If you’re someone who follows beauty and skin care trends closely, chances are you have heard of derma rolling or microneedling. This is a technique that uses a tool called derma roller consisting of tiny, thin needles to puncture the surface of your skin and promote collagen production. It is hailed as one of the best devices that help reduce acne scars and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles on our face, giving us smoother, firmer, and brighter skin. However, what we didn’t know is that derma rollers are one of the best devices used to promote hair growth as well. Using this on your scalp helps stimulate cell production and improve blood circulation, which further boosts hair growth.
The thought of hundreds of tiny needles pricking your scalp may sound absurd, but it could be one of the best things that happened to your hair. But as much as it is important to find the right one for at-home use, it is essential to know how these devices work. Are you eager to try it out already? Then scroll down to find the 9 best derma rollers for hair growth and everything else you need to know about them. So, let’s get rolling!
9 Best Derma Rollers To Boost Hair Growth On The Scalp
What is better than 1 derma roller? 2 derma rollers! Yes, that’s right, and that too at a budget-friendly price. NoveLife Microneedle Derma Roller is one of the best at-home derma rollers to be used by a novice. It uses 0.25mm needles to deliver a minuscule prick on your scalp that is painless, promotes collagen production, and stimulates hair growth. It consists of 540 microneedles that are made of high-end titanium, which makes this derma roller corrosion-resistant, strong, and durable.
- Prevents hair loss
- Enhances the absorption of moisturizing nutrients
- Suitable for face as well
- Recommended for men and women
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Needles will not break or wear
- Tends to cause slight pain initially
This derma roller kit includes all the essentials required for a successful at-home derma rolling session. It comes with a derma roller, a cleaning cup, and a handy bag for convenient storage. It uses 0.3mm stainless steel-titanium microneedles that are slightly longer and pierces your skin deeper, which helps your scalp absorb hair creams or serums better. The cleaning cup is meant to be filled with rubbing alcohol, which is used to sterilize the device and keep it free from germs. It is also UV/Gamma sterilized for added protection.
- Improves hair growth
- Features 540 needles
- Includes sterilization cup and instruction manual
- Can also be used on face and body
- Suitable for men and women
- May not be durable
Are you suffering from excessive hair loss? Then, Alphaluxy Derma Roller might be the right choice for you since it is scientifically designed for hair regrowth. Made using 540, 0.5 mm medical-grade titanium needles, this derma roller penetrates deep into the dermis to restore the natural production of collagen, elastin, and keratin, which, in turn, accelerates hair growth. This needling device comes along with a carry case for convenient storage and portability.
- Promotes thicker hair
- 5 mm microneedles for deeper penetration
- Helps reduce acne scars and wrinkles on the face
- Complimentary derma rolling educational guide
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- May take longer to show visible results
Prick and roll those bald patches on your head away with the help of Priotone Microneedle Roller. This high-end titanium microneedling instrument can stimulate hair growth and lend you thicker and stronger mane over time. Specially designed for home use, this device is designed with a needle length of 0.25 mm that creates painless micro-injuries on your scalp to help regenerate hair follicles. The needles are made of titanium, which makes this device long-lasting.
- 540 microneedles
- Improves your scalp’s ability to absorb topical hair serums
- Includes a storage case
- Helps reverse the aging process
- Suitable for men and women
- 30-day 100% money-back guarantee
Have you noticed a few bald patches on your scalp? But you don’t have the time and money to get a professional treatment done? Worry not! This derma roller by BlackTouch works like magic on your scalp. It consists of 540 tiny needles that are 0.25 mm in length and work effectively to accelerate the growth of hair follicles in the targeted areas. This sleek black derma roller is ergonomically designed, and the handle features an anti-slip grip for better control.
- Sleek and stylish design
- Features 9 titanium disks with 60 needles in each
- Helps increase blood flow to hair follicles
- Includes a storage tube and a user manual
- Also used on face, neck, and abdomen
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Slightly expensive
It is natural for your hair to shed, but losing more hair than normal is quite scary for most of us. Enter BlissFull Body Cosmetic Derma Roller! Thanks to its 0.25 mm stainless steel needles, this needling device gently pierces the skin to improve blood circulation and helps enhance regrowth of hair where necessary. It also helps make your scalp and hair more receptive to hair oils, gels, and serums. Overall, it is painless, non-squeaky and easy to maneuver!
- Safe and hygienic
- Features 540 microneedles
- Can also be used as an exfoliating tool on face and body
- Includes a travel case
- Ideal for both men and women
- May cause skin irritation if not used properly
Now you can relax knowing that there is a product that helps prevent hair loss! SkinRollrz Derma Roller is one of the best derma rollers for hair growth. Using high-quality titanium needles to penetrate the skin on your scalp, it stimulates the natural healing process of the body. This prompts the production of natural protein and new tissue growth, resulting in healthier, thicker, and lustrous locks over time! This derma roller features 540 microneedles, each measuring 0.25mm, which is considered to be the safest length for at-home use.
