once you remove the nail polish, rinse the nails with water and soap. You can also use a mild cleanser to clean the nails. Pat the nails dry.
- Shake the bottle of cuticle oil before applying so the ingredients mix well.
- Hold the dropper 5 cm above your finger and apply it to your nails. You can also use a brush to apply the oil on and around the nails.
- Cover all the sides of your nails.
- You can also massage the oil with your fingertips for a minute or two as it stimulates growth and promotes blood flow to the area.
- Within 3-4 hours, the oil will get absorbed in the skin. You can reapply after a few hours or the next day.
How To Choose The Best Cuticle Oil And Cream
Here are the things you need to keep in mind while selecting a cuticle oil or cream:
- Check the ingredients on the bottle before purchasing it. Ingredients like shea butter vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, essential oils, aloe vera, etc. offer quick results.
- The other thing that you need to keep in mind is the type of applicator or bottle. You can choose a container with a glass dropper that directly drops the oil on your cuticles and saves time. If you like using a brush to apply the oil, any bottle will work.
- Absorption is the other thing you might want to consider. The oils that get absorbed too quickly need frequent reapplication, while those that do not get rapidly absorbed leave a sticky residue. Thus choose a moderately absorbent oil that penetrates the skin as needed.
Trimming cuticles might seem like a tempting idea, but it can result in bleeding and infections, and thus, it is best to use cuticle oils to nourish the nails. These are the 15 best cuticle oils that will soothe uneven and flaky cuticles and will leave your cuticles looking smooth and moisturized.
Which of these oils are you excited to try? Do let us know in the comments below!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
When should you use cuticle oil?
As the cuticle oil protects nails against damage, it can be used when cuticles, nails, and surrounding skin become dry and damaged. If you have dry or cracked nails or if your cuticles feel rigid, you can massage cuticle oil around your nails and cuticles to condition and soften the surrounding areas.
What is the best product for dry cuticles?
A cuticle oil that features hydrating ingredients like vitamin E oil, essential oils, hydrating aloe, or antioxidants is excellent for treating dry cuticles. Cuticle oils are gentle on the skin and provide intense-hydration with quick absorption.
Is cuticle cream or oil better?
Cuticle creams may leave a thick and sticky residue on the nails and might not get absorbed in the skin. On the contrary, cuticle oils have a medium consistency and get easily absorbed in the skin and cuticles. Oils offer deep conditioning without leaving any greasy residue. Thus, if you want quick results and better absorption, cuticle oils are better.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 11 Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Mascaras Of 2020 - July 9, 2020
- 11 Best Mascaras For Bottom Lashes (Lower Lashes) Of 2020 - June 29, 2020
- 11 Best Yellow Nail Polishes To Wear This Summer - June 29, 2020
- 13 Best Magnetic Nail Polishes Of 2020 - June 25, 2020
- 13 Best Water-Based Primers Of 2020- A Buying Guide - June 25, 2020