- Safe and painless technique
- Considered as one of the best anti-aging skin care tools
- Helps in the better absorption of creams and serums
- Recommended for both men and women
- May take longer to show results
Those looking to combat hair loss and speed up the process of hair growth should consider this derma roller kit by Glemme. It includes a derma roller, a biotin hair growth serum, and thickening shampoo. This device features tiny needles measuring 0.5 mm, which is used to make painless pricks on the scalp to facilitate the production of new tissue growth and boost circulation without causing skin damage. Also, the serum aids in the retention of natural and healthy-looking hair, while the shampoo helps prevent hair thinning and hair loss.
- Derma roller contains 540 needles made of durable titanium
- The serum features biotin and D-Panthenol that provides nourishment
- The shampoo includes natural hair thickening B-Complex formula
- Suitable for all hair loss conditions
- Slightly expensive
For those of you who want to test the microneedling waters, JJ ELLIE Derma Roller Kit is one of the best! It helps improve blood circulation, aids in the development of new and healthier hair follicles, and reduces hair loss. It also works towards making your hair more susceptible to topical products. This 0.25 mm cosmetic-grade titanium needling device is gentle on your skin, easy to use, and highly effective.
- Includes 540 needles
- Increases the absorption of hair products
- Works as an exfoliating tool for face and body
- Comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver
- Boosts blood circulation
- Includes a protective case for storage
- Tends to work better only when this device is used along with a hair growth product
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
Now that you have gone through the list of the 9 best derma rollers in the market, here are a few factors to consider before you invest in one.
A Buying Guide To Choose The Right Derma Roller For Hair Growth
Prior to purchasing a derma roller for your hair, it is important to take these points into account:
Know What A Derma Roller Is
A derma roller is a handheld cosmetic device that consists of hundreds of sharp microneedles. When it is rolled over the surface of the skin, it causes micro injuries. Our skin responds to these injuries and triggers our body’s healing mechanism. This, in turn, promotes collagen production, leading to firmer skin and brighter complexion. This device is used to repair the skin on your scalp, face and body, and uses needles that are anywhere between 0.25mm to 1.5mm in length based on the model you choose.
Derma Roller To Promote Hair Growth
- Derma rollers work the same way on our scalp as it works on our face and body.
- As we age, our scalp also loses collagen, resulting in slow/no hair growth and more hair loss. So when a derma roller is used on the surface of our scalp, it creates tiny wounds that prompt our body to produce new tissue to repair them.
- These microneedling devices also stimulate blood circulation, which, further, restores new hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- It also helps increase the absorption of hair treatment products into the skin.
How To Use a Derma Roller On Scalp
Here are a few essential steps that you need to follow when derma rolling on your scalp. That being said, if you are in doubt, it is best to consult a dermatologist or a licensed esthetician for more information.
- Firstly, choose a microneedle that is safe to use on the scalp. It is said that needles that are 0.25 to 1 mm are effective in preventing hair loss.
- Sanitize the derma roller. Let it soak in disinfectant alcohol for at least 10 minutes.
- Derma rollers should only be used on a clean scalp. So, wash your hair with a mild cleanser to remove dirt and grime. Dry your hair thoroughly.
- Place the derma roller at the edge of the targeted area where you want to boost hair growth.
- Roll the device slowly in 4 directions – first horizontally, then vertically, and finally twice diagonally. You need to apply pressure so that the needles penetrate your skin. This may cause a slight tingling sensation. But remember not to apply too much pressure, which may lead to pain and bleeding.
- If you are using them in the area where there is hair, roll the device in the direction of hair growth so as to not break hair strands.
- Once done, ensure to wash the derma roller with an antibacterial soap and sanitize again in a disinfectant alcohol solution. Allow it to air dry, after which you can store it in a box.
- Immediately after the microneedling treatment, apply any hair growth oil or serum on your hair, which aids hair regrowth.
Side Effects Of Derma Rollers
Given below are a few side effects derma rollers could cause
- Severe bruising
- Skin peeling
- Extreme redness and irritation that does not reduce
We have searched high and low to give you all the information that you would need to make your at-home derma rolling sessions comfortable. But it is essential that you follow the instructions correctly and also use it only as recommended by the manufacturer. Along with using derma rollers, you also need to adhere to a healthy lifestyle to achieve long-lasting benefits. Check out our list that comprises 9 best derma rollers for hair growth. Have you tried any of these devices? Please do share your experience with us by leaving a comment below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How long does it take to see results from derma rolling?
It depends from person to person, but ideally, one should see visible results in a month or two.
Does derma roller cause a skin infection?
It does not cause infection unless you use it on an inflamed or wounded scalp, apply more pressure than necessary, or if you use another person’s device.
How hard should I press a derma roller when using it?
You need to press the derma roller hard enough that it pricks and penetrates the surface of your scalp, but not too much that it causes bleeding or discomfort.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 9 Best Nail Polish Thinners Of 2020 – Buying Guide & Reviews - July 1, 2020
- 10 Best Metallic Lipsticks For A Gorgeous Glittery Pout - June 30, 2020
- 11 Best Nail Stamping Kits Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - June 25, 2020
- 11 Best Gray Nail Polishes - June 24, 2020
- 9 Best Nail Colors For Short Nails - June 24, 2020